hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marciano

First Team Breakthrough

Marciano

Not one for making these type of threads but think he will really turn out to be a fantastic singing. Was a target for some boo boys early days but has improved every match and he looks to have the confidence of the defence. His save today was one of the best I have seen in a long time. Also seen on twitter that it is likely he will be called back into the Israeli NT.
    Feels great to have confidence in our goalie

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The save he pulled off at 0-1 could have been critical. Different game if that went in.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    How many clean sheets is that he's had now?

I thought he looked very nervy 1st few games but the last 4 or 5 weeks he has been very assured in everything he has had to do.

When we are dominating games but still searching for the killer goal we need a goalkeeper who will make the big save(s). By all accounts he has done that today which is great to hear
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by NikGunnarsson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not one for making these type of threads but think he will really turn out to be a fantastic singing. Was a target for some boo boys early days but has improved every match and he looks to have the confidence of the defence. His save today was one of the best I have seen in a long time. Also seen on twitter that it is likely he will be called back into the Israeli NT.
    What "boo boys"? I've never heard any Hibs supporters booing Marciano.

Are you trying to say he got some criticism for his part in the lead up to Ayr United's first goal during the match at ER? That's hardly being a "boo boy".

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post

Are you trying to say he got some criticism for his part in the lead up to Ayr United's first goal during the match at ER? That's hardly being a "boo boy".
    Guy behind me away at Dunfermline was criticising him at every opportunity

@hibs.net private member

I think the term "boo boys" is used to everyone who makes disparaging remarks or criticism - you don't actually have to boo. Most criticism I have heard has been about his kickicoverng but he seems to be settling in ok.

The save Marciano pulled off today is as good as scoring a goal. Keeping clean sheets is absolutely vital - especially when we are holding a narrow 1 goal lead or drawing.
    Well done "Rocky"

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    An amazing save down to his right today. Had a great view just behind him. I think he'll turn out to be a class keeper for us. I hope we can keep him into next season.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy_g88 View Post
    There's always going to be some folk criticising a player for some reason or other. Doesn't matter how good or bad the player is. I've actually seen and heard football fans criticising some really fine footballers. Not just Hibs fans BTW. It's what (some) spectators do.

Quite often, the bloke doing the criticising couldn't get a game in a pub team.

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    I think the term "boo boys" is used to everyone who makes disparaging remarks or criticism - you don't actually have to boo. Most criticism I have heard has been about his kickicoverng but he seems to be settling in ok.
    OK I get what you're saying.

Just my opinion but..........think it way too early to pass judgement on him either way. He hasn't exactly been very busy so far. Wasn't at the game today but from what I have read on the threads he made an excellent save to keep score at 0-1. Another thing in his defense - it appears the back 4 have confidence in him which is important. Me ? I am hopeful but need to see him some more before I can pass judgement either way, although the signs so far are certainly looking good.

There's always going to be some folk criticising a player for some reason or other. Doesn't matter how good or bad the player is. I've actually seen and heard football fans criticising some really fine footballers. Not just Hibs fans BTW. It's what (some) spectators do.

Quite often, the bloke doing the criticising couldn't get a game in a pub team.

OK I get what you're saying.
    Bit like newspapers.

Daily Express day of the match " Law is King".

Daily Express day after the match"Law Must Go".

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    How many clean sheets is that he's had now?
    07 mate !
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by NikGunnarsson View Post
    Not too sure about that boo boys quote.

First Team Breakthrough Ginger Gehagan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    07 mate !
    Great save at 1.o kept us in the lead

Outstanding save at 1-0 today, a goal for them at that point could have totally changed the game.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    The save at 1-0 was top class and will be included in his next YouTube video. I've had my doubts but moments like that are why you watch football. Pure class.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Great to hear the keeper made a cracking save at an important time..bound to give the guy confidence that when he was called upon he produced. He did look a bit hesitant at times in previous games, particularly when the ball was played in behind the defence and he looked a little indecisive on whether to come and clear or drop back for a pass back. Other than that he's looked solid enough on the little he's had to do. Overall our defensive record is pretty impressive and he's a big part of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a bloody save . Was right behind it

First Team Breakthrough
    "Boo Boys" was maybe a strong term to use but it is true that people were worried about him not turning out to be good

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    I was on the old stand, thought he was going the other way, but turned and made a fantastic save

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy_g88 View Post
    Wow.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    He didn't have a lot to do today, and he was out early to warm up for second half due to seeing so little action. To then pull off a wonderful reflex save from close range showed great mental sharpness, and played his part in securing an important 3 points. The save came in the midst of Ayr's best spell, so a pivotal moment in the match.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    When did he make his debut?

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    When did he make his debut?
    Was it no Turriff?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    what a bloody save, and we were over in the side terracing next to the Ayr fans. I thought it was more shoulder hight rather than low down as someone suggested. not that it matters but it looked a goal all the way until he pulled that off. brilliant. most of his saves have been low down, and that is great for a big guy like him to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    what a bloody save, and we were over in the side terracing next to the Ayr fans. I thought it was more shoulder hight rather than low down as someone suggested. not that it matters but it looked a goal all the way until he pulled that off. brilliant. most of his saves have been low down, and that is great for a big guy like him to pull off.

I know it's immature but i thought that last sentence was funny

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain.... View Post
    Great to hear the keeper made a cracking save at an important time..bound to give the guy confidence that when he was called upon he produced. He did look a bit hesitant at times in previous games, particularly when the ball was played in behind the defence and he looked a little indecisive on whether to come and clear or drop back for a pass back. Other than that he's looked solid enough on the little he's had to do. Overall our defensive record is pretty impressive and he's a big part of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Like against St Mirren when he timed his headed clearance perfectly?! A less experienced keeper would have conceded a penalty or stayed on his line. We have got a top class keeper here. Look at our goals against record if you want to see how he is fitting in with a defence that is new to him.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    Was it no Turriff?
    Sounds about right. By my reckoning that means he's conceded 4 goals in 9 games and kept 6 clean sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Auld Git View Post
    Just my opinion but..........think it way too early to pass judgement on him either way. He hasn't exactly been very busy so far. Wasn't at the game today but from what I have read on the threads he made an excellent save to keep score at 0-1. Another thing in his defense - it appears the back 4 have confidence in him which is important. Me ? I am hopeful but need to see him some more before I can pass judgement either way, although the signs so far are certainly looking good.
    Agreed also need to see how he deals with crosses into the box. He has looked quite nervy. Having said that he is looking beter and better with each game.