hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    watched a Portland game on Sky a few months back, quite a noisy lot i do like their colours
    Providence Park is an unbelievable atmosphere. The games during our successful MLS Cup run in 2015 were incredible—I am lucky enough to have witnessed both keepers taking penalties: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqL7LIu7qEI

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Hi Mitch, my kids and I are season ticket holders but can't make the match due to a foreign holiday.
    Someone already has dibs on my season ticket but I'd be happy to upgrade 2 of the kids ones to adult tickets so you and Mrs Mitch can attend. I'd only be looking for the cost of the upgrade (maybe about £15 a ticket but I'll confirm).
    Send me a private message with details of when you're going to be in Edinburgh and I'll see if I can get the tickets to you before I go away a week today, if not I might be able to organise a friend to meet you beforehand and give you the tickets.
    Nice one Welcome to the Hibs family Mitch. Hope you are a lucky mascot

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Whisky and Hibs? You have the essentials of a Scotland trip nailed.

Anyone on Hibs database can buy 10 tickets for the cup game. So getting you tickets for that is no problem.
    Thank you :) Also add to that some hiking through Loch Lomond!

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Hi Mitch, my kids and I are season ticket holders but can't make the match due to a foreign holiday.
    Someone already has dibs on my season ticket but I'd be happy to upgrade 2 of the kids ones to adult tickets so you and Mrs Mitch can attend. I'd only be looking for the cost of the upgrade (maybe about £15 a ticket but I'll confirm).
    Send me a private message with details of when you're going to be in Edinburgh and I'll see if I can get the tickets to you before I go away a week today, if not I might be able to organise a friend to meet you beforehand and give you the tickets.
    Great offer - well played fella 👍

Mitch - welcome to the Hibs family 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Quote Originally Posted by deepteeth View Post
    Sent you a PM! Thanks
    Awww, what a happy story and ending.
    It brought a tear to my glass eye!

Fantastic gesture, Jonny.
    Hats off to that man!

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    I have a Hibs Season ticket but it is like a credit card and I don't know how I can gift tickets for individual matches. I could email you tickets for Galaxy, Lakers, Kings and Clippers, but Hibs not it seems.

Maybe someone on here can figure out how I can give you my seat. There might be a way I can use my season ticket account to buy a ticket. Again, I don't know how it works.

I live in LA but just had to have a Hibs season ticket. Let me know if your other offer falls through.

Lastly, First to Five Baby!

Hope you enjoy the game. It's going to be a good game with a great atmosphere. Hopefully a win for the good guys. GGTTH.

Hello Hibs Fans!

I'm Mitch, an American who will be visiting your fair city & greater country in a couple of weeks to celebrate my recent engagement. I'm writing to ask if anyone could help me get two tickets for my fiancée and I for the Derby on 10/24. I am a huge fan of the Portland Timbers here in the US, and would love to experience Scottish soccer for the first time. I reached out to the club directly to see if they could help me get around the requirement to have purchased a ticket for a lower-level match, but after much pleading they said they couldn't help.

Why Hibs?

- Timbers wear green and gold, close enough
    - We also have some Lithuanian talent, in Vytas
    - Edinburgh is cool

What's in it for you?

- A beer at the match
    - My eternal thanks
    - A Timbers Army scarf trade
    - The consolation of knowing that the USA is also on the verge of not qualifying for Russia

Please let me know if you can help.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    I have a Hibs Season ticket but it is like a credit card and I don't know how I can gift tickets for individual matches. I could email you tickets for Galaxy, Lakers, Kings and Clippers, but Hibs not it seems.

Maybe someone on here can figure out how I can give you my seat. There might be a way I can use my season ticket account to buy a ticket. Again, I don't know how it works.

I live in LA but just had to have a Hibs season ticket. Let me know if your other offer falls through.

Phone the ticket office and they will print out a ticket ready for pickup.

First Team Breakthrough Coults1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    watched a Portland game on Sky a few months back, quite a noisy lot i do like their colours
    Google the Timbers Tetris Song!

Thank you :) Also add to that some hiking through Loch Lomond!
    Make sure you climb Calton Hill when you get to Edinburgh, purely for the view of Easter Road.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coults1875 View Post
    Google the Timbers Tetris Song!
    Brilliant

@hibs.net private member
    Now there's a story with a happy ending, well done Jonny hats off to you, Mitch I was going to say head to the Hibs club before the game it would have been to have been good to have caught up for a beer and it would have been the most likely place to get tickets before Jonny's kind intervention but the Hibs club will be full and members only, anyway, welcome to the Hibs family nonetheless and enjoy your stay

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

A fine piece of Hibernian ambassadorial work there Jonny. Properly Hibs Class, well done.

Great to hear you got tickets.

I just hope you're not too disappointed with the atmosphere, Hibs v Hearts games tend to be very tame affairs with most people just giving polite applause occasionally. It's all very British, you know...

Nice one mate. I’m sure if you emailed the ticket office then they’d be able to work something out.

I know it’s easy enough to simply release a ST seat back into the mix so another random hibee can then purchase a ticket. If you want someone specific to get your ST seat then I’m sure that’s doable too.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    If this is genuinely an American then well done for helping him out.

Otherwise 10/10 to the OP for inventiveness on obtaining derby tickets ;-)

Hello Hibs Fans!

I'm Mitch, an American who will be visiting your fair city & greater country in a couple of weeks to celebrate my recent engagement. I'm writing to ask if anyone could help me get two tickets for my fiancée and I for the Derby on 10/24. I am a huge fan of the Portland Timbers here in the US, and would love to experience Scottish soccer for the first time. I reached out to the club directly to see if they could help me get around the requirement to have purchased a ticket for a lower-level match, but after much pleading they said they couldn't help.

Why Hibs?

- Timbers wear green and gold, close enough
    - We also have some Lithuanian talent, in Vytas
    - Edinburgh is cool

What's in it for you?

- A beer at the match
    - My eternal thanks
    - A Timbers Army scarf trade
    - The consolation of knowing that the USA is also on the verge of not qualifying for Russia

Please let me know if you can help.
    Mitch

As a Hibby now living in Toronto i wont be able to go.

I am on the database as only left 18 months ago if you want i can order tickets, f still available) and find a way to get them to you

Are there any tickets left fellow hibbies?.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

Cards have a barcode that scans at the turnstyle. Take a pihoto of the barcode send it to who you want to give the ticket to. They either print the photo for scanning or scan the photo on their phone at the turnstyle. No reason why that wouldn’t work. In fact I’ll try scanning a photo of mine on Saturday and see if it works.
    Last edited by greenlex; 10-10-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnifique View Post
    Mitch

As a Hibby now living in Toronto i wont be able to go.

I am on the database as only left 18 months ago if you want i can order tickets, f still available) and find a way to get them to you

Are there any tickets left fellow hibbies?.
    No it's sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post

Boy I think my favorite soccer game has got to be the one I mentioned when the goalies both got to take PKs in the playoffs, that was awesome but even some games that end zero-zero are still so awesome if there are a lot of shots on frame or if the halftime show is interesting. No matter what my team wears such cool jerseys and cleats, and I will always go to their road games if they're within a 6 hour drive.

Convinced yet? ;)

Looks like all is going well, and I have secured the tickets. I AM A HIBEE FOR LIFE. Thanks everyone for your help & support!

Testimonial Due
    You wouldn't be at least a little suspicious of an American using "football" over "soccer"? :)
    We use "football" with fans, or euros, "soccer" with non fans...or at least I do.

When do you get to Edinburgh mate? I run my own private tour business and if it suits you and your fiancé I would love to give you both a private driving tour of the city on the Tuesday morning. Just a couple of hours to get a taste of Auld Reekie. No worries if you already have something sorted out

Boy I think my favorite soccer game has got to be the one I mentioned when the goalies both got to take PKs in the playoffs, that was awesome but even some games that end zero-zero are still so awesome if there are a lot of shots on frame or if the halftime show is interesting. No matter what my team wears such cool jerseys and cleats, and I will always go to their road games if they're within a 6 hour drive.

Convinced yet? ;)
    Ahahaha, can we keep this fella? Edinburgh Hibernators are always on the lookout for support.

Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    When do you get to Edinburgh mate? I run my own private tour business and if it suits you and your fiancé I would love to give you both a private driving tour of the city on the Tuesday morning. Just a couple of hours to get a taste of Auld Reekie. No worries if you already have something sorted out
    Ah we would love to, but Tuesday won't work out. We're actually meeting up with my parents Monday and Tuesday (23rd-24th) in Edinburgh, who are on a longer tour, and they've got something or another planned for us that morning as they are with a tour group.

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

I just hope you're not too disappointed with the atmosphere, Hibs v Hearts games tend to be very tame affairs with most people just giving polite applause occasionally. It's all very British, you know...

Tee hee

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

Americans can be prim & proper too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKAIKAMPWt8

Ah we would love to, but Tuesday won't work out. We're actually meeting up with my parents Monday and Tuesday (23rd-24th) in Edinburgh, who are on a longer tour, and they've got something or another planned for us that morning as they are with a tour group.
    No worries mate. Have a great time in Edinburgh and GGTTH