hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Semi Final..

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The nightmare isn't being down here for many years. The nightmare is simply being here for another one.

Imagine try to attract players when you don't have the derbies and trips to Ibrox. The standard of some of the games is shocking. Or some of the teams I should say.

We only attracted 10k Hibs fans for a game against Rangers on the back of a 7 game winning run. Imagine trying to get people through the door next year. Infrastructure will mean absolutely nothing.
    Sorry but I don't share your bleak outlook. It wouldn't be a disaster if we weren't to get promoted and we would simply adapt by signing players within our reduced budget.

You're also doing your fellow supporters a disservice by suggesting we would desert the club even more. We might lose a few but we are down to our hard core and most of them will appreciate the progress that has been made even if it falls slightly short.

That infrastructure that you say means nothing will be one of the reasons why we will survive and come back stronger...even if it takes us a few years.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Semi final is way down my priorities at the moment, got 3 massive league games before then.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Semi final is way down my priorities at the moment, got 3 massive league games before then.
    Right now, I couldn't give a monkeys about the semi final.

I'm just starting to get concerned by the sudden swing in momentum from ourselves to Sevco.

We've had a six points and eight goals swing in favour of Sevco in the space of two games which is quite worrying.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Sorry but I don't share your bleak outlook. It wouldn't be a disaster if we weren't to get promoted and we would simply adapt by signing players within our reduced budget.

You're also doing your fellow supporters a disservice by suggesting we would desert the club even more. We might lose a few but we are down to our hard core and most of them will appreciate the progress that has been made even if it falls slightly short.

That infrastructure that you say means nothing will be one of the reasons why we will survive and come back stronger...even if it takes us a few years.
    Deary me.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Deary me.
    It might. You'd better prepare yourself.

It might. You'd better prepare yourself.
    If that doesn't bother you then nothing will. If we are down for "a few years" it will kill us.

So we buy crap players which leaves us watching a crap team and the faint hope of this crap team winning promotion.

Only for that crap team to struggle in the spl and get relegated. Sign me up

It won't be a disaster in the sense of us going bust. But it would be horrible going to places like Alloa and Cowdenbeath for another season or more. We've struggled this year with the budget we have but never mind, we can adapt and sign players on a lesser budget. That'll be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    If that doesn't bother you then nothing will. If we are down for "a few years" it will kill us.
    It won't be "fun" as others have stated (which I thank them for instead of using stupid wee smileys) but it won't kill us Cat.

What do people want? Everyone to be outraged because the business aren't meeting their service level agreements?

I'm a hibs supporter and I'm taking the default position which is supporting the team, hoping for the best and having a bit of blind faith. Excuse me.

It won't be "fun" as others have stated (which I thank them for instead of using stupid wee smileys) but it won't kill us Cat.

What do people want? Everyone to be outraged because the business aren't meeting their service level agreements?

I'm a hibs supporter and I'm taking the default position which is supporting the team, hoping for the best and having a bit of blind faith. Excuse me.

@hibs.net private member

There's being optimistic and then there's being daft. I know which one you are closest to

No not rage, but many are getting on our backs for worrying a little. I think we have every right to be slightly concerned that we may be down a while. Believe me more than another year down will hit us hugely and it could have a major effect on the future of the club!

I'll still be there supporting the boys but I'm fed up of failure and this relaxed attitude the board had for years that seems to have been taken in by some fans.

It's not ever yet I'm just stating my concerns that we have to go up. Maybe you don't think so and that's cool with me. Let's see where we are couple years down the line if we're still in this ****ty league.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    There's being optimistic and then there's being daft. I know which one you are closest to
    I'll put your comment in with the smiley brigade. If you can't debate properly then do one.

I'll still be there supporting the boys but I'm fed up of failure and this relaxed attitude the board had for years that seems to have been taken in by some fans.
    So what can we do? The fans that is.

@hibs.net private member
    I'll put your comment in with the smiley brigade. If you can't debate properly then do one.
    How'd you know I didn't mean optimistic?

No not rage, but many are getting on our backs for worrying a little. I think we have every right to be slightly concerned that we may be down a while. Believe me more than another year down will hit us hugely and it could have a major effect on the future of the club!

It's not ever yet I'm just stating my concerns that we have to go up. Maybe you don't think so and that's cool with me. Let's see where we are couple years down the line if we're still in this ****ty league.
    Do you think the Board has a relaxed attitude now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    It's a good question Mikey, but folk coming on telling us that we are over reacting by saying staying down is no big deal is part of the mentality of why we ended up here. Our board became complacent is hope we as fans don't settle for second best! If we don't go up then put pressure on the board to show we aren't happy at all.

I've not got the answers and we all want the best for the club but I'm not for one second accepting years in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Do you think the Board has a relaxed attitude now?
    No, defo not Leeann anyway! I think she's been a breath of fresh air. Mr Petrie though is still there which disappoints me and I honestly don't have a clue how he thinks these days.

I know what we cant do on here, and thats voice any kind of concern without being labelled a bedwetter.

If we don't go up then put pressure on the board to show we aren't happy at all.
    But what do we, the fans, do to help us go up and avoid having to do that?

I'd like to think we will turn out in our thousands at the semi and then again for the remaining games at ER. If we blow these games I hope they show the board exactly how they feel.

Turn up in our thousands, because thats worked in the past Mikey.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Stop whinging, stop using the Petrie excuse, get along to the games and support the team.

We are a completely different club to that of a year ago, on and off the pitch. It would be nice to think that some of the stayaways might appreciate that instead of looking for any old excuse to have a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Stop whinging, stop using the Petrie excuse, get along to the games and support the team.

We are a completely different club to that of a year ago, on and off the pitch. It would be nice to think that some of the stayaways might appreciate that instead of looking for any old excuse to have a go.

What is the point of this message board, is it to just talk about how good we are and applaude loses as if they are wins?

What is wrong about expressing your worries here, just as folk would in their office or in the pubs?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    What is the point of this message board, is it to just talk about how good we are and applaude loses as if they are wins?

What is wrong about expressing your worries here, just as folk would in their office or in the pubs?
    None at all, I was one of the biggest moaners on here last season when some were totally blind to what was going on. I just think that things are a million miles better apart from our finishing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    None at all, I was one of the biggest moaners on here last season when some were totally blind to what was going on. I just think that things are a million miles better apart from our finishing!
    So was a lot of us including me. This season if you read my posts I've backed LD and Stubbs from the very start. I've applauded the wins but what I've noticed is that if I or couple others say anything negative the same folk come on with smart arse comments of "here we go" or it's the old bed wetters.

I always thought of this forum as one to come on and discuss wins as well as loses. Hopes and concerns as well but these days everything is jumped on if it's negative.

For the record I think Stubbs has done amazing but I don't think we should be losing to Raith at any point in the season home or away!

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    How'd you know I didn't mean optimistic?
    my bad.

Anyway, arguing about something that might happen in the future is pointless. We'll all just have to wait and see.

First Team Regular
    I'm not one of them though??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I assume the players will be in training tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by JCHibby View Post
    I assume the players will be in training tomorrow?
    I'm not sure to be honest! Ones getting treatment may well be in but don't think they have training unless someone else can confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk