hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Semi Final..

Semi Final..

The semi final could be the most crucial game in our season. If we win it could be exactly the lift the boys need going into the play offs. Confidence would be high again!

But if we were to lose this game then I'd put my house on us losing the play offs. Prob against Falkirk again or QOS never mind The Rangers!

The worst would be The Rangers not going up if they were in the play off final. Another season down here with them doesn't fill me with confidence at all. Going up is a must and I mean a must! We will lose a fortune along with a few of our players.

Can't believe our club was run this badly and how many bad appointments we brought that's left us where we are.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The semi final could be the most crucial game in our season. If we win it could be exactly the lift the boys need going into the play offs. Confidence would be high again!

But if we were to lose this game then I'd put my house on us losing the play offs. Prob against Falkirk again or QOS never mind The Rangers!

The worst would be The Rangers not going up if they were in the play off final. Another season down here with them doesn't fill me with confidence at all. Going up is a must and I mean a must! We will lose a fortune along with a few of our players.

Can't believe our club was run this badly and how many bad appointments we brought that's left us where we are.
    nodded ma heid at all of that.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rangers don't have a pot to piss in, and will struggle to improve their squad should they miss out on promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. Rolls View Post
    Rangers don't have a pot to piss in, and will struggle to improve their squad should they miss out on promotion.
    How many times though have we said this about them and Hearts and look how it's turned out. King will invest I think and they are only going to get stronger imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Ah we are back to previous appointments now.

Good night all!

The world won't end if we lose the semi and it won't end if we don't go up.

Anyway, Farid says get your buses and holidays booked because we're going to the final!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Ah we are back to previous appointments now.

Good night all!
    Andy its true though! You think we can just dismiss all the ***** and keep telling folk how rosy everything is.

I'm sick of this league and how we got here!

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

Anyway, Farid says get your buses and holidays booked because we're going to the final!
    Course it won't, but we will lose more fans and that means more revenue. I'm still surprised at the relaxed attitude of some who think being down here means a little slump in our history.

We could be here a while and end up the Leeds of Scotland! But hey ho life goes on I suppose!!!!!!!

I keep reading about this old players will leave if we do not go up..... Well if we don't then they have failed anyway!

I will take a Scottish cup win over going up.
    Cougars!!!

After two back to back defeats at crucial point in season talk is cheap ,the players now need to show they can go on another extended unbeaten run for me nothing else is good enough now .

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Course it won't, but we will lose more fans and that means more revenue. I'm still surprised at the relaxed attitude of some who think being down here means a little slump in our history.

We could be here a while and end up the Leeds of Scotland! But hey ho life goes on I suppose!!!!!!!

You are wasting your time, the same folk slept walked into last seasons relegation telling us we only needed 1 more win.

We still have a chance of promotion, but jeezo we do make it as difficult as possible for ourselves, and seem to piss off a large amount of the support by constantly letting us down in the important games.

For us to stop saying and thinking this, then the club and team needs to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

You are wasting your time, the same folk slept walked into last seasons relegation telling us we only needed 1 more win.

We still have a chance of promotion, but jeezo we do make it as difficult as possible for ourselves, and seem to piss off a large amount of the support by constantly letting us down in the important games.

For us to stop saying and thinking this, then the club and team needs to change it.
    Exactly! These folk calmly telling everyone who is slightly worried and every reason to be looking at past history, to calm down or stop bed wetting.

We need to change the mentality of the whole club to start seeing results and then maybe fans wouldn't get so worried!

We are in the championship not the prem. We may be here a while and that will effect us off the park as well while each year teams in the top flight move forward.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Exactly! These folk calmly telling everyone who is slightly worried and every reason to be looking at past history, to calm down or stop bed wetting.

We need to change the mentality of the whole club to start seeing results and then maybe fans wouldn't get so worried!

We are in the championship not the prem. We may be here a while and that will effect us off the park as well while each year teams in the top flight move forward.

I remember the glory days when i was accused of being a bed wetter in the SPL, surely we deserve a different type of abuse in the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

It was a fact that we needed one more win. Who knows where we would be if we did get it?

He is indeed wasting his time when he paints a dreadfully negative picture after two losses on the bounce.

I see the usual suspects are back with their usual attitude. It's funny you should mention the end of last season as that's when we last heard so many of their pearls of wisdom.

Cat, if that's you being slightly worried then I'd hate to see you when you are really worried.

I'm sorry but you're overreacting slightly.

It was a fact that we needed one more win. Who knows where we would be if we did get it?

He is indeed wasting his time when he paints a dreadfully negative picture after two losses on the bounce.

I see the usual suspects are back with their usual attitude. It's funny you should mention the end of last season as that's when we last heard so many of their pearls of wisdom.
    Tbh over the last couple of years the 'bedwetters' have more often than not been correct.

All is not lost this season, far from it, but we have to get ourselves sorted out sharpish.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

All is not lost this season, far from it, but we have to get ourselves sorted out sharpish.
    Totally agree. People are totally ignoring the progress we have made on and off the park though and painting dour, negative scenarios when logically there is no need.

Cat, if that's you being slightly worried then I'd hate to see you when you are really worried.

I'm sorry but you're overreacting slightly.
    Can you honestly blame us? We get "same people panicking" yet the ones who were worried were right to be last season as we ended up down.

It's the business end Peter maybe you are happy finishing 3rd or 4th or maybe even happy to stay down another year, but I'm not. I am sick of settling for nearly men. We need to win the play off simple as that.

Totally agree. People are totally ignoring the progress we have made on and off the park though and painting dour, negative scenarios when logically there is no need.
    I'm not, I think LD has done great but it's results that matter. We also have a good manager.

But if you keep dismissing all the wrongs then how on earth can we get it right? Football fans go to watch their team play. Not to hear about progress behind the scenes. I think crowds at ER show that I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I'm not, I think LD has done great but it's results that matter. We also have a good manager.

But if you keep dismissing all the wrongs then how on earth can we get it right? Football fans go to watch their team play. Not to hear about progress behind the scenes. I think crowds at ER show that I'm not the only one who thinks this.

What "wrongs" am I dismissing that have any relevance?

Strange post when you think of all the fans who claim they won't go because of what goes on behind the scenes and won't go back until it improves.

What "wrongs" am I dismissing that have any relevance?
    Well you are saying the same people are moaning. We are moaning because of what happened last season and how we could blow it again. If we don't learn our lessons we will be down here a while.

Surely you can see why folk are worried?

Well you are saying the same people are moaning. We are moaning because of what happened last season and how we could blow it again. If we don't learn our lessons we will be down here a while.

Surely you can see why folk are worried?

I think we have learned our lessons and not getting promoted won't be "blowing it" in the same way as last season. I really don't share this nightmare vision that we will be down here for a long time. We have the infrastructure and we will simply adapt.

You never know, this might be just a blip.

I think we have learned our lessons and not getting promoted won't be "blowing it" in the same way as last season. I really don't share this nightmare vision that we will be down here for a long time. We have the infrastructure and we will simply adapt.

Really hope it's a blip.

We have the infrastructure yeah but the money we lose staying down hampers us massively. We may make it up still and that would be great but if we don't it's a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Strange post when you think of all the fans who claim they won't go because of what goes on behind the scenes and won't go back until it improves.
    I'm not one of them though??

The SF is massive, if we win there will be a surge in season ticket sales, club will no doubt guarantee a final ticket to folk who get one. A victory will ensure a decent budget for next season. We must win

Every game is huge from now until the end of the Season. It's a game of two halves....etc etc
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

The nightmare isn't being down here for many years. The nightmare is simply being here for another one.

Imagine try to attract players when you don't have the derbies and trips to Ibrox. The standard of some of the games is shocking. Or some of the teams I should say.

We only attracted 10k Hibs fans for a game against Rangers on the back of a 7 game winning run. Imagine trying to get people through the door next year. Infrastructure will mean absolutely nothing.

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    I think there's probably a more important game the week before that.....in terms of psychological impact and mentality for the whole club, we absolutely need to beat Hearts or at absolute worst not lose to them.

The massive lift or downer on the back of that game will, I think, define our season.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Semi final is way down my priorities at the moment, got 3 massive league games before then.