hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tracey has a few items on a list that she will be bringing up with our safety officer, and I'd imagine this incident with Carl Macar will also be included. I have no idea what happens next, but I'd hope that the security officer will then be raising this with Rangers, otherwise the whole exercise is pointless.
    I think there must be dialogue between the clubs though, because despite this not painting a pretty picture along with a couple of other complaints from last Saturday's game, the policing of home Rangers/Celtic games against Hibs has changed for the better compared to what it once was. By standing up for ourselves over these latest issues, like it looks like we have done with previous complaints, there is a greater chance of seeing some noticeable change.
    This is not a criticism of Hibs, the fans reps, the police or anybody else, but I think this is entirely missing the point. That point being that its not progress having better stewarding or better policing at Ibrox making away fans safer. Progress will be when those extra better trained stewards and extra police aren't needed at all.

Progress will be when the massive number of moronic idiots who follow that club are made to face up to the fact that its not acceptable to hurl sectarian abuse at people, its not acceptable to throw stuff at them, and it sure as hell isn't appropriate to spit on anybody, never mind disabled people. Is it not the case that the incident with their supporters bus in Easter Road a year or so ago was caused by one of them opening the doors and spitting on a wee Hibs fan who was with his dad on the way to the game? ....... they are the vilest cretins on the planet. Every club has its idiots, including Hibs, but they seem to be a breed apart when it comes to the extent and size of the problem they have, its massively out of proportion to even a club of their size.

Every club, every damned club, from the biggest to the smallest visiting that stadium more than once comes away with one story or another of incidents inside or outside the ground .... a few seasons ago even the chairman of Morton had a go at them in the club's programme about the way their fans were abused ( not Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts ..... Morton FFS ) even fans of the one club they might consider closest to their 19th century mindset in the aforementioned Hearts don't get a pass ........... nobody is immune from their bile.

Their fans forums are a cesspit of sectarian bigotry where posts promoting violence against fans of other clubs don't even merit a raised eyebrow from whatever the have that passes for an admin and where any condemnation of their disgusting, bigoted and violent behaviour that appears in the press or TV is dismissed as anything from lies to jealousy to a Catholic conspiracy.

The last place to look for condemnation of or a solution to this behaviour is within the corridors of Ibrox ... since its rise from the grave 5 years ago the people running that club far from condemning what goes on have pandered to the worst elements of its support. If its paranoid, bigoted or looking for absolution for pure hooliganism it can count on support or at the very least a blind eye from the very people who should be the voice of reason.

Its a vile club from top to bottom and until those of their fans who think it is appropriate to do away with its 19th century religious nonsense and drag its approach to supporter behaviour out of the 70s can make a dent it always will be.

As for a minutes applause ....... no way, that's for acknowledging national events or remembrance of people of significance to this football club, including its supporters and IMO to use it as a way of showing our disgust at this incident, no matter how abhorrent it was, would be to cheapen it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by shetlandhibee View Post
    30 seconds(imo it should only be for people thats passed away but because its sort of been organized now)clapping then 30 seconds if you hate the ,,,,,,,,rankers clap your hands
    A minute of 'if you hate the ****ing rangers' would be good.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    A minute or even 30 seconds of applause is only any good if the reporters at the game and the BBC actually mention it, what its about and why both sets of fame are engaging. That feels unlikely.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    There must have been plenty of witnesses to this surely.
    Have statements been given to the Police?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    How about chanting “if you hate the ****ing Rangers clap your hands” we could do this on the 30th minute
    Brilliant shout - I'm in

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Cut there allocation for Easter Road. Fill the rest of the stand with Hibs fans. End of the game hold them in, like they do us. Won't take them long to get home anyway as most of them are from in and around Edinburgh. ****s.
    I'd love that to happen. Sadly, it won't. I like Dempster, but she's shown a lack of a sack in dealing with der hun up to now.

How about chanting “if you hate the ****ing Rangers clap your hands” we could do this on the 30th minute
    How about we nick another one of their tunes?

To the tune of "I think we're alone now";

We hate Rangers
    Everybody hates Glasgow Rangers

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Much better plan.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    A minute of 'if you hate the ****ing rangers' would be good.
    Much as I am certainly no fan of the Ibrox institution, a few of my mates are Rangers fans and are decent blokes.
    I don't think it's right to condemn them all in this manner. Okay, TRFC have more than their share of morons I grant you however, I'd rather we made a more civilised condemnation of the spitting incident than a mass chant of "if you hate the ****ing rangers".
    That's their type of anthem - it shouldn't be ours.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I'd love that to happen. Sadly, it won't. I like Dempster, but she's shown a lack of a sack in dealing with der hun up to now.
    She did over the Scott Allen deal.

Outside of this however I'd agree and would also agree that this should at least be further up her agenda now.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Much as I am certainly no fan of the Ibrox institution, a few of my mates are Rangers fans and are decent blokes.
    I don't think it's right to condemn them all in this manner. Okay, TRFC have more than their share of morons I grant you however, I'd rather we made a more civilised condemnation of the spitting incident than a mass chant of "if you hate the ****ing rangers".
    That's their type of anthem - it shouldn't be ours.
    I'd rather that the "decent" rangers fans didn't stand by and let this kind of **** happen, and the bigotry, and the violence towards opposing fans, and all the other absolutely disgraceful things that they have been in complicit in letting happen for years. The only thing needed for evil to prosper is for good men to walk by!!

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    How about we nick another one of their tunes?

To the tune of "I think we're alone now";

We hate Rangers
    Everybody hates Glasgow Rangers
    ****ing no chance.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Your Scotland's shame
    Your Scotland's shame
    The Glasgow Rangers
    Your Scotland's shame

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This is not a criticism of Hibs, the fans reps, the police or anybody else, but I think this is entirely missing the point. That point being that its not progress having better stewarding or better policing at Ibrox making away fans safer. Progress will be when those extra better trained stewards and extra police aren't needed at all.

Progress will be when the massive number of moronic idiots who follow that club are made to face up to the fact that its not acceptable to hurl sectarian abuse at people, its not acceptable to throw stuff at them, and it sure as hell isn't appropriate to spit on anybody, never mind disabled people. Is it not the case that the incident with their supporters bus in Easter Road a year or so ago was caused by one of them opening the doors and spitting on a wee Hibs fan who was with his dad on the way to the game? ....... they are the vilest cretins on the planet. Every club has its idiots, including Hibs, but they seem to be a breed apart when it comes to the extent and size of the problem they have, its massively out of proportion to even a club of their size.

Every club, every damned club, from the biggest to the smallest visiting that stadium more than once comes away with one story or another of incidents inside or outside the ground .... a few seasons ago even the chairman of Morton had a go at them in the club's programme about the way their fans were abused ( not Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts ..... Morton FFS ) even fans of the one club they might consider closest to their 19th century mindset in the aforementioned Hearts don't get a pass ........... nobody is immune from their bile.

Their fans forums are a cesspit of sectarian bigotry where posts promoting violence against fans of other clubs don't even merit a raised eyebrow from whatever the have that passes for an admin and where any condemnation of their disgusting, bigoted and violent behaviour that appears in the press or TV is dismissed as anything from lies to jealousy to a Catholic conspiracy.

The last place to look for condemnation of or a solution to this behaviour is within the corridors of Ibrox ... since its rise from the grave 5 years ago the people running that club far from condemning what goes on have pandered to the worst elements of its support. If its paranoid, bigoted or looking for absolution for pure hooliganism it can count on support or at the very least a blind eye from the very people who should be the voice of reason.

Its a vile club from top to bottom and until those of their fans who think it is appropriate to do away with its 19th century religious nonsense and drag its approach to supporter behaviour out of the 70s can make a dent it always will be.

As for a minutes applause ....... no way, that's for acknowledging national events or remembrance of people of significance to this football club, including its supporters and IMO to use it as a way of showing our disgust at this incident, no matter how abhorrent it was, would be to cheapen it.
    Spot on
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

What an excellent post Sir

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Update from Carl via social media

“Apparently the Rangers fan who spat on me has been named and shamed and thrown out his flute band?”

Maybe tongue and cheek on the flute band part (or maybe not) but good to see the orcs turning on their own.

Would be great to share this cretins’ name far and wide

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Brilliantly put.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

I don't see how I was missing the point. It is a fact to say that policing and stewarding has improved at Ibrox in very recent times, as it has at Celtic Park.
    The incident with Carl Macar was disgusting, but he won't be the last person to be spat at, and such vile acts are not exclusive to football. I've been going to Ibrox to watch Hibs for over 30 years, and it's now as safe and comfortable as it has ever been for us there. A long way to go of course, but things are improving and progress is being made, albeit slowly.
    From my experience, Ibrox is now a decent day out - at one time it wasn't.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 10-02-2018 at 09:16 AM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I don't see how I was missing the point. It is a fact to say that policing and stewarding has improved at Ibrox in very recent times, as it has at Celtic Park.
    The incident with Carl Macar was disgusting, but he won't be the last person to be spat at, and such vile acts are not exclusive to football. I've been going to Ibrox to watch Hibs for over 30 years, and it's now as safe and comfortable as it has ever been for us there. A long way to go of course, but things are improving and progress is being made, albeit slowly.
    My wife, was unlucky enough to have been spat on at the game I mentioned above, more than 30 years ago.

Another one of their trudishuns I guess, Scotlands police, politicians and football authorities seem happy to perpetuate them as whilst there seems to be progress it's at best slow.

Scotland's shame doesn't begin to describe them for me.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 10-02-2018 at 10:08 AM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    So spitting on Carl is worse than spitting on me and deserves to make the papers? I personally do not think being spat on should be reported ahead of the signing at the match IMO.

I was not at Ibrox on Saturday and never been in that corner for years it would be interesting to know from regulars what exactly goes on in there from the Sevco fans near them, I bet its a damn disgrace.

For me this just gives the press the chance to condemn Sevco if they wish and give the impression they are not bias as spitting could be by any clubs fans were as fenian basas etc in just with them.

Sorry Rangers we need to have a wee go at some of your fans about the old spitting but don't worry we will leave the old sectarian stuff out of it whilst looking to slap your wrists. As you were Sevco.
    You’ll find I am in total agreement with you re the sectarian bile that comes from their stands EVERY game, and I’ve never hidden that on here. I’ve also said in an earlier post on this thread that one person spitting at Carl doesn’t represent the whole rangers crowd, regardless of how collectively ****my they are.

I was just pointing out that it of course it’s going to be reported that the guy is disabled. A bit like when an individual of ‘ours’ spat at a ballboy at tynecastle and was righty called out for it.. difference being he was roundly criticised at the time, after the game on here etc etc

It’s still a disgusting act whether it’s at a fully capable adult or not, but if the offender was aware he was targeting a blind man... it makes it that bit lower and shocking in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    My wife, was unlucky enough to have been spat on at the game I mentioned above, more than 30 years ago.

Another one of their trudishuns I guess, Scotlands police, politicians and football authorities seem happy to perpetuate them as whilst there seems to be progress it's at best slow.

Scotland's shame doesn't begin to describe them for me.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    I was spat upon by a big "bear" when I was 16, after we had beaten them. Lovely people they are.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Carl has taken a lot of stick on here but to be honest he is a true supporter of Sunderland and Hibs and I hope this disgusting incident doesn't put him off enjoying his football.

Blog Entries
    Interestingly or maybe not, they have closed the obnoxious thread on FF. I don’t know if that was because even their broad minded admins felt they had gone far enough with their poisonous bile or maybe they wanted to save it all for another day and other ‘targets’.

My wife was spat on by a Rangers fan when she was around 14/15. Seems to be a recurring theme with them.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Spitting really is the lowest of the low.

I’d rather take a punch than be spat on.

J

I was spat at when I was about 10 years old outside pierces bar.. my pal had his Hibs hat knocked off his head and it fell down one of those basement flats.. as he went down to retrieve it one of them started to urinate towards it from the street much to the amusement of his knuckle dragging pals.. I’ve hated them ever since.. lovely people..

It wasn't a criticism of what you said as such Carheenlea ..... I've no reason to doubt that what you said was probably correct in the context of better policing and stewarding, its been a long time since I've been to Ibrox so I'm happy to bow to your greater knowledge of how it is these days. The point I was trying to make is that its of no credit to the Sevco support that things are better for away fans.

That's the crux of the matter when it comes to this issue .... Having to build a stronger and more secure lunatic asylum isn't evidence that your attempts to cure and rehabilitate the inmates are working which is the real problem at Ibrox. They will only cease to be Scottish football's biggest disgrace and embarrassment when they themselves change things as a support. Until that happens they will get no credit from me for the fact that the zoo keepers are doing a better job with the animals.

Until that happens they will get no credit from me for the fact that the zoo keepers are doing a better job with the animals.
    Fantastic analogy, buckled at that

I was gobbed on by one when I was about 15/16 as well. A right scrawny wee lad I was, and he was a "bear" in every sense.

To be honest, it looks like getting gobbed on by huns is part of our tradition and culture.

On a separate note, the night that Ivan Sproule scored his hat-trick at Ibrox I went to see Andrew Maxwell at the pleasance. He did his routine about being caught amongst Rangers fans after a game, and being gobbed on. It used to be on Youtube, but no longer is. No doubt he's had his windows panned and death threats for insulting the traditions of one of Scotland's finest establishments. One of my favourite ever bits of comedy though, he even brought his "Ireland" jacket out and put it on.

First Team Breakthrough
    Lads had no luck, just been on radio newcastle as he was down Bristol today for the sunderland match, unfortunately he left at half time when they were 3 nil down to sit in the bus and missed the comeback as they came back to draw 3 - 3