hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Carragher

Left by mutual consent!
    If somebody was filming that while driving then that needs looked at before Carragher. It is a crime and it is very dangerous.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he is a goner and I don't mean an Arsenal fan .
    Despite the apology being accepted I can't see anyway he stays in his Sky job. He is young that spit may have cost him a few million quid. Twenty years work at over £100k a year ?
    I read this morning he is on circa £1M per year, which is a ridiculous amount for what he does but maybe not when viewed in the context of the EPL & Sky money.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Mrs S will be on shortly claiming that women never do this.
    I like aiming at passers by. 5 points for a dog, 15 points for a pushchair, that sort of thing

@hibs.net private member
    I’ll be very surprised if Sky keep him after this incident. But it does show what a idiot the guy really is. At the end of the day a grown man has spat on a 14 year old girl. I’d imagine that the police will also get involved.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Using a Mobile phone whilst driving...hope he gets done for that the driver of the car clearly is not worried about his daughters safety as he is holding his phone and driving as she clearly asks him to stop it. clown. As for JC silly silly man he could face the sack for that clatty git!

The guy filming should have a word with himself doing that whilst driving but what he was actually saying to Carragher was hardly terrible goading.

The video I seen all he seemed to say was "2-1 lad , 2-1" its not as if he was giving Carragher any sustained personal or really vitriolic abuse. When you consider Carragher was in his motor and the guys hardly invading his personal space it just makes how Carragher reacted even more bizarre.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    You think it's a mathematical rather than cultural thing then?
    Don't see why they can't just swallow whatever excess phlegm they're producing. Don't really want to see their bodily fluids flying through the air any more than I want to see people pishing in the street.

Spitting at people = urinating on people = disgusting, sackable offence, castration's too good for them.
    Spitting in public = urinating in public = gross.
    When you run around like a daftie, you breath through your mouth which quickly dries out your mouth & throat (even before taking into account the effects of dehydration). When play is stopped a player will often take the opportunity to generate saliva and swirl it around his mouth to ease discomfort, however his throat will still be dry and, given the high intake of air (getting his breath back) it can be uncomfortable to swallow, therefore the excess saliva generally gets spat out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shore Hibs View Post
    I read this morning he is on circa £1M per year, which is a ridiculous amount for what he does but maybe not when viewed in the context of the EPL & Sky money.
    It isnt a ridiculous amout, it is the going rate for his job at that level.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Idiotic behaviour from him, he could have just ignored it. The guy filming doesn't seem particularly concerned for his daughter though given his 1st reaction is to laugh. If someone spat on my daughter my 1st thought would be to make sure she was ok and I certainly wouldn't be using my phone while driving with her either.

A lot of football fans seems to think you can treat players (or pundits in this case) how you want though and get no reaction. They are human too. Video shows 2 people behaving like utter dicks imo.
    EXACTLY.

Could be very costly for both of those involved.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    If somebody was filming that while driving then that needs looked at before Carragher. It is a crime and it is very dangerous.
    Agree in principle but both are completely separate odious anti social crimes, both potentially can have consequences way beyond the initial crime. I think we've got a meeting of two couldn't care less erse holes. I have first hand experience of the horrendous consequences of morons who have such a disregard for others that they think it's okay to drive and F around with their phone.

Deliberately spitting on people is obnoxious in the extreme, people that do it have no brain, morals or self control and if they are public figures they are unlikely ever to shake the stigma, deservedly so. There's plenty other ways to respond to extreme goading as those west of Scotland fans showed us.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Is it illegal to use your phone as a camera while driving? I know the rules changed recently, but I seem to remember it only being an offence if you were calling or texting.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    The guy filming should have a word with himself doing that whilst driving but what he was actually saying to Carragher was hardly terrible goading.

The video I seen all he seemed to say was "2-1 lad , 2-1" its not as if he was giving Carragher any sustained personal or really vitriolic abuse. When you consider Carragher was in his motor and the guys hardly invading his personal space it just makes how Carragher reacted even more bizarre.
    The guy filming will have done a shedload of goading before the video passed to the papers starts.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    What he's done is wrong and stupid but high profile footballers/managers can't go anywhere these days without folk trying to wind them up and get them to bite while they are filming in the process to plaster it all over social media and get them in serious bother or ultimately sacked or disgraced. On this occasion the person who is filming him has got exactly what they wanted.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Neither driver or Carragher have covered themselves in glory - two ********s

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    monday night football.jpgMonday night football will be a lot different from now on.

@hibs.net private member
    using a mobile phone while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Disgusting from Carragher regardless of the provocation.
    Agree, no need for it at all. Being a big name in football unfortunatly a downside to that means your going to get noticed everywhere you go and rival fans will use that opportunity to have a wind up. Not saying thats right (especially when your driving with your daughter in the car) but just ignore it ffs, you've given the guy a reaction which was exactly what he wanted. Not saying he wanted to be gobbed on like but he wanted Carragher to take the bate and get pissed off.

The guy in the car sounds like a total tosser but no excuses for Carragher and it likely spells the end of his punditry gig at SKY.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststandee View Post
    Really? That seems a bit disproportionate to me.
    I think I'd rather someone punched me than spat on me. Totally disgusting and he should rightly be done for everything that can be thrown at him.

Totally agree with some other folks point that people seem to think its ok to abuse footballers and that tney should just stand and take it. That's not on either. While I'll never forgive spitting, you shouldnt start something like that and expect no consequences.

Its like when a footballer reacts to chants from the crowd and everyone suddenly starts greetin about it, childish.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    monday night football.jpgMonday night football will be a lot different from now on.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    ..... and to be renamed "Spitting Images" I hear.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Tbf we've only seen the 20 seconds or so leading up to the incident. Carragher said he was goaded all the way up the road so we don't know what else was said or done. Again though, still no excuse for Carraghers reaction.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    When you run around like a daftie, you breath through your mouth which quickly dries out your mouth & throat (even before taking into account the effects of dehydration). When play is stopped a player will often take the opportunity to generate saliva and swirl it around his mouth to ease discomfort, however his throat will still be dry and, given the high intake of air (getting his breath back) it can be uncomfortable to swallow, therefore the excess saliva generally gets spat out.
    Do you think that Roger Bannister spat a lot during or at the end of his 4-minute mile?

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Whilst I agree Carragher's in the wrong, I'm not sure why he should 'lose his job' as a pundit over it.

If people stop watching Sky because of it, then it would be a business decision later on for them.

I suspect if he does appear again, then some 'trial by twitter' tossers will start up and Sky will sack him because of that.

Personally I think he should be sacked for being a whiney twat.

Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post
    Whilst I agree Carragher's in the wrong, I'm not sure why he should 'lose his job' as a pundit over it.

If people stop watching Sky because of it, then it would be a business decision later on for them.

I suspect if he does appear again, then some 'trial by twitter' tossers will start up and Sky will sack him because of that.

Personally I think he should be sacked for being a whiney twat.

sky already have a 'pundit' that likes to use his mobile phone whilst driving(gary neville) so i'm sure they won't see a problem with another 'pundit' spitting

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    sky already have a 'pundit' that likes to use his mobile phone whilst driving(gary neville) so i'm sure they won't see a problem with another 'pundit' spitting
    I'm not sure using your phone whilst driving is in the same category as spitting at a young girl in another vehicle. I don't drive myself but i'd imagine a big percentage of drivers have on the odd occasion looked at their mobile phone whilst driving from time to time.

Do you think that Roger Bannister spat a lot during or at the end of his 4-minute mile?
    Probably afterwards. He was running rather fast and wouldn't want to be caught in the blowback.

I'm not sure using your phone whilst driving is in the same category as spitting at a young girl in another vehicle. I don't drive myself but i'd imagine a big percentage of drivers have on the odd occasion looked at their mobile phone whilst driving from time to time.

do you have any stats on people getting killed because of a mobile phone being used by a driver....or people getting killed by spit ?

Completely different categories. One is an offence under the Road Traffic Act 1985 as amended, while the other is a Common Assault.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    do you have any stats on people getting killed because of a mobile phone being used by a driver....or people getting killed by spit ?
    Surprisingly I dont no.

It was just an observation that I would imagine quite a lot of drivers have on the odd occasion used their mobile phone whilst in a car. Again , I dont drive so its not something that i've ever done but i've certainly been in vehicles when its happened , i've never been in a car when someone had leaned out the window (at the same time taking their eyes off the road) and spat at a car that included a 14 year old girl in the passenger seat.