hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    At some point our 20 odd shots on goal are going to start coming to fruition... hopefully this weekend. By the time we play that lot, we'll be firing on all - pair that with the fact we no longer fear the derbies, I reckon we could give them a doing. They're *****. At the end of the day, Potter had them from Thursday last week, all he's done is tell them to play non football and hoof. They've had the new manager upturn, I'm sure of it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I know what he's trying to say but he's dicked it up, no?

Yeah, I think he went a bit Cathroesque at the end there.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    At some point our 20 odd shots on goal are going to start coming to fruition...

I really hope so but it feels like we've been saying that for about three years now.

One thing's for sure, and that is the Yams will not put in another totally gutless performance like the one when Hibs beat them 3-1 (going on 6-1) at ER recently.

Hibs will need to be right up for a battle, and need I say it, they simply have to put the ball in the net when the chances arrive. We certainly will not be able to give them a goal of a start either.

I think people are maybe under-estimating Hearts. They have some pretty decent players and with Levein's industrial style football, as they showed against Aberdeen, they're gonna be an awkward prospect.

I'd feel a lot more confident if we get our ratio of chances to goals sorted out before we play them.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I think people are maybe under-estimating Hearts. They have some pretty decent players and with Levein's industrial style football, as they showed against Aberdeen, they're gonna be an awkward prospect.

I'd feel a lot more confident if we get our ratio of chances to goals sorted out before we play them.
    I think so too. I watched their highlights yesterday and their numerous chances seemed to come from harassing Aberdeen out of possession, and then cutting them open. I didn't see many hoofs up the park, Lafferty was on the bench also, and they seemed to have considerable pace in the wide areas.

Levein is no mug, and knows how to organise a team - the intensity of the Hearts performance was like and night and day compared to when Cathro was there. This Hearts team won't be rolled over easily like they were last season.

Of course we have many good players and we can definitely hurt them - but Levein's derby record shouldn't be ignored.

Left by mutual consent!

Indeed these chances have to be converted and it needs to start on Saturday.

I agree with this too and we also need to improve our ratio of chances against us to goals conceded.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    Pre-match on the radio said that the.
    pitch had been set out same size as their pitch at their midden !!
    In commentary yesterday it said that they set up essentially with 5 at the back ..not like Budgie's boy !
    Do teams not have to declare their pitch size at start of the season and keep it that length/width for the remainder? If so then they would have had no other option.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    We've scored 9 goals in 5 games. I know it should have been more, but it's a decent return. Hearts have scored 3 goals, I think they've got far more to worry about on the goal scoring front.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Jambos seem to think the boy from Raith had a good debut - even that he will "deal with" big Marv, I have my doubts.

From the highlights on Sportscene, they played quite well in a "cup tie" kind of way, clearly designed to blow the sheep away.

However it shouldnt be ignored that Berra pulled Rooney back and it was as clear a pen and red card as you will see. That happens, its a different match.

All I want when we play them is a half decent ref.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Do teams not have to declare their pitch size at start of the season and keep it that length/width for the remainder? If so then they would have had no other option.

I would imagine that's only for their home stadium and wouldn't apply to Murrayfield.

The pitch at Murrayfield is longer than Tynecastle and they didn't (actually couldn't) change that.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Jambos seem to think the boy from Raith had a good debut - even that he will "deal with" big Marv, I have my doubts.

From the highlights on Sportscene, they played quite well in a "cup tie" kind of way, clearly designed to blow the sheep away.

However it shouldnt be ignored that Berra pulled Rooney back and it was as clear a pen and red card as you will see. That happens, its a different match.

All I want when we play them is a half decent ref.
    Said at the time he's a Martin Scott type player. Won't last 5 minutes with Bartley unless he resorts to dirty play. His first 'tackle' v Aberdeen was as clear a caution as you'll see, then he committed two challenges equally worthy of a card. Bearing in mind they've been used to Malaury Martin, The Greek Sauzee (Tziolis), Sam Nicholson, Djoum, and Don Cowie - none of whom can break the skin on a rice pudding. They'll appreciate any 'clogger' that leaves a foot in.

Play with width v Hearts and we'll win, their full backs are simply awful.

@hibs.net private member
    Really believe we'll absolutely destroy them. I'm going for 4-1 Hibs only giving them a goal because we like to give teams a fighting chance with the first goal.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Indeed these chances have to be converted and it needs to start on Saturday.
    This is a recurring theme, and has been the last few seasons, what is our problem with not taking chances?!

Testimonial Due
    Our created chances that we don't take is a problem, we seem to think the next one will go in so we don't make sure?

With the Yams its the same although on Saturday they could easily have scored 3 goals, Aberdeen's goalkeeper made some excellent saves, and all of them on target, which we seem to miss the target when we get our chances.

It could be quite an open game, but if we take the chances we create we should be OK!!!!

Testimonial Due
    I would imagine that's only for their home stadium and wouldn't apply to Murrayfield.

The pitch at Murrayfield is longer than Tynecastle and they didn't (actually couldn't) change that.
    I think the point is that they had to mark out the Tynecastle pitch dimensions onto Murrayfield's huge surface, which contributes to it all looking a bit weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    This is a recurring theme, and has been the last few seasons, what is our problem with not taking chances?!
    What about If we remove the goalposts?

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post

That is the position in England and clubs are not allowed to change dimensions mid season without prior permission. Seems to be allowed in Scotland, though.

Seem to remember that Alloa narrowed the pitch last year when The Ringers visited.

Quote Originally Posted by Ómaigh-Hib View Post
    That is the position in England and clubs are not allowed to change dimensions mid season without prior permission. Seems to be allowed in Scotland, though.

Seem to remember that Alloa narrowed the pitch last year when The Ringers visited.
    Think they had to leave it like that for the rest of their games. Think killie did it too.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    I think the point is that they had to mark out the Tynecastle pitch dimensions onto Murrayfield's huge surface, which contributes to it all looking a bit weird.
    They choose to change the width, the length was determined by the goalpost holes.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    They choose to change the width, the length was determined by the goalpost holes.
    Bu rugby goals aren't the same width as football goals?