hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Reminds me of a time when a similarly names but now defunct club were told to bolt by both Alex Ferguson and Jim McLean. I think they turned to Jungle Jock Wallace back then

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at Aberdeen forums, they are not happy with him for not killing it sooner. Huns are in turmoil. Great outcome for us.
    Wow how ungrateful can you get.

Rangers Media is comedy gold. They now didn't want him anyway and will do better apparently 😂 who will that be then?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I've got a lot of respect for McInnes for this.

He's dodged a couple of bullets in Sunderland and Sevco, possibly the two worst run clubs in the UK.

It would be easy to be seduced by the promise of funds, big crowds, big stadia but the reality is that they are both impossible fanbases to satisfy with the resources he'd be provided with.

A lot of people have left clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen prematurely and paid a price for that.

He won't be at Aberdeen for long, he'll leave when the first good offer comes along.

But it's good to see someone who is prepared to wait for a good offer.

(As I speak, Michael Stewart talking a lot of sense on radio Scotland).
    Even those 2 must be behind Blackpool in that respect

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Wow how ungrateful can you get.
    To be fair I think he has a right to hear what they are offering

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Love it!

Left by mutual consent!

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I've got a lot of respect for McInnes for this.

He's dodged a couple of bullets in Sunderland and Sevco, possibly the two worst run clubs in the UK.
    ).
    He’s saving himself for the Blackpool job

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Good for us in two ways, still no rangers manager but McInnes will have lost a lot of good will from the Aberdeen fans which won't help them

Dons fans are daft if they give McInnes grief for this.

But I'm sure some of them have said some things they now regret but can't undo.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    When the Sevco board were asked if it was a case of the grass not being greener, they said "You're right, Lee Wallace always wears blue"
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 07-12-2017 at 06:54 PM.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    This is turning into comedy gold

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    To be fair I think he has a right to hear what they are offering
    The answer was resign, we will pay your £800k that it’s costs for breaching contract and we will pay you the £800k to cover it.....................when we have it we will sign it over you you Derek.........Derek....... you still there.......cmon Derek.......... we ur the peeple mind!!!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Gjp.
    The chairman has already ruled him out when he said all the available managers not in employment weren’t good enough.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Rangers Media is comedy gold. They now didn't want him anyway and will do better apparently 😂 who will that be then?
    Tbf (and I’m not normally fair to those horrible *******s) the few Huns I know genuinely didn’t want him. I think they felt he would make a better fist of competing for second but would never have them challenging Celtic.

Most of us know that won’t happen for years anyway but that’s where their ambitions lie.

Who is favourite now? Big Eck?

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Tbf (and I’m not normally fair to those horrible *******s) the few Huns I know genuinely didn’t want him. I think they felt he would make a better fist of competing for second but would never have them challenging Celtic.

Most of us know that won’t happen for years anyway but that’s where their ambitions lie.

Who is favourite now? Big Eck?
    I got a bet on murty so fingers crossed it’s him.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    It'll be interesting to hear (if we do) from him what he saw in the future of Aberdeen FC that he didn't see in The Rangers.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    It'll be interesting to hear (if we do) from him what he saw in the future of Aberdeen FC that he didn't see in The Rangers.
    Both teams can only realistically challenge for second in years to come. At one club that'll get you sacked.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Can picture the scene in Traynor's house tonight at a hastily arranged meeting of all the 'Heads of Football-Media in Scotland' -

'Before I 'leak' the name of our 2nd-choice to you, it's the same rules as last time - at no time do you mention this info coming from me or Rangers - we must have complete and total deniability or we won't unsettle the rival and his club - worse still we might even have to pay the going-rate - in full - as against getting a manager who's completely ruined his relationship with his curent chairman/club and it's fans - on the cheap !!'

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Aye and yer deid an aw!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    He will resign, they will still have to pay compo is my understanding. I did post he wouldn't be huns manager this week and this is not unexpected. Sheep say no, look like they have done all they can to keep him Mcinnes will resign as he's agreed to become the manager and that's that.

so he hadnt really agreed to become manager then?

Blog Entries
    There’s a thread on FF, started this morning, about Kris Boyd’s article in today’s Sun. He talks about Aberdeen having only themselves to blame for losing McInnes ‘who will very soon and definitely be joining Rangers’. The muppets, who generally hold Boyd in low esteem, changed their tune because they liked what he was saying. Cue tonight’s news that McInnes was staying at Aberdeen and Boyd has suddenly morphed back into a tosser in their eyes. Boyd’s pontifications, such as McGinn leaving us, really expose him as a blether with no credibility, whatsoever.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    He’ll have his eye on a decent job in England rather than being convinced he’s got a great future with eberdeen IMO.

Fair play to him for not jumping ship at the first (or second) opportunity, although I still suspect Stewart Milne will see him alright for his loyalty, as he probably should tbf.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Here's an idea to create a hu*****us meltdown over there.

Can someone with access to RM please put a post on there that the rumour now is that they are looking to poach,,,,

Neil Lennon

Promising Youngster
    They will probably keep Murty until the end of their season which should be about mid February.....

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gordonced18 View Post
    They will probably keep Murty until the end of their season which should be about mid February.....

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk
    If they approach someone else right away, the guy will know he isn't first choice. Let's hope the truth comes out about the reasons McInnes turned them down. Was it a compensation problem; lack of transfer funds; something else? When he missed Aberdeen training, it looked a done deal, so what's happened?

I hope it's big Eck, just to see the Huns' reaction.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I think McInnes is being very savvy about this. He's a hero at Aberdeen and can't really do any wrong there. He's already had his hands burned at Bristol City so seems to be chosing his options very carefully. I've no doubt he'll be on a very good salary at Pittodrie with the investors money floating about so why give all that up to join a shambles of a club where 2nd will eventually get you sacked?. I certainly wouldn't.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Can picture the scene in Traynor's house tonight at a hastily arranged meeting of all the 'Heads of Football-Media in Scotland' -

'Before I 'leak' the name of our 2nd-choice to you, it's the same rules as last time - at no time do you mention this info coming from me or Rangers - we must have complete and total deniability or we won't unsettle the rival and his club - worse still we might even have to pay the going-rate - in full - as against getting a manager who's completely ruined his relationship with his curent chairman/club and it's fans - on the cheap !!'
    Jim Traynor - 'And if the second choice falls through we'll hire Cathro and sell the plebs the line he's really a misunderstood messiah, now GET OUT before I sack the lot of you!'

Left by mutual consent!
    If they don't have anyone in place by next week then all the better for Hibs.

Murty has had two great wins but lets not forget he's lost to Dundee and Hamilton. All to play for.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    If they don't have anyone in place by next week then all the better for Hibs.

Murty has had two great wins but lets not forget he's lost to Dundee and Hamilton. All to play for.

Aberdeen and Rangers each with other distractions can only be good for us.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875