hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 981 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 48188193197197998098198298399110311081 ... LastLast
Results 29,401 to 29,430 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MKHIBEE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When they are found guilty of these charges surely a long prison sentence awaits them?
    Hope they get consecutive jail sentences .
    Am I missing something here?? Guys that have shafted Der Hun should go to jail??

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Am I missing something here?? Guys that have shafted Der Hun should go to jail??
    I'm perfectly comfortable with wanting these crooks sent to jail and wanting the new Rangers to go bust as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    It's the creditors that they are alleged to have shafted

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

Doubt that detail will save them if they wind up in the other big hoose

Left by mutual consent!
    Agreed - anyone who's done damage to the Hun deserves nothing but thanks !!

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar

Cheers

Big Mike really does not like Dave. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Big Mike really does not like Dave. :-)

Lol.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    From some guy on Facebook.

"Skybet temporarily suspended all bets on Hibs winning the league earlier due to irregular betting patterns! I noticed this myself, and they have now limited it to max stake of £93.75. Very strange? My thinking is maybe The Rangers could be hit with a points deduction for Admin2, rumoured to be incoming.Wishful thinking? Any thoughts?"

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

"Skybet temporarily suspended all bets on Hibs winning the league earlier due to irregular betting patterns! I noticed this myself, and they have now limited it to max stake of £93.75. Very strange? My thinking is maybe The Rangers could be hit with a points deduction for Admin2, rumoured to be incoming.Wishful thinking? Any thoughts?"

Hope you are right

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

I know nothing but I really hope you are right.

There was a guy on here earlier that had his skybet account shut when he backed hibs for the league

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Have the odds been changed ?

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Sky bet
    image.jpg

Paddypower
    image.jpg

Quite a difference in odds there for Hibs

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    that would be hilarious - but I doubt it

They are going to run out of money before the end of the season. Whether they can source finance is the big question.

They are going to run out of money before the end of the season. Whether they can source finance is the big question.

End of the season ?

They needed additional funding by November last season, might be December this season.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    End of the season ?

They needed additional funding by November last season, might be December this season.
    Yes, and the 3 bears appear to have departed the scene, all the assets are already secured by MA except Ibrox, whose ownership is disputed. Tough conditions for borrowing money.

End of the season ?

What are you basing that on? While we don't know how this season's wages compare with last, and we don't know how much of their other commercial income is being diverted to SD to service Ashley's loan, I'd have thought that the increased crowds this season will reduce their annual loss, whcih the interim accounts up to 31/12/14 suggested was running at around £8m pa. Based on that my guess is that it will be more like March before they run out of cash. Possibly I'm just being pessimistic

Mind you, if any of the loans suddenly get called in things could change very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    What are you basing that on? While we don't know how this season's wages compare with last, and we don't know how much of their other commercial income is being diverted to SD to service Ashley's loan, I'd have thought that the increased crowds this season will reduce their annual loss, whcih the interim accounts up to 31/12/14 suggested was running at around £8m pa. Based on that my guess is that it will be more like March before they run out of cash. Possibly I'm just being pessimistic

Mind you, if any of the loans suddenly get called in things could change very quickly.
    All of their merchandising money goes to Ashley until the loan is paid back. All pitch side and stadium advertising goes to Ashley. Their only source of income is ticket sales.

The he way I looked at it was, last year they started with £ 4.5 million in the bank , all be it £ 3 million was rangers retail. They got £ 0.5 million for their stadium rent for the games in July, £ 3.1 million for a share allotment in August/September, they drew down £ 2 million of theAshley loan in October with a further £ 1 million at the beginning of November .

now season ticket sale may be up on last year but there are none of the other incomes I've listed so I reckon cash will run out unless somebody puts their hand in a very deep pocket.

The he way I looked at it was, last year they started with £ 4.5 million in the bank , all be it £ 3 million was rangers retail. They got £ 0.5 million for their stadium rent for the games in July, £ 3.1 million for a share allotment in August/September, they drew down £ 2 million of theAshley loan in October with a further £ 1 million at the beginning of November .

now season ticket sale may be up on last year but there are none of the other incomes I've listed so I reckon cash will run out unless somebody puts their hand in a very deep pocket.
    Thanks. I follow your reasoning. I was simply thinking that the increased gate money (over the season it won't matter whether it's season tickets or patg) would reduce the losses so allow them to continue longer without a cash injection than last season. On that basis King's claim that they can operate for six months before needing cash to complete the season seemed vaguely plausible. Let's hope your're right and the crisis is imminent.

Thanks. I follow your reasoning. I was simply thinking that the increased gate money (over the season it won't matter whether it's season tickets or patg) would reduce the losses so allow them to continue longer without a cash injection than last season. On that basis King's claim that they can operate for six months before needing cash to complete the season seemed vaguely plausible. Let's hope your're right and the crisis is imminent.
    It will matter, in that the ST's are up front. No idea what they were last year, but this season's seem to be pretty healthy.That has to give them breathing-space.

The wage bill is also much less than last year's, which will help. As will the reduced squad numbers, and the removal of McCoist. (tried my best to use "slimmed-down", but it won't work in the same sentence as AM...)

It will matter, in that the ST's are up front. No idea what they were last year, but this season's seem to be pretty healthy.That has to give them breathing-space.

The wage bill is also much less than last year's, which will help. As will the reduced squad numbers, and the removal of McCoist. (tried my best to use "slimmed-down", but it won't work in the same sentence as AM...)
    Wonder how many season tickets were used up paying off Swally?

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Wonder how many season tickets were used up paying off Swally?
    3 or 4 months at £80k - 90k a month, depending on who you believe.
    Space to let

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode...ode-1-06_58958

Interesting podcast for anyone interested in the financial goings on at Ibrox with our old friend David Low.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode...ode-1-06_58958

Interesting podcast for anyone interested in the financial goings on at Ibrox with our old friend David Low.

Listened to the first 15 minutes, and had to switch off.

The guy has little understanding of insolvency law. And he's banging on about security when there is none.

So glad he didn't get involved with us.

Listened to the first 15 minutes, and had to switch off.

The guy has little understanding of insolvency law. And he's banging on about security when there is none.

So glad he didn't get involved with us.

Insolvency law seems to change with each individual case anyway.
    The Yams got to pick and choose who voted on their CVA despite insolvency law indicating connected companies could not vote. With these sorts of shenanigans going on and what has already occurred with the liquidation of the original Rangers it appears to me that insolvency law in this country is a mess. With this in mind, his opinion is no more or less valid than anyone else. The experts on insolvency law in this country have not covered themselves in glory so far.
    I am glad he's not involved in Hibs though.

Insolvency law seems to change with each individual case anyway.
    The Yams got to pick and choose who voted on their CVA despite insolvency law indicating connected companies could not vote. With these sorts of shenanigans going on and what has already occurred with the liquidation of the original Rangers it appears to me that insolvency law in this country is a mess. With this in mind, his opinion is no more or less valid than anyone else. The experts on insolvency law in this country have not covered themselves in glory so far.
    I am glad he's not involved in Hibs though.

Exhibit A. He talks about Preferred Creditors. There are none in Rangers case.

Exhibit B. He talks about Worthingtons being Preferred Creditors. They're not. They can't be.

Exhibit C. He talks about Worthingtons having security. There can't be security without a debt. That whole question was settled a long time ago.

Exhibit D. He talks about the Oldco being an attractive investment, because they might win the Big Tax Case. Even if they do, there are still tens of millions in unpaid debt

Exhibit E. He talks about the assets being transferred back to Oldco, as if it's an easy process. They're already (at least) 2 companies away. Good luck with that.

That's better. I prefer to know why rather than just be told someone is talking *****.
    One thing I think is correct is that this will take a lot of time in the courts to sort out and that the new Rangers will struggle to borrow until it's all sorted.