hibs.net Messageboard

Page 583 of 584 FirstFirst ... 83483533573581582583584 LastLast
Results 17,461 to 17,490 of 17517
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are not alone fellow netter.

There's an increasing number of us long-in-the-tooth posters getting pretty fed up with people continually talking the club down at every opportunity. It's like a propaganda machine run by about a dozen posters who regularly back each other up. They never appear on happy threads or ones slagging the Pink Mob. Their latest claim is that fans will start to boycott matches which is in stark contradiction to solid ST numbers at home and great away supports.

I don't mind hearing the valid views of a few bedwetters, it's just the frequency and repetitive attacks on all things Hibs that's spoling the fun of this great forum.

So @Jones28 - please, keep bothering!!
    I keep being told that no Hibs 'supporter' wants bad things to happen to the club so they can moan more. Still not convinced that is actually the case, but regardless, it's beyond doubt that some people are just much happier being negative and putting the club down than they are offering positive support. It's bizarre, as is their frequent claim that it's the one's who want to offer a positive outlook that are holding the club back because they take advantage of their blind loyalty.

If supporting Hibs made me as constantly miserable as it seems to do to some I wouldn't bother. There will always be frustration supporting a club in a country where 2 teams are utterly dominant and have far bigger resources.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Really no clue what you are on about - he can't rip up a contract so what's he going to do if he ups and leaves?
    The deal wasn't done - if it turned out after going all the way up to Edinburgh and hibs ended up mucking about for the sake of a few instalments etc I'd expect the player in question to say f this and head back down the road

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    You are not alone fellow netter.

There's an increasing number of us long-in-the-tooth posters getting pretty fed up with people continually talking the club down at every opportunity. It's like a propaganda machine run by about a dozen posters who regularly back each other up. They never appear on happy threads or ones slagging the Pink Mob. Their latest claim is that fans will start to boycott matches which is in stark contradiction to solid ST numbers at home and great away supports.

I don't mind hearing the valid views of a few bedwetters, it's just the frequency and repetitive attacks on all things Hibs that's spoling the fun of this great forum.

So @Jones28 - please, keep bothering!!

Why not block them then if you find it so irritating? If we all agree with each other this place is going to become completely pointless. There are plenty of people on the happy clapper side 'who regularly back each other up', that's what happens when groups of people agree with each other. It's just life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    We can only go by the press articles that reported the deal throughout yesterday.

It's just my assumption, but it seems Hibs tried to re-negotiate the terms of the deal which either meant us paying less or payments broken down in more instalments.

Swindon told us to GTF and pulled out. Hibs then went back and agreed the original terms, but due to us messing them about Swindon took the huff, agreed the deal but delayed it, so McKirdy could not be registered in time.

Again, only my assumption.
    so straight away your assumption is Hibs are the wrong doers in this,take it you believe the pet Swindon journalist,s account of things then and wont consider that fault could be Swindon,s?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    I keep being told that no Hibs 'supporter' wants bad things to happen to the club so they can moan more. Still not convinced that is actually the case, but regardless, it's beyond doubt that some people are just much happier being negative and putting the club down than they are offering positive support. It's bizarre, as is their frequent claim that it's the one's who want to offer a positive outlook that are holding the club back because they take advantage of their blind loyalty.

If supporting Hibs made me as constantly miserable as it seems to do to some I wouldn't bother. There will always be frustration supporting a club in a country where 2 teams are utterly dominant and have far bigger resources.

Does it come down to the whole thing of people reacting more to bad news that they do with good ? People love pissing and moaning. The meltdown last night and at various point this year has been mental

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    The deal wasn't done - if it turned out after going all the way up to Edinburgh and hibs ended up mucking about for the sake of a few instalments etc I'd expect the player in question to say f this and head back down the road

The deal was done, he had his photo shoot signing the contract - it wasn't registered in time by Swindon (going by the reports yesterday). Same thing happened last season iirc but it was the fault of Leicester City (the signing club) and the player had to sit out until the next window. You seem to be trying very hard to find fault with Hibs for whatever reason.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post

I agree. but for the sake of some harmony...come on people ! we know who we have in the squad now and who we don't. We have made some amazingly positive signings like Boyle and Marshall and Cabraja, that I think everyone agrees are great business. Let's get behind the team and the manager and start seeing the positives..trust me, positive energy makes a huge difference to a club. If the players and the club feel they are always under attack and one bad pass away from being booed and abused on social media, it will affect them. So let's give our mental health and their mental health a boost and start being positive wherever possible

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Does it come down to the whole thing of people reacting more to bad news that they do with good ? People love pissing and moaning. The meltdown last night and at various point this year has been mental
    Wouldn't be so bad if it was actually factual bad news... people just making stuff up in their own heads to hammer the club a lot of the time.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He's only an injury or red card away from pretty much needing to play

I think we will want to line up with Porto and Hanlon for the next 8 weeks or so but chances are 1 will be out at sompoint

I've never seen him play, maybe he will be a useful addition

As for hightower, I hope his u 21 caps go some way to making it quicker. Read a report saying hibs hope that's soon

"Hibs*require international clearance and work permit approval for Kukharevych but are hopeful of completing that sooner rather than later."

I suspect we'll not have either of our new strikers available tomorrow

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Yep, i think there's every chance Porto will find him annoying.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Really no clue what you are on about - he can't rip up a contract so what's he going to do if he ups and leaves?
    The contract wouldn't have been signed if Hibs were pissing about with the fee.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    The deal was done, he had his photo shoot signing the contract - it wasn't registered in time by Swindon (going by the reports yesterday). Same thing happened last season iirc but it was the fault of Leicester City (the signing club) and the player had to sit out until the next window. You seem to be trying very hard to find fault with Hibs for whatever reason.
    You are away on another tangent here - or misunderstanding. Infact its the exact opposite of trying to find fault with Hibs

Im saying if hibs were the team driving the change to the initial verbally agreed deal (the one that caused McKirdy to travel up for medical etc) - I wouldn't expect the player to hang around all day while the team that apparently want him have went back on what they agreed the night before

That makes me think the changes to the initially verbally agreed deal came from the Swindon end - hence why Mckirdy sat it out all day in Edinburgh

Thats separate from the document issue we are waiting for FIFA on

@hibs.net private member Wee Scottie Dug's Avatar
    You are away on another tangent here - or misunderstanding. Infact its the exact opposite of trying to find fault with Hibs

Im saying if hibs were the team driving the change to the initial verbally agreed deal (the one that caused McKirdy to travel up for medical etc) - I wouldn't expect the player to hang around all day while the team that apparently want him have went back on what they agreed the night before

That makes me think the changes to the initially verbally agreed deal came from the Swindon end - hence why Mckirdy sat it out all day in Edinburgh

Must be the double time difference- I understood what you meant

He's doing the exact opposite of finding fault with Hibs.

Its suits the narrative of some to place all the woes of the world on Hibs shoulders because it suits their greetin' face agenda where the take it out on Hibs on-line instead of kicking their cat or beating their wives as they wpuld have done pre-internet.

In this instance the facts don't suit their agenda so as usual the fall back on alternative actuality based on one post by a weblogger who was played by Swindon.

1. Swindon accepted the deal verbally
    2. The player was allowed to travel for medical and signing
    3. Swindon encountered a delay in getting their replacement, Luke Jefcott, over the line as his deal took until 10:35 to complete. They were hanging on in case that fell through and they still needed McKirdy.
    4. Swindon also had to shell out more than expected for the guy they signed from Spurs and were financially stretched as the also had signed a Plan B if Jefcott fell through and McKirdy gave them the finger.
    5. Swindon didn't want to lose McKirdy in the first place but as he was entering final year of his contract the asset value would plummet after this window.
    6. Swindon have form dicking people about...and the delaying tactic including late submission of paperwork is no surprise.

Well done to the Hibernian negociators who held their nerve, signed an alternative, Ukrainian, target and forced Swindon's arm at the last minute to get the deal over the line.
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 02-09-2022 at 12:59 PM.

Fair enough - seems I was misunderstanding the point you were making Got it now.....

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Its suits the narrative of some to place all the woes of the world on Hibs shoulders because it suits their greetin' face agenda where the take it out on Hibs on-line instead of kicking their cat or beating their wives as they wpuld have done pre-internet.

In this instance the facts don't suit their agenda so as usual the fall back on alternative actuality based on one post by a weblogger who was played by Swindon.

3. Swindon encountered a delay in getting their replacement, Luke Jefcott, over the line as his deal took until 10:35 to complete. They were hanging on in case that fell through and they still needed McKirdy.
    4. Swindon also had to shell out more than expected for the guy they signed from Spurs and were financially stretched as the also had signed a Plan B if Jefcott fell through and McKirdy gave them the finger.
    5. Swindon didn't want to lose McKirdy in the first place but as he was entering final year of his contract the asset value would plummet after this window.
    6. Swindon have form dicking people about...and the delaying tactic including late submission of paperwork is no surprise.

Well done to the Hibernian negociators who held their nerve, signed an alternative, Ukrainian, target and forced Swindon's arm at the last minute to get the deal over the line.
    Hardly held our nerve if we signed another striker that we may not need..

Testimonial Due
    I have not posted in ages but try to read everything Hibs and keep watching the games on Hibs TV from home in Italy. Like any Hibs fan , i want us to win and play good football but in all my years as a supporter that is and never was a constant. If you understand that our best chance is top 6 and maybe a cup run then your expectations are managed and if any time you are not happy , it is only for a couple of hours then you move on.

The rubbish on here is pretty much over the top at times and if you did not know the history of Hibs you would think that we were a top team , with a huge turnover and fan base to give us the cash needed to compete at the top.
    I admire Ron as he is one who puts his money on the line and deserves respect for that. If his son is in recruitment , so be it but as communicated many times , the boy is part of a team and does not have the last say.
    Recruiting in football is really a hit or a miss. You can pay millions for a dud or a great player who just does not perform or you can take the scatter gun approach and spend your limited budget on hopefuls which is what Hibs does more than not ! Call it hedging your bets and if i get one right out of 5 , I can make quick money to improve the player pool or make the business more viable. Celtic and latterly Rangers are now in a different league in that respect and at Hibs , I believe the goal is to consistently be top 6 and get into europe so the club profile is increased and we can sell more players on from 3 million and up.

Eveyone of course has an opinion and that is fine but i keep hearing spouted " my club " Yes my club as a supporter but thats it and Ron can say he will spend it as he and his management think best to either cash the chips in or hold.

So far the football has been poor but with a new team of unknowns will need time to become a unit so we are going to be up and down this year. Off course if you are not happy you can vote with your feet ! I was thinking of stopping my season ticket with Hibs TV but I will stay with them because it is my team and tbh , I have seen it all before and worse. off course we are all going to have different opinions but as a few are saying be good to the team you love because if the current lot don't turn it around there will be others ready to give it a go.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Well done to you for extending the hyperbolic hysteria agenda to include domestic and animal abuse. Last night on the PM board we had someone trying to slip in a bit of suggestion of xenophobia into the discussion.

Hibs supporters.....endlessly creative in their attempts to stifle a discouraging word

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Well done to you for extending the hyperbolic hysteria agenda to include domestic and animal abuse. Last night on the PM board we had someone trying to slip in a bit of suggestion of xenophobia into the discussion.

Hibs supporters.....endlessly creative in their attempts to stifle a discouraging word

If you criticise the club then you’re the virtual version of a wife beater.

Belter.

There’s a post elsewhere suggesting a dozen critical posters on Hibs.net are going to derail the season for the club. And to think it’s folk that are negative who are being called mental.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 02-09-2022 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    ...at 6'4" I think he's what we've been missing. Well spotted Ian Gordon.
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 02-09-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Eh? In what way did we not need a proper no9?

First Team Breakthrough huggie1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: huggieedin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    We can only go by the press articles that reported the deal throughout yesterday.

It's just my assumption, but it seems Hibs tried to re-negotiate the terms of the deal which either meant us paying less or payments broken down in more instalments.

Swindon told us to GTF and pulled out. Hibs then went back and agreed the original terms, but due to us messing them about Swindon took the huff, agreed the deal but delayed it, so McKirdy could not be registered in time.

Again, only my assumption.

so you’re assuming that Swindon decided to leave it late meaning they’d be stuck paying a guy they don’t want or release him for nothing 🤔 I’d assume there’s absolutely no chance of anyone doing that

@hibs.net private member
    Just circling back to McKirdy's suspension. Not sure if it's been confirmed yet but I've read this afternoon that Peterborough's Nathan Thompson will serve his one match suspension tomorrow, which means the EFL Trophy match in medweek did NOT count towards his suspension. Assuming that's correct, Harry will have two games outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post

If you criticise the club then you’re the virtual version of a wife beater.

Belter.

There’s a post elsewhere suggesting a dozen critical posters on Hibs.net are going to derail the season for the club. And to think it’s folk that are negative who are being called mental.
    Those I intended to take exception to the description have risen to the bait and taken exception to the description no doubt something to do with familiarity with the closeness of the description and being afronted that they may be associate with it in the eyes of others😉
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 02-09-2022 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posh Swanny View Post
    Just circling back to McKirdy's suspension. Not sure if it's been confirmed yet but I've read this afternoon that Peterborough's Nathan Thompson will serve his one match suspension tomorrow, which means the EFL Trophy match in medweek did NOT count towards his suspension. Assuming that's correct, Harry will have two games outstanding.
    Mckirdy wasn't handed a suspension for being sent off , it was a further suspension for his antics in the refs changing room. Probably a blanket suspension and not for any one particular competition

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

Unfortunately the creativity isn't working! For myself discouraging words are fine, it's the constant and often wrongful criticism which grates.

@hibs.net private member
    Those I intended to take exception to the description have risen to the bait and taken exception to the description no doubt something to do with familiarity with the cliseness of the description and being afronted that they me be associate with it in the eyes of others😉
    So you’re just trolling/baiting? Sure that’s against the forum rules.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Mckirdy wasn't handed a suspension for being sent off , it was a further suspension for his antics in the refs changing room. Probably a blanket suspension and not for any one particular competition
    Ah yes, of course. Though based on our handling of the Rocky situation it might be an idea to hold him back till November anyway, just in case.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    And adding another variable..if his registration with Hibs is held up due to FIFA I assume he’s technically still a Swindon player so will serve another game of his suspension tomorrow if his clearance hasn’t came through by that point?