hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ismisebigo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do not normally post on forms such as this ,but sometimes its very hard to keep quite when you see some of the things that are posted by so called fans. The original poster and other's get an obvious delight and satisfaction posting any little bit of information that may or may not be true. I still say that what was reported here and in some newspapers was untrue and a gross exaggeration of the facts.

1. This very small incident happened last Tuesday night as the players were resting on Wednesday
    2. They never left the Hotel
    3. They have a few beers in the hotel bar in the company of the coaching staff
    4. They did not stay late in the bar, they moved to the lobby where they played pool

There was also more then three players involved
    Not one player was drunk or caused any type of scene
    Now a question for anyone who cares to answer
    What time did they go to bed? bearing in mind they were resting all the next Day?

As I said its absolute nonsense, All is achieves is put the players in a difficult situation not to mention there relationship with the fans, Who have every right to expect professionalism at all time from the players , but a few beers and a couple of games of pool in the hotel?? its just laughable

Well done to the posters who exposed this massive scandal that could have shaken the club to its core. and thank you as ( supporters ?) for providing for the world and his wife with so much miss information.
    And you know all the details how ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    I do not normally post on forms such as this ,but sometimes its very hard to keep quite when you see some of the things that are posted by so called fans. The original poster and other's get an obvious delight and satisfaction posting any little bit of information that may or may not be true. I still say that what was reported here and in some newspapers was untrue and a gross exaggeration of the facts.

1. This very small incident happened last Tuesday night as the players were resting on Wednesday
    4. They did not stay late in the bar, they moved to the lobby where they played pool

What time did they go to bed? bearing in mind they were resting all the next Day?

As I said its absolute nonsense, All is achieves is put the players in a difficult situation not to mention there relationship with the fans, Who have every right to expect professionalism at all time from the players , but a few beers and a couple of games of pool in the hotel?? its just laughable

Well done to the posters who exposed this massive scandal that could have shaken the club to its core. and thank you as ( supporters ?) for providing for the world and his wife with so much miss information.
    You work at the hotel they were staying,then?

@hibs.net private member

Surely it depends on what they were told by the coaching staff? If they were told to be back in their room by 10 but didn’t go until 11 then that’s still breaking the rules, however insignificant it may sound.

If there were more players involved why is it just the 3 that have been named?

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    And you know all the details how ?
    We've already had one poster with inside info being called out and proven to be right, it's very possible this poster has contacts with the club or with the players. Let's not all go jumping on his back now.

Incident was described by the club as a small breach of discipline (or similar) so the above doesn't seem unfeasible.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    We've already had one poster with inside info being called out and proven to be right, it's very possible this poster has contacts with the club or with the players. Let's not all go jumping on his back now.

Incident was described by the club as a small breach of discipline (or similar) so the above doesn't seem unfeasible.
    Rules are rules they're three grown men no wee school laddies.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Rules are rules they're three grown men no wee school laddies.
    An example had to be set in front of the new boy!

In most cases you would be right if you take the incident in isolation .... but as I said in one of my other posts, its not the incident itself but the identity of the players involved and the timing. Of the three only Boyle can claim to have lived up to his potential this season, the other two have not, in Swanson's case not through indiscipline but through injury and a situation where the club have by all accounts been very supportive of him, in view of which at the forefront of his mind should have been a desire to repay that support, not disrespect his manager and the club.
    Stokes is a serial offender who Lennon showed faith in by bringing him back to the club. So far he has had that faith repaid by a string of mediocre performances, a lacklustre attitude to training if stories of him being continually late are accurate and an incident deemed so severe Lennon felt compelled to drop from the squad entirely a player he had described as "undroppable"

Folk keep saying, never mind just so long as they bring it against the Yams this weekend.

So far Stokes hasn't 'brought it' against any of the clubs in the top 4 of our rivals in 8 attempts and Swanson has barely kicked a ball in anger this season. If either one of them manages a goal or a match influencing performance at the PBS on Sunday I'll be happily surprised if their efforts up to this point are anything to go by.

We have a chance this Sunday to make a huge dent in the history of the Edinburgh derby ... Doing that lot twice in a row in the cup after being drawn away both times is already notable, doing it three times in a row would be absolutely epic and something we can ram down their throats for years.

We don't need distractions off the field getting in the way of that, in view of which the reaction of fans to this is far from OTT or laughable.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 16-01-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    In most cases you would be right if you take the incident in isolation .... but as I said in one of my other posts, its not the incident itself but the identity of the players involved and the timing. Of the three only Boyle can claim to have lived up to his potential this season, the other two have not, in Swanson's case not through indiscipline but through injury and a situation where the club have by all accounts been very supportive of him, in view of which at the forefront of his mind should have been a desire to repay that support, not disrespect his manager and the club.
    Stokes is a serial offender who Lennon showed faith in by bringing him back to the club. So far he has had that faith repaid by a string of mediocre performances, a lacklustre attitude to training if stories of him being continually late are accurate and an incident deemed so severe Lennon felt compelled to drop from the squad entirely a player he had described as "undroppable"

Folk keep saying, never mind just so long as they bring it against the Yams this weekend.

So far Stokes hasn't 'brought it' against any of the clubs in the top 4 of our rivals in 8 attempts and Swanson has barely kicked a ball in anger this season. If either one of them manages a goal or a match influencing performance at the PBS on Sunday I'll be happily surprised if their efforts up to this point are anything to go by.

We have a chance this Sunday to make a huge dent in the history of the Edinburgh derby ... Doing that lot twice in a row in the cup after being drawn away both times is already notable, doing it three times in a row would be absolutely epic and something we can ram down their throats for years.

We don't need distractions off the field getting in the way of that, in view of which the reaction of fans to this is far from OTT or laughable.

To an extent Boyle has been given an easier ride for two reasons. 1) He has been a regular on the pitch this season and when he plays his attitude and commitment are first class. 2) His previous transgression, though one which would attract disapproval from any employer, happened in his own time not the clubs, it didn't disrupt the day to day workings of the team and didn't contradict a direct instruction from the manager.
    Boyle's 'previous transgression' was, by far, the most serious of them all. Stokes and Swanson weren't at risk of killing themselves or anyone else by having a pint or being late for training.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Dan Evans, Nick Kyrgios?
    Good examples of players who COULD have done more with a better attitude. As a young player, Evans had all the ability required to make a serious tilt at a top ranking. Not on a par with Andy Murray, but by the standards of most British tennis players he could have been a significant presence. He never took it seriously enough until it was too late to make the most of his talent and he's now effectively scuppered his career with a drugs ban. Kyrgios may yet make his mark in the game, but his on court attitude is too often awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Boyle's 'previous transgression' was, by far, the most serious of them all. Stokes and Swanson weren't at risk of killing themselves or anyone else by having a pint or being late for training.
    I'm not denying that for a second Beefster. But in the context of team stability and the manager being respected by the players, not to mention Boyle's ability to do his job on the pitch, it was a different thing.

I'm not totally absolving Boyle over the Portugal incident, he was at fault as well and like all of the players needs to realise that club rules and instructions are there for a reason. But he has less to prove than Swanson or Stokes both of whom for various reasons have yet to bring the contribution to the team expected of them ... like any fan I will be far more inclined to shrug off an isolated incident if the player concerned is realising his potential on the park, Boyle is, but Swanson and Stokes so far haven't and in Stokes case this was far from an isolated incident.

First Team Breakthrough BarneyHibby's Avatar
    I absolutely love Stoksey. He is a fantastic player. i'm sure the second half of the season will be big for him. #StokseysOnFire

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    The Daily Record article said they didn't leave the hotel. So it's not like they were "out out".

They do though owe us a big performance on Sunday to avoid the finger of blame pointing in their direction.
    Is it possible the Record may have got it wrong.

Its an old saying and in this case is true, the anti Stokes brigade , of which seems to be a growing number will be delighted. Hope it all works for them
    I’ve never heard of that saying.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I’ve never heard of that saying.
    A pint in the hand is worth breaking curfew.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    A pint in the hand is worth breaking curfew.
    A bird in the hand and something about a bush.......

There are really good reasons why the 3 if them need.to get their heads sorted and start delivering on the pitch. Boyle.has.just been handed an extended contract and this is his professional response, he needs to get a grip of himself instead of thinking he is erchie ...change.in attitude stop acting ike a wee boy be.more.responsible get the training pitch and practise your finishing.
    Swanson the tragic events of a year or so ago are.terrible ....but time to move on and deliver on what.your paid to do ...fitness wise a fair bit of catch up on others.so having a few.or however many beers is.last thing needed ...needs.to get.his head together and prove.his worth to his dream to play for team. Stokes well no evidence but his self.confidence.and.attitude are his problem ...knows.he has.ability and.living.on flashes of quality these are becoming less frequent and the immature disrespectful way he acts on and off the park are.what is leading the numbers.of.fans getting fed.up with him ...have to say personally I think he adversely impacts on the overall team harmony and how.we play ..for me he is massively underperforming and along with offield needs to pick.or pack up for the.bettwr collective ...so mind performances on sunday just, doing.their jobs every week is a must , they are.due the fans and the club

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BarneyHibby View Post
    I absolutely love Stoksey. He is a fantastic player. i'm sure the second half of the season will be big for him. #StokseysOnFire

At least one goal on Sunday from our Stokesy would be very a nice starting point indeed.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    I do not think you got the point of my last post, What you wish for..... For those fans saying Anthony unperformed this season and want him gone, as his behavior is so bad ( love to see what their lives are like, all paid up members of the Sunday Church no doubt)
    Well they will not have to worry about him anymore.... ever.
    What's that meant to mean?

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    I do not think you got the point of my last post, What you wish for..... For those fans saying Anthony unperformed this season and want him gone, as his behavior is so bad ( love to see what their lives are like, all paid up members of the Sunday Church no doubt)
    Well they will not have to worry about him anymore.... ever..
    And, what's a NEED NEED?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Not everyone just a few people.

What does this mean? Is he leaving us?

So are you saying Stokes is going to leave or what? I absolutely love the guy, but he has been bother for his last few clubs now, so I would say it's pretty fair fans are concerned, especially knowing what he can do on a football pitch.

Are you his mum?

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post

At least one goal on Sunday from our Stokesy would be very a nice starting point indeed.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Stokes goal in derby win that would be a dream scenario for us. #GGTTH

Its an old saying and in this case is true, the anti Stokes brigade , of which seems to be a growing number will be delighted. Hope it all works for them
    There isn't an 'anti Stokes brigade' mate. There's an anti players who have proved they are capable of far better failing to deliver and not appearing to care about it brigade.

Look at the stick Lewis Stevenson gets on here whenever he puts a foot wrong on the park .... a consummate professional who by his own admission doesn't have the talent of half the guys he has played alongside at Hibs. A guy who most would agree would be at best a Championship level player if it wasn't for his brilliant attitude and ability to play at a highly motivated level every time he pulls a Hibs shirt on. And by the way a player who has far more right to claim Hibs legendary status than any player at the club.

Scottish Cup winner
    Scottish Cup runner up twice

League Cup winner
    League cup runner up

Championship winner.

Played in more Edinburgh derbies than any Hibs player in history.

Why then should a player with more ability than practically any player at Easter Road who by his own admission has failed to reach the level of performance he is capable of this season be free from criticism when a limited player like Stevenson is not? Especially when he is not only below par on the pitch but being an aggravation to his manager and the club off it?

Nobody, but nobody, wanted or wants to see Anthony Stokes fail at this club .... there were a few folk concerned about us re signing him, myself included, given his contribution on the park in his last spell which cup final aside was at best average and a full season at his previous club where he barely kicked a ball because the manager felt he couldn't trust him.

What you are seeing here isn't an agenda mate .... Its disappointment at his performances and annoyance that for all his talk in the papers to the contrary he doesn't seem to care, or if he does he is going about proving it in a totally bizarre manner.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 16-01-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Nobody wants stokes gone and to a man every single Hibee loves him. You're looking to argue when there's nothing there, Anthony

Left by mutual consent!
    There isn't an 'anti Stokes brigade' mate. There's an anti players who have proved they are capable of far better failing to deliver and not appearing to care about it brigade.

Look at the stick Lewis Stevenson gets on here whenever he puts a foot wrong on the park .... a consummate professional who by his own admission doesn't have the talent of half the guys he has played alongside at Hibs. A guy who most would agree would be at best a Championship level player if it wasn't for his brilliant attitude and ability to play at a highly motivated level every time he pulls a Hibs shirt on. And by the way a player who has far more right to claim Hibs legendary status than any player at the club.

Scottish Cup winner
    Scottish Cup runner up twice

League Cup winner
    League cup runner up

Championship winner.

Played in more Edinburgh derbies than any Hibs player in history.

Why then should a player with more ability than practically any player at Easter Road who by his own admission has failed to reach the level of performance he is capable of this season be free from criticism when a limited player like Stevenson is not? Especially when he is not only below par on the pitch but being an aggravation to his manager and the club off it?

Nobody, but nobody, wanted or wants to see Anthony Stokes fail at this club .... there were a few folk concerned about us re signing him, myself included, given his contribution on the park in his last spell which cup final aside was at best average and a full season at his previous club where he barely kicked a ball because the manager felt he couldn't trust him.

What you are seeing here isn't an agenda mate .... Its disappointment at his performances and annoyance that for all his talk in the papers to the contrary he doesn't seem to care, or if he does he is going about proving it in a totally bizarre manner.

Lewis Stevenson gets no stick. He could have an utter shocker and the min someone gives him less than 7/10 his whole supporters club come after you.

This scares me. Really hope he stays at Hibs for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Not everyone just a few people.
    This.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Lewis Stevenson gets no stick. He could have an utter shocker and the min someone gives him less than 7/10 his whole supporters club come after you.
    I’ve been liking your recent posts Fire...but this is nonsense - he remains an early target when things go wrong - sometimes fair, often unwarranted...

Anyway back to Stokes - is he staying ..