hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I reckon we will get them away from home in the first few games.

It will be carnage.

I for one can't wait.

Scramble for tickets for the away game you reckon?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Not for us away season ticket holders 😀

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Maybe - but a lot of people will avoid it because it's inevitably going to be pretty poisonous. Personally I can't wait to wind them up to the point where they lose the plot again.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Not for us away season ticket holders 😀

It's going to be bedlam. Can't wait.

First Team Breakthrough
    I live through in Glasgow and travel to our games via train, For this reason OF games are never much fun for me so I'm not particularly looking forward to having them in and around ER again! I used to go to all the games at Ibrox but thinking of leaving it this time, in the last game (December 2015) I got hit in the face with something and had a small cut, which led to a considerable shiner, underneath my right eye. I tried to complain to the stewards who said they'd been radioing up to report it & were being ignored, all the while the police stood not 10 feet from the idiots doing it! Nothing was done until an old steward got his head split open by a lighter. Don't know if I fancy that, or worse after 21/05/16, again which is a pity as I can count the number of away games I missed this season on 1 hand!

Wait until the last minute to decide their allocation ...... I don't know what the south is like inside coz I've only sat there a couple of times for Scotland games ... but if you get Hibs fans to approach the south turnstiles from the back of the east stand I'm pretty sure segregation outside the ground would be relatively straightforward. If the inside of the south can be divided like it can be in the east then I don't see any problem with giving Hibs fans half the south and limiting the uglies to as few tickets as possible.

Whatever happens the first meeting at ER is going to be tasty

As I understand it if we were to give Rangers reduced allocation so that we can also sit in a split south then we'd have to do the same for every team over the league season.

Only instances I can think we'd have a problem here would be Aberdeen as they would potentially take more than half a stand and I doubt we'd use the extra allocation. The other possible problem with it would be if we were struggling and the crowds dropped. That'd be a big backfire and red face.

More Hibbies in the ground to support the team but it would mean slightly reduced revenue in the derbies and Rantic games due to the lost tickets in separation.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    That first trip back to Greyskull is going to be absolute chaos - also looking forward to the SFA suddenly an miraculously becoming deaf to the inevitable 90 minutes of sectarian abuse directed at us and Lennon...

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    As I understand it if we were to give Rangers reduced allocation so that we can also sit in a split south then we'd have to do the same for every team over the league season.

Only instances I can think we'd have a problem here would be Aberdeen as they would potentially take more than half a stand and I doubt we'd use the extra allocation. The other possible problem with it would be if we were struggling and the crowds dropped. That'd be a big backfire and red face.

More Hibbies in the ground to support the team but it would mean slightly reduced revenue in the derbies and Rantic games due to the lost tickets in separation.
    I'm not sure that's right. Hearts are giving us the full Roseburn next season, but they're still undecided over what everyone else is getting. A jambo told me that so it could be pish

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Hearts potentially playing loads of games away from home at the start of the season will have no impact on our fixtures. Our fixtures will be like every other teams.
    Can't see that they'll simply give them away games and let us play alternate home and away. They'd run the risk of home games for both later in the season. And I'd be pretty pissed off if they start moving Hibs games to suit hertz.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Wait until the last minute to decide their allocation ...... I don't know what the south is like inside coz I've only sat there a couple of times for Scotland games ... but if you get Hibs fans to approach the south turnstiles from the back of the east stand I'm pretty sure segregation outside the ground would be relatively straightforward. If the inside of the south can be divided like it can be in the east then I don't see any problem with giving Hibs fans half the south and limiting the uglies to as few tickets as possible.

Whatever happens the first meeting at ER is going to be tasty
    Pretty sure there is a dividing door inside it. Was in the South when we played Aberdeen once and vaguely remember a partition in the corridor inside.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Can't see that they'll simply give them away games and let us play alternate home and away. They'd run the risk of home games for both later in the season. And I'd be pretty pissed off if they start moving Hibs games to suit hertz.
    Hearts will have to play their home games on Sunday or midweek. We won't be inconvenienced in any way by their stadium plans.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    If we can shift additional tickets to Hibs fans we should do so. **** Rangers, give them as small an allocation as possible and they can deal with being stuck in a wee corner surrounded by hostility for once.
    Can't say I've ever noticed much of a hostile atmosphere towards Hibs fans when we visit Ibrox. But every support has its odd bad apple, and you were perhaps just unlucky. Anybody else experienced any negativity there?

Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    Next season will see us hosting The Huns at ER for the first time since 21/05/2016.
    It's not a nice atmosphere at the best of times - but given their fans liking of busting up seating and toilets causing thousands of pounds damage these fixtures could be poisonous.
    Policing and Stewarding costs will likely be much higher than normal.
    Should the Board consider not offering away fans or reducing allocation of say 1k as we did previously?
    No. Whether we dislike or despise them, over the years, the Old Firm support has earned us valuable £s. We go on about "Hibs class", let them keep earning us money.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Aside from the challenges of segregating the South Stand, there is also the issue of approach to the aforementioned stand. Fans of both clubs would converge whilst trying to get in and out. I realise this happens to an extent with our main stand too. I have never been in the new main stand whilst we play the bigots, but I imagine the Polis will try to ensure fans remain on different sides of the street?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Happens at Tynecastle.
    The reason it works at Tynie is that entering & exiting the game home fans go in through Wheatfield away fans Mcleod St.
    At ER both sets enter at same end. That is your problem. Keep them in 20 mins after final whistle & give them a taste of their own medicine.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Rangers away is going to be insane
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    No way I'll be going to Ibrox for a couple seasons yet. Let all the cup final nonsense die down first.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    The reason it works at Tynie is that entering & exiting the game home fans go in through Wheatfield away fans Mcleod St.
    At ER both sets enter at same end. That is your problem. Keep them in 20 mins after final whistle & give them a taste of their own medicine.
    Hibs fans can come in via East Stand Rangers fans usual way in over the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Can't say I've ever noticed much of a hostile atmosphere towards Hibs fans when we visit Ibrox. But every support has its odd bad apple, and you were perhaps just unlucky. Anybody else experienced any negativity there?
    Nice try! You might hook a few with that one though.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    Maybe it was a cup game Celtic done it, not sure.

Point still stands. Sell them as much as possible and any damages the bill gets sent to them.
    Would we no be better selling as many as possible to our fans?

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post

We done it to them in the first year of the play-off's and then gave them the whole end the following season, hardly red face stuff.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    The first visit to Ibrox isn't going to be a picnic! The locals are crazier than ever.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Why are some folk wanting to give them the full allocation before seeing if some of the south can be used for Hibs fans? If we can sell tickets ourselves give them the absolute bare minimum required. Its a no brainer.
    Totally agree. Given the crowds thus season Hibs could pretty much sell out ER for them. Do what they do to us and give them 900

Don't think it is going to be any worse than usual. They are what they are and they are abusive to any teams that go ibrox, they're morons. All we have to do is turn up, beat them and watch them slink out early as usual.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Cannot wait.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post

Like a scene out of 28 Days later...

I can't wait for Hibs v The Rangers next season. The first game since the sweetest victory ever.

We won the Scottish cup with a last minute winner against The Stickys. I'm jumping about just thinking about it.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Would love Rangers first game of the season. What an atmosphere that would be and 3 points to get us up and running.