hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What in the world are the clubs meant to say FFS?

1) Well we talked to X but those talks went to s**t
    2) Then we talked to Y but we couldn't get an agreement with him either.....

That sort of thing?
    Or how about simply sticking to the truth? Is that really too much to expect?

Was Heckingbottom the main man? The outstanding candidate bar none? Our 1st choice of applicants?

If so , great, we got our man!

But in reality we are left in limbo.. social media filling the void.

It sucks!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post

Was Heckingbottom the main man? The outstanding candidate bar none? Our 1st choice of applicants?

But in reality we are left in limbo.. drama queens on social media filling the void.

It sucks!
    Fixed that for you.....

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I’m all for ‘giving the guy a chance .. of course... and I sincerely hope he becomes a legend.

My trouble is the complete lack of info coming out of my club (including my elected reps incidentally ) . We’ve lost Lenny and it now looks looks like we will settle for our second choice.but we don’t really know, do we? Coz of this ridiculous blackout
    You want the board to publicly say Heckingbottom is our second choice? Are you a sports psychologist by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Hibernian Statement

The board of directors are keenly aware of the strength of feeling from our supporters regarding the lack of information coming from the club in recent weeks.

The board are also aware that the supporters haven’t had the experience of running a Top flight professional football club and a small minority of them are proper bellends.

Shut up, pay your money and strap in. Got it morons?

Rod Petrie - Chairman and Overlord.
    Don't be fooled by the smiling eyes and the grampa moustache. He is mean.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

I don't know anything about Heckingbottom but I do know Hibs have processes in place to help identify head coaches so I'm fairly confident that the people making the appointment will know exactly what they're getting, contrary to some of the guff that gets spouted about them.

oops

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    I'm not sure what folk expect with a new manager appointment. When I first saw the list of names I'll be honest and say none of them really got me excited, but that was because I hadn't heard of most of them.

Then I thought about it and realised that I don't really have a clue who is out there that fits the bill for us. I follow Hibs closely but beyond Hibs I don't pay much attention to football - especially English football, so no matter who was being quoted I'd have thought "who?".

When Mowbray was announced I remember seeing the news report and thinking "FFS", then I heard him talk about how he wanted us to play, and he remains one of my favourite Hibs managers because we were brilliant at times under him.

Stubbs was another like that, I know for some reason he divides opinion on here, but I loved watching us under Stubbs the vast majority of the time, and again we were brilliant at times under him.

Collins had no win percentage to quote and no managerial experience but had us playing scintillating Football at times. Earlier today, my son stuck the 1-0 derby win in the CIS Cup under Collins on YouTube and we watched it together, then the 4-1 v Aberdeen and Hibs were outstanding in those matches.

I don't know anything about Heckingbottom but I do know Hibs have processes in place to help identify head coaches so I'm fairly confident that the people making the appointment will know exactly what they're getting, contrary to some of the guff that gets spouted about them.

So I'm optimistic about what's coming, I'll reserve judgement one way or the other until he's had time to make an impact, but I'll refrain from using phrases like "I'm underwhelmed" because basically I'm completely ignorant to the choices we had, and because I've never researched or known about Heckingbottom, I can't say if it's a great appointment or a terrible one yet.
    Matty, what have the Huns got to do with us choosing a new Head Coach?

It sucks!
    What did you do before social media?

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Hibernian Statement

The board of directors are keenly aware of the strength of feeling from our supporters regarding the lack of information coming from the club in recent weeks.

The board are also aware that the supporters haven’t had the experience of running a Top flight professional football club and a small minority of them are proper bellends.

Shut up, pay your money and strap in. Got it morons?

Rod Petrie - Chairman and Overlord.
    That would be the best statement ever. If I win the Euro millions I'm buying Hibs and hiring you as media chief.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    What did you do before social media?
    ... And your point is?

Would be lying if I said this appointment really excites me. But Dempster and Craig have done well with the last two they recruited so deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Glad we can move forward now. He couldn’t have picked his first two games any better. Great chance to get off to a positive start and that’s what he needs.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Where are the .net terrible puns?

Heckingbottom: by eck, he'd better not make an erse of it
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    20 hours to go!

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Would be lying if I said this appointment really excites me. But Dempster and Craig have done well with the last two they recruited so deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Glad we can move forward now. He couldn’t have picked his first two games any better. Great chance to get off to a positive start and that’s what he needs.

There was literally nobody that excited me amongst the names linked with the managers job. That unfortunately is the reality we face as a club of our size in the Scottish league when signing managers and most players. Its actually nigh on impossible to predict who will be good , bad , or indifferent.

Left by mutual consent!
    His runs of games without wins looks bad using stats but considering his job was to keep a tier three club in the second tier he was achieving that had having his best players sold all the time.

They where 7th in the first season back up to the champs then lost three big players and still stayed up.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    oops
    I don't know what you're on about
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Groathillgrump View Post
    Matty, what have the Huns got to do with us choosing a new Head Coach?
    Or you!

.. not to self: check posts for auto correct fails before posting.

Or you!

.. not to self: check posts for auto correct fails before posting.
    Note?

Ridiculous that folk expect the club to update them personally throughout the search. You'll know when everyone else knows.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    You want the board to publicly say Heckingbottom is our second choice? Are you a sports psychologist by any chance?
    I want to know if there’s any truth in numerous reports that our first choice of manager walked away coz of some last minute changes to the employment offer or, is that total BS?? and in actual fact , we got the mannager we wanted? Our first choice. That would be good to know and I don’t agree with you that you need to be a sports physiologist to know theses simple facts. Being a Hibs supporter is enough.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    Few other overlooked stats/info.

He left them in 21st not in the relegation zone.

In Dec 2017 there was a change of ownership at Barnsley.

2016/17 finished 14th but only 7pts off relegation, just shows how tough that league is for a "minnow".

Why would Leeds Utd appoint a manager with a poor record in Feb 18 when they were above them (10th)?

The stats may not look good on paper but there is obviously more behind that.

I would also take a pinch of salt with any Leeds or Barnsley fans advice they really don't like each other.
    The stats I quoted came from the Leeds Live news pages. One win in sixteen four points of the bottom club Burton is what's stated.

Blog Entries
    This ‘first choice’, ‘second choice’ mumbo jumbo is nonsense. When a short leet of candidates is drawn up, they’re not listed in some sort of order of merit. They are on the leet as equals and all capable of doing the job in question. If, during the interview, one candidate becomes unsuitable or makes unacceptable demands, he is removed from the process and you move on the next candidate. It would appear, if we can believe the gossip, that this happened with Appleton and there is no reason to assume that the eventual appointment will be an inferior choice. If Heckingbottom is successful, I hope he doesn’t start his job with the handicap of ‘second choice’ stigma round his neck.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I want to know if there’s any truth in numerous reports that our first choice of manager walked away coz of some last minute changes to the employment offer or, is that total BS?? and in actual fact , we got the mannager we wanted? Our first choice. That would be good to know and I don’t agree with you that you need to be a sports physiologist to know theses simple facts. Being a Hibs supporter is enough.
    I’m pretty sure he’ll be announced as the outstanding candidate and our first choice for the role whenever it’s made official by the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I’m pretty sure he’ll be announced as the outstanding candidate and our first choice for the role whenever it’s made official by the club.
    Yes, I hope so

I’ve not seen it suggested that there were any last minute changes. Just that he was asking for something we didn’t agree to.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This ‘first choice’, ‘second choice’ mumbo jumbo is nonsense. When a short leet of candidates is drawn up, they’re not listed in some sort of order of merit. They are on the leet as equals and all capable of doing the job in question. If, during the interview, one candidate becomes unsuitable or makes unacceptable demands, he is removed from the process and you move on the next candidate. It would appear, if we can believe the gossip, that this happened with Appleton and there is no reason to assume that the eventual appointment will be an inferior choice. If Heckingbottom is successful, I hope he doesn’t start his job with the handicap of ‘second choice’ stigma round his neck.
    Unfortunately some folk have already labelled him as such. What you’ve said seems to be the most logical way to work and I’d guess is exactly what happened.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

It sucks!
    Total nonsense, and yes your post sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I’ve not seen it suggested that there were any last minute changes. Just that he was asking for something we didn’t agree to.
    Where did you see that mate?

Just remember these two words "Ian Cathro" and thank our lucky gods we don't go looking for his type!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Note?
    FFS!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Heckingbottom: The Yorkshire Skipper