hibs.net Messageboard

Page 41 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 2404

Thread: Summer Signings

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We just stated a couple of days ago that we continued to pursue our core targets. Now we don't know who these targets are but I think consensus would be that Rocky, Whitty & Stokes are 3 of them. We know Stokes is on holiday, we also know there's a stand off with him & Blackburn for now. That move won't happen immediately. We know Whitty's back in Edinburgh & though he's a free agent he's probably still being paid by Norwich until 30 June. If he's signed up then it would appear it could be announced but I trust LD. There could be a similar scenario with Rocky. I'm sure our board want to announce a signing or 3 asap to give season ticket sales a final boost so I trust LD & Hibs to do the right thing & at the right time
    Listen enough of this 30th June rubbish mate...other teams are announcing signings. I'm fed up reading this as an excuse on here..it's repeated so often it's became a .net fact. It's rubbish....we haven't announced anything because simply there is nothing to announce yet. As for the waiting for the likes of Rocky and Stokes...how long do we wait before we need to start pursuing alternative targets?? That also concerns me. I'm still confident we will get some decent signings in but sooner rather than later would be best for all concerned.

But please stop with this end of June and everyone on hols nonsense coz it's simply not true.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Heard about him a couple of weeks ago. None of the ITKers knew anything though. Looks like a decent pedigree while still being attainable.
    His name came up on the pm board a few weeks ago but nobody knew anything and there was only one or two posts about it.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Listen enough of this 30th June rubbish mate...other teams are announcing signings. I'm fed up reading this as an excuse on here..it's repeated so often it's became a .net fact. It's rubbish....we haven't announced anything because simply there is nothing to announce yet. As for the waiting for the likes of Rocky and Stokes...how long do we wait before we need to start pursuing alternative targets?? That also concerns me. I'm still confident we will get some decent signings in but sooner rather than later would be best for all concerned.

But please stop with this end of June and everyone on hols nonsense coz it's simply not true.

Good news Hibs have signed Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Pluto just to get some signings in to please you.

Not one can kick a ball, but we have got signings in, Happy now?

FFS calm down man you are all over every thread worrying about lack of signings.

What will undoubtedly be best is that Hibs will get the players they want in when it suits both parties to do so..

If they did what you wanted we would now be actively scouring the Pitz over 60's 5 a side league and signing anybody and everybody because the players involved and their clubs and agents didn't say yes before the end of the sentence starting "would you like........"

Relax

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I must admit to getting slightly nervous about the lack of activity but that's just the way I am, always a pessimist.

I'm unhappy about Jason going but accept that if he wants to leave and the club get a decent offer then it's the best move for both parties.

The McGinn rumour is just that, a rumour so I'm not going to worry about that until something concrete happens.

In terms of recruitment I'm delighted with Ambrose and Swanson and happy to have Murray in the squad.

Plenty time until the start of the new season but I'd be hoping to see some activity in the next 2 weeks and will be concerned if we lose McGinn.

I think it's the uncertainty that gets folk this time of year, myself included. We spend all season talking about football and then there's a big gap in the summer, especially without a world cup or Euros.

Also, it's too easy to stay connected now. Pre internet you'd go on holiday and could ignore everything apart from reading the papers now and again. Now I'm sitting in bar in Prague reading Hibs.net.
    Bumped into someone I hadn't seen for years tonight and had a good blether about all things hibs. He is a massive hibby and does have knowledge of what's going on. Told me no need to worry and signings are nearly there. Mostly names in the news and one or two not. Cummings was always going if a certain fee was offered and was Part of him signing last contract. He said things would get going next week once all those involved in transfers are back from hols. Not going to mention players as don't won't to look a numpty if they don't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Bumped into someone I hadn't seen for years tonight and had a good blether about all things hibs. He is a massive hibby and does have knowledge of what's going on. Told me no need to worry and signings are nearly there. Mostly names in the news and one or two not. Cummings was always going if a certain fee was offered and was Part of him signing last contract. He said things would get going next week once all those involved in transfers are back from hols. Not going to mention players as don't won't to look a numpty if they don't happen.
    The one or two he mentioned who are not being discussed on here, would you class them as exciting signings?

I'm fed up
    There's bedsheets need washing, that'll take your mind off it all.

That's good to hear - cheers for sharing mate 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    There's bedsheets need washing, that'll take your mind off it all.
    Nice edit of my original post - you must be thrilled with your wit 👍

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar

Just out of interest, all these teams making all these signings. Who would the teams and signings be. And der Hun don't count. They have been forced into panic buying because of their humiliation of last season. I have seen only a couple of teams make a signing or two and I'm not sure I would take any of those at ER. I do believe that in NL and LD we are in safe hands and that good signings will follow soon

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Just out of interest, all these teams making all these signings. Who would the teams and signings be. And der Hun don't count. They have been forced into panic buying because of their humiliation of last season. I have seen only a couple of teams make a signing or two and I'm not sure I would take any of those at ER. I do believe that in NL and LD we are in safe hands and that good signings will follow soon
    I never said I'd take any those teams signings...I said that the excuse that everyone was on hols is getting a bit tiring and isn't stopping other teams signing players...never said I wanted any of them. I also said I was confident we would get the right players in but hoped it would be sooner rather than later

@hibs.net private member
    Good to hear and cheers for sharing. Hopefully I'll be back here in a week's time feeling much happier!

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Good news Hibs have signed Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Pluto just to get some signings in to please you.

Not one can kick a ball, but we have got signings in, Happy now?

FFS calm down man you are all over every thread worrying about lack of signings.

What will undoubtedly be best is that Hibs will get the players they want in when it suits both parties to do so..

If they did what you wanted we would now be actively scouring the Pitz over 60's 5 a side league and signing anybody and everybody because the players involved and their clubs and agents didn't say yes before the end of the sentence starting "would you like........"

Relax
    Mikey Donald and pluto would be good for world wide shirt sales. Might be onto something here

Quote Originally Posted by OxoHibby View Post
    Mikey Donald and pluto would be good for world wide shirt sales. Might be onto something here
    That disney help.

@hibs.net private member Hibernianinc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    That disney help.
    What's the difference between Fred Astaire and Walt Disney?

Fred dances, Walt Disney.

You're welcome.

Can I manage your act for the Fringe.zwe could make a killing.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernianinc View Post
    What's the difference between Fred Astaire and Walt Disney?

Fred dances, Walt Disney.

You're welcome.
    Loved that joke when I heard it in 1954!
    Honestly Hibernianinc, it's that old. Back then it was "Bing (Crosby) sings but Walt disny"

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    The days of teletext when you get dead excited because the Hibs news has more pages than normal. Then the agonising wait as it slowly goes through each slide, before the inevitable disappointment. Those were the days.
    I had totally forgot about that. I don't think I could cope using a PC only for the internet, never mind going back to newspapers and teletext days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    The one or two he mentioned who are not being discussed on here, would you class them as exciting signings?
    One definitely exciting. Most of the players were are after have been mentioned but it's waiting on things to fall in to place ie pay off from clubs or us paying a percentage of that players contract that he has left. Hopefully by next week the unnecessary scaremongering will be over and we will have got a couple of our signings in. It's hibs mind you so patience is definitely needed.

Surprised we've not had the old chestnut of rod not buying players till late in the window to save money. As far as I know rod has no involvement in transfers bar keeping sir Tom up to date on what's happening hence he knows the sell on clause for mcginn is probably nearer ten than 33%.

Nice edit of my original post - you must be thrilled with your wit 👍

Cheers, and not really.

Surprised we've not had the old chestnut of rod not buying players till late in the window to save money. As far as I know rod has no involvement in transfers bar keeping sir Tom up to date on what's happening hence he knows the sell on clause for mcginn is probably nearer ten than 33%.
    Still plenty of time for that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Motherwell have made two or three signings recently - sorry, they were so good I can't for the life of me remember their names.

Blog Entries

Nothing is an excuse, only facts. Lennon & Stokes are on holiday, Fact! Marciano & Stokes are under contract, probably until 30 June 2018, Fact! Those Facts don't stop transfers happening but they make things more complex & result in delays. As I said originally I'm sure LD is as keen as us to announce signings asap. Just keep the faith for a little longer.

Testimonial Due
    One definitely exciting. Most of the players were are after have been mentioned but it's waiting on things to fall in to place ie pay off from clubs or us paying a percentage of that players contract that he has left. Hopefully by next week the unnecessary scaremongering will be over and we will have got a couple of our signings in. It's hibs mind you so patience is definitely needed.
    Good updates. I actually prefer your type of update/rumour, has more truth to it imo. I mean if i had some inside info about hibs that someone gave me in confidence (or a players dad telling everyobe in edinburgh the details of his son's contract ffs) then i would be fairly circumspect about posting details.

Ill patiently await... and then slate you and hand back my ST if we havent signed Ronaldo by the weekend...!!😀

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Nothing is an excuse, only facts. Lennon & Stokes are on holiday, Fact! Marciano & Stokes are under contract, probably until 30 June 2018, Fact! Those Facts don't stop transfers happening but they make things more complex & result in delays. As I said originally I'm sure LD is as keen as us to announce signings asap. Just keep the faith for a little longer.
    It is a matter of patience. The anxiety isn't helped now we've lost Cummings. Add in Holt, Keatings and Fyvie and that's a fair chunk of the identity of this particular Hibs team over the last few years. All important players if Holt for only a year and our top 3 strikers last year to boot.

Like you say keep the faith that Lennon and Dempster can find the replacements

Left by mutual consent!
    There are some utterly neurotic ****s posting on this forum. Absolutely no patience whatsoever.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    Good stuff thanks.

With so much flying about who do we think the solid rumours still are that could fall into the category of already been mentioned?

Whittaker seems an obvious one. Maloney maybe? Stokes always seems like it would be a late in the window deal. Who else was a solid rumour and not just chaff? I've lost track
    Last edited by Hibstrooper; 21-06-2017 at 07:53 AM.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Commons ..maloney..stokes..mulgrew..Henderson..supplemente d by our young players should do it

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    There are some utterly neurotic ****s posting on this forum. Absolutely no patience whatsoever.
    It's a football forum and not for Buddhist Monk FC either. Also some might say from your outburst you've lost patience with some posters here...

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Commons ..maloney..stokes..mulgrew..Henderson..supplemente d by our young players should do it

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Wow and change our name to "Wee Cellik" as well?