hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just saw the attendance was 5,591.

Fantastic amount, compared to how many they normally have, and a very good away following as usual
    2500 and something Hibbies.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    What players ?

Average start to the season.
    Our start to the season has been tainted by our calamitous performance against Hamilton .... if we had beaten the Accies we would have two home wins, an away win and two away draws, a long way from an average start.

As it is, considering we have come out of the Championship after 3 seasons and we have played at two of the leagues toughest away venues in our first 5 matches, gaining 4 points out of six in those two games, we might not have had the hit the ground running but its still reasonably acceptable in my book .... hopefully there's more to come though because I would agree we are capable of doing better.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    saints manager says hibs dominated after the first 25 mins, no time to hear lennons thoughts, unfortunately the show spent the last 40 ******* mins drooling over hertz

I wasn't at the match, but from what I've read on this forum and elsewhere, the stats which showed Hibs had overwhelming possession etc, Hibs were clearly the better team today.

Given the above, it's surely not totally unreasonable to express a bit of disappointment that Hibs didn't get the 3 points they deserved, rather than just 1 point. That's not a criticism of the team.

By all accounts Hibs played pretty well and dominated St Johnstone. Our old Achilles heel - failure to put the ball in the net often enough - let us down again.
    Last edited by emerald green; 09-09-2017 at 04:44 PM.

8 points from 5 games. That average would get us 56-60 points this season. I'd take that

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Against Premier teams

1) Fantastic opening day win
    2) Beat Rangers away after they wrongly had a player sent off
    3) Totally humped at home by Hamilton
    4) Dissapointing away draw to Dundee, despite having majority of the posession
    5) Draw to St Jonhstone, after endless squandered chances the opposition scored an OG

Plus an away game to Ross County where we also had loads of chances but couldn't score.

-----------------------------

I stick by my comment.
    Were all dooomed, dooomed I say, after 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I wasn't at the match, but from what I've read on this forum and elsewhere, the stats which showed Hibs had overwhelming possession etc, Hibs were clearly the better team today.

Given the above, it's surely not totally unreasonable to express a bit of disappointment that Hibs didn't get the 3 points they deserved, rather than just 1 point. That's not a criticism of the team.

By all accounts Hibs played pretty well and dominated St Johnstone. Our old Achilles heal - failure to put the ball in the net often enough - let us down again.
    I think most people think that, whilst disappointed that we didn't win the last two games, barring the Hamilton game we've dominated the others. For me that's a good sign the wins will come

The Achilles heel used to be losing a late goal and picking up nothing

Must be the happy clapper in me I guess

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    saints manager says hibs dominated after the first 25 mins, no time to hear lennons thoughts, unfortunately the show spent the last 40 ******* mins drooling over hertz
    TW said Hibs will be disappointed not to have won, however, not gracious in his 'analysis'. Asked if it was due to Hibs playing good, "Well, they couldn't do it in the first 20 minutes", saying it was due to his team stopping playing after 20 minutes, making poor decisions, giving the ball away too easily.

2 points dropped as far as I am concerned.

Coaching Staff
    This season is about consolidation in this league & a top 6 finish. Anything better than that is a major bonus.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    TW said Hibs will be disappointed not to have won, however, not gracious in his 'analysis'. Asked if it was due to Hibs playing good, "Well, they couldn't do it in the first 20 minutes", saying it was due to his team stopping playing after 20 minutes, making poor decisions, giving the ball away too easily.

2 points dropped as far as I am concerned.

that sounds very similar to hundreds of jim jefferies interviews after hundreds of defeats over the last few decades , i tend to respect managers when they actually give the opposition the credit they deserve

Left by mutual consent!
    Lennon very happy with the performance:

Hibs' 'dominance' pleases Lennon

FT: St Johnstone 1-1 Hibernian

Hibernian boss Neil Lennon was content with his side's display if not the result as they drew with St Johnstone at McDiarmid Park.
    "To come here and play as well as that - I'm delighted," Lennon told BBC Scotland.
    "We looked a very good side today and I can't criticise any parts of the team. We were outstanding and thoroughly deserved to win the game.
    "The dominance of the team pleased me. To come here isn't easy and St Johnstone do what they do very well."

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The fact that we're talking about getting a draw at St Johnstone as dropped points should give you a wee indication of the start we've had. Look deeper and consider the fact that we've absolutely pummelled these teams we've been playing.

Sorry but I ****ing hate this place sometimes.
    I would say it's quite a positive sign that people are considering it dropped points today. It's a reflection on how well the team played in the game that people are disappointed we didn't win it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Our start to the season has been tainted by our calamitous performance against Hamilton .... if we had beaten the Accies we would have two home wins, an away win and two away draws, a long way from an average start.

As it is, considering we have come out of the Championship after 3 seasons and we have played at two of the leagues toughest away venues in our first 5 matches, gaining 4 points out of six in those two games, we might not have had the hit the ground running but its still reasonably acceptable in my book .... hopefully there's more to come though because I would agree we are capable of doing better.
    For me, the Hamilton game was a complete freak. Regardless of how St Johnstone have done over the last few years they were crap today and we should have won the game as we should have at Dundee.

We need to be better in the final third. And a clean sheet would be handy.

Judging it purely on the game today it's definitely two points dropped.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I would say it's quite a positive sign that people are considering it dropped points today. It's a reflection on how well the team played in the game that people are disappointed we didn't win it.
    Agreed. I'd have taken a point before this game and would probably also have taken a point at Dens, but when I hear how we dominated both games it gives me confidence we can build on this.

Shame the Livi game isn't this midweek as I think we could do with a game where there's a bit less pressure and hopefully get back to scoring a few more goals.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    For me, the Hamilton game was a complete freak. Regardless of how St Johnstone have done over the last few years they were crap today and we should have won the game as we should have at Dundee.

That's what annoys me about this site. We never play well, it's just that the other team was *****.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    That's what annoys me about this site. We never play well, it's just that the other team was *****.
    It's not this site, it's a few posters.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Testimonial Due

Not sure about Hamilton game was a shock?

They are a team of work minded players, not with a great amount of skill but very hard working.

In all the games in this league, you have to man up to the opposition first, then take any chances that come your way.

If the stats say we had 15 shots today and only 2 on target, I would say that is most likely our biggest problem.

Against Dundee it was exactly the same, with the same result?

In this league all the teams are capable of what you think are shock results against us.

The teams we all expect to be bottom 6 usually get their results 1-0, so scoring more goals can help stop this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I think most people think that, whilst disappointed that we didn't win the last two games, barring the Hamilton game we've dominated the others. For me that's a good sign the wins will come

The Achilles heel used to be losing a late goal and picking up nothing

Must be the happy clapper in me I guess
    It doesn't matter if you lose a late goal if you've already scored enough at the other end. But I know what you mean. Hope that makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    It doesn't matter if you lose a late goal if you've already scored enough at the other end. But I know what you mean. Hope that makes sense!
    I do. I still think we are heading in the right direction though and those goals/wins will come soon

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    We've dominated the last two games and only got two points which has been a poor return. I think that's more annoying than anything I posted, which wasn't being over critical of Hibs IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I do. I still think we are heading in the right direction though and those goals/wins will come soon
    I agree. Hopefully against Motherwell next Saturday.

@hibs.net private member
    We've had a decent start but no more than that. 3 positive results (Partick, Rangers and St Johnstone) and 2 negative ones (Hamilton and Dundee).

I do think the balance of the team still isn't quite right. Murray has been decent and I was hopeful about him and Stokes at the start of the season but now I'm not so sure they are going to work together. Equally we have a great choice at the back but have now lost the first goal in every league game so far and failed to keep a clean sheet.

We have a lot of options all over the team but I (and I think Lennon) still don't know what our best formation and first choice 11 is.

We have time to sort that out but we're not quite clicking yet.

I'm satisfied but equally Lennon and others have talked about us being the second best team in the county and challenging for 2nd. It's pretty clear that we aren't there yet and if that's the target then it could be argued we are failing.

Cup competitions will be vital for us this year. Beat Livi and we're one game away from the League cup final which would be a fantastic achievement. Qualifying for Europe, be in via league placing or the cup, would be great. Anything other than that and I have to say I'd be slightly disappointed without being devastated.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I think next week Big Davey should get the chance to start up front with Stokes. Murray's had a decent start but don't think he's been fantastic the last three games and when there's international quality competition on the bench I don't think you can afford to do that in this team.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The fact that we're talking about getting a draw at St Johnstone as dropped points should give you a wee indication of the start we've had. Look deeper and consider the fact that we've absolutely pummelled these teams we've been playing.

Sorry but I ****ing hate this place sometimes.
    Barely been on here in weeks mate...this place is a total joke full of bams who seem to love it when we don't win....the day a point in Perth against an unbeaten St J side is viewed as poor....we r just back after 3 years in championship and some think we should be winning every week. It's just nonsense ...total and utter nonsense. This St J team were 10 mins away from beating Celtic 2 weeks ago...and we've played them off the park today

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just back - deserved more and played well for 70 minutes.

Dominated possession and could easily have won.

Saints well organised and will be tough to beat this season.

We go again next week - lots of positives including having Boyle back.

Still not sure about the balance at the back though.

So St J are crap now Yeah??? Been consistently top 6 the 3 years we were ensconced in championship and unbeaten start to season almost beating Celtic last time out??? Have a word mate ...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    So St J are crap now Yeah??? Been consistently top 6 the 3 years we were ensconced in championship and unbeaten start to season almost beating Celtic last time out??? Have a word mate ...

If you read the post the poster says they were crap today. Which they were. Nothing to do with how well they have done over the years, today they were pish and Hibs played well without being clinical enough up front

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post

Go back and read my post again. And come back and tell me where I said they are crap. I said they were crap today. That's a different thing completely.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    If you read the post the poster says they were crap today. Which they were. Nothing to do with how well they have done over the years, today they were pish and Hibs played well without being clinical enough up front
    Here’s a radical thought, they were pish because Hibs stopped them from playing their usual way.

Go back and read my post again. And come back and tell me where I said they are crap. I said they were crap today. That's a different thing completely.
    And you don't think the way Hibs played had anything to do with that maybe??