hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What difference does it make the exact number? They have said the numbers are poor and that they cant give the entire AST group unrestricted - so have come to what seems on the face of it to be a sensible compromise.

Are you seriously expecting Hibs to send out personalised responses to every random question?

Christ almighty
    Also, creates extra work for a stretched ticket office team

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    What difference does it make the exact number? They have said the numbers are poor and that they cant give the entire AST group unrestricted - so have come to what seems on the face of it to be a sensible compromise.

Are you seriously expecting Hibs to send out personalised responses to every random question?

Christ almighty

No, the point I'm making is that the club should just say we got 700 tickets, 300 of which will be on sale on Wednesday. No need to keep fans guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    Also, creates extra work for a stretched ticket office team

Yes, but this could all be solved by announcing how many tickets we received and how many will be on sale after the AST holders have been allocated theirs.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m an AST holder and Here’s my 10p worth.

Could Hibs not give half AST holders full view tickets this time around and next game at Parkhead the other half full view tickets? This way you’d get tickets for both the games and at least one game without looking at a steel beam. Not that I’m saying Hibs should give AST holders privilege on where they sit. It was just a thought.

Also for a team that constantly gets to the champions league qualifiers, if you were coming to watch a European game from abroad to look at a pillar you’d be a bit miffed.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    No, the point I'm making is that the club should just say we got 700 tickets, 300 of which will be on sale on Wednesday. No need to keep fans guessing.
    Im sure if they did that there would be some conspiracy theorist along shortly after to tell us the club was keeping all the best tickets for their mates.

If the numbers are really low - and they are - it makes pretty much no difference, I just cant see why you are making such a big deal out of it.

If they could get away with it the two Glasgow teams in the league wouldn’t have away fans in there ground. They don’t give a flying one about other teams but expect tickets galore when they are away.

Having never been an advocate of the fans representative positions, I feel it's only fair that I offer one of them (Tracey) credit where it's due.

Tracey very kindly chased Hibs for confirmation on this, and has provided me with the following details:

Hibs were allocated exactly 700 tickets, and minus player comps, sponsors and AST holders, than there will probably be less than 300 on sale tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help and prompt response Tracey.

First Team Breakthrough
    Guys, tell me this. What will the competition be like for the tickets when the sale goes live at 12pm tomorrow? Would the whole bunch be sold out almost immediately or is it not that crazy?

Sorry if it's a silly question, I'm a new season ticket holder with zero experience in this. :)

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Yes, but this could all be solved by announcing how many tickets we received and how many will be on sale after the AST holders have been allocated theirs.
    You’re job on Saturday 20th October is count how many seats we were given😜

Quote Originally Posted by elevengoats View Post
    Guys, tell me this. What will the competition be like for the tickets when the sale goes live at 12pm tomorrow? Would the whole bunch be sold out almost immediately or is it not that crazy?

Sorry if it's a silly question, I'm a new season ticket holder with zero experience in this. :)
    Expect around 300 tickets to go in minutes.

You will probably be placed in an online queue as the site will be very busy and have to sit and watch a circle go down until it lets you into the ticket site. Then, if you're lucky there will be tickets available and you'll be able to put a ticket in your basket and assign it to your client reference number. Then you will hopefully be able complete your purchase in the allotted time without ticket site crashing and kicking you out to start the same process again.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    You’re job on Saturday 20th October is count how many seats we were given😜

Left by mutual consent!
    Do you not fancy standing for fans rep. Clearly your a home and away fan. Seem vocal and would strongly represent the fans. You should give it some thought. I’d think you’d do well.

First Team Breakthrough
    Expect around 300 tickets to go in minutes.

You will probably be placed in an online queue as the site will be very busy and have to sit and watch a circle go down until it lets you into the ticket site. Then, if you're lucky there will be tickets available and you'll be able to put a ticket in your basket and assign it to your client reference number. Then you will hopefully be able complete your purchase in the allotted time without ticket site crashing and kicking you out to start the same process again.
    Haha, sounds almost like the same sort of entertainment as watching the actual game.
    Would people start queuing before 12 or there is no such option?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Do you not fancy standing for fans rep. Clearly your a home and away fan. Seem vocal and would strongly represent the fans. You should give it some thought. I’d think you’d do well.
    We’d all miss him on here too much😂

No thank you. I've enough to deal with at home with a 7 month old son, I'm also a union rep at work. Thats plenty.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Cannae be bothered with the ticket scramble, especially at 31 quid. I'll endure it for the PBS, but think I'll just accept defeat and hope for radio commentary.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Cannae be bothered with the ticket scramble, especially at 31 quid. I'll endure it for the PBS, but think I'll just accept defeat and hope for radio commentary.
    Any idea when derby tickets are on sale?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Any idea when derby tickets are on sale?

I'll go for Monday 22nd of October.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Ok ta.

Must be around then, aye. I've missed out the past couple of trips to Tynie, so I'm hoping for better luck. The fact it's a Wednesday night might quell demand a wee bit, perhaps?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    If they could get away with it the two Glasgow teams in the league wouldn’t have away fans in there ground. They don’t give a flying one about other teams but expect tickets galore when they are away.
    We would probably do the same if we had 20,000+ fans wanting tickets.

We constantly bang on about doing what is best for our club and our fans. Why shouldn’t the Old Firm do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Must be around then, aye. I've missed out the past couple of trips to Tynie, so I'm hoping for better luck. The fact it's a Wednesday night might quell demand a wee bit, perhaps?

Well it should as loads used that reason for not going to the Aberdeen game, as well as it was a school night and its on tv and too expensive...

Well it should as loads used that reason for not going to the Aberdeen game, as well as it was a school night and its on tv and too expensive...

The online ticket scramble is horrendous, but needs must.

So who’s in the online queue already?

It is mate, I've just bought a ticket for Man City v Shaktar Donesk next month and it was £17.50 with my membership discount (£20) without the membership and that Champions League football watching Aguero, Sane, Jesus KDB etc and yet we are getting hit for £31 to watch Hibs from a corner of a not very good stadium.

Pricing needs looked at in Scottish football.
    Think the fact City struggle to sell out their home games in the champs league might factor into that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMentalHibees View Post
    Think the fact City struggle to sell out their home games in the champs league might factor into that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think expanding their stadium really helped the % attendance figures

Simple communication from Club is the key here.

When tickets arrived, statement should have been put out saying we got a smaller allocation of tickets, All AST are restricted view, the rest go on sale Wednesday.

Then no confusion, no twitter/facebook debates, all crystal clear....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

When tickets arrived, statement should have been put out saying we got a smaller allocation of tickets, All AST are restricted view, the rest go on sale Wednesday.

That is a sensible approach and point.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

I don't think it would have stopped anything, those who want a pop at the club or love winding up other supporters would have just changed the focus of their complaints to "how many are the club not selling and giving away" or similar. The club are given tickets by the home club and ast get their, remainder go on sale today, knowing how many that is won't increase folks chances of getting on and I doubt many will make their decision on whether to try get one based on how many there are, it's still a lottery, albeit with slightly worse odds that before.

We're really quick to laugh at Hearts and Rangers issuing a statement every two minutes however every time we disagree with the slightest thing in Scottish football our own fans are asking for a statement from the club. We need to decide which it is, are all these statements good communication or embarrassing? We can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    I don't think it would have stopped anything, those who want a pop at the club or love winding up other supporters would have just changed the focus of their complaints to "how many are the club not selling and giving away" or similar. The club are given tickets by the home club and ast get their, remainder go on sale today, knowing how many that is won't increase folks chances of getting on and I doubt many will make their decision on whether to try get one based on how many there are, it's still a lottery, albeit with slightly worse odds that before.

We're really quick to laugh at Hearts and Rangers issuing a statement every two minutes however every time we disagree with the slightest thing in Scottish football our own fans are asking for a statement from the club. We need to decide which it is, are all these statements good communication or embarrassing? We can't have it both ways.

A simple tweet/facebook message is fine, nobody is asking for long winded statement about tickets.