hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: James Keatings

Keatings

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must have missed Keatings stepping up. When did that happen? He's scored one league goal.
    Certain players get stuck and do not improve, he is in that category.Why on earth did he get to take the penalty when he clearly was having a VERY POOR game..he will move on..we need another more assertive type of player.....to his credit he does good runs but his control yesterday was shocking

2. Log in to remove the advert

If we're relying on Keatings in the Premiership, our squad is not strong enough. There are a few players that fall into that category, mind you.

I actually have a bit of time for Keatings ..as I think he us a bit about him, which we see all too fleetingly. He cannot play as a striker expected to hold the ball up he has been played there a few times , yesterday being another and he can't do it he is far better playing of someone ..but even then can't do it with any real consistency. Too hot and cold, I think this is his level in a team that plays different from us, too lightweight but can take a goal (,usually ) ..Had a poor game yesterday and like most couldn't believe he was handed the ball for the penalty ...think only mcginn or shinnie would have been my choice in it ..but that's past ..think Keats will be gone in the summer .

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Occasionally good championship footballer who I thought would score plenty but we're over capacity on the non scoring striker front so time for someone else to have a go. Problem is who do we have?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    hearts didnt replace with better? And also let JC go also. Keatings has to make impact games given 20 mins or rare start. Hes bottom 6 spl standard forward id say. Lennon has given less time this season than stubbs gave and may be related training. He has enough to get start but like JC of last year needs work harder improve fitness all round game. Yet JC scores and improved work rate and game from last year. Keating a Dobbie in making when effort raised penny drops. Hope it happens in hibs top
    I didn't say Hearts replaced him with better in my post. I would however have rather had Osman Sow, That big American guy and Goncalves than Keatings at Hibs. And I don't even particularly rate any of them either.

Blog Entries
    I was confident that Keatings would grab yesterday's opportunity to show Lennon that he has the mettle and ability to be first choice if Cummings wasn't available. He failed miserably and IMHO shouldn't start in any match for the rest of the season. Occasionally he shows up well when he comes on as a sub., when I guess he has the attitude to let Lennon see what he is missing. He blew it yesterday.

He like a striker version of Shinnie. Turns it on once every 6 or 7 weeks. Not consistent enough and if you aren't consistent enough then you aren't good enough.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    He like a striker version of Shinnie. Turns it on once every 6 or 7 weeks. Not consistent enough and if you aren't consistent enough then you aren't good enough.
    Shinnie has played well in the last few weeks but Keatings hardly plays well when he starts. I think there is a player in him but he just does not produce it often enough

First Team Breakthrough
    Wand of a left foot but his ability is spoilt by his severe lack of work rate and his disinterest when playing as shown yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    I was quite excited when we signed Keatings but he seemed to play better under Stubbs. He scored a few cracking goals in the first few months of his Hibs career, including a hat-trick at Paisley, and also played well in the play-off game at Falkirk, but I did hope for more from him.

Was Lennon the manager when Celtic released him? If so, I wonder if he feels he's under pressure to prove a point which might impact on his confidence.

His head goes down too easily.

Say what you want about Cummings, he has spirit, confidence and self-belief that are unparalleled and his desire to score in the final minute of a game when he's had a shocker is the same as it is in the first minute of a cup final.

If Keatings doesn't start a game well his head goes down.

Attitude and spirit count for as much as ability and I'm seriously questioning Keatings' at the moment. He's had a lot of chances and failed to take them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    If Keatings doesn't start a game well his head goes down.
    Agree with this and was told exactly the same from a Jambo mate when we first signed him

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    I was quite excited when we signed Keatings but he seemed to play better under Stubbs. He scored a few cracking goals in the first few months of his Hibs career, including a hat-trick at Paisley, and also played well in the play-off game at Falkirk, but I did hope for more from him.

Was Lennon the manager when Celtic released him? If so, I wonder if he feels he's under pressure to prove a point which might impact on his confidence.

Just checked and he was indeed his manager at Celtic.

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    Quote Originally Posted by JDT View Post
    Simple question for my fellow hibees but is he good enough? I like him and when he comes on as a sub he generally does well but it's seems like when it's time for him to start and make an impression he fails. I want him to do well but with him nearing his contacts end is he worth keeping?
    He was rotten yesterday, no strength, was easily bossed by part time defenders, terrible penalty, see ye later son..

Quick question, do we use a sports psychologist and, if so, has anyone any experience of them themselves?
    Would imagine they can be a game changer for some players, maybe Keats is one?

Keatings had a poor game yesterday but even then forced their keeper into one great save and shaved the post with another shot . Graham also forced a good save in the few minutes he was on . Can`t remember Holt going near to scoring likewise Boyle till his goal which was hardly an example of great striking .

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Shinnie has played well in the last few weeks but Keatings hardly plays well when he starts. I think there is a player in him but he just does not produce it often enough
    As posted, 1 in 8 performers are the last thing Hibs need. To get up, all important, we need to ditch the hangers on & deadwood. Results last couple months crap, team & supporters now sweatin, empty 1in 7/8/9 games not good enough inconsistent journeymen like yesterday, Keatings, Shinnie, Bartley, Holt, Boyle the likes ae that en masses having their usual "off day", really, what chance have ye got wi half a
    team of inconsistent shirking hiding players who let teammates & themselves & supporters down? Nae teams winning when half the teams hiding!

Coaching Staff
    Impact sub pure & simple, not a 90min player.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Just wanted to give this a wee bump, have opinions been influenced by his performance today?

He really didn't do a lot apart from his goal, whipped in a couple of good free kicks and corners but we need this on a regular basis not every 5 games with the other 4 being rubbish, still too inconsistent for me and the reason he's played most of his career in this division.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Just wanted to give this a wee bump, have opinions been influenced by his performance today?
    Not really. Great yesterday, but judging him over the season he's only contributed two goals in the league.

A good game every so often isn't enough. Need to improve for next year.

Blog Entries
    Nope, not good enough to be a regular starter. I'm happy to have him as a squad member. Interesting to remember that he twice turned down the chance to get to the Premiership with Hamilton and the Jambos. Maybe he knows his own level.

Na, we knew already that he is capable of that. His problem is doing it on a regular basis, and when given the chance from the start. Hopefully he can do so if given a run before the end of the season and can prove me wrong.

Don't think Lennon is keen to get rid of him and will want him to adapt to midfield next season he does put in a good ball as did effe at right back

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Nope, not good enough to be a regular starter. I'm happy to have him as a squad member. Interesting to remember that he twice turned down the chance to get to the Premiership with Hamilton and the Jambos. Maybe he knows his own level.
    Pretty sure Hearts freed him when they went up, I don't think he had a choice.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Pretty sure Hearts freed him when they went up, I don't think he had a choice.
    Didn't technically free him, he was under contract and they said he was free to go if he could find a club

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Didn't technically free him, he was under contract and they said he was free to go if he could find a club

Pretty much the same thing, why stay at a club where you're not wanted.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I'm just wanting Boomtown to tell me how ***** my opinion is, that's all 😉 🎣
    Last edited by Jones28; 26-03-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    As posted, 1 in 8 performers are the last thing Hibs need. To get up, all important, we need to ditch the hangers on & deadwood. Results last couple months crap, team & supporters now sweatin, empty 1in 7/8/9 games not good enough inconsistent journeymen like yesterday, Keatings, Shinnie, Bartley, Holt, Boyle the likes ae that en masses having their usual "off day", really, what chance have ye got wi half a
    team of inconsistent shirking hiding players who let teammates & themselves & supporters down? Nae teams winning when half the teams hiding!
    Marvin has shown in the bigger games that he is SPL standard so will definitely want him to stay. Keatings and Boyle are good squad players and the type you need in your squad. Shinnie doubt we'll try and sign permanently and I'm sure Lennon realises Holt has done his bit and won't be there next season. Assuming Cummings and McGinn stay for a season I think there will be only 4 or 5 players signed. I'm sure Harris and Stanton will be away along with shinnie and Holt and Humphrey. I'd imagine he will be looking at left back to cover Lewis,a speedy left sided midfielder and a target man. Would loved us to get Marciano as he is the best keeper we've had for a long time. He will probably bring in another central defender ascwell. I'm sure the wage bill will be far higher with the extra revenue from the SPL and in sure if/when we get close to wrapping up the title we will see players signing new contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    He really didn't do a lot apart from his goal, whipped in a couple of good free kicks and corners but we need this on a regular basis not every 5 games with the other 4 being rubbish, still too inconsistent for me and the reason he's played most of his career in this division.
    He scored a brilliant goal and put a superb ball in for the first goal but I thought he looked lively and threatening throughout.

He has failed so many times from the start of games it is hard to see him forcing his way in as a regular starter. But he could be a very handy impact player to have (if he was happy to be one).

If he can make an impact like that against Fslkirk then he can make it against half the teams in the Premier League.