This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope so, I backed him at 18/1.
    Aye, me too. 18/1 with Betfair.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Aye, me too. 18/1 with Betfair.
    Knowing my luck it'll be MacKay that gets it. Seriously hope not but we're talking Scotland here.

Good luck

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

The SFA aren't fit for purpose. Neither is Stewart Regan. Scottish football is stuck in the dark ages and it's down to him and the rest of the cronies involved in "running" our game.

Would rather take lambert IMO.
    Michael reminds me of Chris Coleman and Wales....
    1 GK, 8 defenders and 2 attacking players to try steal a game 1-0.
    I hate watching defensive football.
    Might work sometimes but not all the time.
    Remember the last couple of groups Wales, n.ireland have had etc - even Scotland would have got at least 2nd spot.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    The SFA aren't fit for purpose. Neither is Stewart Regan. Scottish football is stuck in the dark ages and it's down to him and the rest of the cronies involved in "running" our game.
    Getting Regan out is more important than the choice of the next Scotland manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Hope so, I backed him at 18/1.
    I'm on at 14s😀😀

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Clear out the whole ****ing organisation.

Lambert would be the latest dull, defensive ex-OF yes man.

How pathetic a national organisation and football association we have.

O'Neill was the preferred choice, he was interested enough to get involved in procees and yet it appears he is going to stick with NI instead.

We can't even seal the deal for what looks like a clear 1st choice. Are NI offering money? Or showing more ambition? Or not putting any constraints in e.g. His management team? What ever the answer is it's clear the SFA and the CEO are incompetent to new levels.

After listening to the podcast cup final shared on here, the words from Regan were historical and totally out of proportion. He said "some of the worst scenes he had ever seen in football". Really, REALLY?

Just one of many examples of how much a clown he is.Just go now.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Getting Regan out is more important than the choice of the next Scotland manager.
    Be careful what you wish for.....I’m pretty sure Ms Dempster would become a red hot property should Stuart Reagan move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    How pathetic a national organisation and football association we have.

O'Neill was the preferred choice, he was interested enough to get involved in procees and yet it appears he is going to stick with NI instead.

We can't even seal the deal for what looks like a clear 1st choice. Are NI offering money? Or showing more ambition? Or not putting any constraints in e.g. His management team? What ever the answer is it's clear the SFA and the CEO are incompetent to new levels.

After listening to the podcast cup final shared on here, the words from Regan were historical and totally out of proportion. He said "some of the worst scenes he had ever seen in football". Really, REALLY?

Just one of many examples of how much a clown he is.Just go now.
    It’s pathetic and almost mirrors the hun “pursuit” of McInnes. O’Neill should have already been in place way before Christmas if he was the top target. The SFA appear to have screwed up big time here. Again.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee=legend View Post
    Would rather take lambert IMO.
    Michael reminds me of Chris Coleman and Wales....
    1 GK, 8 defenders and 2 attacking players to try steal a game 1-0.
    I hate watching defensive football.
    Might work sometimes but not all the time.
    Remember the last couple of groups Wales, n.ireland have had etc - even Scotland would have got at least 2nd spot.

Michael O'Neill has done a fantastic job with NI.

If he set his team up to be open and attack they would get slaughtered every time. He's fielding players like Aaron Hughes and Lafferty FFS - hardly world class talent.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    It’s pathetic and almost mirrors the hun “pursuit” of McInnes. O’Neill should have already been in place way before Christmas if he was the top target. The SFA appear to have screwed up big time here. Again.
    You can just imagine how it played out. They had monthly board meetings - Nov to look at candidates, Dec to agree preferred candidate and then Xmas lunch, Jan to start to procees to look at compensation and package, Feb to finalise offer and March to finalise appointment. Meanwhile in the real world 5 months isn't something decent managers are happy to wait around for...

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Daily Record reporting Michael O’Neill turned us down.

Obviously nobody will know how the negotiations went but the SFA don’t appear to have come out of this very well at all, surprise surprise.

Wonder who’s next on the list? Think as time goes on Malky Mackay will probably become favourite.
    Daily Mail reporting progress being made in negotiations, who do you believe? Mind you I think he will be having second thoughts based on the way SFA have handled it.

As soon as he said publicly he was surprised the SFA made their interest public before contacting him it was always in doubt. He clearly wasn't happy and rightly so, it put him in a pretty uncomfortable position publicly.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Would love this to happen. My favourite player by far when my dad started taking me to games.
    https://youtu.be/dvgDNxueTtA

I was at this game, what a brilliant finish by O'Neill for the 2nd goal, but it was a great goal all round. He was a class act, so was Crunchie.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post

I was at this game, what a brilliant finish by O'Neill for the 2nd goal, but it was a great goal all round. He was a class act, so was Crunchie.
    A lot of airbrushing when it comes to MO’N’s time at Hibs. He could be superb and had great ability but equally had a poor attitude in many games and did nothing. Similar to Zemmama IMHO. Crunchie had a far better attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee6_2 View Post
    Be careful what you wish for.....I’m pretty sure Ms Dempster would become a red hot property should Stuart Reagan move on.
    She would be a brilliant choice but, thankfully, I don't think the SFA are brave enough to even contemplate it 🙂.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    500k release clause. It’s to be paid before the SFA an talk to O neill. Very similar to the McInnes situation with Rangers.. Angers didn’t have it as the SFA don’t have it. It might still happen if the SFA can scramble the cash together.

2nd fave for Stoke job ..

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post

Michael O'Neill was a very classy player along with wee Crunchie. Lots of good individual players in that team with Pat McGinley a very deserved fans favorite.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    2nd fave for Stoke job ..
    Wrong O’Neill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post

Michael O'Neill was a very classy player along with wee Crunchie. Lots of good individual players in that team with Pat McGinley a very deserved fans favorite.
    One of my favourite memories of Crunchie was after he left Hibs and was back at Falkirk. At the end of the pre-match warm up at the old Brockville (what a dump that was) he waited for his team mates to leave then deliberately missed the goal and came over to get the ball back and while he was at it wished us well once we were promoted - all round ovation for him from The Hibs fans there including me and the boy.......

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    One of my favourite memories of Crunchie was after he left Hibs and was back at Falkirk. At the end of the pre-match warm up at the old Brockville (what a dump that was) he waited for his team mates to leave then deliberately missed the goal and came over to get the ball back and while he was at it wished us well once we were promoted - all round ovation for him from The Hibs fans there including me and the boy.......
    These type memories of following the Hibernian and other clubs for that matter are what makes football the terrific sport it is. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    These type memories of following the Hibernian and other clubs for that matter are what makes football the terrific sport it is. Great stuff.

And shows it’s the difference in players who have class, and recognise the relationship they’ve built with fans of their clubs

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post

And shows it’s the difference in players who have class, and recognise the relationship they’ve built with fans of their clubs
    Crunchie was only wee height wise, he was very well built IIRC and one of our strongest players. Not a wispy winger at all. Class story.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    ..... aye, riding on a donkey.