hibs.net Messageboard

Decent article about Simon Murray

2. Log in to remove the advert

Very good read.

Every interview I read with Murray leaves me more impressed. Seems to have his head screwed on, wants to improve and appreciates being at Hibs. Add to that he's a more than decent player who's scoring goals.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I absolutely love the guys attitude. He never stops trying and he knows he’s living the dream.

United we stand here....

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Love the big guy. Good article 👍🏼

Did anyone else see him on stv re the josh taylor weigh in at pans comm/ sports centre

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Seems to be another one that 'gets' the club.

Why does every comment about him always focus on his hair colour though? 'the flame haired frontman', the carrot topped cavalier' or similar pishy rhetorical flourishes.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love the big guy. Good article 👍🏼
    He surely must be getting considered for Scotland? There's no other Scottish forward playing regularly and scoring goals in the top flight out with Griffiths that I'm surprised he wasn't called up for the Holland game for cover.

Quote Originally Posted by vla_di_vla View Post
    He surely must be getting considered for Scotland? There's no other Scottish forward playing regularly and scoring goals in the top flight out with Griffiths that I'm surprised he wasn't called up for the Holland game for cover.
    Surely not? This is the forward who Stephen Craigen says has severe limitations to his game, and who will need to improve his first touch before he can be considered a quality player

I was slightly sceptical when we signed him but I've been massively impressed. He's been excellent and we don't miss Cummings one bit.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    I was slightly sceptical when we signed him but I've been massively impressed. He's been excellent and we don't miss Cummings one bit.
    For me he's an upgrade on Cummings. At least he's capable of being a lone striker, something Cummings isn't suited to in my opinion

For me he's an upgrade on Cummings. At least he's capable of being a lone striker, something Cummings isn't suited to in my opinion
    True. His workrate is unreal.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Hmmm wouldn't go that far but to be fair he's already taken to scoring against the Yams

Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Did anyone else see him on stv re the josh taylor weigh in at pans comm/ sports centre
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent!
    Excellent interview. A really decent grounded genuine man. Good on you Simon and keep up the hard work pal. Great stuff.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    He may be better suited to a lone striker role but technically no way is he an upgrade on Cummings imo.

In regards to the article it's good to see someone who genuinely is loving every minute of his time at the club and wants to be the best he can be. If only Jamie Insall had the same attitude.
    Last edited by essexhibee; 11-11-2017 at 09:54 PM.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Surely not? This is the forward who Stephen Craigen says has severe limitations to his game, and who will need to improve his first touch before he can be considered a quality player
    That says more about Craigen than it does about Simon Murray.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    He may be better suited to a lone striker role but technically no way is he an upgrade on Cummings imo.

In regards to the article it's good to see someone who genuinely is loving every minute of his time at the club and wants to be the best he can be. If only Jamie Insall had the same attitude.
    I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but what did Cummings give us that Murray doesn't?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but what did Cummings give us that Murray doesn't?
    Tbf to JC he was capable of the spectacular. Murray might not have a 25 yarder in his pocket but his workrate and desire is more valuable for me, especially in the lone striker role.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    He's a long way off IMO. Good player for us on a good run of form but nowhere near international level yet.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    More consistent goalscorer

@hibs.net private member
    I'm another who wasn't sure when he signed and saw him as a squad player but he's definitely won me over. He still needs to work on parts of his game and I think he's miles from the Scotland squad but overall very pleased he's a Hibs player.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post

Cummings’ first touch and control wasn’t all that great either to be honest. He looked quite clumsy at times although he did improve a lot last season.

If Murray scores 7 more before the end of the season he'll be on 20. Very good since he was only considered a squad player by many