hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 49years a Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've heard through the grapevine that Barr has been promised the captaincy.

Source? - Falkirk based Hearts ST holder. They think Stewart is a liability.
    He must read the News then.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Good post which I agree with

Have just been speaking with a friend who is on the coaching/training staff at Falkirk
    Was chatting to him about Barr and while he didn't know anything "official" (his word) he did pass the following comments.
    1. Hadn't heard of any interest from England.
    2 Aberdeen was never on.
    3 Was offered a rwo year deal at ER but could not get a "guarantee of first team football"
    4. Tynecastle - Three year deal with option for a fourth and with there to be a large clear out end of season he was told the No5 jersey was his.

We didn't discuss this further but it sounds quite a reasonable scenario to me !

Think he is a reasonable player but am not losing any sleep over his going to Tynie!
    I would be amazed if Hibs were only offering him a 2 year deal. Rod would have IMO wanted him on a 3 year minimum deal to make best use of sell on value.

First Team Breakthrough GoldenMeerkat's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TheGoldenMeerkat
    I find all these bitter comments smack of sour grapes.....mind you, I always thought he was a giant nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by Nando™ View Post
    Can't blame him for taking the money .
    Even though I hate ***** like Robinho, Tevez, Adebayor and especially Margiotta.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Would Barr really have that much resale value? He's no more than a good SPL player on the outer fringes of the Scotland squad. He would be 25/26 by the time you would think of selling him. I could see the logic of that if he was 2/3 years younger, but if he was he wouldn't be available for free.

I think the odds are that he would be at Hearts for the full length of that contract. I can't see anyone offering millions for him and it would be difficult for them to move him to another SPL club if he doesn't fit in well.

Pfft, a decent player no doubt, but not worth all the hoo-hah. As far as I'm aware neither of the OF even deigned to sniff around him, and generally, irritating as it is, if a young Scottish player makes an impression at another Scottish club, you can guarantee they would have been sniffing around him.

The only pity is that - who knows - he probably has the potential to be an awful lot more than a decent, young Scottish centre back, but he will soon face the prospect of getting kicked out of Riccarton by the Womens reserve Volleyball team at 2pm every other day, inevitably having to contend with whichever great white hope from Lithland gets imported next (and whilst this procedure is getting less frequent, who is that right back that just got shoe horned into the Derby, was - and has remained to be by most accounts - absolutely pish??) and also the fact that there's always a chance of Mad Vlad abducting him and putting him in a Petting Zoo in the foothills of the Himalayas for "ruining the club" or somesuch.

The best environment for a young Scottish player to flourish??

I think not (these days anyway)

Next up Lee "falldownalot" Miller and Charlie Mulgrew, who would be nothing more than a 6/10 clogger were it not for his dead ball delivery (give me Ian Murray any day of the week)??

Forgive me if I'm not quaking in my boots just yet - we Hobos merely have to content ourself with signing players who have playerd and scored in the Premiership.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Pfft, a decent player no doubt, but not worth all the hoo-hah. As far as I'm aware neither of the OF even deigned to sniff around him, and generally, irritating as it is, if a young Scottish player makes an impression at another Scottish club, you can guarantee they would have been sniffing around him.

The only pity is that - who knows - he probably has the potential to be an awful lot more than a decent, young Scottish centre back, but he will soon face the prospect of getting kicked out of Riccarton by the Womens reserve Volleyball team at 2pm every other day, inevitably having to contend with whichever great white hope from Lithland gets imported next (and whilst this procedure is getting less frequent, who is that right back that just got shoe horned into the Derby, was - and has remained to be by most accounts - absolutely pish??) and also the fact that there's always a chance of Mad Vlad abducting him and putting him in a Petting Zoo in the foothills of the Himalayas for "ruining the club" or somesuch.

The best environment for a young Scottish player to flourish??

I think not (these days anyway)

Next up Lee "falldownalot" Miller and Charlie Mulgrew, who would be nothing more than a 6/10 clogger were it not for his dead ball delivery (give me Ian Murray any day of the week)??

Forgive me if I'm not quaking in my boots just yet - we Hobos merely have to content ourself with signing players who have playerd and scored in the Premiership.
    Hearts already have one of those

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Nando™ View Post
    Can't blame him for taking the money .
    Even though I hate ***** like Robinho, Tevez, Adebayor and especially Margiotta.

The guys a money grabbing dick and you'd think he'd show more loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Hearts already have one of those

Oh.

You'll forgive that slight oversight on my part.

Though as a technicality, that shirt is hanging off him there, so therefore he must have eaten far fewer small children (or whatever his diet consists of at Tynie) when this photo was taken, such that one might say he was half the man then as he is now, and therefore cannot be counted as one and the same player that currently blunders about, week in, week out providing us all with a masterclass in the art of not scoring.

So there!!

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Since Hearts are just trying to sign any of our targets...

Maybe we should aim for some sheer dross.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post

Maybe we should aim for some sheer dross.
    It seems the process has already been put into place.

Yogi said on Radio Scotland last night, that he was very disappointed to lose out on signing Barr.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Yogi said on Radio Scotland last night, that he was very disappointed to lose out on signing Barr.
    Heard that right enough, usual class from our manager, said he was now looking forward to locking horns with him in a derby (words to that effect), wished him all the best.

Clearly disappointed though.

Left by mutual consent!
    IMO I think we need not need concern ourselves any more with a Hearts player, give him the treatment when he plays and its not like we lost out on Ronaldo, I will sign off in this thread with

**** Barr
    **** Hearts
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 27-01-2010 at 08:22 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    According to McGoo. Hearts will be paying Barr more than 3k a week.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/M...ons.6016263.jp

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by haagsehibby View Post
    According to McGoo. Hearts will be paying Barr more than 3k a week.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/M...ons.6016263.jp
    Hibs rightly couldn't justify that for a player of his 'quality'.

Are the people running Hearts mental? Stupid quesion I know!

Falkirk fan I work with was congratulating us on a lucky escape this morning.

Another overpaid player to add to their debt, which they own so it is not really a debt.

I think McGoo comes out of this worse than Yogi. Yogi didn't really say all that much about trying to get him but McGoo publicly on tv stated he was going to offer loan deals to Falkirk etc; egg on face.

Coaching Staff
    Just spoke to someone who I trust to know these things at Hearts and the chat was that he will be getting about £12k a week.

Hibs offered less than a third of that and Aberdeen less still.

I don't think Hearts fans should be quite so pleased with this as they have been!

Barr being paid more than Miller, Riordan and Stokes put together probably! Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Just spoke to someone who I trust to know these things at Hearts and the chat was that he will be getting about £12k a week.

I don't think Hearts fans should be quite so pleased with this as they have been!

Barr being paid more than Miller, Riordan and Stokes put together probably! Brilliant.
    Hearts will be paying the wages but he won't be signed to them

So when he's sold................

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel

oh ma sides, all I need now is to hear Nade has signed an extension and that will be me dying of a heart attack.

brilliant

Hearts now have in place a £6k basic weekly wage cap for all new singings

Source : a recent signing

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post

Well ask the recent signing if he was on drugs when he agreed a pre contract with that shower.

He was nae great shakes anyway, lot of fuss over an average defender.

IMO ofcourse.

Can't confirm that figure but know from a Hearts "employee" that new contracts being offered are in some cases as much as 50% down on present deals.
    This possibly explains the stories of a "clear out" at Tynie in the summer
    Find the 12K hard to believe !!

That's not counting the sizeable appearance fee a recent signing is getting though

Club 12 (2013) Supporter

Sorry, I've read some rubbish on this thread but that takes the biscuit. Hearts limit for wages is now £4,000 a week and so Barr is on no more than that. Whether £4K a week is too much for him (or any other player in the SPL these days) is a good question but try and keep the digs about Hearts out of the realms of fantasy.
    On us signing Barr I would say it's the type of signing that we should be making. A good, fairly young, player with SPL experience. 3 year deal so potential to sell him on in 2 years time if he performs well. I do think his form has faded lately, hopefully now he has his immediate future sorted he can get back to the form that got him into the Scotland squad

Quote Originally Posted by Dipped flake View Post
    Hearts limit for wages is now £4,000 a week and so Barr is on no more than that.
    You know that how exactly?

Are you involved in the negotiations or did somebody on Kickback tell you that?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Sorry, I've read some rubbish on this thread but that takes the biscuit. Hearts limit for wages is now £4,000 a week and so Barr is on no more than that. Whether £4K a week is too much for him (or any other player in the SPL these days) is a good question but try and keep the digs about Hearts out of the realms of fantasy.
    On us signing Barr I would say it's the type of signing that we should be making. A good, fairly young, player with SPL experience. 3 year deal so potential to sell him on in 2 years time if he performs well. I do think his form has faded lately, hopefully now he has his immediate future sorted he can get back to the form that got him into the Scotland squad
    Surely its a striker Hearts are crying out for? Hearts were pretty decent at the back before signin Barr, Altho it will be a straight replacement for Goncalves.

With huddies like Nade, Witenveen and Suso in attack it truly beggars belief that a striker hasnt been signed as yet in the window to replace that guff.

Coaching Staff
    Hey, your club, if you have no idea what's going on that's fine by me.

I know that who I spoke to has the information.

Do you recall when you all thought your debt was going to be less than £20m? Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Surely its a striker Hearts are crying out for? Hearts were pretty decent at the back before signin Barr, Altho it will be a straight replacement for Goncalves.

With huddies like Nade, Witenveen and Suso in attack it truly beggars belief that a striker hasnt been signed as yet in the window to replace that guff.
    As the hertz fans cream themselves over signing a player who is currently playing for the worst team in the spl they have conveniently forgotten about their lack of strikers.Presumably barr is to replace congalves as its hard to see how he would get into their team right now according to the same hertz fans.It beggars belief they have gone after barr when they are crying out for strikers especially as they are getting excited by a signing who wont be there till next season or have they written off this season already.