hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Slivka

Slivka

I really expect big things from him this season after finding it hard to cement a first team place last season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Me too. Here's hoping we're both right!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Looked outstanding against Berwick seemed to revel in the new responsibility without the shadow of Dylan or SJM early days though long way to go hopefully he can kick on!

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Likewise. Cannot wait to see him play more centrally. Really think there's great potential in him.

A fresh start for Slivka from me.
    The slate is wiped clean.
    Last season, in my opinion, was all but a write-off for him, and there were times I really thought he'd be on his way out from Easter Road.

Clearly has a bit of ability. Needs to step up this season. No excuses.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A fresh start for Slivka from me.
    The slate is wiped clean.
    Last season, in my opinion, was all but a write-off for him, and there were times I really thought he'd be on his way out from Easter Road.
    I’d love a write off season at Hibs if I scored against rangers and Celtic. I know what you mean though. Look forward too what he has to offer think he will be a key player

Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    I’d love a write off season at Hibs if I scored against rangers and Celtic. I know what you mean though. Look forward too what he has to offer think he will be a key player

Definatley proved where he played early on the wing or wide of a three he didn't work.
    Must be central this season.

More of the late runs in the box like his goal against the lesser greens would be splendid.

Can't remember him having a poor game, don't know why anyone would think he was on his way. He is clearly a classy player with great potential. Few injuries at bad times but straight back competing for a place when he was fit.

He doesn't need any slate wiped clean.

He had a decent first season but is more than ready to kick on.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Can't remember him having a poor game, don't know why anyone would think he was on his way. He is clearly a classy player with great potential. Few injuries at bad times but straight back competing for a place when he was fit.
    Spot on for me. Always been impressed by what I've seen from Vyk, he'll be even better this coming season with experience under his belt.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Slot right into Dylan's position for me

I thought this when he just couldn't get a game and had players like Allen, McGinn and McGeouch ahead of him. He also saw his fellow countryman depart mid-season and I thought he might just join him.

We have had the heart ripped out of our midfield …. now is the time for Slivka to step up and show what he's made of, he definitely has it in him IMO but his failure to put pressure on McGeouch and McGinn leaving him as an afterthought behind them last season puts his ability to make an impact open to question …. but here's hoping he will grasp the opportunity with both hands.

Last season was promising for slivka, showed what he has in his game to make an impact at hibs.he knows the game here now knows what dylans role was in the side so if lennon gives him that role, and he can bring that level of consistency to his game im sure giving a run in the side this guy will surpass dylans affect on the midfield with added goal threat.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I'm a big fan of his, he will do well I know it.

Yup i think he will rival Messi and Ronaldo but may not touch Mpbappe until next year.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    I reckon he'll bd our POTY this year

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I think last season was always the plan for Slivka. Bed him in, let him and his family settle in Edinburgh with one eye on this season. I relay do wish he kicks on this season.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He won’t get a better chance to shine at Hibs than the season coming. He’s shown what he’s got in some limited game time but was hampered by injury and us having a ridiculously strong midfield.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    I think last season was always the plan for Slivka. Bed him in, let him and his family settle in Edinburgh with one eye on this season. I relay do wish he kicks on this season.
    Yep, he was bought as a replacement for SJM.

Can’t remember a bad game either.
    Hard for him to get a run with SJM and Dylan in the side.
    Two good feet, never gives the ball away, always looking forward, what’s not to like. GGTTH!!

Coaching Staff
    Very difficult to get a regular starting spot with the midfielders we had last season.

I expect him to be one of our regular starters this season though, and retain his spot on merit.

Going by some of the replies here it looks like he's going to have to hit the ground running this season.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Slivka was class when he played last season.

The only reason he didn’t play more was due to the quality of our midfield, the fact we kept on winning and injuries.

He’s got nowt to prove to anyone and doesn’t need to step up to anything.

I think Lennon rates him highly and will be delighted to have him on the pitch more this season.