hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B*tcher

Left by mutual consent!

B*tcher

Named new manager of the Philippines national side...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Unlucky for them.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Football or deep sea diving team?

Can a national team get relegated?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football or deep sea diving team?

Can a national team get relegated?

No, which takes away the fear of it.

Or something...

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    No, which takes away the fear of it.

Or something...
    Do you think the Philippines have maybe bought up all the old bbc episodes of Eastenders?

There's going to be a lot of disappointed pat butcher fans at the airport when Pat fails to show.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I wonder if it's possible to make them any worse than they already are?

Dinosaur tactics and bullying for them then!#

I’m over Butcher now. More so after what happened to his son. He’s long gone and that’s all that matters imo.

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I’m over Butcher now. More so after what happened to his son. He’s long gone and that’s all that matters imo.
    What happened to his son?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Humo View Post
    What happened to his son?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Took his own life after battling PTSD.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Took his own life after battling PTSD.
    Terrible. Don't know how you'd even begin to cope with that.

Wish it was bit further away.

Left by mutual consent!
    Spot on. He was a disaster for Hibs (though let's not pretend the majority of fans, myself included, didn't initially see his appointment as a bit of a coup) but the guy's been through a terrible experience since then. For Hibs, that grim era is long gone so it's time to put all that to bed. Hope his new job works out for him.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Being charitable, I can understand him wanting to get as far away from the UK as possible.

No parent should have to endure that.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Don’t think he could get any further away from Easter Road if he tried so its a great appointment in my book.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    He'll be huge over there

@hibs.net private member
    At least he won’t be a pundit on BT now...I hope.

First Team Breakthrough GTMRossaK3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Being charitable, I can understand him wanting to get as far away from the UK as possible.

No parent should have to endure that.

As a very proud and loving father and very proud and loving grandfather I offer my sincere sympathy to Terry regarding his loss. These things don't happen overnight but build up over time so maybe, just maybe, he was already having to deal with this horrendous personal issue while he was our manager so we should just maybe assume this was the case given his previous success and consider this when our fans continue their attack on him. On this basis Terry I wish you the very best and success in your new post and hope you can keep happy memories of your son and do him proud in your new challenge. I'm sure he would be proud!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Yeah don’t think I would wish losing a son on anyone It must have been terrible for him.As a parent you like to think you will go before your children.It must continue to haunt him.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GTMRossaK3 View Post
    As a very proud and loving father and very proud and loving grandfather I offer my sincere sympathy to Terry regarding his loss. These things don't happen overnight but build up over time so maybe, just maybe, he was already having to deal with this horrendous personal issue while he was our manager so we should just maybe assume this was the case given his previous success and consider this when our fans continue their attack on him. On this basis Terry I wish you the very best and success in your new post and hope you can keep happy memories of your son and do him proud in your new challenge. I'm sure he would be proud!

First Team Breakthrough GTMRossaK3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Thank you!

We've got a lot to thank Terry Butcher for. Probably wouldn't have won the SC or now have 13K season ticket holders if he hadn't got us relegated.

Regarding his son. That's a tragedy and no idea how he's coping with that.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Great post.

Life as a Hibee reached an all-time low under Butcher, that cannot be denied, but the highs we've experienced in the 4 years since that time will be what I talk to my kids about in 20 or 30 years.

That fact and thinking about what he has endured as a father allows me to wish him well with his new role and not hold onto petty grudges from the past.

Good luck to him.

I did not know Terry had lost his son in such terrible circumstances.
    As someone who can empathise with Terry being to hell and back,i can only wish him all the best.
    Life is very difficult,too put it mildly,after such a loss.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    He'll be huge over there

indeed

some fans need a scapegoat for our relegation, strange how the players always get away with any abuse/criticism though no one appears to be surprised a load of players were rightly(imo) punted just before he himself got punted, yes he was wrong to publicly tell some players they were rank...but rank they indeed were(again imo) i think it's unfair the amount of stick he gets, LD's first job was to get shot of terry butcher, i bet the under fire chairman at the time felt a lot of pressure drain away after that

oh aye and P.S. butcher was the manager of an inverness caley team when they came and put on one of the best displays by an away team at ER for a long time..imo, not long before he took over the ER gig
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 14-06-2018 at 06:53 PM.

Time to move on from Butcher! He did fine with ICT but just never worked out for us. Managed a soft group of players the total wrong way. But in an adverse sort of way the times experienced under him gave us a shot in the arm which has led to the good times of the present day.

Blog Entries
    Well said sir.

Well said pal.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Occasionally a bellend post or a poster will make me think twice about whether I want to be on .net. Yours is the exact opposite. Excellent post and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    indeed

some fans need a scapegoat for our relegation, strange how the players always get away with any abuse/criticism though no one appears to be surprised a load of players were rightly(imo) punted just before he himself got punted, yes he was wrong to publicly tell some players they were rank...but rank they indeed were(again imo) i think it's unfair the amount of stick he gets, LD's first job was to get shot of terry butcher, i bet the under fire chairman at the time felt a lot of pressure drain away after that

oh aye and P.S. butcher was the manager of an inverness caley team when they came and put on one of the best displays by an away team at ER for a long time..imo, not long before he took over the ER gig

Not sure where to start. Out his depth from the minute he walked through the door.

Ever wondered why an ex England captain, household name, never got a 'big job'?

Dreadful, dreadful manager.