hibs.net Messageboard

Page 100 of 430 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i noticed Aberdeen have sold out the lower north stand (behind the goals)at Murrayfield = 4,600

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm actually starting to have some sympathy for Ann Budge in all this - for me, she's always comes across as a decent sort and I think her reasons for taking them over were she just wanted to 'save an Edinburgh institution' but without doing any actual research into their history and behaviour. Increasingly she's more and more resembling a 'Rabbit caught in the headlights' and by putting her trust in Craig Levein, she's made probably the biggest mistake of her career as Levein's only interested in himself with even Hearts a distant 2nd to his list of priorities !. If she's not careful she'll allow herself to be dragged down to their levels and all the years she spent building her good name will have been wasted !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i noticed Aberdeen have sold out the lower north stand (behind the goals)at Murrayfield = 4,600
    Should be quite a buzz in that section as their team dishes out a doing to the yams

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    I'm actually starting to have some sympathy for Ann Budge in all this - for me, she's always comes across as a decent sort and I think her reasons for taking them over were she just wanted to 'save an Edinburgh institution' but without doing any actual research into their history and behaviour. Increasingly she's more and more resembling a 'Rabbit caught in the headlights' and by putting her trust in Craig Levein, she's made probably the biggest mistake of her career as Levein's only interested in himself with even Hearts a distant 2nd to his list of priorities !. If she's not careful she'll allow herself to be dragged down to their levels and all the years she spent building her good name will have been wasted !
    One of my sources told me Levein was on the pitch with his new signing today, they were waiting for media to show up for the photo opp. Levein was showing the poor laddie how to celebrate a goal!! He ran towards the stands, turned his back to an imaginary crowd and pointed to his back in that way that players do when pointing at their names on their shirts. He then made the laddie do the same thing. Very creepy behaviour from a DOF / manager / 4 6 0 inventor

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Should be quite a buzz in that section as their team dishes out a doing to the yams

i'm not too sure, like someone on the ABE thread mentioned that it's worth having a bet on england winning something,law of averages and all that etc, it's maybe worth putting a few £'s on a hertz win every game, i mean they do HAVE to win a game sometime..surely ?

Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    One of my sources told me Levein was on the pitch with his new signing today, they were waiting for media to show up for the photo opp. Levein was showing the poor laddie how to celebrate a goal!! He ran towards the stands, turned his back to an imaginary crowd and pointed to his back in that way that players do when pointing at their names on their shirts. He then made the laddie do the same thing. Very creepy behaviour from a DOF / manager / 4 6 0 inventor

there's something just not right about him that's for sure, did he not show the new player(whoever he is) how to kick a ball really hard and high, up to the opposite end of the park

He is really weird, I can imagine the cleaners late at night walk into his office to hoover and he's sitting there in just his old 80's Hearts top, 10 empty cans of McEwans lying around him and George Michael playing 'Faith' in the background.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Heard from a few yams that the seat story is a pile of made up rubbish (or done deliberately) but it was the most plausible thing they could come up with to make the inevitable delay look like it's something innocuous, when the truth is this stand is crippling them and they have nae idea what to do about it. Nobody can answer how they're going to pay for all this. Brilliant stuff.
    The story of the seats delay is obviously tosh.

The steel decking now being fitted has been the main delay. It is manufactured in Korea and has been in transit for some time.

The decking acts as the structure cross bracing and the roofing and stand side cladding could not be fitted until the decking is in place or high winds could force the structure out of shape.

I have no idea why this could not have been explained instead of the seat story.

Maybe things have to be kept simple for the Gorgie grunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    While I agree with you that Budge's motives were altruistic its hard to believe she didn't know what she was getting into. Is it not the case that she had been a Hearts season ticket holder for a good number of years before taking over the club? in which case she should have been well aware of not only all aspects of the history of the club but the attitude of the fans as well.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He is really weird, I can imagine the cleaners late at night walk into his office to hoover and he's sitting there in just his old 80's Hearts top, 10 empty cans of McEwans lying around him and George Michael playing 'Faith' in the background.
    I think it would be cans of tennents, the cans with the photos of the models on them, and as the cleaner walks in and see's him sitting there in his pish stained y fronts and ill fitting hearts top he would point at the cans and say "I could have any burd on those tinnies,ken"

Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post
    And I'm pretty sure the decking still doesn't go all the way to the top. Bigger crane anyone?
    Or the bottom? Is the front row going to be pitchside, or have they still to build the front section? Looks like it's about 25 feet off the ground at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    I think it would be cans of tennents, the cans with the photos of the models on them, and as the cleaner walks in and see's him sitting there in his pish stained y fronts and ill fitting hearts top he would point at the cans and say "I could have any burd on those tinnies,ken"
    😂😂

I'd have liked to have seen him demonstrate the "manager skulks onto the pitch for a few seconds, gets roundly booed by the fans then shuffles off", the iconic Ian Cathro Tynecastle moment.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Correct. Also the client (the Scottish Office IIRC) kept changing their demands even after construction was well underway). Miralles' first detailed design fully complied with the brief but was already well over the £50m that the SO had announced. By the time the project was finished, there was twice as much floor area/accommodation than was originally planned - all at the request of the client.
    Its pretty hard to aee how it woyld ever have worked with half as much floor space and accomodation - woyls have been a disaster

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    The turnstiles for the new stand are due to be installed on Monday but the walls aren't built for them yet... the brickies who walked off-site yesterday were the ones building them.

Shame.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    A new addition to the cluster******.

A new planning application just lodged .

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov...tion=firstPage

Its for a new plant room under the Roseburn Stand to house gas fired hot water boilers and the electrical mains distribution boards .

Being the Yams this work may be underway already, if not they'll be lucky to be ready for the New Year, and I'm not sure which new year !

This is an outrageous slur - everyone knows hearts dont have cleaners.

Heard tonight that another two brickies walked off site today, arguments over the turnstyle build, they were told to re-do some work but weren't happy with the terms on offer.

The lift shaft is becoming increasingly problematic, it has been built in the same manner as The Leaning Tower of Pisa and is several centimetres off between top and bottom, it could be costly when it comes to putting the lift in position.

They've also ordered the wrong size of lintels for the openings at the lift doors, I hope they're not going to do any short cuts to remedy this problem.

Morale is at an all time low on site, some of the management are at breaking point, I'm hearing from some involved that its one of the worst run jobs they've ever been on.

January now a more likely completion date.
    Also, according to the schematic plans, the lift shaft runs right through where the large reception desk is meant to be situated.

This is comedy gold

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Also, according to the schematic plans, the lift shaft runs right through where the large reception desk is meant to be situated.

This is comedy gold

Surely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Correct. Also the client (the Scottish Office IIRC) kept changing their demands even after construction was well underway). Miralles' first detailed design fully complied with the brief but was already well over the £50m that the SO had announced. By the time the project was finished, there was twice as much floor area/accommodation than was originally planned - all at the request of the client.
    I worked the the Scottish Executive at the time and while not involved some friends were.

The client was the UK Government and those working in Edinburgh 'were just following orders'.

Many of the changes came about as a direct result of a step change in the terror threat during the build and how protecting against this bounced between the terror advisers down south and those up here getting on with it.
    Space to let

An extract from the Budgies statement 10 days ago.

"In terms of the new stand development, I am delighted to say that it remains on schedule for opening on 5th November 2017. The staging is now going up, the roofing is underway and the piazza will shortly start to take shape. You will see a huge difference over the next 10 days."

Has anyone got pictures for 10 days ago and today?

We could play spot the difference :-)
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    An extract from the Budgies statement 10 days ago.

"In terms of the new stand development, I am delighted to say that it remains on schedule for opening on 5th November 2017. The staging is now going up, the roofing is underway and the piazza will shortly start to take shape. You will see a huge difference over the next 10 days."

Has anyone got pictures for 10 days ago and today?

We could play spot the difference :-)
    It's a typo. The pineapple is being put on top of the ham today.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Taken 2 minutes ago

Another

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Another

Actually, the new High School looks really smart.

Much nicer than the new building opposite.

Popped over to sickback and our old friend Craigie Boy having a go that this thread is over 100 pages long. I'm surprised it's only that to be honest.

How dare we have a thread on our neighbours who were shouting from the rooftops how grand their new stand will look. Not like they have been lied to is it?

Nothing like the original plans, conveniently forgot to order the seats, materials used are cheap as chips and in all honesty is one of the worst looking stands I've actually witnessed.

How are these clowns seriously thinking we are (wait for it)...... Jealous 😂😂

Joking aside it's very worrying the utter ***** they take in from Budge and co each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Popped over to sickback and our old friend Craigie Boy having a go that this thread is over 100 pages long. I'm surprised it's only that to be honest.

How dare we have a thread on our neighbours who were shouting from the rooftops how grand their new stand will look. Not like they have been lied to is it?

Nothing like the original plans, conveniently forgot to order the seats, materials used are cheap as chips and in all honesty is one of the worst looking stands I've actually witnessed.

How are these clowns seriously thinking we are (wait for it)...... Jealous 😂😂

Joking aside it's very worrying the utter ***** they take in from Budge and co each day.
    Point of order.

They don't have a rooftop yet to shout from!
    Space to let

Point of order.

😂

That my friend is a valid point!

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    Point of order.

Aye but they will and when you go up there then climb a 60ft ladder, you'll be able to see the flag poles on top of the castle.