hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    I could maybe accept a 1-0, but 3 at home against this opposition is disgraceful

2. Log in to remove the advert

Absolute disgrace. I don't care if we won at ibrox, not beating Hamilton at home is unnaceptable never mind being played off the park and losing 3-1. We will get nowhere near top 3/4 if we can't put away teams at home
    Last edited by DTS; 19-08-2017 at 03:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Team didn't turn up. Disappointing but not wholly unexpected. Need to put this behind this and go again.

Ouch ouch ouch. We've been absolutely flattened by an average side here. Oh well, a month or so of thinking Hibs were a really good team is better than nothing!

Interesting week in store for the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No point beating gers at ibrox only to lose home against Hamilton. Pish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This the voice of realness

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Pumped. To a man we were a disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Goal of the season as far as the BBC commentator is concerned. Barcelona type goal apparently.
    To be fair it was class but our defence let them play about 5 passes in and about the 10 yard mark - drag backs and all... 😏

Pathetic from start to finish, thought they could just turn up and got horses from probably the worst team in the SPL

Our defence is a shambles and we take the only decent defender off it's laughable. Pish poor performance we need to learn quickly from this and move on.

Performance today was totally unacceptable. ****in woeful!!
    Last edited by Bobo; 19-08-2017 at 04:14 PM.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    I could maybe accept a 1-0, but 3 at home against this opposition is disgraceful

There are plenty of this type of opposition in this league(Ross County) we have to learn fast, and take our chances when they come!!!

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Comeback's on

First Team Breakthrough NZ Green's Avatar
    well at least our goal difference has improved.

Left by mutual consent!
    Who scored for us?

Stokes

Testimonial Due
    a few questions answered today ....feet back on the ground...

Overall a well-deserved victory for a decent Hamilton TEAM - we were poor all over the park, but particularly in defence - may be a good lesson for the team at this early stage of the season: no point winning in Glasgow if you slip up at home -

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    Absolute disgrace. I don't care if we won at ibrox, not beating Hamilton at home is unnaceptable never mind being played off the park and losing 3-0. We will get nowhere near top 3/4 if we can't put away teams at home
    We're only 3 games in mate, calm down buddy. Did Aberdeen not lose to Saintees 5-1 at home a couple of seasons ago - finished second ? You have to credit Hamilton, excellent both halves - countered well and thoroughly deserved the 3 points. Games like this will happen this season I think, better opposition and teams that defend a whole lot better than in the Championship.

We go again

Reminds me of the loss to St Mirren last year.

Ambrose needs dropped. Urgently. So does Whittaker.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    We played well at first but did not win the physical battle. Our defense gifted them 2 goals with the stupid tackle at the edge of the box and the stupid pass to a Hamilton player on the edge of the box. Without those goals we would probably have won the game. On the up side, Barker is a player.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    We're only 3 games in mate, calm down buddy. Did Aberdeen not lose to Saintees 5-1 at home a couple of seasons ago - finished second ? You have to credit Hamilton, excellent both halves - countered well and thoroughly deserved the 3 points. Games like this will happen this season I think, better opposition and teams that defend a whole lot better than in the Championship.

We go again
    Games like this can't be accepted and they should rightly be viewed as a disgrace. Aberdeen maybe bounced back from a terrible result but i bet they viewed the result as unacceptable. The big test now is how we react in our next game. I wonder if the players took today for granted as well

Awful. Couldn't get the basics right today, totally outplayed and outfought by Hamilton who had their game plan spot on. Maybe Lennon should have been more focused on the preparation for this match rather than what happened at Ibrox.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    Whittaker got turned inside out a couple of times at ibrox last week and IMO seems off the pace. The good thing this season is we have a stronger squad so players can get dropped and we have a good replacement ready to try and cement a spot.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    We played well at first but did not win the physical battle. Our defense gifted them 2 goals with the stupid tackle at the edge of the box and the stupid pass to a Hamilton player on the edge of the box. Without those goals we would probably have won the game. On the up side, Barker is a player.
    Whole back four looked ragged - Paul Hanlon knows he gifted the 2 goals but he'll get his head up and move on.

Strange Lennon changed the first 11 and dropped Slivka - think that was wrong with hindsight. Good early season wake up call which all sides need at times.

Couple of things irked me today - corners (defending and attacking) - we clearly don't work hard enough on that side of the game as we never appear to fully utilise our height advantages against sides. And tempo from kick off - we really need to press first 5 minutes and set the tone for the game. I'm not talking about being reckless or headless chickens, but getting the ball quickly into the opposition half and into the box. We are far too relaxed and slow first 10 minutes in games and it allows away sides a chance to compose themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    Good to hear Barker looks good. He wont be impressed by us though!! I feel Bartley would have been useful to have on but its if's and butt's. Just sounds like we lost our place second half.

Vexing...

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    Games like this can't be accepted and they should rightly be viewed as a disgrace. Aberdeen maybe bounced back from a terrible result but i bet they viewed the result as unacceptable. The big test now is how we react in our next game. I wonder if the players took today for granted as well
    Don't think any defeat will be 'acceptable' but sometimes you have to concede that for whatever reason the away side is better on the day. Today work rate, desire and composure won the day for Hamilton. Fully deserved victory and could have been more.

Key word today was probably complacency - which you simply can't get away with in the top league. Have to work hard and close down quicker in this league. However we are sitting top 6 and it's a first defeat in a long time, so I'm willing to move on and look forward to a hungrier showing next week at Dens.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    Jesus man chill the **** out! There's many more things in life that are a disgrace. Spit the foam out your mouth and take a few deep breaths. YES it can be accepted, it's 22 guys playing a game of sport, its acceptable that we might end up on the losing side from time to time. You're gonna have to accept this I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    No they don't.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: nervous_pee
    I think we'll be fine, wake-up call for a few players today

its now about how we respond, and i think we will

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Well............ that was pi55, no other words can describe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are three first teamers yet to impress me this season and they are Whitty, Swanson and Marciano.