hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cannae be any worse than having a strangely dressed bloated halfwits intruding on your space and peace by marching up and down the street banging drums and blowing whistles.
    Tell me about it, I ****in hate the BB's

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jayjaygrant
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm willing to bet that you're in your twenties like Leigh. I probably would have reacted in a similar fashion if I were his age and I had been provoked. Nothing to do with anything other than immaturity on my part. You don't think about political symbolism in an atmosphere like that no matter how much you are told. It's about the athletic competition first and foremost and after that there might be a bit of room for tribalism.

To the OP, I totally understand but nobody understands until they have wisdom.
    Totally get your point and your bang on! 25. I do understand where your coming from, age does play a part.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Tell me about it, I ****in hate the BB's
    https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/se...sigi=12jh2h8id

An example of the sort of halfwit I was on about, grown men as well, deary me

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Blog Entries
    I don't think that Griffiths' antics can be interpreted in any other way than to incite a response from the opposition fans. A bit like Gascoigne's flute playing escapade. Some might see that as harmless banter others will see it as dangerous provocation. The authorities have to deal with it or it could result in unfortunate consequences. I heard a bit of a report saying that Rodgers had leapt to his defence but I'm not sure if it was for something he did during the match or for his post match behaviour. I must add that the home support behaviour was worse and deserves action from the authorities.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Seen a pic from the game where he gives a 5-1 sign to the Linfield fans as he lines up to take a corner. Possibly just before the half bottle of Buckie got launched? Nowt to do with scarves, but just sayin.........

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    Seen a pic from the game where he gives a 5-1 sign to the Linfield fans as he lines up to take a corner. Possibly just before the half bottle of Buckie got launched? Nowt to do with scarves, but just sayin.........
    I watched the game and he did the gesture a few minutes before he got pelted with all the stuff. I think it was four minutes before at the previous corner. Some people on twitter are trying to suggest he was booked for the gesture, which isn't true.

United we stand here....

First Team Breakthrough

Griffiths tying scarf to post

This whole thread is embarrassing. He can tie a scarf to the post if he wants. Highly doubt we'd be criticising a Hibs player if they tied a scarf to the post at Tynecastle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Hate crime

No wonder society is on its arse with all these politically correct bammers that are offended by everything.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Griffiths should be made an example of and sent out on loan to us to mend his ways. FFS what was he thinking of, people could have died.

This.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Whole point being there were no Celtic fans present so how was he going to celebrate with them?
    There was a small section of around 200 Celtic fans. Presumably locals who managed to get tickets and then sat together by the police.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Dragged in front of a court facing a charge for tying a scarf to the post?

I think you've had enough tonight mate!
    In Northern Ireland it's illegal to wear colours in the workplace and at my work there are induction courses where you're told what can and can't be done. Such conundrums as whistling 'fields of athenry' may actually mean you are a Liverpool fan; having flag pictures on the inside of your locker. I think Griffiths was an arse tying the scarf and wasn't surprised he got targeted by the knobs in the crowd.

I couldn't care less what any Celtic player does but if you think that anyone would end up charged with a hate crime for tying a scarf round a goalpost then I would suggest you read up on what a hate crime actually is.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Whole point being there were no Celtic fans present so how was he going to celebrate with them?
    There were several there. Linfield opened a stand and turnstile for them.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-40614761

Quote Originally Posted by RIP Bestie View Post
    Had no drink dafty. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean I'm pissed.
    Have a wee think to yourself about the situation and how inflamitory the action could have been.
    it was stupid and believe me I have seen people taken to court for an awful lot less facing a charge of a hate crime..
    A hate crime?

Left by mutual consent!
    The *******s made him play on a Friday night, when he should have been on the pull up toon. Hell mend them.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP Bestie View Post

Why would you do this?
    i love Griffiths and I understand that he took abuse and had things thrown at him. But for me he really had to start acting like a professional and leading by example.
    This was a high profile game for all that is wrong in society never mind football.
    This game had to be rearranged due to religious hatred.and you would expect that the professionals involved would not try to light any fuses.
    If a supporter was seen to be doing anything that was deemed to ignite hatred in a situation like this, let's make no bones about it, he/she would have been lifted and dragged in front of a court facing a charge of a hate crime.
    Leigh let himself down here, it could be argued that he done the same against Hearts. It was irresponsible and stupid and poured fuel, unnecessarily, on an already poisonous and unacceptable situation.
    Well done super Leigh. Get right up that scabby bigoted mob.!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Griffiths should be made an example of and sent out on loan to us to mend his ways. FFS what was he thinking of, people could have died.
    It's the only reasonable solution to the outrage, imho.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I hope the stupid Linfield louts who chucked bottles at him were incensed by his actions.

Typical cowardly snowflakes - happy to try and injure the guy by throwing stuff from the safety of the crowd but then all upset by a scarf.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I hope the stupid Linfield louts who chucked bottles at him were incensed by his actions.

Typical cowardly snowflakes - happy to try and injure the guy by throwing stuff from the safety of the crowd but then all upset by a scarf.
    this. Police Glasgow might even be able to identify a few faces in the crowd to help them fill in the missing numbers on scotland's crime of the century enquiry.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

No problem with it. Football fans want to dish it out but can't take it back.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Dragged in front of a court facing a charge for tying a scarf to the post?

I think you've had enough tonight mate!
    No it was a silly thing to do.

I couldn't care less what LG gets up to in his guise as a Sellik player ...... but provocation or not its a bit daft for anybody to fan the flames of what is already an incendiary situation. Having said that, given their behaviour the Linfield fans are no doubt assured of a warm welcome in Glasgow and no doubt the hundreds of their fellow local knuckle draggers who will be desperate to join them on the night as well .... it should be a laugh a minute .....not.

Who cares.He plays for Celtic.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    It was a stupid thing to do, but hardly worth the furore.

On the other hand anything that sees celtc and their players in bother is fine by me so i hope UEFA absolutely hammer him and them.

There really was no need for it.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Did you see the guy who ran on to the pitch to attack LG, he looked like killing came easy to him, he looked a f***ing nutter, LG will get fined by Celtc for the 5-1 gesture he made when he took a corner and it seemed to kick off from there.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    What's a lesser greens scarf on a goalpost compared to Souness charging on to the pitch following a hostile (is there any other type) Istanbul derby and planting a giant flag of his team, Galatasaray, by the centre circle of their bitter opponents, Fenerbahce. Now that is truly incendiary!!
    He is an absolute hero amongst Galatasaray fans for doing that!

Remarkable that this is the only fallout from that game given the BS surrounding it but would have thought Brendan Rogers would have demanded that his players wouldn't react to any provocation or for that matter encourage anything. Interesting in the context of Bonucci's move to Milan after alleged dressing room clashes.

Strange parallels with LG and them with the hand gesture. Hardly a crime though.

Isn't that scarf stuff a bit Sounessesque?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm willing to bet that you're in your twenties like Leigh. I probably would have reacted in a similar fashion if I were his age and I had been provoked. Nothing to do with anything other than immaturity on my part. You don't think about political symbolism in an atmosphere like that no matter how much you are told. It's about the athletic competition first and foremost and after that there might be a bit of room for tribalism.

To the OP, I totally understand but nobody understands until they have wisdom.

I completely agree with your statements.

Ive been at games against this team in N Ireland and seen for myself just how bad these supporters behave. Its like going into a cauldron of hate if you do not have red white and blue in your colours.

when i didnt stand for the National Anthem before a game i was glared at from all directions! Its just a mini Ibrox as far as i am concerned.

Griffithis is not the brightest tool though is he? The hostile atmosphere should have been enough and the history of this part of Ireland is something he must be aware of. The missiles being thrown at him were a disgrace and his booking was farcical. Why would he be wasting time when there was still 30mins to go in the game and they were 2-0 up? the referee needs to have a look at himself there!

Even after this he manages to get dressed and come out again before the crowd have cleared and tie a Celtic scarf to the post, indicating Celtic owned the stadium? Not a very smart thing to do was it? they have a return game at Parkhead to come and 1500 tickets have been sold.......

The Glasgow police will not be taking any sort of crap from anyone that night and wont be pleased either that Griffiths has just stoked the flames!!

Im all against religion and politics being involved in all sport let alone football but this just shows Griffiths immaturity in these matters and IMHO was such a stupid thing to do. No doubt in some people's minds he will be a "hero" and the story goes on and on!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post
    In Northern Ireland it's illegal to wear colours in the workplace and at my work there are induction courses where you're told what can and can't be done. Such conundrums as whistling 'fields of athenry' may actually mean you are a Liverpool fan; having flag pictures on the inside of your locker. I think Griffiths was an arse tying the scarf and wasn't surprised he got targeted by the knobs in the crowd.
    He was targeted before doing that. People who get upset over a scarf tied to a goalpost deserve to be upset. You'd have to be a right bellend to get worked up over something so trivial.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    No it was a silly thing to do.
    It was, but so what? Some people won't be satisfied until there is absolutely no banter left in the game.