hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotty Allan

I reserve my loathing for players who have never played for Hibs. Allan was Hibs' best player for a season and went for a decent fee. That'll do for me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The world doesn't work like that. If he'd stayed at Hibs we might not have won the cup, and we categorically would not have won it in the manner in which we did. It was perfect in every way.

Wee 'Scotty' Allan can rot
    The papers would've had a field day in the run up to the final. Probably with some photoshopped pictures of SA on the Sevco cup winners bus the day before the match.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    That sums him up though, doesn't it? Looks great in a youtube video but when the going gets tough he was missing. He was great against Rangers, Hearts and Dundee United that season, less so against Raith/Falkirk etc.
    he was the best player in the league that season, by far

That sums him up though, doesn't it? Looks great in a youtube video but when the going gets tough he was missing. He was great against Rangers, Hearts and Dundee United that season, less so against Raith/Falkirk etc.

You think he would've been killing himself like Fyvie and Henderson at 2-1 down in the cup final? No chance.
    When was he not great when the going got "tough"? Against teams like Dumbarton? Who he scored against in that video.

Well you said yourself he is great against teams like rangers so I think he would of been just fine in the final.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by high bee View Post
    The papers would've had a field day in the run up to the final. Probably with some photoshopped pictures of SA on the Sevco cup winners bus the day before the match.
    Hibs might not have even been playing in the final nevermind playing Rangers, had Allan still been at the club we could've been pumped out first round.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    he was the best player in the league that season, by far
    Wasn't even Hibs best player IMO

@hibs.net private member
    Wasn't even Hibs best player IMO
    Who was?

My head says good player who would add something to our squad especially after we are promoted.

My hearts says **** him, he made his bed and he can lie in it. He'll be counting his cash whilst McGinn and Fyvie count their medals.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Who was?
    McGeouch was excellent, so was Fyvie when we signed him in Jan. Cummings/Malonga scored about 40 goals between them. Allan was good, no doubt, but he wasn't our best player by far.

Left by mutual consent! WS Hibs's Avatar
    I don't like Scott Allan, but I don't hate him as much as some people seem to. Hibs did pretty well out of his "betrayal" - £300k, Dylan McGeouch and Liam Henderson on loan for a season. If he'd left us completely high and dry, I'd have a lot more animosity towards him.

I think Scott Allan was great at Hibs, but I don't think he was quite as great as some people remember him. He was certainly a fantastic player to have in the big games with his spark of creativity - particularly that 4-0 against Rangers.

Overall, I'd say that if Lennon's thinking of going after Scott Allan, he'd be better holding off until the summer. Hopefully we'll have Premiership football back at Easter Road and if Scott Allan wants to use Hibs as a stepping stone, he's welcome to it if he can produce a similar season at the top flight level as he did last time. Personally wouldn't let my personal dislike of Allan get in the way of success on the field for Hibs, and a player of his quality would surely help us out.

@hibs.net private member
    McGeouch was excellent, so was Fyvie when we signed him in Jan. Cummings/Malonga scored about 40 goals between them. Allan was good, no doubt, but he wasn't our best player by far.
    All of them were better than him or one in particular?

I take ur point about McGeouch as he was very good that year but I still think Allan was better, easily.

The over riding factor is that off the players mentioned only 1 had any interest from other teams, and eventually moved to the current Scottish champions.

Allan was our best player that season, anyone saying differently is bitter at the way he let us IMO.

He'll end up at the PBS. Unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member
    Honestly don't understand folk wanting him back. We have about plenty of central midfielders and after the way he left the club I don't think he deserves to play for us again.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    People saying Allan wasn't that good for us are letting his actions cloud there judgement. Scott Allan was one of the best midfielders I've seen at Hibs.

tried to weasel a move to The Sevco, whilst they were our biggest title rivals. Let him rot. Should also be mentioned that he has shown on countless times through his career that he's an arse.

I take ur point about McGeouch as he was very good that year but I still think Allan was better, easily.

The over riding factor is that off the players mentioned only 1 had any interest from other teams, and eventually moved to the current Scottish champions.

Allan was our best player that season, anyone saying differently is bitter at the way he let us IMO.
    What if I said it all throughout that season?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHibby93 View Post
    tried to weasel a move to The Sevco, whilst they were our biggest title rivals. Let him rot. Should also be mentioned that he has shown on countless times through his career that he's an arse.
    Did he try to weasel a move? They wanted him, they made that quite clear. He told Hibs he wanted to go, I think. In what way did he "weasel it"?

The boy's a fud. He showed it at dundee utd to get his (failed) move down south. Rescued by Stubbs and given a platform to show his talents he showed his fudness again to agitate for a move to his heroes, the rangers. He then further showed just how much of an absolute fud he was by sticking it to the huns and taking the 50 pieces of silver from sellic to rot on their bench.
    A shameful waste of talent but he's a fud. Clearly only interested in £££'s and completely ungrateful for any second or third chance he's been given.
    If he drops out the game into complete obscurity I won't shed a tear.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Or maybe they just have a different opinion.

Gamer IDs

You'd have been wrong for a longer period than I'd originally thought...I suppose.

Left by mutual consent! WS Hibs's Avatar
    I'm not quite sure the 'rescued by Stubbs' stuff is accurate. He took a chance on him, but there were other clubs in for him after he was released by West Brom. He wouldn't have been without a club for long.

@hibs.net private member
    I'd say u were wrong then, like just as u are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Or maybe they just have a different opinion.
    True they do, I forgot that....

Quote Originally Posted by WS Hibs View Post
    I'm not quite sure the 'rescued by Stubbs' stuff is accurate. He took a chance on him, but there were other clubs in for him after he was released by West Brom. He wouldn't have been without a club for long.
    And I doubt he'll be short of offers this time either

Agreed, I think Allan's performances for us have got better and better the longer he's been away. On his day, once every 3/4 weeks he was great. He also had a good number of games where he constantly gave the ball away and didn't track back though. That season McGeough was just as important to our side, if not more so IMO. McGeough was more consistent but didn't have a performance like Allan's in the 4-0 rout of the huns.

He's not anywhere near as good as he thinks he is and he doesn't appear to be good for team morale. Not for me.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Can't see it happening but would take him back in a minute. Him and McGinn together in the midfield would be a fantastic pairing. IMO we've missed someone to play that killer pass since he left. Again imo a far better player than McGeoch, he didn't get player of the season in the league by mistake. One of the most positive players I've seen play for Hibs. Every time he got the ball his first instinct was to try and do something to influence the game.

i don't really care if he isn't popular for his antics last season I care about us getting promoted. The Scott Allan who played the full season with us would go a long way to ensuring that happens

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    People saying Allan wasn't that good for us are letting his actions cloud there judgement. Scott Allan was one of the best midfielders I've seen at Hibs.
    I agree, he was a joy to watch.

United we stand here....

Fantastic player, would be an excellent signing, but I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

Acted like an erse to our club.

Weasel.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

100%

Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    Such a waste.

Look at John McGinn - three years younger and less natural talent but already he's played about twice as many first team games, with 2 Scotland caps to boot. Scott Allan should ask himself why that is the case.
    In a nutshell..

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    If he ends up at Dundee Utd folk will blame Petrie for not bringing him back