hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Hibs to play at Murderfield

Should we consider. Jam is get 24k including 6k Dons fans. If we staged Hertz, Huns and tic home games there what do you think crowds would be, 30k, 35k, 40k?. If we budget at 30k for 5 home games the extra turnover compared to full houses at ER could be 5 x 13k fans at ave £20 =65k x20=£1.3m. Subtract 300k for rental/ security that's an extra 1 million bottom line per year. Over 3 seasons an extra £3 million could buy us:
    £1 mill to fund indoor full size pitch at East Mains PLUS £2 million to fund top players and keep them enabling a Europa league challenge. A notional £700k per year is £14k per week that could top up current wages of 4 top players to around 7/8k per week. Could help keep Super McGinn or fund higher level new players. Speculative I know but what are thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    We play at Easter Road at the other side of the city......NO.

No. There's a bit more to Football than just money.

Hibs play at Easter Road, on which a decent wedge has been judiciously spent on a complete renovation during my lifetime so it's not a tip like Tynecastle

As the song says "at Easter Road we play"
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Testimonial Due
    Having watched some of the game on Alba, it is a cracking pitch, I think its one of the hybrid type.

Don't think I would ever consider it for our home games, but has to be a venue for Cup Semi-Finals?

fill in the corners

Rather than Murrayfield, we should be giving careful consideration to filling in the corners at ER. At least a feasibility study could be made. The work could be done in stages, with no great upheaval as at PBS, several English clubs have done so, in the end we could get the 30,000 capacity,

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having watched some of the game on Alba, it is a cracking pitch, I think its one of the hybrid type.

Don't think I would ever consider it for our home games, but has to be a venue for Cup Semi-Finals?
    It is a hybrid, remember the SRU had to renew it a few years ago as the old one cut up badly. As for playing semi finals there I can't see that happening. The rent money should stay in football not given to the SRU.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    I want hibs to focus on winnng games at easter road. The stage is set.

They are there because they LIED about the status of the mega stand.

Trying to profit from their own mistakes and selling too many ST's to allow them to play in front of 3 stands.

They knew this all along.

We have our own UEFA/FIFA compliant stadium.

24,000 at game with 8,000 Dons fans means 16,000 yams turned up.

Bearing in mind they have 15,000 ST and gave away tickets so less than 1000 walk ups fir the yams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by jijihibby View Post
    Rather than Murrayfield, we should be giving careful consideration to filling in the corners at ER. At least a feasibility study could be made. The work could be done in stages, with no great upheaval as at PBS, several English clubs have done so, in the end we could get the 30,000 capacity,
    Do we really require a 30,000 capacity stadium ?

Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    Should we consider. Jam is get 24k including 6k Dons fans. If we staged Hertz, Huns and tic home games there what do you think crowds would be, 30k, 35k, 40k?. If we budget at 30k for 5 home games the extra turnover compared to full houses at ER could be 5 x 13k fans at ave £20 =65k x20=£1.3m. Subtract 300k for rental/ security that's an extra 1 million bottom line per year. Over 3 seasons an extra £3 million could buy us:
    £1 mill to fund indoor full size pitch at East Mains PLUS £2 million to fund top players and keep them enabling a Europa league challenge. A notional £700k per year is £14k per week that could top up current wages of 4 top players to around 7/8k per week. Could help keep Super McGinn or fund higher level new players. Speculative I know but what are thoughts?
    Novelty at moment. Next time Aberdeen wouldn't bring as many and Hearts would sell less and less each game.

You may get more for the big games but that would be only because you can get more away fans in.

Overall I think if Hibs moved there within 6 months the crowd for non cat a games would be the same as at Easter road but with rent to pay!
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post

Terrible idea, we play at Easter Rod, lets concentrate on filling up that and look further than just trying to earn a few extra quid.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    It is a hybrid, remember the SRU had to renew it a few years ago as the old one cut up badly. As for playing semi finals there I can't see that happening. The rent money should stay in football not given to the SRU.
    I was putting the semi forward, only as an alternative to 2 east coast teams always having to trudge through to Glasgow on a Sunday with no trains running.

I know they would never dare ask the Uglies to play any semi or final away from Glasgow!!!

I said on the other thread but how are Hearts allowed to make money from increased attendances due to their own bad planning?

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    I said on the other thread but how are Hearts allowed to make money from increased attendances due to their own bad planning?
    They can't, Murrayfield's become yet another money pit for them

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    What the hertz do today we most certainly will not do tomorrow. It would be a path to ruination if ever we did.

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post

Murrayfield isn't cheap to rent, when the American football was there they left to go to Hampden because it was costing around £65K to rent per game, Hampden was half that price and that was 20 years ago, prices have increased in that time.

Hearts will not have made money from yesterday.
    Owning one stadium and renting another is not good business.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Spot on. Murrayfield was the winner yesterday. Making yourself unintentionally homeless is just embarrassing.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

We'd also be giving away much of the "home advantage" against our 3 biggest rivals.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    They are there because they LIED about the status of the mega stand.

Trying to profit from their own mistakes and selling too many ST's to allow them to play in front of 3 stands.

They knew this all along.

We have our own UEFA/FIFA compliant stadium.

24,000 at game with 8,000 Dons fans means 16,000 yams turned up.

Bearing in mind they have 15,000 ST and gave away tickets so less than 1000 walk ups fir the yams.

And the tickets were being given away...

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Other than keeping the rest of us entertained why would anyone want to follow a yam business, football or financial model?

Let's not forget the real reason they're at Murrayfield and it's looking like they're not going to be buying many seats with the "profits" in light of the numbers.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    And the tickets were being given away...
    *insert me rolling my eyes!!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Cynic in me says that they looked at Murrayfield as another way to wring more cash out of their supporters/customers. 16000 home fans adds up to the same as 384,000 locked out at Tynie. If it backfires and costs them, well that will be poetic justice. Murrayfield's owners might want to check the bog signs and towel rails are still in place after they leave and aren't being hawked as authentic momentoes.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Is this a wind up? 😂😂😂

We will be playing at Murrayfield. It will be at the end of the year and will be because those idiots will still have a stand unfinished.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Do we really require a 30,000 capacity stadium ?
    No

I drove past it with a punter yesterday and their stand looks like at least 3 months away from being finished.

No way. Even the jambos dont really want to play there.What i would say is if we ever have to play a cup semi or final against them again it should be played at Murrayfield.Common sense.