hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Hibs v Molde

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    16,303 I think - sounded like that's what the announcer said
    Which shows how the official attendances at league games are exaggerated by including the no-show ST holders. There was a lot more at the game tonight than on Sunday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Decent result again good team, no poor performances but stand outs for me was Porteous, we have one hell of a player there. Still very much in the game, they never had a shot at goal all game, clean sheet was important, just half time.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    16,303 I think - sounded like that's what the announcer said
    16,294 according to Hibs on twitter.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Decent result as we didn’t concede an away goal, even though I don’t think Laidlaw had a save to make. I feel it will be difficult over there but I am confident in this Hibs team to get a result over in Norway.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    That was cagey as ****. Did well though.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReg! View Post
    Take the draw, it gives our new players a little more time to get used to the squad. I really want Slivka to do well but he doesn’t half go missing throughout games. Stevie M played well, he’s gonna score a lot of goals for us this season.

Need to show some patience with him I think, but he does need to improve.

Thought Slivka played well, did a lot of the dirty work as well as making some decent runs, regular football will see him get better.

First Team Regular ForeverHibs93's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xox TopLad xox
    I’m surprised at the negativity in the stands at the end of the game, people around me moaning about a 0-0 home draw in Europe. That was a very decent result for us.

Yes, we should have probably won it as we had all the shots/chances.

The most important thing tonight was that we didn’t concede and give them an away goal.

I have faith in us going over there and grabbing a goal!

Stand outs for me was Porteous - had a few shaky moments but recovered well, Stevie Mallan - some player, I didn’t expect him to ace as good an engine as he has had since signing with us. Also a wee shout out to Marv - bullied them and rally relishes getting stuck in which I think is something our team lacks.

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    That was a massive performance tonight against a decent side, very hopeful we can progress

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Mallan made some great cross field balls tonight. Almost SJM esque..
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Coaching Staff
    Really solid and intelligent performance tonight against a technically good and fit side. Game management is getting better as each tie is played and it's great experience for the likes of Porteous, Shaw and Mallan.

Interesting to hear Neil say he wants another wide man in which makes me think our interest in Hayes isn't over. Could be some more fun and games with Celtic after all

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Must admit I'm really surprised at all the praise for Porteous tonight. I must add I think he's a cracking player with bags of potential and was amazing against Motherwell.

But I'm sorry I thought he was average at best tonight. Their number 17 bossed him most of the game and was wasteful in possession more than once. I think that's down to age and experience though and night's lie this will only help him. I reckon he'll go on to be the best centre half we've had in decades.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Must admit I'm really surprised at all the praise for Porteous tonight. I must add I think he's a cracking player with bags of potential and was amazing against Motherwell.

But I'm sorry I thought he was average at best tonight. Their number 17 bossed him most of the game and was wasteful in possession more than once. I think that's down to age and experience though and night's lie this will only help him. I reckon he'll go on to be the best centre half we've had in decades.
    Yeah, you can tell that with all the free shots we gave them

Jeezo

@hibs.net private member
    Thought they were very comfortable on the ball but never had any bite about them. Though Sir David had scored with the header and when was the last time we had a shot hit the bar then go in.

Left by mutual consent!

Total opposite of how I saw it. He was excellent

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

Not sure I agree with you on that, I thought he was very good. What I would say though is that I thought Efe Ambrose was our stand out defender, thought he was different class tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Really solid and intelligent performance tonight against a technically good and fit side. Game management is getting better as each tie is played and it's great experience for the likes of Porteous, Shaw and Mallan.

Interesting to hear Neil say he wants another wide man in which makes me think our interest in Hayes isn't over. Could be some more fun and games with Celtic after all
    Given Hayes is starting games for Celtic, there is no chance of us signing him.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Stewboy View Post

Jeezo
    Like I said I thought it was an average workman like performance. Wasn't bad but certainly isn't worth singling out for praise.

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Like I said I thought it was an average workman like performance. Wasn't bad but certainly isn't worth singling out for praise.
    Funny how others see it - I thought he was excellent tonight and unlucky not to get MOM.

If ever there was a contrast in defenders... Porteous and Efe

Quote Originally Posted by Stewboy View Post

Jeezo
    Don't think they had one on target. Brilliant result. All to play for next week.

GGTTH

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Auckland Hibs View Post
    Funny how others see it - I thought he was excellent tonight and unlucky not to get MOM.
    Totally! And that's the beauty of it all I suppose.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Given Hayes is starting games for Celtic, there is no chance of us signing him.
    They're getting Arzani and Roberts in aren't they ? Hayes would be well down the pecking order I'd say.

If NL is looking at a wide man you'd think it would be a left sided player. Not itk but I'm sure there was plenty saying Hayes was one NL was after during McGinn-gate

Testimonial Due

I thought all of the defence were excellent.

I thought he was brilliant, he s a young no nonsense defender. Enjoys a battle and came out on top. Yes he does the the ball away but need to remember hes just a boy

Not a bad result by any means, I quite enjoyed it for a nil nil.

Efe was my man of the match thought he was immense, Porteous will have learned a lot tonight, he had one heart stopping gaffe, but got away with it.

No failures tonight at all, should look at the positives, we are well in this tie.

We realy miss boyle outwide but its a difficult one as gray has played very well since coming back into the team. Wouldnt mind seeing a 451 to accomodate both next week (if the man city boy is able to play).

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    We were unlucky not to win tonight. Small margins in Mallan’s strike, Gray’s header, and Emerson’s chance at the end, going in or not.

Think we have got a lot wiser in how to approach different games and manage them. We played a great team in a calm and controlled way. We weren’t naive going chasing things and leaving ourselves exposed. Again, we were organised at the back and weathered everything that came our way and looked dangerous going forward. On Sunday we essentially closed the game down after going 3 up as well. Lennon has us playing very astutely.

In previous years I’d be convinced that this tie was over and that we’d never win over in Norway, but things are different with this team.

Laidlaw will seldom have had less to do in a game. Nothing to fear over there. Their goalie had a great game-
    Bogdan-eque!

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    They're getting Arzani and Roberts in aren't they ? Hayes would be well down the pecking order I'd say.

If NL is looking at a wide man you'd think it would be a left sided player. Not itk but I'm sure there was plenty saying Hayes was one NL was after during McGinn-gate
    I can see why we’d be be interested but can’t imagine them letting him go on loan now, especially not to us.

We do need another left sided player though. I’d rather we try to buy Greg Taylor from Killie. Good young Scottish player but they’d want a decent fee