hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Who cares about formal systems or money back.....just think - we are now at a place where we sell out home games! Can you imagine that....it's ****ing magic !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Lix View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tottenham allow you to re-list when a match is nearing sold out or sold out.
    If said seat is resold then I get 1/19th of ST cost, as cash or credit against next ST.
    I think this is very fair. Clubs can't expect us, plead in our case, folk to buy ST's then expect us to give them back for nowt when not attending.
    I've done it twice this season at Spurs, obviously a 90k stadium doesn't allow me many opportunities to resell, but next season I expect I will be able to relist every game if I wanted to.
    Manchester City do the same except that it only counts as credit against renewal and only if the ticket is resold. They also restrict the number of tickets that can be resold in a season (six?).

This works well for the club as a ticket for Liverpool, Arsenal, Man United, Spurs, etc. will sell for top prices (circa £60) when the ticket holder may only receive £17-£30 or so. Tickets for less popular or midweek matches are less likely to sell.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    A season ticket is supposed to be a commitment to attend every match,
    Er, no it isn't. There is ZERO commitment to attend any match, never mind every.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by midfield_maestro View Post
    Er, no it isn't. There is ZERO commitment to attend any match, never mind every.
    While the actual definition of a season ticket isn’t to ‘commit’ to attend every match, in football it’s in spirit a commitment to attend, as you are paying to guarantee your seat for every home match at a discounted price (from purchasing every ticket individually).

While I understand your need to post this point, I don’t see how it furthers the discussion?

It actually raises debate surrounding the purchasing of ST with NO intention to attend in some of the more desirable areas/seats... but let’s not open that can of worms right now.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Someone on Facebook has advertised 4 season tickets which will be unused on Saturday.

He knows that they can be released back to the club, but he wants cash for them. If they're not sold by Friday pm, he's going to contact the club. No doubt at that late stage, those seats will remain empty.

Given that there are still seats available in the South Stand, no-one who wants to go to the match should miss out, but for our Cat A games, when the south isn't available, it makes sense, on various levels, to have a formal system in place to encourage the release of unused tickets.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    While the actual definition of a season ticket isn’t to ‘commit’ to attend every match, in football it’s in spirit a commitment to attend, as you are paying to guarantee your seat for every home match at a discounted price (from purchasing every ticket individually).

While I understand your need to post this point, I don’t see how it furthers the discussion?

It actually raises debate surrounding the purchasing of ST with NO intention to attend in some of the more desirable areas/seats... but let’s not open that can of worms right now.

My season ticket is well used but at the same time I will opt out of a couple of the televised games (I hate the Sunday midday kick offs.) So in a way my purchase is a DONATION to Club funds. On the occasions I don't attend I first of all offer my seat to friends and if I still can't give it a way then I advise the Club to make it available for resale.

Seems fair enough for me, I'm not expecting anything in return.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Either that or cancel your season ticket if you don't make it to X amount of games, or the price increases or something? All for cheap tickets if people use them, but if our crowds continue you could have a situation were adults willing to pay £300+ per season are struggling for decent seats because there are stacks of unused 25 quid kids season tickets.... The huns at home was a near sellout I think and it was half empty, as it is most games.
    There will be a central computer connected to all the turnstiles and the log on the PC will show if a card has or hasn't been swiped in,so they could find out the ones who just buy the kids tickets to get upgraded for their mates for the big games

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    My season ticket is well used but at the same time I will opt out of a couple of the televised games (I hate the Sunday midday kick offs.) So in a way my purchase is a DONATION to Club funds. On the occasions I don't attend I first of all offer my seat to friends and if I still can't give it a way then I advise the Club to make it available for resale.

Seems fair enough for me, I'm not expecting anything in return.
    This is exactly how it should be. Well done.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Someone on Facebook has advertised 4 season tickets which will be unused on Saturday.

He knows that they can be released back to the club, but he wants cash for them. If they're not sold by Friday pm, he's going to contact the club. No doubt at that late stage, those seats will remain empty.

Given that there are still seats available in the South Stand, no-one who wants to go to the match should miss out, but for our Cat A games, when the south isn't available, it makes sense, on various levels, to have a formal system in place to encourage the release of unused tickets.
    They should be careful.

Against the T&C of having a season ticket.

Don't think the club care about handing it on to a fellow supporter but openly selling it is something that they would frown upon.

This is exactly how it should be. Well done.

Indeed.

People should obey speed limits, but they still need cameras and traffic calming measures to encourage people to comply.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Completely incorrect comparison.

Not donating your ST when you cannot attend is nothing like breaking the speed limit in any way!! Speed cameras and traffic calming measures are not a system put in place to aid drivers to comply with the rules they are ways to force drivers to obey the law... one as a deterrent the other as a physical way to slow drivers down forcing their compliance!

What you are saying by comparison is that ST holders should be monitored and punished for non attendance, and somehow the club needs to force holders to attend once purchased!!

@hibs.net private member
    At the end of the day it is to you to use your ST as you want, within the rules of the club (so selling it on is a no no, and is effectively stealing for the club you are supposed to love and support!)

In my opinion this is how I think a ST should work:-

Once purchased if you cannot attend then pass it on to a friend/relative/acquaintance for no charge or donate your seat back to the club so they may make a little more money from selling it for those particular matches.

This benefits the club and you are not out of pocket, so where is the harm? Your incentive should be the knowledge you are doing as much as you can to support Hibs, whether it be from attending and getting behind the team or by allowing the club to financially benefit and equally allow another to physically get behind the team on the terraces.

Completely incorrect comparison.

Not donating your ST when you cannot attend is nothing like breaking the speed limit in any way!! Speed cameras and traffic calming measures are not a system put in place to aid drivers to comply with the rules they are ways to force drivers to obey the law... one as a deterrent the other as a physical way to slow drivers down forcing their compliance!

What you are saying by comparison is that ST holders should be monitored and punished for non attendance, and somehow the club needs to force holders to attend once purchased!!
    If that's how you want to interpret that, youre being deliberately obtuse. If not, I'm not surprised that you don't understand the concept of incentive.

No matter how much you would like people to release their seats, there will be dozens of empty seats on Saturday. That will be the case for the Hearts game too, and it will continue.

Your position is that, unless they are released voluntarily, you'd prefer them to stay empty rather than offer a small incentive to encourage them to be released.

I'd rather they were full, with Hibs receiving some extra income. Just like what happens with all the EPL clubs already mentioned on this thread.

In any case, little or nothing will happen regarding this so we can all continue to be disappointed with all the empty seats.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 15-02-2018 at 02:37 PM.

At the end of the day it is to you to use your ST as you want, within the rules of the club (so selling it on is a no no, and is effectively stealing for the club you are supposed to love and support!)

In my opinion this is how I think a ST should work:-

Once purchased if you cannot attend then pass it on to a friend/relative/acquaintance for no charge or donate your seat back to the club so they may make a little more money from selling it for those particular matches.

This benefits the club and you are not out of pocket, so where is the harm? Your incentive should be the knowledge you are doing as much as you can to support Hibs, whether it be from attending and getting behind the team or by allowing the club to financially benefit and equally allow another to physically get behind the team on the terraces.
    That would be nice.

I wonder why it doesn't happen enough and what we could do about it.

I'll have plenty time to ponder a solution as I'm setting off now on my journey up to Edinburgh for the weekend.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 15-02-2018 at 02:41 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    If that's how you want to interpret that, youre being deliberately obtuse. If not, I'm not surprised that you don't understand the concept of incentive.

No matter how much you would like people to release their seats, there will be dozens of empty seats on Saturday. That will be the case for the Hearts game too, and it will continue.

Your position is that, unless they are released voluntarily, you'd prefer them to stay empty rather than offer a small incentive to encourage them to be released.

I'd rather they were full, with Hibs receiving some extra income. Just like what happens with all the EPL clubs already mentioned on this thread.

In any case, little or nothing will happen regarding this so we can all continue to be disappointed with all the empty seats.
    My position is not that I would rather they were empty, my position is that perhaps if there were a free and easy way to release STs that all holders were aware of then no incentive would be needed! Any mention of empty seats from me has been to say that I’d rather they were empty than the fans profiting over the club (which I find to be counterproductive).

I fully understand the use of an incentive but I dont think it’s needed in this situation... I think if everyone knew the process they would be more than happy to donate their tickets when they cannot attend... the love for our club is great and our fans are passionate about us doing well, and i am sure they understand that finances are big part of that.

You and I seem to be arguing the same point, only with differing views on how to achieve it...

I would worry that giving an incentive before making the process free, easy and clear would only cloud this debate.

If Hibs were to try and organise ST seat donations for those unable to attend and it didn’t take off then I would be open to look at incentives to push folk in the right direction (I would definitely start with store discounts over ST discounts or partial refunds, this is dude to the fact that many may then spend more at the club that they may not have spent).

@hibs.net private member
    That would be nice.

I wonder why it doesn't happen enough and what we could do about it.

I'll have plenty time to ponder a solution as I'm setting off now on my journey up to Edinburgh for the weekend.
    The reason it doesn’t work that way is down to fans not knowing how to do it.

Perhaps some sort of social media campaign could be arranged to inform people or an email sent round current ST holders... it is a difficult one as trying to make people aware without costing the club money is the real problem that needs solved here.

Unfortunately in some cases one has to speculate to accumulate, so it mate be that some funds are needed to be spent on creating a solution that in future the club will benefit and profit from.

@hibs.net private member

Perhaps some sort of social media campaign could be arranged to inform people or an email sent round current ST holders... it is a difficult one as trying to make people aware without costing the club money is the real problem that needs solved here.

Unfortunately in some cases one has to speculate to accumulate, so it mate be that some funds are needed to be spent on creating a solution that in future the club will benefit and profit from.
    The club did include reference to this in their social media posts and website for Aberdeen game, advising people that they can email ticket office to release seats. I've not seen them do that before, so maybe it'll make a big difference and we won't need any complicated solutions.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    The club did include reference to this in their social media posts and website for Aberdeen game, advising people that they can email ticket office to release seats. I've not seen them do that before, so maybe it'll make a big difference and we won't need any complicated solutions.
    I did notice this too, it’s the first example of them directly asking fans to consider it so hopefully it makes a difference.

Is it just the child seats that are empty or child and adult seats?
    If its just the childs seats then maybe the parents think its too much hassle to contact the club to resell, they only paid a couple of quid for the childs ticket after all?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    If its just the childs seats then maybe the parents think its too much hassle to contact the club to resell, they only paid a couple of quid for the childs ticket after all?
    I think it’s a mixture, but looking at the Famous Five stand, I would estimate that the majority are children’s STs

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Speaking for my season tickets, if I didn’t take my children, I paid the difference to upgrade the seats to adult tickets for friends or family for midweek games. I’m fairly savvy with Hibs being an out of towner I’m often in touch with ticket office one way or another. I also wasn’t in FF lower, so it was more of a financial waste to not have attending kids with me.

Club shouldn't resell season seats if money goes back to holder unless every single available home fan seat is sold otherwise we deprive the club of money

Did you see my post above regarding the guy who is trying to sell his ST seats?

He knows how to release those seats, but he's looking for something for them. My idea would accomplish that.

It's academic anyway so I'll leave it there.

@hibs.net private member
    Did you see my post above regarding the guy who is trying to sell his ST seats?

He knows how to release those seats, but he's looking for something for them. My idea would accomplish that.

It's academic anyway so I'll leave it there.
    I did see your post and if I’m honest I think any ‘fan’ looking to profit from their season tickets is no real fan to me, that’s my opinion, I’m sure some will agree and others will disagree.

I can can guarantee that this ‘fan’ wouldn’t have been looking for an incentive to release his seats if it had been against anyone other than Aberdeen Celtic, Rangers or hearts.

your idea would accomplish the release of more seats in these situations, no one is arguing against that point.... I just don’t agree with profiting from it.

Its certainly not academic!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Club shouldn't resell season seats if money goes back to holder unless every single available home fan seat is sold otherwise we deprive the club of money
    I totally agree with you on this point but this is where charging the same price for adult tickets across the stadium comes into play.... some who release their STs are releasing what may be more desirable seats, yet if you are someone buying a ticket for the match just before the reselling starts you may end up in what some consider a poorer seat.

There are so many variables in this debate, would be a hard one to come to any real conclusion.

its certainly not academic

I did see your post and if I’m honest I think any ‘fan’ looking to profit from their season tickets is no real fan to me, that’s my opinion, I’m sure some will agree and others will disagree.

I can can guarantee that this ‘fan’ wouldn’t have been looking for an incentive to release his seats if it had been against anyone other than Aberdeen Celtic, Rangers or hearts.

your idea would accomplish the release of more seats in these situations, no one is arguing against that point.... I just don’t agree with profiting from it.

Its certainly not academic!
    How can getting a fiver back for a ticket you've paid £20 for towards next year's ST be deemed as making a profit?

@hibs.net private member
    How can getting a fiver back for a ticket you've paid £20 for towards next year's ST be deemed as making a profit?
    When comparing it to others’ (myself included’s) suggestion that supporters shouldn’t receive anything as incentive to release their unused ST seat(s) then it’s making a profit.

You are also taking that aspect of my response completely out of context.... this ‘fan’ on facebook isn’t asking for a fiver is he?

Plus I am one of those who treats it like once it’s paid for I don’t value my ST as a per game ticket, it’s a pass for the whole package.... once it’s bought and paid for its down to you to use it fully, if you cannot do so then why should you receive a ‘partial refund’?

I feel like its almost like paying to go to the cinema or the theatre and you nip out to visit the toilet and miss some of the show, then asking at the box office for some money back or money off your next visit. You just wouldn’t do it.

When comparing it to others’ (myself included’s) suggestion that supporters shouldn’t receive anything as incentive to release their unused ST seat(s) then it’s making a profit.

You are also taking that aspect of my response completely out of context.... this ‘fan’ on facebook isn’t asking for a fiver is he?

Plus I am one of those who treats it like once it’s paid for I don’t value my ST as a per game ticket, it’s a pass for the whole package.... once it’s bought and paid for its down to you to use it fully, if you cannot do so then why should you receive a ‘partial refund’?

I feel like its almost like paying to go to the cinema or the theatre and you nip out to visit the toilet and miss some of the show, then asking at the box office for some money back or money off your next visit. You just wouldn’t do it.
    Cool.

@hibs.net private member
    Cool.
    Way cool.

@hibs.net private member
    Do you see my point yet?