hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Regards Aberdeen statement looks like they have taken up the opportunity to bring to the fore the issue of the woeful decisions made by referees and also the panel through the Devlin sending off, looking to set out a marker early on that what they have seen so far just isnt acceptable. Whilst it might not have directly affected us so far, I suspect our turn is just around the corner, given we haven't played the ugly sisters or the mob across the city yet, who appear to be the beneficiaries of the diabolical decisions.
    Aberdeen and Clarke are setting the stall out for the rest to follow about not rolling over and accepting all the biased, woeful decisions of match officials and their bosses.
    Just on not getting involved at this time as its not us that have been affected, we had quite a number of awful decisions against us last year and as a club/board there was nothing said ie Clancy's impact in our games during the season. So perhaps it goes back again to we say nothing, because of our chairman's ambitions ....so if thats it we can look forward to whole lot of £hit decisions that affect our results again this season !!!
    We're in quite an interesting and strong position on this one - in that we haven't been affected by anything yet, so can be considered to be (fairly) neutral and objective. Other teams could be accused of sour grapes or a vested interest in matters. Do we have to wait until we are hard done by before we get involved? We are going to benefit through Dicker missing the game against us at the weekend, which is a ridiculous state of affairs. I like that Aberdeen have been critical of the process, and don't think it would be wrong of us to weigh in in support, although I do tend to prefer to see us near the bottom of the statement league.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    Our Board challenging outright lies by the media would be nice once in a while though...viz Bojangles Jackson: "every Rangers player on pitch was attacked or spat on by Hibs fans during Hampden riot".
    RP, LD et al played an absolute blinder throughout that debacle. Whilst there were ridiculous lies printed, we can't hide the fact that we were on the pitch when we shouldn't have been, some Rangers players had attention that they should not have had and that some property was damaged. Hibs didn't get involved in hysterics and quietly went about minimising the fall out, and I think they did a superb job of it. Anyone who has half a brain cell knows that what the DR printed was garbage - why get involved in tit for tat drivel? "Don't roll with pigs in s**t" was great advice given to me many years ago - and that is exactly what getting into a public war of words would have been doing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Poor start to the season by Hibs on the statements front, we are in danger of being left behind again! Come on Petrie get this sorted!

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Like being near the bottom of the crime count league. No statements is a good place to be.

Sent from my KFTBWI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yep better to keep powder dry until we have a cause to fight no doubt coming along soon.
    Yeah, but would we fight it, e.g. Lennon’s cupping his ears, the absolute crap after the cup final, not a bloody word

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Yeah, but would we fight it, e.g. Lennon’s cupping his ears, the absolute crap after the cup final, not a bloody word
    Is this a windup?

Lennon did not get a ban for "cupping his ears".

He got a 1 match ban for entering the field of play.............in front of all of us there and on TV - It was pretty hard to deny. His ban was automatically extended to 3 as he had a 2 match suspended ban hanging over him.

As for all the crap after the cup final - what did you want the club to say?

Rod did his bit by saying it was "exuberance", and after he and LD did a brilliant job behind the scenes ensuring we got off pretty much scot free.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    And nothing happened to Hibs on either occasion.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Is this a windup?

Lennon did not get a ban for "cupping his ears".

He got a 1 match ban for entering the field of play.............in front of all of us there and on TV - It was pretty hard to deny. His ban was automatically extended to 3 as he had a 2 match suspended ban hanging over him.

As for all the crap after the cup final - what did you want the club to say?

Rod did his bit by saying it was "exuberance", and after he and LD did a brilliant job behind the scenes ensuring we got off pretty much scot free.
    The 1 match ban was for the aeroplane impersonation at ER, not the ear cupping at Ibrox.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    We're in quite an interesting and strong position on this one - in that we haven't been affected by anything yet, so can be considered to be (fairly) neutral and objective. Other teams could be accused of sour grapes or a vested interest in matters. Do we have to wait until we are hard done by before we get involved? We are going to benefit through Dicker missing the game against us at the weekend, which is a ridiculous state of affairs. I like that Aberdeen have been critical of the process, and don't think it would be wrong of us to weigh in in support, although I do tend to prefer to see us near the bottom of the statement league.

RP, LD et al played an absolute blinder throughout that debacle. Whilst there were ridiculous lies printed, we can't hide the fact that we were on the pitch when we shouldn't have been, some Rangers players had attention that they should not have had and that some property was damaged. Hibs didn't get involved in hysterics and quietly went about minimising the fall out, and I think they did a superb job of it. Anyone who has half a brain cell knows that what the DR printed was garbage - why get involved in tit for tat drivel? "Don't roll with pigs in s**t" was great advice given to me many years ago - and that is exactly what getting into a public war of words would have been doing.
    That some people still think our board should have acted in some other fashion after 21.05.2016 absolutely baffles me, given the eventual outcome of it all (basically hee haw)

I think Aberdeen's statement is great and raises some good points. It would be even stronger if the foul in question indubitably wasn't a sending off, which isn't the case IMO.

Left by mutual consent!
    Given that one of Clarke's complaints is that his name was spelled wrong on the charge sheet, it's maybe better not to get involved.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    The 1 match ban was for the aeroplane impersonation at ER, not the ear cupping at Ibrox.
    Yep, I know that - but I think Joe6-2 was getting mixed up between that and the airplane one which he got the ban for.

If you believed twitter, NL was banned for 3 matches simply for celebrating a goal..................

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I'm generally in favour of the club "speaking up" but it should be noted what happened the last time we spoke up as a club. We spoke up a few times that season about Craig Thomson. The SFA rewarded us with him taking charge of the cup final. We spoke up against that. Result: he screwed us over.

Maybe keeping quiet is the best tactic when it comes to the incompetence/corruption associated with our referees and national association.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    We really deserve better than the SFA.
    THIS !

WHY - there is/isn't a nation-wide campaign for this corrupt/not-fit-for-purpose 'organisation' to be completely scrapped and all within it sacked is baffling ??

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    "with a consistent and transparent appeals process high up on the agenda."

Surely nobody can disagree that this is required.

Look at the successful appeal made by the The Rangers goalie, after quite clearly kicking an opposition player.

Or the claim made by Gerrard that everybody's out to get them and this has been going on for years? Leaving aside how ridiculous that is.... any Manager of any other club would have been charged with "bringing the game into disrepute", or whatever the phrase is. In fact, that very thing has happened to the Killie Boss just last week.

There is a definite rule for some (2 clubs in particular) and a different rule for others.

What appeal by a Rangers goalie?

It seems that there were two working party groups made up of club,coaches and players who met a number of times and agreed how the disciplinary process was going to work.Hasn’t worked out too well.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    So if 2 on the panel think it is red, and the match official thinks it’s a red it just takes one Rangers fan on the panel to make sure it isn’t. Glad they have streamlined it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Yep, I know that - but I think Joe6-2 was getting mixed up between that and the airplane one which he got the ban for.

If you believed twitter, NL was banned for 3 matches simply for celebrating a goal..................
    Yes, and thanks