hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70

Aer Lingus to Orlando

Anyone gone through Dublin to US?

Customs preclearance on this side sounds great (especially after the hideous queus6 at Atlanta last year)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Customs preclearance on this side sounds great (especially after the hideous queus6 at Atlanta last year)
    I went to NY last year with Air Lingus via Dublin. Would definitely recommend. We did have to queue but not too long and got fastracked through as it was getting close to our departure gate closing. I'd say go for it.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I went through it travelling to New York last year and it was class.

We had something like a 40 minute period from our connecting flight landing in Dublin to the flight taking off for New York and we made it comfortably. When we did it there wasn’t one person in the queue in front of us.

If we didn’t do it this way I believe there was a queue of over an hour waiting for us when we landed in New York.

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post

Done it traveling to Vegas in 2016. So much easier and quicker than doing it stateside.
    You found your God in a paper back, you get your history from the Union Jack, and all your brothers and sisters have gone and they won't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

If we didn’t do it this way I believe there was a queue of over an hour waiting for us when we landed in New York.
    That would have been lucky, I've been stuck at JFK for ****ing ages getting in. It's insane sometimes.

While not Orlando, my brother flew to Miami (not via Ireland) and apparently breezed through and having been through at JFK and Newark he thought it was a piece of piss.

Gamer IDs

Cheers folks. Being reading some reviews of the flights and they all seem pretty positive with the exception of the food.

Got a 4 hour layover in Dublin so will just go for a nice lunch.

Other option was BA via Gatwick but I'll go for Aer Lingus

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I’ve been to America 25 times and I’ve never really found customs that bad over there. I don’t feel it’s much different to the length of time it takes after you land back in Edinburgh.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I’ve been to America 25 times and I’ve never really found customs that bad over there. I don’t feel it’s much different to the length of time it takes after you land back in Edinburgh.
    It's always been about 1 hour for me until last year at Atlanta. We had a 5 hour layover which I thought was too long but I'm glad we did. Took at least 3 hours to clear immigration. Utter shambles. Lots of families missed their connections and didn't get on any follow up flights to MCO that day.

Has put me right off doing a mid USA connection.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Same here, we’ve been unlucky once at JFK in that the whole system crashed just as we were next in line but even then it was sorted out pretty quickly. All other times at JFK we’ve sailed through in less than 20 minutes

(Watch me now get stuck there for hours in October )

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I went through customs in Dublin back in March when I was travelling out to San Francisco - apart from the small propeller jobbie from Glasgow to Dublin, it was a much more pleasant experience than going via London and waiting in the longer queues Stateside.

Having said that, I much preferred the flight back from San Fran via London with British Airways in terms of food/entertainment.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    There was talk last Summer of pre-clearance being introduced at several UK airports, but it has all gone quiet so no idea if this is being progressed or not.
    ​#PERSEVERED