hibs.net Messageboard

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Guillermo Rigondeaux

Anybody staying up to watch this ?

I was goung to post this fight in the boxing thread but I feel it deserves it's own thread. This fight hasn't been getting the hype it should be getting in the mainstream UK press but in the boxing world it's being considered as one of the most skilled match up's of this era.

There isn't much to split Loma and Rigo in terms of skill and natural ability but Loma has the size and age advantage here. Rigo is moving up two weights to fight Loma and I think that's going to be too much, especially at his age.
    Last edited by Anti-hoofbaw; 09-12-2017 at 12:21 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Can't wait for this one, other than GGG V Camelot this has to be up there for my most anticipated fight of the year, they both have unbelievable talent and the amateur records speak for themselves, I agree that Loma will just have too much, I just love watching the guy fight, he makes it look so easy and doesn't fight like anyone I've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't wait for this one, other than GGG V Camelot this has to be up there for my most anticipated fight of the year, they both have unbelievable talent and the amateur records speak for themselves, I agree that Loma will just have too much, I just love watching the guy fight, he makes it look so easy and doesn't fight like anyone I've ever seen
    He's a phenomenal talent as is/was Rigo. It's not just the talent level involved that makes it an epic fight it's also the style clash. Loma being a pocket fighting master who punches in bunches up close while utilising mad angles mixing up the speeds and power totally bamboozling his oponents. And Rigo being a master of distance, timing and setting traps. Both are also great defensively in their own styles. Its just a pity Rigo is past prime and stepping up two weights because it makes this epic skills match up a bit too one sided imo.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-hoofbaw View Post
    He's a phenomenal talent as is/was Rigo. It's not just the talent level involved that makes it an epic fight it's also the style clash. Loma being a pocket fighting master who punches in bunches up close while utilising mad angles mixing up the speeds and power totally bamboozling his oponents. And Rigo being a master of distance, timing and setting traps. Both are also great defensively in their own styles. Its just a pity Rigo is past prime and stepping up two weights because it makes this epic skills match up a bit too one sided imo.
    Just realised my phone put Camelot instead of Canelo haha, but I agree, Rigo is great at setting traps and waiting for the right time to hit, even after the bell haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Just realised my phone put Camelot instead of Canelo haha, but I agree, Rigo is great at setting traps and waiting for the right time to hit, even after the bell haha
    Lol It's cool man, I knew you meant to type Canelo. I have to edit posts a lot for the same phone issue. Enjoy the fight when it comes, mate.