hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bit soon to be asking this question, just after we turn in yet another inept performance and everyone is totally p***** off. Am sure the answers given tonight will be a lot different to those that would be given if say the same question was posed on Wed/Thu, after the blood had stopped boiling.
    Not from me they wont, no amount of blind faith will change my view in the lead up to the derby . We are poor and will get beaten

2. Log in to remove the advert

As most Derby's are won on a battle I don't think our boys are up for it

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    However we want to label it, they have played a very young team all season and done better than us. We need to wake up and see that from the owner to the park there is something wrong. Mainly high up. An owner and chairman that don't care about football and the club is the reason we constantly underachieve. I just hope if it ever came to the point where fan ownership is discussed we would still have the passion for our club. Hibernian on a business front are doing good, the community football club is causing widespread depression and discontempt. Fans want to see a decent team, enough of this persevere nonsense, we've done it for long enough - I've done it for it as long as I've been a Hibs fan.

Enough is enough, play youngsters who give a damn, pick up 3 points and clear out the deadwood at the club in the summer - starting at the top.
    Last edited by madhatter; 19-04-2014 at 05:19 PM.

I would love to hear what the players have to say because so far they have said nothing

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Not looking forward to it but Cummings must start.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Not looking forward to it but Cummings must start.

Agreed. I'd also like to see Todd, Baptie and Black start or be on bench at least.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    We will be lucky to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    We won't win. If hearts play poor we might get a point but can't see it. The difference in passion between the 2 clubs is frightening.
    Folk on here won't like that statement but sadly it's true as far as players are concerned ,but as fans we need to still show we have the same passion

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Folk on here won't like that statement but sadly it's true as far as players are concerned ,but as fans we need to still show we have the same passion
    There is a crucial difference Ronnie - Hibs fans, like Hearts fans, cannot at all be faulted regards their support of their respective clubs. If anything, rivalry aside, both sets of supporters should be widely applauded for standing by their clubs for very different reasons. Hearts because they were in danger of not existing, Hibs because recent results would make any fan weep. There is not much between the clubs when it all boils down to it - on a level playing field last season we had the upper hand, yet this season when it was expected we would, they stepped up on game day.

What Hearts fans and their club have is arrogance - an arrogance not many like, some disregard, but in the main it drip feeds to the players and management and they take it into important games more often that not.

Hibs on the other hand have a Board that are stale, don't really put their head above the parapet because 'it's not good form' and we see ourselves a little above that - itself an arrogance but a hidden one that is way worse that an outlandish haughtiness shown by our neighbours.

In other words, Petrie, even by his demeanour, often looks smug and unconcerned. Whereas on the other side of the city they are quite open about their chances come derby day.

I'm green tinted obviously but I take my hat off to our support over the last 5 years as they've been cheated by Petrie. Simple as that. Cheated. Hearts fans have, again through gritted teeth, got behind their club and you absolutely take your hat off to them too. The fans of both clubs are the reason we are still here. But for me, as I posted two weeks ago, I ain't going back until Rod goes. I made that horrible decision a few weeks back, hoped it would subside, but it won't.

I have no faith that Rod will spend your money wisely in summer, get targets we are after, and get them in early. None whatsoever. The club is boring - our owner is boring, our chairman is boring, our Hibs TV interviewer is dull and wet, our club is really quite bland.

Our fans however are simply superb - it becomes quite emotional when you still see 1200 fans going through, without any battle cry from 'our leaders', to rally the side - yet they still let them down then hide.

Our fans are those that run the club are not.

The outcome of next week's match is totally inevitable.

We all hope and pray that we'll suddenly put a performance together and stuff them but I think we've all seen more than enough of Hibs over the past few months to realise that's extremely unlikely to happen.

They will, as per usual, be totally fired up for a derby and they'll be even more motivated than normal, knowing that a victory for them would put us in real danger.

I'm just totally scunnered at the moment. I just hope that next week is the last time we see them for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    The outcome of next week's match is totally inevitable.

We all hope and pray that we'll suddenly put a performance together and stuff them but I think we've all seen more than enough of Hibs over the past few months to realise that's extremely unlikely to happen.

They will, as per usual, be totally fired up for a derby and they'll be even more motivated than normal, knowing that a victory for them would put us in real danger.

I'm just totally scunnered at the moment. I just hope that next week is the last time we see them for the foreseeable future.
    Plus if thy win they will match our seasons points total
    They WILL be up for It we will not

@hibs.net private member
    The game is MASSIVE and one we simply cannot afford to lose. Obviously we badly need to get points on the board but more-so from the point of view of confidence and the morale of the support.

Losing derbies is what saw Fenlon walk having lost the support as a result - if we lose this one then things may well turn ugly again at a time when it'll still all be there to play for with three games remaining.

Going by todays effort we have no chance.

No more Nelson and Collins please! I can't take much more of watching them attempt to play football.
    Haynes is a waster too

Thomson Taiwo Stanton

Watmore Cummings Craig

That would be my front 6

Call me an optimist but I think we'll turn-up for this one and win.

Our entire season (and possibly future seasons) may well rest on this game - it's only the Hertz for goodness sake, hopefully they're not assisted by a certain ref and we'll win.

All will be sweetness and light on this board next week. :o

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee 4 View Post
    Two up front would be a start for me. Fed up of this 1 up front nonsense.
    THIS.

If we play a 4-4-2, with a midfield of Watmore, Thomson, Stanton and Stevenson.

Cummings up top with one of the others (can't choose) and I think we can score.

Play this, show a bit of heart and desire then I think we can beat them.

2-0 Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Hibbie View Post
    Call me an optimist but I think we'll turn-up for this one and win.

Our entire season (and possibly future seasons) may well rest on this game - it's only the Hertz for goodness sake, hopefully they're not assisted by a certain ref and we'll win.

All will be sweetness and light on this board next week. :o

I wouldn't be surprised if injured players are rushed back into the side which would be a shame. Forster is either not a centre back, or just plain woeful in that position. Nelson is not great, but at least when alongside Hanlon there was a bit of shape about the team. Forster is clueless.

Could Butcher put Robertson AND McPake in next week? Both are now back in full training. I hope not, but I think he might do just that.

Williams
    Forster McPake Nelson McGivern

Thomson Robertson

Watmore Stanton Stevenson/Craig

Handling

Something along those lines. When Stevenson was LW we seemed to get a bit of joy.

I'd like to see:

Williams
    Forster McGivern Nelson Black

Thomson Robertson
    Watmore Stevenson
    Handling Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    There is a crucial difference Ronnie - Hibs fans, like Hearts fans, cannot at all be faulted regards their support of their respective clubs. If anything, rivalry aside, both sets of supporters should be widely applauded for standing by their clubs for very different reasons. Hearts because they were in danger of not existing, Hibs because recent results would make any fan weep. There is not much between the clubs when it all boils down to it - on a level playing field last season we had the upper hand, yet this season when it was expected we would, they stepped up on game day.

What Hearts fans and their club have is arrogance - an arrogance not many like, some disregard, but in the main it drip feeds to the players and management and they take it into important games more often that not.

Hibs on the other hand have a Board that are stale, don't really put their head above the parapet because 'it's not good form' and we see ourselves a little above that - itself an arrogance but a hidden one that is way worse that an outlandish haughtiness shown by our neighbours.

In other words, Petrie, even by his demeanour, often looks smug and unconcerned. Whereas on the other side of the city they are quite open about their chances come derby day.

I'm green tinted obviously but I take my hat off to our support over the last 5 years as they've been cheated by Petrie. Simple as that. Cheated. Hearts fans have, again through gritted teeth, got behind their club and you absolutely take your hat off to them too. The fans of both clubs are the reason we are still here. But for me, as I posted two weeks ago, I ain't going back until Rod goes. I made that horrible decision a few weeks back, hoped it would subside, but it won't.

I have no faith that Rod will spend your money wisely in summer, get targets we are after, and get them in early. None whatsoever. The club is boring - our owner is boring, our chairman is boring, our Hibs TV interviewer is dull and wet, our club is really quite bland.

Our fans however are simply superb - it becomes quite emotional when you still see 1200 fans going through, without any battle cry from 'our leaders', to rally the side - yet they still let them down then hide.

Our fans are those that run the club are not.
    Im glad Im not the only one who thinks this. His questions are cringeworthy, and if someone told me he'd been outed as an undercover Yam I wouldn't be surprised. He is always undermining players by poking at their weaknesses in a kind of condescending way.

Agree with rest of the post as well.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    Im glad Im not the only one who thinks this. His questions are cringeworthy, and if someone told me he'd been outed as an undercover Yam I wouldn't be surprised. He is always undermining players by poking at their weaknesses in a kind of condescending way.

Agree with rest of the post as well.
    I'll email the club pre-season but I'll again say - get that magic wee lad from Ireland doing the Hibs player interviews. Love that wee guy.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by dastardly8 View Post
    Hibs ladies please

Boz.

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    The fact we`re still 7th after this terrible run under Butcher shows how bad the other bottom 6 teams are . Hearts did us a big favour today and will be confident next week but I think we need to win since other teams will get 3 points against them . We haven`t really deserved to lose any of the Derbies this season so must be due a change of luck but you have to make your luck .
    Which particular derby should you have won ?!?

Team for Derby

What's everyone's thoughts on team for derby ?

Is go with

Williams

Forster
    Mcpake
    McGivern
    Stevenson

Watmore
    Thomson
    Stanton
    Harris

Cummings
    Collins

4-4-2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team to play hearts

My team for next week would be as follows:

Williams
    Black
    Forster
    Nelson (not a fan at all but no one else available)
    Stevenson

Watmore
    Thomson
    Robertson
    Harris

Stanton

Cummings

If Robertson isn't ready I'd have Stanton in at centre mid and Craig or Handling in behind Cummings. It may lack height up front but that might encourage us to actually pass the ball rather than hoof it constantly.

Thoughts?

I don't care.

We've tried all sorts of combinations for team selection in recent months and none of them have been any good so it really doesn't matter to me.

If they go out and look even remotely like a professional football team it would be a good starting point.

What worries me is that every team I come up with pretty much has to include the likes of McGivern, Collins and Nelson because, unless we go with the young guns, we have no one else.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Hearts will pick us off on the counter .. I see a repeat of today and 0-2 tbh

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It's going to take me a day or two before I can think about that game. I'm dreading it, to be honest. Tell Butcher I'll play. I couldn't do any worse than the present frauds and would at least play for the jersey.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

As per my previous posts we will loose the Derby we need to focus on games we can win Partick at home is our cup final. yams are relegated so not important right now we have 3 massive games after the Derby lets focus on these games.

The under 20s

McPake???

Been injured for months and won't be fit let alone near good enough.

Nelson seems undroppable as no one else to play there unless move McGivern there ?