hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

All together now

Wow what a last few years watching Hibs shocking state of affairs on the park our last few seasons before going down.

It all ended with what we deserved a relegation unfortunately it has lasted longer than hoped but who would have thought that would be when we won the cup?

As it stands today the club IMO is at a serious point. We fail to go up and IMO we are done, we will lose a lot of our best players as another season down here isn't good enough.

We have just hammered our rivals for promotion we are now in driving seat and really good to see this place pretty much at one.

Yeah we have our disagreements but I just hope we can continue to keep ER bouncing until the end of the season as for me we are more than capable of winning the title and a full ER helps.

I am as happy as I can be in this division but I think we could be on course of building something here on not only being promoted but competing at the right end of SPL.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

I hate to burst your bubble but no one outwith the OF will win the league or mount a serious challange in the foreseeable future. As soon as anyone gets a decent team the OF or English clubs buy the best players end of challange. The best you can hope for is a cup win and possibly challanging for second.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate to burst your bubble but no one outwith the OF will win the league or mount a serious challange in the foreseeable future. As soon as anyone gets a decent team the OF or English clubs buy the best players end of challange. The best you can hope for is a cup win and possibly challanging for second.
    Think he meant the championship title?

Good post though. Hopefully we did enough on Friday to keep people interested. I wonder if the Dunfermline game in a few weeks with an evening kick off will be enough to keep people interested and draw another big crowd?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Think he meant the championship title?

Good post though. Hopefully we did enough on Friday to keep people interested. I wonder if the Dunfermline game in a few weeks with an evening kick off will be enough to keep people interested and draw another big crowd?
    Yes I do mean Championship title, SPL I hope we can go up and start challenging for the top half.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Cutbacks will happen if we aren't promoted but we won't be "done" as long as the majority of the fans stick with the club. We play in a league where some of the teams are even part time, even with cutbacks we should still have the resources to be challenging to win the division regardless of who was relegated.

I mean it will be a disaster if we aren't promoted but it won't be the death of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Wow what a last few years watching Hibs shocking state of affairs on the park our last few seasons before going down.

It all ended with what we deserved a relegation unfortunately it has lasted longer than hoped but who would have thought that would be when we won the cup?

As it stands today the club IMO is at a serious point. We fail to go up and IMO we are done, we will lose a lot of our best players as another season down here isn't good enough.

We have just hammered our rivals for promotion we are now in driving seat and really good to see this place pretty much at one.

Yeah we have our disagreements but I just hope we can continue to keep ER bouncing until the end of the season as for me we are more than capable of winning the title and a full ER helps.

I am as happy as I can be in this division but I think we could be on course of building something here on not only being promoted but competing at the right end of SPL.

GGTTH
    If we fail to go up we are not "done". We'd still be favorites to go up mostly every season. We'd still have a better budget than the rest who have been down here forever.

GGTTH

Yes

What utterly amazes me is that nobody could possibly have written the script.

Full house in the lower division.

Scottish Cup in the locker!

On the way to promotion.

Come on..all together now indeed!

@hibs.net private member

GGTTH

What an absolutely rubbish statement. Of course we need/want to get promoted and failure to do so could hit us hard in future budgets and in trying to attract quality players, but to say we would be done is just knee jerk scaremongering IMO.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    What an absolutely rubbish statement. Of course we need/want to get promoted and failure to do so could hit us hard in future budgets and in trying to attract quality players, but to say we would be done is just knee jerk scaremongering IMO.
    Aye ok whatever, not going up IMO we would likely lose the good players we have and start next season not as in a strong position as the start of this. So yeah I think we would be in trouble but it is for me the least likely thing to happen but you just ignore all else and focus on that part of my post forget the rest.

So much for that then, should have known really that would be only thing in post people would like to focus on.

My meaning of "done" btw is not out of business is If we failed to go up I would be concerned about the playing staff left and with who goes down I feel we would possibly be in our worse position at the start of next season.

But we have managed to miss any positives from my post to concentrate on worst case scenario and IMO the least likely scenario to occur.

So much for this thread then

Admin can this thread be deleted, its now pointless. Cannot do it on phone.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 09-01-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Well there is happy clappers & then there is you.

Left by mutual consent!
    Scaremongering indeed and we were supposed to be done if we didn't go up last year, though that was mainly coming from the west of the city.