hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kano

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never says a word when we're winning. Attention seeking moron who puts the knife in when we're needing support
    Hardly a moron. Have a word.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Havent listened to the pod cast but the BBC are using his quote that "If someone on the board deferred their 500000 payments" that could be invested back into the squad. Assuming he means Rod. didnt think he took anywhere near that if anything.

It's possible the 500000 debt repayment to Sir Tom is the amount which for me was a very reasonable way to sort out our long term debt. Changing or deferring that is the Hearts way. Say one thing then change the rules.

Did he take the opportunity to talk up HSL or was Kano is the Ponzi scheme brigade? For a property dealer/celebrity Hibs fan/ex player he'd be put in the great light if h was an investor. His pubs are all busy when we are at home so he's happy to take the money off the punters.
    He means Farmer. Think we pay him £41,000 per month as part of his loan repayments. Almost £500,000 per year until 2022/25, can’t remember exact date. Fans have speculated where that money actually ends up going too. He’s entitled to take it, but think he’s worth £130m or so

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He means Farmer. Think we pay him £41,000 per month as part of his loan repayments. Almost £500,000 per year until 2022/25, can’t remember exact date. Fans have speculated where that money actually ends up going too. He’s entitled to take it, but think he’s worth £130m or so
    Cheers Billy - as I thought the debt repayment. Problem is he said Board Member and Sir Tom ain't. It's Fake News Itelzya....

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Cheers Billy - as I thought the debt repayment. Problem is he said Board Member and Sir Tom ain't. It's Fake News Itelzya....
    Well Sir Tom and Rod are sucking the club dry don't you know

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Not a fan but listened to podcast and he was fine and made decent points.

We could do with some additional investment if we are struggling to take that next step.

I don’t think a rangers will be materially better - they are in hijab high risk territory and I don’t think Aberdeen will be better. Hearts are buying from the market the rest of u me are and Lafferty lols like he will be lined up to get cash in.

Dylan has gone but keeping McGinn and Allan and the strikers will mean we are in great shape despite the doom and gloom.
    Not sure i understand that, we are just out the championship and way ahead of the next step we should have been at.

We cant have this boom and bust football anymore, it needs to be small steps, steady growth.

And growth could actually mean 4th again next season, we need to consolidate instead of having one good season then years of pish.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Legend!

Diznae stop him taking his free tickets though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Give Kane the job when Lennon goes.

He’s got all the answers you know.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Give Kane the job when Lennon goes.

He’s got all the answers you know.

It'll be nice to know that when man in pub gives us all the inside knowledge of what's happening at our club it will at least be an actual man in pub for a change.

About as credible as well

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    We can thank Lennon for all this...his ramblings last night have sparked all this again... thanks Neil next time keep it a bit more private please rather than having our clubs dirty washing displayed in public

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Actually PO Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Never says a word when we're winning. Attention seeking moron who puts the knife in when we're needing support
    If Paul Kane's views were typed on this forum, that poster would be branded a Yam. I don't get his agenda (other than anti-Petrie)

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Hibs legend. Now man of property.
    I know he spent a fair spell here and played a decent amount of games. But is he really?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    If Paul Kane's views were typed on this forum, that poster would be branded a Yam. I don't get his agenda (other than anti-Petrie)
    Yep, he is a petty sad little man who has an agenda against Petrie who has done far more for Hibs than Paul Kane

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Not sure i understand that, we are just out the championship and way ahead of the next step we should have been at.

We cant have this boom and bust football anymore, it needs to be small steps, steady growth.

And growth could actually mean 4th again next season, we need to consolidate instead of having one good season then years of pish.
    Och you and your silly "keep the club solvent" stuff

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Kano was my first real Hibs hero when I was a boy. He also lived near us so we’d see him knocking about quite a lot. He even used to sort tickets for us. Got to know him over the years and he’s a good guy and definitely ‘one of our own’. I just wish he’d keep some of his anti Petrie stuff out the press. It really doesn’t help matters at a time like this.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Kano was my first real Hibs hero when I was a boy. He also lived near us so we’d see him knocking about quite a lot. He even used to sort tickets for us. Got to know him over the years and he’s a good guy and definitely ‘one of our own’. I just wish he’d keep some of his anti Petrie stuff out the press. It really doesn’t help matters at a time like this.
    I have no problems with his opinions - hes entitled - but, as someone said upthread, he is silent all year when we have a good season, then the merest hint of an issue and hes on Sportsound.

Also, some of the others were all over twitter with more anti Farmer guff.

I see these people at Hibs matches, but sometimes wonder if they are all the full shilling.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I have no problems with his opinions - hes entitled - but, as someone said upthread, he is silent all year when we have a good season, then the merest hint of an issue and hes on Sportsound.

I see these people at Hibs matches, but sometimes wonder if they are all the full shilling.
    When the meejah are looking to give Hibs a bit of a kicking they've got a go to list of people they hope will oblige.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I know he spent a fair spell here and played a decent amount of games. But is he really?
    I'd say so. He scored a couple of crackers against Hearts, most notably in the famous Tynie New Year 2-1 win when his celebration in front of the Jam Tarts led to a ticking off from the police. Later in the game, his overhead pass to Archibald led to the winner.

I think I'm right in saying he was one of the Tennents Sixes winners too. You can laugh but that was a big deal for trophyless Hibees at the time!

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    I'd say so. He scored a couple of crackers against Hearts, most notably in the famous Tynie New Year 2-1 win when his celebration in front of the Jam Tarts led to a ticking off from the police. Later in the game, his overhead pass to Archibald led to the winner.

I think I'm right in saying he was one of the Tennents Sixes winners too. You can laugh but that was a big deal for trophyless Hibees at the time!
    Big deal for Craig Levein as well as he’s been trophyless ever since

First Team Breakthrough
    he might have learnt a thing or 2 from rod during his time at hibs. he certainly knows about penny pinching. he's tighter than 2 coats of paint.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

I think that is more sports sound issue than Kano I am sure he can't pop in and out exactly when he wants

[QUOTE=lochhibs;5401366]he might have learnt a thing or 2 from rod during his time at hibs. he certainly knows about penny pinching. he's tighter than 2 coats of paint.[/QUOTE

He was a grafter as a player. And off the field.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Why should Farmer give up what he’s due? By all accounts he’s already struck a deal with the bank that’s lead to us shedding a lot of debt, that’s why we’re paying him back now. It’s a bit like saying Kano should stop taking money for pints so that people have more money to put into Hibs. Could Farmer afford to take the hit? I’m sure he could. Would I want him to? Of course. Should he? Probably not.

Hibs legend. Now man of property.
    Few people attain the status legend and Paul Kane isn't one of them

Quote Originally Posted by One Day View Post
    Few people attain the status legend and Paul Kane isn't one of them
    It all depends on your own parameters of what constitutes a legend.
    I've read on here that Ally Brazil was a legend!

I'm with you mostly but for his feats that day at Tynecastle I have a special place in my heart for Kano.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    My thoughts are that Paul Kane was one of my favourite players when I was growing up, he clearly feels deeply for the club and wants us to do well.

I don't see anything wrong with suggesting that STF could forgo debt repayments, I mean, from the outside looking in he's definitely got the personal wealth to be in a position where not getting £5m back over a period of years would make a significant difference to him.

Suggesting that he should do it is a bit different. From day one he's said we should be self sufficient and he's asking for some (not all) of his money back that was loaned to us in good faith.

Hibs is a business, not a charity, and not a single one of us are obliged to donate money. I pay into HSL because I believe that the support should have a significant stake in the club and because I want Lennon to have the best possible chance of challenging in the Premiership.
    . That's my choice and I do that under no pressure or obligation from anyone at Hibs or elsewhere.

I buy my season tickets because I want to support that team, again nobody has a gun to my head to do it, I chose to support that way.

It's absolutely right to question and challenge the people that own and run the club because if we don't then there's nobody else to hold them accountable.

I think it's just important to remember that people are allowed their opinions and either side of the debate completely dismissing the other makes the debate poorer and a solution less likely
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Paul Kane back in fantasy land again,

The Football Club's parent company H.F.C. Holdings Ltd ( Rod owns 10% of the shares and is co-director with STF )

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

Latest accounts show the company's total expenditure for year is £ 57,839 making a loss of £ 33K.

Note 3 says the company had no employees and there was no director remuneration and there was no dividends paid.

In addition to the debt due to STF , the parent company owed £ 2.2 million to Maidencraig Investments and £ 0.6 million to Halecrest Ltd, both STF companies, ( the previous year Halecrest were owed £ 1.1 million so I guess that's where the loan repayments are being channeled )

Petrie is a director of over 30 STF companies and I'm sure he is well rewarded from the businesses run by them rather than dipping into the football club money.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

The Football Club's parent company H.F.C. Holdings Ltd ( Rod owns 10% of the shares and is co-director with STF )

Latest accounts show the company's total expenditure for year is £ 57,839 making a loss of £ 33K.

Note 3 says the company had no employees and there was no director remuneration and there was no dividends paid.

In addition to the debt due to STF , the parent company owed £ 2.2 million to Maidencraig Investments and £ 0.6 million to Halecrest Ltd, both STF companies, ( the previous year Halecrest were owed £ 1.1 million so I guess that's where the loan repayments are being channeled )

Petrie is a director of over 30 STF companies and I'm sure he is well rewarded from the businesses run by them rather than dipping into the football club money.
    I'm far from an expert in these things, but would the accounts of the holding company not tell us how much was paid to the bank to settle the debt?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

You and your officially certified facts again, spoiling a bloody good tale at a time when there are folk looking to spin a different myth.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Kano was an average player, at a time where our overall level was generally quite poor. He worked hard at his skills though, so fair play to him in maximising his skills and having a decent career.

He is definitely a good Hibee..His views on there other hand are largely uninteresting and usually populist slavering....