hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thought some of the previous comments about the shop having next to nothing by way of SCF merchandise was maybe being overstated. Sadly it's not.

Was up getting my official photo with the cup this afternoon. After you're done you're shepherded through the shop to get out. Ideal time for an impulse buy you would think but there's very little to get excited about. Still a few #Persevered t-shirts, some scarves, some framed photos and a few posters. That was about it. Even the the normal stock looked pretty sparse.

Club have definitely missed out while it's all still fresh in our minds. If and when they do stock up with more of the original stuf plus hopefully a few additions to the range, some might be more selective in what they buy rather than the impulse purchases that would be made now.

Cmon Hibs - should, no must, do better!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought some of the previous comments about the shop having next to nothing by way of SCF merchandise was maybe being overstated. Sadly it's not.

Was up getting my official photo with the cup this afternoon. After you're done you're shepherded through the shop to get out. Ideal time for an impulse buy you would think but there's very little to get excited about. Still a few #Persevered t-shirts, some scarves, some framed photos and a few posters. That was about it. Even the the normal stock looked pretty sparse.

Club have definitely missed out while it's all still fresh in our minds. If and when they do stock up with more of the original stuf plus hopefully a few additions to the range, some might be more selective in what they buy rather than the impulse purchases that would be made now.

Cmon Hibs - should, no must, do better!!
    Agree with all your points. Exactly my feelings also!

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Has any Scottish cup holders had something on their next seasons top to comemarate it ?
    It wasn't on their kit but Hearts had their administration to commemorate their victory in 2012.

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    It wasn't on their kit but Hearts had their administration to commemorate their victory in 2012.
    Someone is also writing a book commemorating the famous double of 1986 as seen through the eyes of a Dundee substitute...
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

Has anyone ordered anything on line from the clubstore lately? I've had an order sitting saying "processing" for days now. How long does it usually take?

Finally got an email saying my order had been shipped.

I made the order on the 27th May!!

I am hoping the club get their act together soon as it's been a shambles how long it's taken for things to be put in shop and sent out.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Has anyone ordered anything on line from the clubstore lately? I've had an order sitting saying "processing" for days now. How long does it usually take?
    My daughter ordered stuff for fathers day Ordered on 13 th arrived on 16th but both items were in stock scarf and pen Some folk have waited a month for a tee shirt as demand high and small numbers getting delivered to the shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    My daughter ordered stuff for fathers day Ordered on 13 th arrived on 16th but both items were in stock scarf and pen Some folk have waited a month for a tee shirt as demand high and small numbers getting delivered to the shop

My order is a surprise for someone and for me too but when i made the order it said they were in stock so hope I don't have a long wait for it.

Can't believe Hibs have dragged their heels on this, I have always dreamt of being able to go on holiday with T shirt polo shirt etc. with Hibs Scottish Cup winners on it. At this rate folk will be buying hoodies for winter. They really have missed a massive cash boost with this. As others have said you really need to get these things out quickly while folk are still willing to make loads of impulse buys. If this goes on past the holidays their sales will take a huge hit compared to what they could have had.

My order is a surprise for someone and for me too but when i made the order it said they were in stock so hope I don't have a long wait for it.

Can't believe Hibs have dragged their heels on this, I have always dreamt of being able to go on holiday with T shirt polo shirt etc. with Hibs Scottish Cup winners on it. At this rate folk will be buying hoodies for winter. They really have missed a massive cash boost with this. As others have said you really need to get these things out quickly while folk are still willing to make loads of impulse buys. If this goes on past the holidays their sales will take a huge hit compared to what they could have had.
    Am on my way to the shop jus now in case stuff has been been delivered and will try again later when down getting my photo taken but am not expecting a lot to be there

Am on my way to the shop jus now in case stuff has been been delivered and will try again later when down getting my photo taken but am not expecting a lot to be there

How much would they have shifted to folk after getting their photos taken with the cup, loads I suspect? It's like coming off a Disney ride and the gift shop is empty when all the kids want a momento?

You could ask them when they expect to get some quality SC winners stuff in.

Scottish Cup Winners 2016 Merchandising

How much would they have shifted to folk after getting their photos taken with the cup, loads I suspect? It's like coming off a Disney ride and the gift shop is empty when all the kids want a momento?

You could ask them when they expect to get some quality SC winners stuff in.
    No delivery till Friday of more persevere tee shirts and polo shirts
    Not even a Mug in the shop apart from me Ended up buying a women's persevere tee shirt which i think will fit me as a stop gap as wont get through again for a few weeks
    Even bpught fridge magnets so now only two of those left

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

Not even a Mug in the shop apart from me Ended up buying a women's persevere tee shirt which i think will fit me as a stop gap as wont get through again for a few weeks

Jeezo!!

Everyone to their own but I'm not a fan of the hash tag Persevere t shirt, I want goods to say Hibernian Scottish Cup winners 2016 and a wee Scottish Cup next to it. I don't understand why they wouldn't have discussed orders with their suppliers prior to the final, chosen designs and initial quantities just in case we won. They could have fired off an e-mail at 5 o'clock on Saturday 21 May telling them to get rolling with it. It's a marketing disaster.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about all this merch stuff? Got my programme, match ticket and most importantly a memory of the best match I've ever been at. I guess we live in materialistic world. Not having a go at anyone, but just don't get it personally.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwhibs View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't care about all this merch stuff? Got my programme, match ticket and most importantly a memory of the best match I've ever been at. I guess we live in materialistic world. Not having a go at anyone, but just don't get it personally.
    Probably not the only one. And each to their own. But people like memorabilia. I now have a fair few framed photos of that day which will be taking up a wall in my house, and will cheer me up whenever I look at them. The fact the club is benefitting from our need/want to collect this stuff is a bonus.

Jeezo!!

Everyone to their own but I'm not a fan of the hash tag Persevere t shirt, I want goods to say Hibernian Scottish Cup winners 2016 and a wee Scottish Cup next to it. I don't understand why they wouldn't have discussed orders with their suppliers prior to the final, chosen designs and initial quantities just in case we won. They could have fired off an e-mail at 5 o'clock on Saturday 21 May telling them to get rolling with it. It's a marketing disaster.
    Totally agree. I obviously wasn't expecting the shop to be full of cup winning memorabilia at 9am on the Monday after the final. It's been a month now though and there's been nothing bar a few bits of tat IMO.

I sure you can appreciate that a lot of fans currently want to purchase Scottish cup merchandise, and are desperate to part with there hard earned cash.

Unfortunately the club are currently failing to deliver on expectations of the fans to give them money.

This win should have created a small goldmine even enough to help with a players wages, but so far it's been disappointing on the merchandising front. Lessons to be learned I believe.

Maybe you should care. Whether you want stuff or not, every Hibs fan should be concerned about the club passing up free money as we enter a 3rd season in lower leagues. Reckon Leanne must be absolutely fizzing by now.

Quote Originally Posted by tartanhibee View Post
    I sure you can appreciate that a lot of fans currently want to purchase Scottish cup merchandise, and are desperate to part with there hard earned cash.

Unfortunately the club are currently failing to deliver on expectations of the fans to give them money.

This win should have created a small goldmine even enough to help with a players wages, but so far it's been disappointing on the merchandising front. Lessons to be learned I believe.
    We need to be better prepared just in case it's another 100 years until we win the Holy Grail

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Maybe you should care. Whether you want stuff or not, every Hibs fan should be concerned about the club passing up free money as we enter a 3rd season in lower leagues. Reckon Leanne must be absolutely fizzing by now.
    You realise that these things don't just appear at the click of fingers. I'm sure it takes time to produce this merchandise in the sweatshops of Cambodia etc.

Of course it's great if Hibs can raise extra revenue, but to demand so much is not always great. People always need something to complain about.

Jeezo!!

Re your third and fourth line You will need to make do with a fridge magnet but even they might be sold out now green grin

You realise that these things don't just appear at the click of fingers. I'm sure it takes time to produce this merchandise in the sweatshops of Cambodia etc.

Of course it's great if Hibs can raise extra revenue, but to demand so much is not always great. People always need something to complain about.

True, but it's now four weeks since the cup win.

I bet you any money that there'll be plenty of unofficial souvenirs being sold by the street traders at our first home friendly... and that they would have had it ready within a week of the Cup Win if required.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

I bet you any money that there'll be plenty of unofficial souvenirs being sold by the street traders at our first home friendly... and that they would have had it ready within a week of the Cup Win if required.
    I'm sure you're right.

First Team Breakthrough MurrayfieldHibs's Avatar
    We could easily bring in £1m in merchandising on the back of the cup win, if we had it in stock.....

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

I work for a company that produces promo merchandise for a range of companies, local businesses to Delta Airlines. No way would any of them stand for the type of service Hibs seem to be receiving from Just Sport/Avec/Nike or whoever.

A month down the line and supply is still sporadic with most of it just tat. I'm sure it's not Hibs fault but the sooner we are out of this garbage retail deal the better imo.

If a bunch of one man bands, supporters groups etc can produce frankly better stuff than Hibs are offering at the minute then something is well wrong and money that should be going to Hibs is going elsewhere.

The only items of clothing seem to be the persevered tee shirt and a polo shirt, does anyone know of any other confirmed items

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayfieldHibs View Post
    We could easily bring in £1m in merchandising on the back of the cup win, if we had it in stock.....
    if I went to a suppliers of tee shirts & polo shirts with an idea & said I wanted 5000 of each in various sizes & colours by the end of the week ,I bet they'd be working through the night for a bonus for getting the job done on time

First Team Breakthrough MurrayfieldHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    if I went to a suppliers of tee shirts & polo shirts with an idea & said I wanted 5000 of each in various sizes & colours by the end of the week ,I bet they'd be working through the night for a bonus for getting the job done on time
    Absolutely. And Hibs would make a splendid margin which would go towards the pot of cash for players for the new season.

They should have been selling hibs photo frames to go with the photos. I'm sure they could have sold a massive amount.

This is a huge missed opportunity.

First Team Breakthrough

We were early for our slot and went to the shop, money burning a hole in my pocket. Pretty much nothing. Certainly nothing in extra fat bar steward size. In desperation I bought a couple of old style bar scarfs. My one will replace the one cremated with my father last year and I anticipate it will bring me just as much fortune as the last...