hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    This whole thread, in fact this whole message board recently, has been a complete nightmare.

Have you all all forgotten what it was like before Lennon was manger?

This has been the best few years I can remember as a Hibs fan and I hope he stays for many more years.

Sure, results have been disappointing the last few weeks but I wouldn’t have anyone else as manager if it was up to me.

When he leaves and we appoint someone else who doesn’t give a damn about results, you’ll all be wanting him back.

How about supporting him and the team through this sticky spell?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This whole thread, in fact this whole message board recently, has been a complete nightmare.

This has been the best few years I can remember as a Hibs fan and I hope he stays for many more years.

Sure, results have been disappointing the last few weeks but I wouldn’t have anyone else as manager if it was up to me.

When he leaves and we appoint someone else who doesn’t give a damn about results, you’ll all be wanting him back.

This isn’t just about the results. If it was then I’m sure we’d all be a lot more forgiving.

That press conference today sums up why I’m annoyed about it. It’s a shambles just now.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Didn't think it was that bad, why try and sugar coat things, that group of players should be doing better than they are, yes team selections could be better but guys like kamberi and mallan have been gash for weeks
    The management accept no responsibility at all. It was dreadful a shocking message to both the support and the players.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

If the board (with LD at the forefront) got the most recent appointments of Lennon right (I’m presuming you agree with this) and the Stubbs appointment right then why are they absolutely undoubtedly going to get the next one so badly wrong?

If Lennon is better than Stubbs (again I’m presuming from your post you think this) and we appointed him in the Championship then what’s to say we wont continue improving on the previous manager next time? We’re a top tier team now, maybe we could attract a better manager than we could have in the Championship?
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 07-12-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Left by mutual consent!

So it’s the players and the supports fault? The manager is showing complete disregard to the support after previously doing so too.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    No. That’s what was said word for word. What a ****in shambles.
    Oh dear.

And Lennon has the flu.

What a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This isn’t just about the results. If it was then I’m sure we’d all be a lot more forgiving.

That press conference today sums up why I’m annoyed about it. It’s a shambles just now.
    So what do you want the club do about it?

Are we seriously getting to the stage where we want a new manger?

If we are then count me out.

I’m fully 100% behind Lennon. I just wish some more of our fans were.

You’ll regret it when he leaves and we’re left with some no mark in his place

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I think both will be gone SH, certainly by start next season. For me the writing was on the wall after Tynecastle last season when Lennon said he was evaluating hi position, then came out saying utter nonsense saying 'I evaluate my position every season'.

His behaviour that night was erratic to say the least (pre and post game) and I genuinely believe he has lost a little heart and focus. Parker never inspires me whenever I hear him and he doesn't offer much during a game either.

Could really do no worse placing Grant Murray in the hot seat for a while and the pair of them (NL and GP) taking a break. Re. the budget, can only assume TA and EH are being sent back to their parent clubs and we have players lined up........can only hope they are attacking ones/options.

Anyway, what are you moaning about, it's this time of year the quality street and celebrations are out in full force hope you're well bud
    Both are going to be disappointed in January when the board only sanction 1 full signing and a couple of loans.

All good mate, well stocked up with selection boxes and tins of quality street

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK

If our management team aren’t willing to support the team then what’s our incentive? I rate most of the players personally, however it’s pretty alarming that NL seems not to.

Bad results aren’t the main issue, it’s the attitude accompanying them. Neil Lennon’s public approach to the situation is what’s really making this bad spell seem terminal.
    Last edited by SRHibs; 07-12-2018 at 06:54 PM.

We can still support the team but question the manager for the piss poor performances and being AWOL from talking to anyone about them.

There appears to be a lack of leadership coming from Lennon right now, just at the point where it’s needed the most.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    So what do you want the club do about it?

Are we seriously getting to the stage where we want a new manger?

If we are then count me out.

I’m fully 100% behind Lennon. I just wish some more of our fans were.

You’ll regret it when he leaves and we’re left with some no mark in his place
    There’s no chance we’ll replace Lennon with a no mark. We’ll do well. Again.

For anyone that hasn’t seen it yet....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mjDOCGrcV1k

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Got to be honest, I am not sure what some people really expect Parker to say?

Lennon has clearly gone awol - or flu as he likes to call it - and apart from reiterating what he said on Wednesday I cant see what else he is going to say this afternoon?

One of the journos said "is the club in turmoil" and he batted it back pretty well.

If I remember rightly, we did ok under Parker before, when Lennon was banned, so perhaps this will work ok short term?

There is clearly an issue with Lennon, hes now taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Oh dear.

And Lennon has the flu.

What a mess.
    So shambles on Wednesday night followed by Lennon ripping into them for 45 minutes after the game. The players are off on Thursday and then Lennon is off sick on Friday. Yet it’s the players that are being called out in public for not trying hard enough.

Suppose Lennon genuinely is sick today and he really does have the flu (aye right), that’s the problem with him avoiding media duties recently, it’s a case of boy who cried wolf.

Dempster can’t be very happy at seeing that today either.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    The management accept no responsibility at all. It was dreadful a shocking message to both the support and the players.
    It wasn't a shocking message, it was a true message, the players have been gash and need to improve and sooner rather than later, the players can be upset all they want, this is their job and they have been horrendous recently, regardless if they get on with Lennon or not this is their job

@hibs.net private member

Your second paragraph is bonkers - my greatest moment as a Hibs fan took place a few months before Neil Lennon arrived so I remember the time before him pretty well!

I'm probably a bit younger than some on here but after Stubbs, Mowbray and McLeish have been more successful than Lenny in my time supporting the club.

I appreciate we had some shocking managers over the years but we've had some good ones aswell. Neil Lennon has won us a lower league title and that's all.

BTW I don't want him sacked but right now the fans have a right to be unhappy.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Taken stick for it over the months but it's coming true and I'm quite happy to fully put all my cards on the table.

I don't want this pantomime anywhere near our football club.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Gamer IDs

It wasn't a shocking message, it was a true message, the players have been gash and need to improve and sooner rather than later, the players can be upset all they want, this is their job and they have been horrendous recently, regardless if they get on with Lennon or not this is their job
    They’re being switched around and played out of position all over the place. There was no need to start fannying around with the team after the Hamilton game.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by davy malcolm; 07-12-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    They’re being switched around and played out of position all over the place. There was no need to start fannying around with the team after the Hamilton game.
    How many have actually been played out of position?

I agree with Truehibernian, get Grant Murray in charge and put NL and GP on gardening leave. If there is an illness problem then he can seek help without the pressure of fan expectation and when recovered potential to come back and pick up the reins again. Alternatively if its purely down to bad management and losing the changing room then they can work out their next move without disrupting things further, I would fully expect a healthy Neil Lennon to find alternative work quite quickly and we'd be free of excessive payments etc.
    Again another alternative would be to do the same with the gardening leave but get Stubbs in as 'temporary' manager, the club, fans and players would get a huge lift imo.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Got to be honest, I am not sure what some people really expect Parker to say?

Lennon has clearly gone awol - or flu as he likes to call it - and apart from reiterating what he said on Wednesday I cant see what else he is going to say this afternoon?

One of the journos said "is the club in turmoil" and he batted it back pretty well.

If I remember rightly, we did ok under Parker before, when Lennon was banned, so perhaps this will work ok short term?

There is clearly an issue with Lennon, hes now taking the piss.
    “It’s been a tough few weeks but we’re in it together, we’re all working hard to turn it around, they’re good players they just need to find their confidence again” ........etc etc etc

Any number of cliches are bound to be more effective than creating an us and them environment within the squad.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davy malcolm View Post
    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Couldnt agree more

T
    Talented young players coming in, good football being played, a real feel good about the club, Scottish cup win, League Cup final? OK, the league campaign was very poor that season but Lennon only got 1pt more with eye bleeding football and Stubbs had a month like we have coming ahead several months in a row as we were competing on three fronts.

Now we get past it journeymen in, the football is poor, we're 8th in the table, there's a malaise about the club and press conferences that boil down to "not my fault, blame that lot".

Have you forgotten the potential we had?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    “It’s been a tough few weeks but we’re in it together, we’re all working hard to turn it around, they’re good players they just need to find their confidence again” ........etc etc etc

Any number of cliches are bound to be more effective than creating an us and them environment within the squad.
    Why? Everyone will know it's all crap anyway which will lead to supporters moaning that they are talking rubbish

So I accept I’m in the minority here.

Just stop and think about things for a moment though.

It wasn’t so long ago that we were all delighted with Lennon’s chat and that we had toughened up as a club. A few bad result s and that’s out the window aye?

We must be the worst bunch of fans in the country.

Sticking behind your team during bad periods is what it’s surely all about. We on the other hand appear to relish the opportunity to say that we’re crap and wallow in self pity.

Couldnt give a damn what’s said in press conferences personally but I love hearing what Lennon has to say.

Whilst you might think its strange /wrong / cowardly to avoid the press just now I think he’s absolutely correct. There’s nothing he could say to please you guys or the media so why should he bother.

I’m going to continue supporting him and my team in the hope that things improve.

You can all do whatever the hell you want.

So I accept I’m in the minority here.

Just stop and think about things for a moment though.

It wasn’t so long ago that we were all delighted with Lennon’s chat and that we had toughened up as a club. A few bad result s and that’s out the window aye?

We must be the worst bunch of fans in the country.

Sticking behind your team during bad periods is what it’s surely all about. We on the other hand appear to relish the opportunity to say that we’re crap and wallow in self pity.

Couldnt give a damn what’s said in press conferences personally but I love hearing what Lennon has to say.

Whilst you might think its strange /wrong / cowardly to avoid the press just now I think he’s absolutely correct. There’s nothing he could say to please you guys or the media so why should he bother.

I’m going to continue supporting him and my team in the hope that things improve.

You can all do whatever the hell you want.
    If Lennon and Parker can't do that then why should we?

Gamer IDs

Why? Everyone will know it's all crap anyway which will lead to supporters moaning that they are talking rubbish
    “Win as a team, lose as a team.” Acknowledgement of the fact that everyone needs to do better, as opposed to just putting all the blame on the players, would be a decent compromise.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Watching that was awful.

“We’ve got to go with what we’ve got until we get to the January window.”

Inspiring words for the players and fans. That implies wholesale changes to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post
    Watching that was awful.

“We’ve got to go with what we’ve got until we get to the January window.”

Inspiring words for the players and fans. That implies wholesale changes to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's the precise same rhetoric that Butcher used.