hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Is it still possible for us to win the league at Morton ?

Would love it for Lennon and McGregor to give it a giruy to Duffy and his team of hackers after last night

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it still possible for us to win the league at Morton ?

Would love it for Lennon and McGregor to give it a giruy to Duffy and his team of hackers after last night
    Team of hackers?

I thought that Morton played decent football last night, certainly slicker and quicker than we did.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Team of hackers?

I thought that Morton played decent football last night, certainly slicker and quicker than we did.
    They did play some decent football but doesn't change the fact they where reckless at times with their tackles and nearly took out Forsters leg. The last 5 minutes completely soured my opinion of them. Hope we pump them.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    Too many on here on their high horses re Lenny saying not fitting of a Hibs manager blah blah blah clearly dont like him anyway so an excuse to have a go.
    Lenny is right he will be the bad guy usual.
    Glad we have a manager that has passion (and shows it) and will stand up to what he sees in front of his eyes.
    He will get us promoted at first attempt.
    Agree. 👍🏼

I dont actually think if Darren was to be suspended for 3 games it would be a massive loss at this time.

He has been fantastic for us and would always be one of my first choices for the centre half role but he has played a massive amount of football over the past 3 seasons and has barely missed a game.

I know he has had issues with his knee as well so an enforced rest may not be the worst thing in the world and have him back fresh for the semi final. Hanlon and Ambrose will be fine at centre half in the meantime.

I thought the thread title was the entirety of Peter Houston's pre-match team talk on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Am I right in thinking as Darren's red was for violent conduct he would miss 3 games? (unless the appeal is successful of course).
    Think so. And I think that includes the semi final if it's violent conduct.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    If that's the case, next time he'd be better getting hung for a sheep than a lamb - if you know what I mean.
    That would send a message out to these cowardly thesbians.
    Last edited by snooky; 30-03-2017 at 11:43 AM.

McGregor and Lennon are the captain on the pitch and the manager. As the team's leaders they would have done themselves and Hibs a favour by keeping better control of themselves. The tackle was a disgrace, but if they'd left it to the referee we'd have finished the game with 11 v 10 and they'd be available for the next match. I don't mean they shouldn't have said anything to the ref, but to get themselves in trouble was foolish.

The one relief for me was seeing Jordan Forster get up and complete the game. From his reaction and the immediate response of the physios I was worried that he'd been seriously injured.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    If that's the case, next time he'd been better getting hung for a sheep than a lamb - if you know what I mean.
    That would send a message out to these cowardly thesbians.
    Aye, he did go down like a big girly

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Passionate yes, embarrassing yes.

Not the behaviour expected from the main man in one of Scotland biggest clubs.

Spot on totally embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Team of hackers?

correct I dont know what game some people attended last night Morton are a good side

If McGregor's red card is quashed or reduced to a yellow (as it should), the Morton No 9 should be given an additional Red (two red cards) one for the leg-breaker tackle and one for simulation. They should throw the book at the guy - no place for that in the game.

And if Jim Duffy was anything other than a 12 year old, he would have publicly condemned that tackle and the embarrassing simulation by his player which caused all the trouble. Managers need to take some responsibility as times.
    Last edited by Onion; 30-03-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    McGregor and Lennon are the captain on the pitch and the manager. As the team's leaders they would have done themselves and Hibs a favour by keeping better control of themselves. The tackle was a disgrace, but if they'd left it to the referee we'd have finished the game with 11 v 10 and they'd be available for the next match. I don't mean they shouldn't have said anything to the ref, but to get themselves in trouble was foolish.

The one relief for me was seeing Jordan Forster get up and complete the game. From his reaction and the immediate response of the physios I was worried that he'd been seriously injured.
    well said .

Jordon has damaged his shoulder i think could be a collar bone broken hope not

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Duffy sanctioned for getting in Lennons area, Lennon sanctioned for his reaction, Daz lowered his head hence a red, shocking challenge and blatant acting afterwards so another red.

The ref got it all right.

The fact that is a red card for Mcgregor is an absolute joke however by the letter of the law it is.

Seems like no one is allowed to show a bit aggression these days.

McGregor only got sent off after the Referee consulted with his linesman who would not have known there was no contact made.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Clear footage here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/alirv5/status/847207013625024512
    Have to say i dont see what mcgregor did to merit a red - if that was worth a red then most players should habe got a red.

Dont mind that from Lennon, but he deserved to be sent off. Duffy looks a bit worse because he is over in hibs area, but rhey are both just defending their players.

Wee morton boy acts like a right wee snidey noel hunt though
    Last edited by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy; 30-03-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    If McGregor's red card is quashed or reduced to a yellow (as it should), the Morton No 9 should be given an additional Red (two red cards) one for the leg-breaker tackle and one for simulation. They should throw the book at the guy - no place for that in the game.

And if Jim Duffy was anything other than a 12 year old, he would have publicly condemned that tackle and the embarrassing simulation by his player which caused all the trouble. Managers need to take some responsibility as times.
    Managers must take control when players do that. Colemans lack of comment on Taylor's shocking tackle on Coleman sums it up. McCall should have castigated his player for the assault on McGinn but never. These are challenges you're used to seeing in the juniors. The fact that Duffy hasn't said anything shows he is condoning that behaviour. As I said before no wonder scottish football is at an all time low. The evidence is all around you and no amount of tactics stop these assaults. The sfa and the ref association need to send out guidelines to stop guys like Oliver getting booked after 6 fouls. Don't you just love the passion though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Tye only person who should be ashamed is Mortons No9. Cheating pure and simple leaving refs with no chance when players carry on like that.

No9 is a cheat end of.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    Too many on here on their high horses re Lenny saying not fitting of a Hibs manager blah blah blah clearly dont like him anyway so an excuse to have a go.
    Lenny is right he will be the bad guy usual.
    Glad we have a manager that has passion (and shows it) and will stand up to what he sees in front of his eyes.
    He will get us promoted at first attempt.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    That would be 4 games

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    It's strange one, I absolutely love the passion he is showing and it is something we have lacked but that is no way for a high profile public figure to conduct themselves.
    Put it this way, what were everyone's thoughts when he behaved like this as the Celtc manager or even as a player where on many occasions he overstepped the mark and lost the plot, I can't remember folk on here saying "what a passionate guy Lennon is" he got it tight for his behaviour, and it was never going to change when became our manager, he will always behave like that when it kicks off.

The away game to them is now a must watch game.

Having watched it loads of times I don't think Darren gestured with his head and it looked like there was no contact. If anything it was Dazs quiff which made contact. The ref clearly only saw it out of the corner of his eye and with what was going in it was guesswork on his part and the linesman. In any normal situation a panel of ex pros would rescind the red card and hit their thespian with a simulation charge. I'm actually now raging having watched it as it's a shocking challenge and then shocking simulation. I'd be embarrassed if I was Jim Duffy but given how it ended at et for him I doubt he will be. Scottish football,what a joke. Btw the game not on any media but we get some garbage spl games covered on TV and radio when there is 3 to 4,000 attending as opposed to the 15,000 last night. If it was still rangers in the championship it would have been covered. Absolutely pathetic and why the game is on its knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Gutted he never laid out Duffy.
    Thought you were against violence

Surely only for league games, he should be okay for the semi final.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    His initial reaction was understandable however it ran on too long and he needed to step back. Easier said than done though.
    Lennon crossed the touchline onto the field of play. That's a no-no, absolutely. He was confronting the Morton player, which, since he's the manager of the opposing team, is also a definite no-no. It was then that Duffy seemed to get involved, and then it was handbags - probably weighted with a couple of flat-irons apiece - at ten paces with the sensible mature members of the entourage attempting to restore the peace.

The initial tackle was a clear red card, but McGregor did push his head forward and made contact. The Morton guy's reaction was exaggerated, true, but there's no way McGregor will succeed wit an appeal on the basis of that clip.

Bottom line, the lesson needs to be learned - the pitch is for the players and officials and no one else, and that managers and players have to leave it to the referee and his assistants - be they good. bad or indifferent - to issue warnings and cards.

There will be repercussions, which at this stage we really do not need.
    Last edited by --------; 30-03-2017 at 11:08 PM.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    He's not a high ranking politician or a captain of industry, he manages a group of men who play a game for a living. No real harm was done and it gives us all plenty to talk about instead of concentrating on the really important stuff in life. I really have no problem at all with the way he behaved last night, it just adds to the drama for me.
    Couldn't agree more, all a bit of a storm in a teacup. It will give the people with an agenda an excuse to have a pop at Lennon tho'.. No doubt Duffy's media pals will be lining up to defend him and will be doing their best to shift the blame onto Lennon and Hibs.

I dont particularly think it was all just about Duffy's comments last night, I think NL is getting increasingly frustrated at seeing us on the end of weak referees who allow opposition to get away with persistent fouling week in/week out.

Im more disappointed by our efforts in the final third last night than I am by our managers reaction to the Forster tackle.

Left by mutual consent!
    Full highlights/rammy/interview here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsjJhiq_DQE