hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Alan Stubbs interview

Not too chuffed with the pitch invasion after the final ...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...ward-1-4334120

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Graeme McPherson's interview in The Herald dwells on the parade. All down to what the writer chooses to highlight. Sorry, can't do links on the phone.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Thanks Calum

Personally I couldn't care less if the players were able to parade the trophy around the pitch at hampden. The pitch is that far away from most of the fans they'd still have been miles away from us anyway.

Hope Stubbs gets himself back in the game soon.

he's just saying what he has to say isn't he? I don't read any strong personal feelings into what he's said. as a professional in the game he can't be seen to condone what happened.

"Everyone would say that shouldn’t have happened but anyone with a bit of romance for the cup and the history of that club could understand, in the right way, why it happened."

seems fair to me.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    He pretty much sums up my feelings on the pitch invasion.....I wish it hadn't happened and I'd love to have a team photo on the pitch with the cup on my wall but in the grand scheme of things, I don't really care. In 20 years time, the photos of the pitch full of green & white clad fans will be far more evocative & iconic images.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    He pretty much sums up my feelings on the pitch invasion.....I wish it hadn't happened and I'd love to have a team photo on the pitch with the cup on my wall but in the grand scheme of things, I don't really care. In 20 years time, the photos of the pitch full of green & white clad fans will be far more evocative & iconic images.
    My thoughts exactly. Not my ideal ending to my greatest footballing moment but didn't even come close to ruining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Personally I couldn't care less if the players were able to parade the trophy around the pitch at hampden. The pitch is that far away from most of the fans they'd still have been miles away from us anyway.

Hope Stubbs gets himself back in the game soon.
    Wasn't the fans that stopped them parading the trophies it was the blazers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Deary dear, any chance to have a dig they had no choice after the pitch invasion and I really think it may have been a Police decison.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Deary dear, any chance to have a dig they had no choice after the pitch invasion and I really think it may have been a Police decison.
    They did have a choice though. With the amount of police there would have prevented any further invasions

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    If the pitch invasion didn't happen then the Cup Final would not still be in the news anywhere near as much as it still is. I'm glad it happened. Most memorable final ever.

It was just exuberance, anyway.

PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

New Year and all that, so let's resolve to stop selectively quoting from interviews in order to suit an agenda.

My impression is that Stubbs' feelings about that weekend are overwhelmingly positive ones.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    New Year and all that, so let's resolve to stop selectively quoting from interviews in order to suit an agenda.

My impression is that Stubbs' feelings about that weekend are overwhelmingly positive ones.
    I didn't selectively quote from anything. Even if the the Scotsman have decided to print only certain parts of what was said, there are direct quotes basically saying that he understands why there was an invasion but he regrets that it happened.

Nonsense it was done for no other reason than spite, the blazers called for this or should I say Sevco, just look at the pictures of Doncaster speaking to Sevco officials when the hibs fans are on the pitch. If it was Celtic fans on the pitch do you really think they would have stopped the players coming out. No chance

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandMoaner View Post
    Nonsense it was done for no other reason than spite, the blazers called for this or should I say Sevco, just look at the pictures of Doncaster speaking to Sevco officials when the hibs fans are on the pitch. If it was Celtic fans on the pitch do you really think they would have stopped the players coming out. No chance
    As soon as the invasion took place the chances of the team parading the cup on the pitch were ZERO if anyone can't aknowledge that they really are blinkered. There was not a hope in hell the Police, Stewards or "Blazers" would take the risk. Imagine the outcry had only a few fans managed to get back on the pitch. Hibs fans can only blame themselves. As has been said before it did not spoil it for me but it was disappointing.We really need take responsibility and stop blaming others.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    The sight of all those fans running on after waiting all their lives will always vastly outweigh any wee walk round the pitch with the cup for me.

The real parade happened the next day.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    The sight of all those fans running on after waiting all their lives will always vastly outweigh any wee walk round the pitch with the cup for me.

The real parade happened the next day.
    This. The pictures of the invasion are iconic and will last long after any pics of the players on the pitch after a presentation. The only regret is any knock on financially for damage and any budgeting issues at the beginning of the season having to perhaps keep some cash aside for any possible fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    If the pitch invasion didn't happen then the Cup Final would not still be in the news anywhere near as much as it still is. I'm glad it happened. Most memorable final ever.

It was just exuberance, anyway.

The Persevered tour will have seen the Scottish Cup win in the news plenty. All of the news positive. There are many things said of the pitch invasion but I can't agree with the above. After 114 years that cup win would have been heard round the world regardless.

I think responsibility needs to lie with those intent on causing trouble. Previous pitch invasions have never deterred trophy presentations.

However after Rangers thugs bent on spoiling the celebrations came on to attack our fans the police took the decision to put horses and extra police on to the park.

I don't blame the police. I blame the Rangers thugs for deliberately spoiling part of our celebrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Exactly. There was absolutely no reason why the players couldn't have come out into the pitch with the cup.

Left by mutual consent!
    As soon as the invasion took place the chances of the team parading the cup on the pitch were ZERO if anyone can't aknowledge that they really are blinkered. There was not a hope in hell the Police, Stewards or "Blazers" would take the risk. Imagine the outcry had only a few fans managed to get back on the pitch. Hibs fans can only blame themselves. As has been said before it did not spoil it for me but it was disappointing.We really need take responsibility and stop blaming others.

Spot on.I understand the initial running on.However I blame the ones afterwards who decided to wander on to take selfies as if they were having a stroll in the park and then wouldn't get off.The vast majority didn't go on and wanted the pitch cleared.

Given the number of police and stewards in front of our fans when the trophy was presented there was no chance of anyone getting on the pitch even if they'd wanted to.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Given the number of police and stewards in front of our fans when the trophy was presented there was no chance of anyone getting on the pitch even if they'd wanted to.
    Unfortunately that is not the point.

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    The sight of seeing the players on the pitch with the cup wearing funny hats would have been nice. The images of the sheer wave of fans uncontrolable emotions and to be a part of it, now that made the day the best of my life.
    45 AND RISING

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Boom. Totally agree. Plus it didn't spoil the day for me.

Once everyone had gone back to their seats and the police horses were on the pitch, there was never any danger of another invasion.

The players could have come onto the pitch without any problem.

Just ask Cummings or lewy how they felt about the pitch invasion. I'm pretty sure they enjoyed it given that they were both still on the pitch as the fans were going off😂.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    They did have a choice though. With the amount of police there would have prevented any further invasions
    They had no choice without blowing a hole in their considered decision to allow Hibs fans onto the pitch at FT. This was done deliberately (apparently) by the 3 policemen left in the stadium to prevent self harm, crush injuries and fatalities in the stands.

Fact they had 10 times as many police, 20 mins after FT, doesn't change that.