hibs.net Messageboard

John Robertson's Interview after 20-5 Defeat.

I thought it was quite funny

HERE

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Good stuff.

Left by mutual consent!
    I heard they came out with fire in their eyes in the second half when they found out that all their half time pies had been snarfed.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

HERE
    "We just couldn't handle their 37 forwards..."

HaHa, that was good fun!

I had no idea he was even ICT manager

A formation Levein would never consider - 30-30-40. Nice one 😀

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Used to run behind the goals in front of us & do an ugly halfwitted wee dance sometimes when scorin for them against us. They idolise him. Their record goalscorer against us. Wee fatty's goals ruined many a Saturday of mine. Nae rehabilitation for that. Made a poppy thief bed, now can lie in it. Uncomfortably I hope. Not welcome.

Good on him. The kids will have loved their day and if it encourages them to support ICT rather than Rantic, he should be applauded. Just don't understand why people can be miserable about this and if it was Lennon, we would be lauding him for fantastic PR.

I enjoyed that, fair play to him.

Quite impressed that a Jambo can count up to 100 as well!

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Used to run behind the goals in front of us & do an ugly halfwitted wee dance sometimes when scorin for them against us. They idolise him. Their record goalscorer against us. Wee fatty's goals ruined many a Saturday of mine. Nae rehabilitation for that. Made a poppy thief bed, now can lie in it. Uncomfortably I hope. Not welcome.
    Aye, but if he had done it for us we would be worshiping him Major. It is OK to acknowledge a nemesis of ours when he is doing something positive...and actually quite funny. The bairns looked as if they had a great time and there is a reasonable chance they might go on to support ICT - which was one of the objectives of the exercise. Also noted that he supported the HOH campaign and spoke publicly against Mercer at the time

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Brilliant. Knew John from my first job after leaving school. He was a decent guy and Hibby. Glad things have turned around for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    Aye, but if he had done it for us we would be worshiping him Major. It is OK to acknowledge a nemesis of ours when he is doing something positive...and actually quite funny. The bairns looked as if they had a great time and there is a reasonable chance they might go on to support ICT - which was one of the objectives of the exercise. Also noted that he supported the HOH campaign and spoke publicly against Mercer at the time
    Nah- if ye'd seen wee ugly wi his dance, if ye'd been there in the 80s, if ye'd experienced the poppy theivin Lady Haig fund robbin odious jardine/mcdonald worshippin thugs fi then, ye might come close to understandin! But nae time for that, & where it came from, & what it became.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

HERE
    Me too!
    Having a laugh with the kids - what's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Brilliant. Knew John from my first job after leaving school. He was a decent guy and Hibby. Glad things have turned around for him.
    He is the same age as me so I played against him throughout our high school years. He always shook our hands but a couple of other guys from the same era (medals McKay and Dave bowman) ignored us on a few occasions- especially if we managed to score against them. One time we beat Portobello high school and although Robertson said well done, Dave Bowman was apoplectic and was shouting at his coach (who had criticised him) through embittered tears that he couldn't get the ball from us.we must have played well that day as we rarely won. They were all good footballers mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    He is the same age as me so I played against him throughout our high school years. He always shook our hands but a couple of other guys from the same era (medals McKay and Dave bowman) ignored us on a few occasions- especially if we managed to score against them. One time we beat Portobello high school and although Robertson said well done, Dave Bowman was apoplectic and was shouting at his coach (who had criticised him) through embittered tears that he couldn't get the ball from us.we must have played well that day as we rarely won. They were all good footballers mind you.
    Bowman = thug Jambo. At 2nd leith Scouts, him & his bro, ye dinnae skelp kids, playin rugby Leith links, 14 yr auld Bowman wiped me at 12 out wi 2 fingers in the eyes. There's winnin, then there's. Bowman! Nae wonder the biggest thugs ae of he 80s mcdonald & jardine loved that thug. Was what they called in them days -poppy thief class - i.e. Thug, less skill but able to crock opt in first 10 & try for a thug result, big team. big diddy thug mcdonald/jardine- results came for Wallet Mercers - big team- cos they absolutely wiped oot opposition.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I enjoyed that, fair play to him.

Quite impressed that a Jambo can count up to 100 as well!
    Yeah, but it only takes them less than eight and a half pairs of hands.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Nah- if ye'd seen wee ugly wi his dance, if ye'd been there in the 80s, if ye'd experienced the poppy theivin Lady Haig fund robbin odious jardine/mcdonald worshippin thugs fi then, ye might come close to understandin! But nae time for that, & where it came from, & what it became.
    Jardine was a very good footballer and a decent bloke for a Hunnish Jambo bassa

I was there, I was there. It ripped the guts from me but I still went along every flipping derby. Still, I do my best to let things I can't control slide. Otherwise I might end up unable to put things into perspective and give credit where it is due - even if it is to someone who ruined my late teenage /early 20s years!😡

Very funny. Well done

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk