hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: How much?

@hibs.net private member

How much?

Not been abroad for a good few years now and I'm wondering how many Euros I should take on a 2 week all inclusive holiday to Ibiza?

Family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids).

Cheers

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Depends how many excursions you plan to go on and how often you want to eat and drink outwith your hotel and if you need transport back and forth from the airport.

It's hard to pluck a number out of the air with the information available but I'll give it a go!

The average excursion is maybe 105 euros for the family (30 adult and 15 kids) and lets say you go on 3 of these, that's 315. Then say you eat out for dinner once a week at 100 per meal, that's 200. Maybe have to pay for lunch on excursion days at 25 a go is another 100. Some drinks while out and about coming to 100. Gifts/Souvenirs at 50 Euros. Taking the obligatory bottle of spirit back because it's £2 cheaper than Tesco will be another 15 euros a pop.

That's 795, plus a 10% buffer is c.875 to be safe.

Or you could just sit by the pool all day and eat in the hotel and take no gifts, at which point just take 5 euros to get bottles of water when you land and you're sorted.

Let me know how close I was when you're back

and enjoy!
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends how many excursions you plan to go on and how often you want to eat and drink outwith your hotel and if you need transport back and forth from the airport.

It's hard to pluck a number out of the air with the information available but I'll give it a go!

The average excursion is maybe 105 euros for the family (30 adult and 15 kids) and lets say you go on 3 of these, that's 315. Then say you eat out for dinner once a week at 100 per meal, that's 200. Maybe have to pay for lunch on excursion days at 25 a go is another 100. Some drinks while out and about coming to 100. Gifts/Souvenirs at 50 Euros. Taking the obligatory bottle of spirit back because it's £2 cheaper than Tesco will be another 15 euros a pop.

That's 795, plus a 10% buffer is c.875 to be safe.

Or you could just sit by the pool all day and eat in the hotel and take no gifts, at which point just take 5 euros to get bottles of water when you land and you're sorted.

Let me know how close I was when you're back

and enjoy!
    Cheers mate - was thinking 1 day at a water park (price to book now is £200) and maybe the jeep safari but that's about £400.

Other than that pool and beach most of the time - so some costs at the beach but just drink and ice lollies and that.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Cheers mate - was thinking 1 day at a water park (price to book now is £200) and maybe the jeep safari but that's about £400.

Other than that pool and beach most of the time - so some costs at the beach but just drink and ice lollies and that.
    The problem seems to be that you're taking your kids - pricey decision. 😉
    Mon the Hibs.

We're off to Ibiza in a couple of weeks usually take around £500 as we tend to stay in the hotel.

We might go out for dinner once or twice the rest is used for deposits for the towels and safe also the kids tend to get a few posh ice creams that are not in the all inclusive!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Where about in Ibiza you going?

I took my then 4 year old son last year. He loved the holiday and all that but I found there wasn't really much to do in terms of things for kids. The water park is there but we didnt go as heard pretty poor things about it. We did do a pirate tour thing, basically a catamaran boat trip and aguy dressed as a pirate. It left from San Antonio and was a decent laugh to be honest, my son enjoyed it any ways.

Other than that we spent it at the all inclusive hotel, or managed to leave my son with his grandma whilst me and the wife took a wee trip Mambos

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    The problem seems to be that you're taking your kids - pricey decision. 😉
    Absolutely! Having 3 was a costly choice as well.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    We're off to Ibiza in a couple of weeks usually take around £500 as we tend to stay in the hotel.

We might go out for dinner once or twice the rest is used for deposits for the towels and safe also the kids tend to get a few posh ice creams that are not in the all inclusive!
    Cheers mate - I reckon I'll take about that as well.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Where about in Ibiza you going?

I took my then 4 year old son last year. He loved the holiday and all that but I found there wasn't really much to do in terms of things for kids. The water park is there but we didnt go as heard pretty poor things about it. We did do a pirate tour thing, basically a catamaran boat trip and aguy dressed as a pirate. It left from San Antonio and was a decent laugh to be honest, my son enjoyed it any ways.

Other than that we spent it at the all inclusive hotel, or managed to leave my son with his grandma whilst me and the wife took a wee trip Mambos
    San Antonio Bay - I was reading a review and looking at photos of the water park earlier. I'm not convinced it's worth the money. Is there only the 1 waterpark?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    San Antonio Bay - I was reading a review and looking at photos of the water park earlier. I'm not convinced it's worth the money. Is there only the 1 waterpark?
    I was in the bay for a fortnight last year, don't thinknthe waterpark jas a great reputation and doesn't look good value, we didn't bother.

There's quite a few bars with arcades, mini golf and stuff for kids so that's where we spent most of our cash. How much you'd need for that depends if you're more disciplined than we were.

Where are you staying? I can't remember the name of our hotel but if it's the same as yours that may jog my memory.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Is it the water park behind what was Space nightclub? If so I'd say it's probably not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Is it the water park behind what was Space nightclub? If so I'd say it's probably not worth it.

Is/was that not in Playa Den Bossa? I was there 5/6 years ago and thought it was pretty good to be honest.

Id be budgeting £100 a day. You can always bring it back.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Id be budgeting £100 a day. You can always bring it back.
    That's far too much for an all inclusive holiday.

United we stand here....

Not if He is hiring a car etc as described above. I figured money will need to be spent on lunch or dinner when out, petrol etc. Ibza can be quite expensive.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    That's far too much for an all inclusive holiday.
    Disagree. Frustrating as it is all inclusive is nowhere near all it makes it out to be unless you are already paying a large premium for the package, basic packages gives you as it says on the tin. Ultimately you will always pay nearly a 3 figure sum when all inclusive and with a young family possibly even more. Circumstances do dictate though.

This is all in my personal experience mind you?
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Disagree. Frustrating as it is all inclusive is nowhere near all it makes it out to be unless you are already paying a large premium for the package, basic packages gives you as it says on the tin. Ultimately you will always pay nearly a 3 figure sum when all inclusive and with a young family possibly even more. Circumstances do dictate though.

This is all in my personal experience mind you?
    I always pay for a good quality hotel so that you don't get bored with the food and there's needs to be plenty to do entertainment wise to keep you and the family occupied. I still go out for a meal 3 or 4 times and maybe a couple of trips.
    The less you pay for an all inclusive holiday, the more you end up spending when you're there.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Not if He is hiring a car etc as described above. I figured money will need to be spent on lunch or dinner when out, petrol etc. Ibza can be quite expensive.
    I agree, Ibiza is very expensive, especially when comparing it to the rest of Spain.

Remember also that kids here aren't always seen as kids there so when it comes to a family day out a family of four, 2 adults and 2 kids becomes 4 adults.