hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Just read the statement .....

Towel.jpg

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really hope your wrong mate. Both our reps have been elected and as such have responsibilities to communicate to the support. If you are right and they don't then they will damage a lot of faith in what's I still think is a worthy initiatives. So come on Tracey and Frank - we need to hear from you.
    They will no doubt release a statement tomorrow saying how they listened to a lot of fans views before voting. You won't hear from them again after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Good thing they secured that 3 year contract before coming out with the statement.
    Rod's no daft..

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Really? There's disagreeing then there's calling out those that disagree as being a concerted effort to silence the complainants, which is mental.

Who are these usual suspects?
    Nobody is saying that all those who disagree are part of some great conspiracy. But if you dare to go back a few weeks in the Rangers thread, you'll notice a few posters who suddenly changed their tune from calling for action, to "lets move on". Posters with high post counts on here who are known to have close connections with club insiders. It doesn't take much to work out that they got an inside scoop on what the tone of the official statement was going to be and as such was attempting to prepare this board for the inevitable backlash.

Some people have been saying for ages that we should just move on and that's fair enough. But there are certain posters who had a sudden change of heart on the issue all at the same time, dating back a few weeks prior to this statement release.

First Team Regular GORDONSMITH7's Avatar
    Honestly, how can we move forward, when we just accept more of the past? If someone can answer that one for me, i'll shut up for the next several weeks.
    "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it." - George Santayana

BIG G

Out of interest, do we know who the other unnamed club is, who is also asking for an independent review? I would take a guess and say Dundee Utd.

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Out of interest, do we know who the other unnamed club is, who is also asking for an independent review? I would take a guess and say Dundee Utd.

Alloa I think, didn't they have to forfeit a game because of an ineligible player?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bee View Post
    Alloa I think, didn't they have to forfeit a game because of an ineligible player?
    They did that. Not sure what that has to do with Rangers but?

First Team Regular GORDONSMITH7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    So Hibs have taken the very same stance as Aberdeen then? It will only be Celtic that want all this dragged up again.
    Dragged up sounds like the ' Don't wash your dirty washing in public' as my auld granny would say in the 50's, decades ago. Neither you nor the Hibs Board get this, the dirty washing is in the public arena and their cheating cost Hibs and other teams plenty of dough over several years. The outrageous statement today by the discredited Regan, along with Aberdeen's and Hibs were grim and Dons and Hibs fans who were there when this gangsterism was taking place, will not condone either Boards statements.The transparency and accountability that mattyf mentioned earlier on is absolutely fundamental to what has happened here. I have had season tickets for over 50 years and Hibs have been absolutely brilliant to me and my family over the past couple of years, however I just dinae get this.

BIG G

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    They did that. Not sure what that has to do with Rangers but?
    Just trying to understand why Mulraney would take that stance but maybe it's because Alloa were punished for fielding an ineligible player in a game and punished accordingly, rightly so but Oldco fielded an ineligible team for years without punishment, I'd certainly be a bit peeved.

In all honesty, as I have said many times, none of this would be an issue amongst Scottish football fans if The Rangers 2012 were not claiming to be the owners of 50 Scottish league titles, including several they clearly cheated to obtain ...... It is clear they are spitting in the face of our game and this issue isn't going to go away so long as they continue to do so.

What I wish Hibs had done was to issue the same statement as they have done, but at the same time make it clear that it is the opinion of the club ( even though it is now our intention to let the issue lie ) that the titles and trophies won by Rangers 1872 and claimed by The Rangers 2012 during the EBT years were won by underhanded and unsporting methods and that if The Rangers 2012 had an ounce of sporting integrity and cared in the slightest about the good name of Scottish football they would in a dignified manner return these honours to the sports governing body and request that the official Scottish football records be amended to show titles and trophies won by the club in that period as 'void'

It is not too late for Hibs to do this ..... Hibs know and we all know that The Rangers FC 2012 have about as much sporting integrity as Lance Armstrong and that there is no way they would allow such a statement by Hibs to prick the conscience they clearly don't have and do what the statement says ..... That wont matter, from our point of view Hibs would have said it and it would at least dissipate some of the anger being directed at the club on the back of yesterdays pretty insipid and lukewarm statement.

One thing Hibs don't need to consider is thoughts of such a statement damaging our relationship with Sevco .... that ship sailed years ago.

C'mon Hibs ........ do it for us !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Rangers have been punished by having four years in the wilderness and almost guaranteeing they'll watch Celtic get 10 in a row.

Title stripping legally isn't an option. What more do people want?
    How do you know that title stripping is not an option? The Rangers have never been punished they are a new club. Lance Armstrong was stripped of all his titles, after the fact, the SFA just need to say "these titles were won unfairly and are null and void". No titles or cups are awarded to anyone else.
    The Hibs board sat back after the Cup Final and didn't comment on all the BS that was in the papers and reported by certain media pundits, our team was dragged through the mud without a whimper about The Rangers statements.
    Sorry about ranting here but this just stinks of RP covering his backside and I'm really very disappointed with my club today.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    I'm on holiday so literally just read the club's statement and then this thread.

Definitelly needs put in the vault for the sheer indignation and rage, there's some comedy gold there

We can all remember when it initially flared up with the Huns, there was talk of them keeping their place in the top-flight but Rod did his 'sporting intergrity ' bit (for which they still hate him).

Credit to Rod for that and recognition that it's taken years but most folk appreciate now why we invested in the ground and East Mains.

Leann has been practically made a saint on here, with fair reason. I was an initial doubter but she has drive and determination to not just improve the team, but the club as well and more broadly, what Hibernian stands for in the community, outwith football. Other clubs can only dream and aspire to do what our club does.

Getting back to the point though, Leann and Rod are sharp operators, as I'm sure are the rest of the board.

If this is the Board's statement then it won't have been issued without a lot of thought.

I suspect it has been issued partly in reaction to the concerns being raised but nevertheless, I trust that they have the facts, information and advice available, as best it is, and their decision-making is based on that.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I am disappointed in the statement. The club have really been in turn with the fans since Leeann took over but it seems the board are very much in the minority in their views. They cheated and shouldn't get away with it. To me it's even worse if we're seen to be confining it. Especially as a club that spoke out about sporting integrity when the new Rangers wanted to join the SPL.

I have been a Hibs supporter for 40-odd years. They have made me cry, they have made me angry, they have disappointed me on many occasions but today is a new low because I am disgusted. Pander to the cheats and the bigots? No thanks. I thought Hibs were better than that.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    My view on this statement... I've read it a couple of times and to be honest it's was shock then disappointment and now to anger.

How can our board come to the conclusion that we should just leave this be??? I've no interest in rangers or the rangers being stripped of anything. In the same way I wouldn't want livi or hearts stripped of their cup wins against us.

But it worries me that their are people in very powerful positions running and making decisions on the game I love who are clearly not fit for purpose. What are they trying to hide? How deep does this go? Is Petrie involved? If so how much did he know? And the most worrying question in my mind right now is did it have a negative effect on hibs?

This statement does nothing to answer these questions and I wouldn't expect it to.... but the enquiry you would hope will.

The statement leaves more questions than answers in my mind.

I'm a little torn on this. Do I think it's a horrible statement/stance for hibs to Release/take? Yup. Do I want to continue pissing and moaning like a wee laddie over something I have absolutely no influence over, which has little to no chance of changing? No.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    I'm a little torn on this. Do I think it's a horrible statement/stance for hibs to Release/take? Yup. Do I want to continue pissing and moaning like a wee laddie over something I have absolutely no influence over, which has little to no chance of changing? No.
    Like a load of other folk I've had my say on this subject at length and on a number of threads ............. But this is the ballpark I'm in as well.

At the end of the day I'm first and foremost a Hibs supporter and in reality I couldn't give a rats ass how many titles and cups Sevco or Celtic for that matter have won or claim to have won and if Sevco continue to say they have won ten, fifty a hundred titles it wont amount to a hill of beans to me.

Both of the ugly sisters have perpetuated a cartel in Scottish football for decades through which they have carved up the lions share of the games income, used the sectarian divide to grow their support and shamelessly leeched support from every club in Scotland ....... What Sevco did was just another string to that bow and if Celtic suffered because of it more than anybody else then ha f'ing ha ..... its no worse than Celtics policy of buying the best players from other clubs and then not playing them or selling them on down south two years later.

If Peter Lawwell is upset with the Hibs statement too sodding bad, we don't exist to please Celtic or anybody else for that matter. Hibs have been on the up for two seasons now and I for one say hell mend any Hibs fan who puts that at risk by getting so far bent out of shape about this that they seriously think chucking it will help Hibs or Scottish football.

The current board have overseen a remarkable turnaround in the clubs fortunes over the last three years and yes I might be annoyed at this statement like a lot of folk, but I sure as hell am not going to go to war with them over it and just ignore the tons of good work they have done up to now to put a decent team on the park with a decent manager to guide them ....... I care about Hibs and I'm not going to damage the club just because The Rangers aren't going to get the kicking they richly deserve, no matter how much I want to see it.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    Do you not think that one of the reasons Lennon just signed a new contract was the people he was working for.?Many on here want rid of the very people who have helped turn the club around (along with our great fans)
    The fans reps have had about as much of a hand in turning around the club as you or I have.

Lennon, Dempster and Rod are doing their jobs. The fan reps aren't. They aren't communicating with the fans (as they promised) and are misrepresenting (what seems like) the majority of fans in the board meetings.

By all accounts FD does some fantastic stuff for the club, but maybe the fan rep role should just be changed .
    Last edited by SRHibs; 12-09-2017 at 02:31 AM.

You could apply that logic to every single political decision ever made - are you silent on every single thing you hear on the news or read in the papers regarding the government for example? Unless of course you are an MP.....

Nobody is saying that all those who disagree are part of some great conspiracy. But if you dare to go back a few weeks in the Rangers thread, you'll notice a few posters who suddenly changed their tune from calling for action, to "lets move on". Posters with high post counts on here who are known to have close connections with club insiders. It doesn't take much to work out that they got an inside scoop on what the tone of the official statement was going to be and as such was attempting to prepare this board for the inevitable backlash.

Some people have been saying for ages that we should just move on and that's fair enough. But there are certain posters who had a sudden change of heart on the issue all at the same time, dating back a few weeks prior to this statement release.
    Name them.
    Last edited by marinello59; 12-09-2017 at 03:17 AM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think we should "move on" and have probably suggested doing so on other topics in favour of concentrating our efforts positively on our own club.

Are you suggesting that I'm part of a group with inside knowledge who has only been posting to soften people up for this statement?
    Yes. We met in the Harp and Castle just last week. Weren't you there??

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    Rangers will be loving this forum tonight. Our club turning on itself. Let's just focus on winning matches, you may be pissed off at the board but it shouldn't be turned into us tearing into each other. Let's support lennon and the team.
    Great post. Classic divide and conquer.

How very noble of you.

Anyone think Lennon will change to 3 at the back on Saturday?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Strict Liability - properly governed with financial and points sanctions - the real way forward for Scottish football and society it would clamp the pair of them .....imagine The Rangers playing behind closed doors games for singing Billy Boys, Celtic docked points for hanging crass effigies at football matches........... might mean one day we only talk about the football on the pitch
    Yes the only way to go yet the clubs unanimously voted against it for some reason with Mulroney at Alloa one of the main mouthpieces agreeing with that approa.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Anyone think Lennon will change to 3 at the back on Saturday?
    I think he should go 6 at the back, 5 in midfield and 4 up front, I know it's too many but who gives a toss these days where you can do as you like without punishment?

On the game, I think we will win by 3 falls and a submission.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I think he should go 6 at the back, 5 in midfield and 4 up front, I know it's too many but who gives a toss these days where you can do as you like without punishment?

On the game, I think we will win by 3 falls and a submission.
    Yip, it's time the team came on with flashing lights and music. Petrie with the mic in the centre of the pitch.
    What makes it worse is we are not even the good guys now.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    The fans reps have had about as much of a hand in turning around the club as you or I have.

Lennon, Dempster and Rod are doing their jobs. The fan reps aren't. They aren't communicating with the fans (as they promised) and are misrepresenting (what seems like) the majority of fans in the board meetings.

By all accounts FD does some fantastic stuff for the club, but maybe the fan rep role should just be changed .
    Agree re the approach taken to the role, it feels more like an ambassadorial role for the club.

I think a rep role but without a seat on the board would be about as effective and would avoid them being caught in the tight spot they could be in now.

They may not get access to some info but we'd arguably be no worse off since the current episode shows that on the bigger issues there's no, or selective communication.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    I'm actually now beginning to wonder how much influence from outside the game there actually is. Has any sponsorship proposal got some clause in it reference The Rangers and bringing this to a head? Could this be the reason that Hibs and Aberdeen are wanting it swept under the carpet?

Could it be a case of look if we bring this repeatedly up ( sky, BT Sports etc only using these as an example) don't want to offer us such a contract, however this is on the table at present if we roll over and let the Hun hoards away with daylight robbery?

Hibs have built so many bridges with the fans over the last 3 years and reading some of the fans views on here a lot have now turned on the board. I'm in the corner of there should be an independent review and see what they say. However I will never ever loose the love of my club over this but I'm now feeling like the board has made a decision that they did without at least asking the supporters to voice an opinion first about how they felt.

GGTTH