hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I love hibs

I love hibs

Not going to lie lads I'm a Celtic fan who's had a few beers ha, but I love hibs, I love the way you hate the Huns both sets, I love that you have taken to big efe and Neil Lennon ( escpecially big efe who I think gets unfair criticism I remember him against Barca one word quality ) most of all I loved sunshine on leith at the cup final, it was truly spine tingling. heres to promotion and a green and white cup final.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    Very good, the feeling isn't mutual.

Heres to promotion and Hibs winning the cup, couldn't care less about a green and white final.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeebabs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not going to lie lads I'm a Celtic fan who's had a few beers ha, but I love hibs, I love the way you hate the Huns both sets, I love that you have taken to big efe and Neil Lennon ( escpecially big efe who I think gets unfair criticism I remember him against Barca one word quality ) most of all I loved sunshine on leith at the cup final, it was truly spine tingling. heres to promotion and a green and white cup final.
    Thanks and nice of you to come on here and say it

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Heres to promotion and Hibs winning the cup, couldn't care less about a green and white final.
    I would love a green and white final! Would be great to hump both halves of that despicable whole in a cup final, one year after another!

Cheers mate.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Absolutely cannot stand Celtc. The smug faux moral superiority coming from the fans, their political posturing and their huge sense of entitlement are odious. At least fans of The Rangers don't pretend to be anything but what they are.

The Ugly Sisters share equal responsibility for the wrecked and rigged state of Scottish Football. A mutually arranged stitch up to suit themselves at the expense of every other club.

And after decades and decades of mainlining on the sectarian division they so happily benefited from we've ended up with a game that is a one-and-a-half party state in which both of these grotesquely inflated clubs now want to complain that the competition isn't strong enough for them.

Don't tell us who we hate or don't hate. The day I welcome being patronised by Celtc supporters is the day I give up on football.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Absolutely cannot stand Celtc. The smug faux moral superiority coming from the fans, their political posturing and their huge sense of entitlement are odious. At least fans of The Rangers don't pretend to be anything but what they are.

The Ugly Sisters share equal responsibility for the wrecked and rigged state of Scottish Football. A mutually arranged stitch up to suit themselves at the expense of every other club.

And after decades and decades of mainlining on the sectarian division they so happily benefited from we've ended up with a game that is a one-and-a-half party state in which both of these grotesquely inflated clubs now want to complain that the competition isn't strong enough for them.

Don't tell us who we hate or don't hate. The day I welcome being patronised by Celtc supporters is the day I give up on football.
    Well said.

Well said that man. Close thread.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Saved me saying it. We really don't need to be patronised and the feeling ain't mutual. False and lesser greens.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

This. We aren't celtics "friends" and i hate being patronised by them. We share a similar history but thankfully hibs have moved away from the bigotry that many celtic fans still indulge in. Celtic fans seem to see themselves as the good guys and can't understand why everybody doesn't love them and admire them.

Out of both celtic and the huns, celtic are ever so very slightly the lesser of two evils in my view but I still can't stand them and hate how they patronise us and the arse sooking.

This thread hasnae gone too well for the OP. :-)

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Me too, I love Hibs.

****** hate Celtic though!

Give us our shirts back!

If you know your History, we were always the first to wear the Green.

GGTTH

J

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Left Peg View Post
    Well said.

Not really,

Fan of another club comes on here to say nice things about us. No need to be rude.

Ok man I don't really understand your position but that's cool I. Not patronising you I just generally like your club. As for saying don't tell you who you hate or don't, I wasn't I thought it was just common knowledge you hated hearts and the fact there's a sevco thread on this very forum you hated them to.

Dunno if I share the same some of the anti-celts responses.

Hibs is my team BUT Celtic would not be my other team as I don't have any attachment with them at all, although family wise, half of my family are from Glasgow, Ayrshire, Wishy etc.

I don't see this is patronising at all, in fact I think it's quite interesting that some of the Sellick fans feel the need for a love in with the Hibs, some of the older netters will remember that at one time, the Hibs support and sympathisers from the west was strong and that still exists today albeit with a more Celtic leaning due to the success and all.

But fxxx religion, fxxx what some of the Celtic fans stand for, but appreciate that Hibs are, without doubt everyone's other club as we are true to ourselves and behave in the right manner.

I personally have no issue with any Celtic fans or any other fans coming on here on expressing their opinions, good for you and you're always welcome.

We are above all the hatred that's within the game and we are the better man, team and club. GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This thread hasnae gone too well for the OP. :-)
    😂😂 it most certainly has not, but it hasn't put me off can totally understand the hate. Just genuinely like the club.

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    Ok man I don't really understand your position but that's cool I. Not patronising you I just generally like your club. As for saying don't tell you who you hate or don't, I wasn't I thought it was just common knowledge you hated hearts and the fact there's a sevco thread on this very forum you hated them to.
    I can understand both points of view. On one hand, it's nice to see fans of other clubs appreciating the club that we love. On the other hand, I'm sure we all know Celtic fans in day to day life that come across as patronising and give it the old 'wee cousins' patter.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam89 View Post
    I can understand both points of view. On one hand, it's nice to see fans of other clubs appreciating the club that we love. On the other hand, I'm sure we all know Celtic fans in day to day life that come across as patronising and give it the old 'wee cousins' patter.
    Understand that I was honestly not being patronising at all. I've never considered the wee cousin thing. ( do I want hibs to beat Hearts of course but I hate hearts, do I want hibs to beat rangers yes but no more than any other team)

Quote Originally Posted by Liam89 View Post
    Sorry fella, I have to disagree - look at the bigger picture, do you honestly think most Celtic fans give a stuff about us? Nah.

But there are many Celtic fans who are bored to death wi the same old propoganda glegae pash and desperate to follow a team that they can connect with.

Come forward Hibernian.

IMO it's not patronising, we are an old fashioned club with strong values and beliefs, SOL connects with real fitba fans and anyhoos, our club is richer in history and romance that only other team fans can dream about.

GGTTH - the door is always open.

Thanks for the post. Also have a celtic fan as a pal who has a genuine like for Hibs, not through religion or cack like that. Its ok to accept compliments sometimed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

A carefully considered and entirely accurate response
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

My auld Da hated Celtic cause they stole our players away back when however I as a lifelong Hi bee appreciate you saying good things about our club and I'm grateful for Hendo Stokesy Commons Efe eta al. Still hope we beat you when we get back up as you would expect us to say.

God bless.

glory glory

Look mate ..... its all very nice of you n' that. but as you are finding with most of the replies to your comment the vast majority of Hibbies, including me, simply cant be doing with Celtic fans giving it the buddy buddy stuff .... we look on you as one cheek of a giant ugly sisters arse who have carved up Scottish football between each other for the last century or so and the fact that the Huns hate us almost as much as they do you and we hate them back doesn't make us pals.

I've come away from Hampden under a barrage of abuse and bottles in my time, but walking away from the stadium in 2013 with passing Celtic fans, who looked about as thrilled with winning the cup final as a guy who had just won £2.50 on the Euromillions, saying 'never mind wee man maybe next year' and stuff like that was more infuriating than any hail of bottles or piss taking from Jambos could ever be.

Have a nice evening

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    **** Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Not really,

Fan of another club comes on here to say nice things about us. No need to be rude.
    I don't understand it. WTF is happening to us? Ok some might think the op may be a wee bit patronising but Christ, it appears to be a genuine attempt to engage in a wee bit discussion with fellow football supporters from another fan base. If s/he is at it, fair enough but at least give them the benefit of the doubt and show some class by responding in a more respectful manner. By all means engage in some banter but let's not turn our forum into a parochial and sectarian/bigoted site like some others we quite rightly condemn.

Love Hibs, Hate old firm.

To be fair IMO the huns are 100x worse and I can't stand the smelly dirty orange oxygen stealing bigoted zombies. But Celtic are p**** too don't get me wrong.

First2wearGreen

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Welcome to Hibs.net Hibeebabs. You don't deserve some of the offensive replies. Thanks for the kind words about our special Club. Always room for converts at Easter Road.

Glory Glory to the Hibees.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    I don't understand it. WTF is happening to us? Ok some might think the op may be a wee bit patronising but Christ, it appears to be a genuine attempt to engage in a wee bit discussion with fellow football supporters from another fan base. If s/he is at it, fair enough but at least give them the benefit of the doubt and show some class by responding in a more respectful manner. By all means engage in some banter but let's not turn our forum into a parochial and sectarian/bigoted site like some others we quite rightly condemn.
    I agree that there's nothing wrong with discussing football with fans of other teams in a respectful manner, but can you imagine any league in the world where a fan of the biggest team comes on to the forum of the 4th or 5th biggest team to pat them on the head ...... I cant, and to me it is symptomatic of how much of an irrelevance fans of the old form see other clubs as ... its patronising.

I haven't seen any bigoted or sectarian comments either, so I'm not sure where you are getting that from.

100%
    Started their life by thieving our players for financial gain and never got any better.

Biggest downside of promotion will be having to suffer the Ugly Sisters and their supporters at ER again.