hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deepteeth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Americans can be prim & proper too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKAIKAMPWt8
    Our last game against the yams...

https://youtu.be/Rp-Qsp3jru4

2. Log in to remove the advert

Americans can be prim & proper too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKAIKAMPWt8
    Can I have the redhead with the purple clam bikini top thingy for Christmas please? I'm already stateside so there would be no export costs......

Sent you a PM! Thanks
    Did you get my pm?

Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    Did you get my pm?
    I didn't but it's possible I am not using it correctly. I think I got the tickets sorted though, with jonny's help!

Left by mutual consent!
    Looks like all is going well, and I have secured the tickets. I AM A HIBEE FOR LIFE. Thanks everyone for your help & support!
    **** the Hearts.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I didn't but it's possible I am not using it correctly. I think I got the tickets sorted though, with jonny's help!
    Hope you don't mind me asking but what's the atmosphere like at most MLS games these days?

I'm going to Disneyland in June and was thinking of taking the boy (he'll be 5 then) to an Orlando game but not sure if it's likely to be a bit ****?

I know that's nowhere near you but any thoughts on going to one of their games appreciated. (Likewise anyone else that's been)

Ok wasn't about tickets but fair enough.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ok wasn't about tickets but fair enough.
    You offered him a castle viewed restaurant voucher for a venue in Gorgie eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    You offered him a castle viewed restaurant voucher for a venue in Gorgie eh?
    No but it's an idea!!

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Saw Portland Timbers v San Jose Earthquakes back in July 2003 - maybe you were at the game too! Bizarrely I wasn't the only person in attendance with a Hibs shirt on - a Japanese-American guy in the crowd had visited Edinburgh a couple of years earlier and was proudly displaying the Edinburgh version of the green and white!

PS. Portland is an amazing city - my favourite in the US. :-)

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Cards have a barcode that scans at the turnstyle. Take a pihoto of the barcode send it to who you want to give the ticket to. They either print the photo for scanning or scan the photo on their phone at the turnstyle. No reason why that wouldn’t work. In fact I’ll try scanning a photo of mine on Saturday and see if it works.
    I unexpectedly got away from work in time for the Ayr United game this season and bought a print at home ticket on my phone. Just flashed the barcode off the email attachment and it worked fine.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    If this is genuinely an American then well done for helping him out.

Otherwise 10/10 to the OP for inventiveness on obtaining derby tickets ;-)
    Russian Hibs Fan! There was a story

Good to see people taking an interest and all, can't help but feel extremely salty that a tourist has managed to secure a derby ticket and here I am willing to sell myself to get one

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Russian Hibs Fan! There was a story
    Well hope he's genuine!

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Hope you don't mind me asking but what's the atmosphere like at most MLS games these days?

I'm going to Disneyland in June and was thinking of taking the boy (he'll be 5 then) to an Orlando game but not sure if it's likely to be a bit ****?

I know that's nowhere near you but any thoughts on going to one of their games appreciated. (Likewise anyone else that's been)
    Never been to the Orlando stadium, but I know it's supposed to be very beautiful and sparkling (at least by Florida standards). It probably won't be as raucous as some, but I know their games are well-attended. They didn't do so hot this year but in MLS it's anyone's guess whose year it will be next year.

We are talking Disney World (in Orlando) rather than Disneyland (in LA), right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Saw Portland Timbers v San Jose Earthquakes back in July 2003 - maybe you were at the game too! Bizarrely I wasn't the only person in attendance with a Hibs shirt on - a Japanese-American guy in the crowd had visited Edinburgh a couple of years earlier and was proudly displaying the Edinburgh version of the green and white!

PS. Portland is an amazing city - my favourite in the US. :-)
    That slightly predates my time there, but I am jealous you got to witness the pre-MLS Timbers! It's an amazing place, but if you haven't been back since 03, be prepared for massive changes. I moved away in February of this year and the amount of development that has taken place in the last 8 months is staggering.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Never been to the Orlando stadium, but I know it's supposed to be very beautiful and sparkling (at least by Florida standards). It probably won't be as raucous as some, but I know their games are well-attended. They didn't do so hot this year but in MLS it's anyone's guess whose year it will be next year.

We are talking Disney World (in Orlando) rather than Disneyland (in LA), right?
    Correct.

Thanks for the info. I love seeing foreign football stadiums so think I'll try and take in a game when I'm there.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    Good to see people taking an interest and all, can't help but feel extremely salty that a tourist has managed to secure a derby ticket and here I am willing to sell myself to get one
    If I become drunk enough to endanger my marriage I will let you have her ticket

If I become drunk enough to endanger my marriage I will let you have her ticket
    How about beer in Portland then?

How about beer in Portland then?
    Sorry. I meant meet in Portland for a beer.

Sorry. I meant meet in Portland for a beer.
    Sadly I live in sunny southern California now, however I'm happy to meet for a beer if you're ever in that area!

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Phone the ticket office and they will print out a ticket ready for pickup.
    That should work if they answer the phone and I can catch them open.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Nice one mate. I’m sure if you emailed the ticket office then they’d be able to work something out.

I know it’s easy enough to simply release a ST seat back into the mix so another random hibee can then purchase a ticket. If you want someone specific to get your ST seat then I’m sure that’s doable too.
    I will definitely release mine for all games I can't attend which basically amounts to all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Cards have a barcode that scans at the turnstyle. Take a pihoto of the barcode send it to who you want to give the ticket to. They either print the photo for scanning or scan the photo on their phone at the turnstyle. No reason why that wouldn’t work. In fact I’ll try scanning a photo of mine on Saturday and see if it works.
    I worry about that as the copied barcode could be used at every game then. If I ever get home for a match I'll have to be first in line at the turnstile to make sure my copied barcode isn't scanned in before me.

First Team Breakthrough Dav1986's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: davidmcandrew86
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I just came back from Orlando and went to see their game against Dallas the day we played Celtic. Ticket cost $22 in their singing section. They didn't stop the whole game. Atmosphere was pretty good although the game was a bit poor. Got in with one of the supporters groups and can put you in touch with a couple of the guys closer to the time of you want? Definitely worth going along to imo. Feel free to pm if you want any other info on it!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    When do you get to Edinburgh mate? I run my own private tour business and if it suits you and your fiancé I would love to give you both a private driving tour of the city on the Tuesday morning. Just a couple of hours to get a taste of Auld Reekie. No worries if you already have something sorted out
    That was a very kind offer.

How are things with you these days?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Can I have the redhead with the purple clam bikini top thingy for Christmas please? I'm already stateside so there would be no export costs......
    liked her, but would settle for the trumpet or bugle. maybe a seniors thing lol

That slightly predates my time there, but I am jealous you got to witness the pre-MLS Timbers! It's an amazing place, but if you haven't been back since 03, be prepared for massive changes. I moved away in February of this year and the amount of development that has taken place in the last 8 months is staggering.
    I lived in Beaverton from 1999 -2003 and went to a few games pre MLS. Use to get a hardcore of around 7k at that time. I think Michael O'Neill was manager for a short time during that period?

Mitch maybe a good idea for you and your other half to swot up on the lyrics so you can join in once we hand out another sound beating to our unfortunate mutant neighbours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbIvtEeJZK4

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    That was a very kind offer.

How are things with you these days?
    Aye I'm good Dave. Been busiest season ever and looking forward to a break and getting to more Hibs games. Only managed to get last card in at club yesterday to keep h'cap. Hope York treating you well.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post

I think he's already spoken for.

BlackpoolHibs called dibs first...

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Mitch,

Northern California Hibee here. Glad to read you’re sorted for tickets, you’re in for quite the night and an experience that is completely different to what you’re used too. Having attended many MLS games (San Jose Earthquakes) the atmosphere, mindset, and I have to say standard, are a step above from here in the States.

I’m sure you’ll know most of the ins and outs differences (separate stands for sitting, roads blocked off after the match to stop fans clashing, the passion and importance of derbies in the UK as a whole etc).

I’m really curious of your experience bud (especially if/when we win, ooaft!). Give us a nice report on here of what your thoughts were. Hope you have a great trip. If you’re ever up here in the North (Sacramento) give me a PM and we can maybe get together for a pint and a match. Good choice with the Timbers btw, spot on colors!
    Last edited by California-Hibs; 11-10-2017 at 09:46 AM.