hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: slivka - why?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You might be right but I don't see us joining la liga just so we can find out if he's good enough. I had high hopes at the beginning but he seems to struggle in the sort of match we were in tonight.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    I do feel for him cause you can see he wants to get the ball down lift his head then play a pass but as soon as he gets near the ball someone is all over him

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Slivka didn’t do anything well apart from the ball for Kamberi’s sitter. Not good enough I agree, but it surprises me that players like Boyle who’ve been horrific recently seem to go uncriticised.

The entire team apart from Bogdan and Milligan were garbage.
    I think the fact that Boyle has proved himself to be a good player an absolutely key player in the past. Slivka has flattered to deceive, he’s had a few decent games, but in the main he’s been disappointing.

United we stand here....

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Let a better player go in Danny Swanson.
    This, completely

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Well said.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    I do feel for him cause you can see he wants to get the ball down lift his head then play a pass but as soon as he gets near the ball someone is all over him
    That may be the case, but as a midfielder in Scotland you have to tackle at some pint in the game!!!! It’s just such an important part of the game in our country and I’ve genuinely never seen him tackle someone with any conviction. About 5 mins before he dipped his toe into a “tackle” the boy for Aberdeen (Ferguson) flew into a tackle to stop a counter attack for us that’s what I expect from a midfielder who plays for my team.

He has had chances to really stamp his authority in this team and establish himself and has failed to do it each and every time. It’s that simple for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhibs View Post
    This, completely
    Is this some kind of "in" joke that's passing me by?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Well said.
    Yep, looks like it.

After years of waiting for Swanson to finally sign for us he turned out to be pish.

Obviously he had a lot to deal with off the park with the tragic death of his mate. And whilst I can totally see how that had an impact on his ability to perform for us what I can't understand is people trying to rewrite history to suggest that Danny was great for us. He wasn't.
    In fact if he wasn't a local lad/hibby he'd have been hounded as an empty jersey, wage thief etc etc

Slivka's display , whilst being far from spectacular tonight, was still better than anything DS offered in a Hibs shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    I had high hopes for him given his time at Juve but apart from glimpses here and there it's looking like a failed signing.
    Ryan McGivern was with Man City fyi.

Slivka isn't especially fast, doesn't have a great shot, isn't a midfield bruiser, isn't great at tackling but can pass and control the ball well. But he's too much a "jack of all trades, master of none" for my liking although, like someone said, if we persist with 3-5-2 until January, who what have we got?

When is it Lennon fault?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    When is it Lennon fault?
    Why stop there though, maybe we should look at our board and then get fired into the fans for not supporting HSL?

Forget those mere mortals, Mother Nature should proudly take the blame for a football match that looked like something that would be witnessed watching Duddingston Athletic vs Braids Utd.

Edit: unfortunately this game was on bt. What a spectacle for those who are sceptical.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    I know what you mean, but he is in and out the team, playing here three and everywhere. For him to be on the teamsheet when we play the 'big' games makes me think there is a lot to him we don't see.
    He’s in and out the team because in a season and a half here he’s never given reason to stay in it for an extended spell. We can’t afford to give everyone runs of 5 or 6 consecutive starts to find out if they’re good enough when they’ve had other opportunities and not taken them.

BTW, the way he shat out the tackle at one point was embarrassing.

First Team Breakthrough scotia44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Must be drunk
    Must be guy ran in circles looking for something to hide behind and was found wanting when a foot in was required
    Thought there was player there but a year and half of bit parts says it all.

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Ryan McGivern was with Man City fyi.

Slivka isn't especially fast, doesn't have a great shot, isn't a midfield bruiser, isn't great at tackling but can pass and control the ball well. But he's too much a "jack of all trades, master of none" for my liking although, like someone said, if we persist with 3-5-2 until January, who what have we got?
    Love to see him add what Shinnie has in the battling side of the game. Technically he’s got a lot to give but he needs to learn to dig in

I thought he'd really push on this season and with the midfielders at the club he should be a standout but he's just not good enough, there may be a player in there but he's keeping him well hidden.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Looked like player with ability at times in the past but not doing enough in games and not taking his chance when he's in the 11. Seems to lack heart and drive.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Must be drunk

Lol. Drunk as two men!!!

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    He’s in and out the team because in a season and a half here he’s never given reason to stay in it for an extended spell. We can’t afford to give everyone runs of 5 or 6 consecutive starts to find out if they’re good enough when they’ve had other opportunities and not taken them.

BTW, the way he shat out the tackle at one point was embarrassing.
    have you seen him go into any 50/50’ S Callum, I certainly haven’t. Big guy with heart of a mouse

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a player to succeed quite as much as I do Slivka. He definitely has flashes of class, and I don’t think he’s as bad as many on here make out, but he needs to show more, more often.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Slivka has not had a decent run in the team and when he does play he is played in several different positions, his best position is in the centre.

Left by mutual consent!
    The problem is his not so good games are more so than his good games. If he is getting played out of position he is still playing so has to be judged on that.

On the whole thus far he hasn't done enough.

Quote Originally Posted by one day maybe... View Post
    Love to see him add what Shinnie has in the battling side of the game. Technically he’s got a lot to give but he needs to learn to dig in
    Would be impressive to get in with the refs I agree

One of the funniest posts I’ve ever read on here.

It’s okay to admit that the boyhood locals aren’t very good at football sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    One of the funniest posts I’ve ever read on here.

It’s okay to admit that the boyhood locals aren’t very good at football sometimes.
    Don't think it's all that ridiculous to be honest. Slivka just drifts through games and never seems to do much and for a big lad he's abit chicken hearted IMO.

Although Swanson never showed it with Hibs (hampered by off the field issues and perhaps not getting along with Lennon) he has shown enough in his career to suggest he's atleast on a par with Slivka.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    “Danny Swanson better than Slivka

Slivka is like Owain Tudur-Jones”

That it for me - confirmation of this boards absurdity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Yep, looks like it.

After years of waiting for Swanson to finally sign for us he turned out to be pish.

Obviously he had a lot to deal with off the park with the tragic death of his mate. And whilst I can totally see how that had an impact on his ability to perform for us what I can't understand is people trying to rewrite history to suggest that Danny was great for us. He wasn't.
    In fact if he wasn't a local lad/hibby he'd have been hounded as an empty jersey, wage thief etc etc

Slivka's display , whilst being far from spectacular tonight, was still better than anything DS offered in a Hibs shirt.

Are you having a laugh? Swanson was the best player on the park against Celtic in the 2-1 game last season and slivka hasn't reached that level of performance ever in a hibs shirt.i defended slivka last season but he's shown nothing this season to show he is going to make it at hibs. Swanson also wasn't allowed to be great for us because he wasn't given the chance a lot of the time. It's criminal that A- Whittaker was being selected ahead of him (and bartley) in the run in last season and that slivka is currently still at the club ahead of him this season. He's a creative midfielder which is what we are badly lacking and he's a better one at that than Hyndman and slivka

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Slivka has not had a decent run in the team and when he does play he is played in several different positions, his best position is in the centre.
    This is the problem for me. It was like the start that David Wotherspoon had to his Hibs career before Yogi started playing him in literally every position except in goals and at centre half.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a player to succeed quite as much as I do Slivka. He definitely has flashes of class, and I don’t think he’s as bad as many on here make out, but he needs to show more, more often.

I really like him, some folk on here act like he’s the worst player to ever have played for us. It’s crazy

He’s constantly played out of position which can’t help him. A decent run in the team in his natural position and I think we’ll see the player we all hoped we were getting.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Swansons not here anymore- had about 1 decent half game in his time here (and even then folk are hamming it up a bit coz he outmuscled scott brown)

Slivka is still here

The folk that see them day in day out decided that

I know who id trust to judge the merits of them both- in fact it just reaffirms my thoughts on each of them)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slivka has shown wee bits of class but never enough effort or consistency for me just not good enough.

Should move on:

Whittaker
    MacLaren
    Slivka
    Hyndman

Note: Milligan is one of the best signings for a long time the lads a natural leader.