hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lafferty

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. The only worry I have is replacing Jason but we've signed a midfielder that scored almost as many as our other midfielders COMBINED!!

Aberdeen I'd imagine will be a bit ahead of us next season and rangers are an unknown quantity. Therefore direct rivals (going on last season's standings) will be Partick, Hearts and St J. Who have they signed that concerns us so much?

I think some folk just preferred the days we released 12 players and signed 15 every year!!

We need 4 players for next season but so does almost every club in Europe let's just chill out and enjoy the summer holidays. We're in a healthy position
    They have signed Berra, Lafferty and the young full
    back from Man City (on loan). We have signed Ambrose,
    Murray and Swanson. I don't think they will be signing many more. I'm sure we will. Whittaker and Rocky are nearly over the line. Provided we also bring in two quality strikers then I'd say our squad is stronger than them and probably Aberdeen too.
    I'm not sure we were interested in Lafferty. If we were I'd hope it was as one of a number of targets to replace Holt and not as our main striker. If it was then I'd have questions.
    Last edited by Crab apple; 28-06-2017 at 04:37 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    If they are paying 5k a week for him, they are being robbed.

I'd prefer Stokes every day of the week.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Do you seriously think we showed interest in him to force Hearts to pay more for him ?
    His agent may have.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

A really big percentage of posters on here didnt want him to sign for us. Might have been our most unpopular signing ever.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: nervous_pee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    How would you get Hearts to give the best deal if you were an agent? Would you tell them you'd made a phone call or would you let them know your player had made the effort to speak to someone else directly.

Narratives are being pushed all right.

the point you made has nothing to do with what i posted

so ive no idea what your talking about

all the best though

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    If they are paying 5k a week for him, they are being robbed.

I'd prefer Stokes every day of the week.
    Absolutely ! While it's a lot of money I'd be pretty disappointed if we don't make this happen. We know what we are getting with Stokes,

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    That news has fair cheered me up

United we stand here....

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    If you actually read what i wrote i never said u specifically ripped into the club.....but i said you were critisizing the club based on assumptions? Which u are?
    Assumptions? Ok, is your comment below not an assumption in itself? You assume folk, I guess like me but that would be an assumption, take pleasure in critisizing the club.

"Its strange that some folk seem to take pleasure in critisizing the club the support and love..... based on rumours and assumtions??"

Maybe I'm making an assumption here but your below comment in reply to another member who said I should ignore people responding to me suggesting I don't love the club, well...does it not suggest that we are already ripping in to them (the club that is)?

"If we sign no one by the start of the season then yes come on a voice your critisism but surely the club you love and support should be at least given time before folk start ripping in to them??"

I guess you haven't said that specifically, as you put, but again, please don't point to assumptions when you are making some of your own...

I am hopeful of the season ahead and have concerns. You clearly do not. Why is your position more just than mine?

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Just skip over my question then "Where have I ripped into the club?"

Are you honestly trying to tell me that I have ripped into the club on this thread, really?
    If you actually read what i wrote i never said u specifically ripped into the club.....but i said you were critisizing the club based on assumptions? Which u are?
    I said, you said, no I didn't, aye you did.

Please either stop this petty point scoring or do it by PM.

Thanks.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    His agent may have.
    I have no doubt, but I don't think we are as small minded and petty as them to talk to a player just to ensure they have to pay more to sign him.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Very, very good singing for Hearts. Can't dress it up any other way. We need to get finger out and sign Moult. Berra and Lafferty would walk into any non OF team in league.
    Don't think either would walk into our team, we are still in a fantastic transition period of 'Hibernian Re-born'. We should be looking at signing better than Lafferty to encourage more season tickets. A few new ST's that I have spoken to where in dismay at the thought of signing him. Thinking Hibernian had moved away from players like this.

Would much rather have Commons than Lafferty, I still think we will sign better come July 1st.

First Team Breakthrough HibeeLR's Avatar
    Good news imo.

I have no doubt, but I don't think we are as small minded and petty as them to talk to a player just to ensure they have to pay more to sign him.
    No, me neither.

Although we did offer £1m for Steven Naismith, did we not?

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Assumptions? Ok, is your comment below not an assumption in itself? You assume folk, I guess like me but that would be an assumption, take pleasure in critisizing the club.

"Its strange that some folk seem to take pleasure in critisizing the club the support and love..... based on rumours and assumtions??"

Maybe I'm making an assumption here but your below comment in reply to another member who said I should ignore people responding to me suggesting I don't love the club, well...does it not suggest that we are already ripping in to them (the club that is)?

"If we sign no one by the start of the season then yes come on a voice your critisism but surely the club you love and support should be at least given time before folk start ripping in to them??"

I guess you haven't said that specifically, as you put, but again, please don't point to assumptions when you are making some of your own...

I am hopeful of the season ahead and have concerns. You clearly do not. Why is your position more just than mine?
    'Based on assumptions' as in you have no idea who hibs are after....who they are speaking to or who they have missed out on(if any)? Maybe i should have put rumours rather than assumptions. However the point still stands that u are critisizing the club? Maybe you do have insider knowledge?

My 'assumptions' at that folk 'seem' to take pleasure in critisizing the club is actually giving you the benefit of the doubt that you dont like to critisize...or i would have wrote that you do take pleasure in your critisizm.

Anyway....hopefully we will sign a couple of good strikers and this will be a moot point

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    We have 3 better centre halfs than Berra at Hibs already as for Lafferty.......no goals in his last 14 games so I'll gently sip my wine and smile that we dodged a bullet, big time.

Let's just all relax and wait and see who starts up top first few games of the season - have faith mate, and a wee bit patience. All will be revealed as they say
    Last time I saw Berra he had EPL players in his back pocket at Hampden. Lafferty is a great signing at this level. My concern is we have not improved on last season's squad. We've signed Swanson but lost Cummings and been linked with Whittaker who plays the same position as our club captain. Murray is no better than Keatings in my opinion and we've lost Fyvie. Signing Marciano and Effe would be good but they were here last season so hardly an improvement. At this moment in time both Aberdeen and Hearts are doing better business while we get Jermaine Pennant in for a look. Last ditch attempts to hyjack other teams signing targets is extremely concerning to me. That's how I see it at the moment. Really hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    No, me neither.

Although we did offer £1m for Steven Naismith, did we not?
    Of course we did and paid a fee of £750K for De la Cruz !

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Don't think either would walk into our team, we are still in a fantastic transition period of 'Hibernian Re-born'. We should be looking at signing better than Lafferty to encourage more season tickets. A few new ST's that I have spoken to where in dismay at the thought of signing him. Thinking Hibernian had moved away from players like this.

Would much rather have Commons than Lafferty, I still think we will sign better come July 1st.
    Moved away from signing players like this?

What does this mean? Are you thinking all Hibs signings from here on are going to be better than Lafferty?

I think a few are over doing this one. He'd be a very good signing for most teams in this league.

Very, very good singing for Hearts. Can't dress it up any other way. We need to get finger out and sign Moult. Berra and Lafferty would walk into any non OF team in league.
    Cant hear any singing.you saying he's better at singing than football?
    Lafferty wouldnt look out of place in a frankie goes to hollywood tribute act so you maybe right.

Testimonial Due
    Should just close this thread now. He's a Hearts player. Lets focus on other huge threads about someone else better than lafferty !

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    the point you made has nothing to do with what i posted

so ive no idea what your talking about

all the best though
    If you can't form a link between my post and the one I quoted then maybe it's best you do wish me all the best.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    My point is
    If our interest was only a wee look to see, then don.t get him along to Easter Road for a meeting.
    NL could have known what kyle was looking for by calling his agent.
    So now the narrative being pushed is that we are somehow the inferior/smaller team AGAIN
    what happens on the park comes from what happens off it
    if we can't compete with hearts off it (Like the bad old days)
    How will we compete on it.
    Strange but True!
    You need to stop worrying about what Hearts are doing.

We can't, and more importantly WON'T compete with Hearts off the pitch when they are willing to spend money they don't have on building a new stand, paying stupid wages for average players and spending years and years getting more and more in debt to fund some moderate success and "bragging rights" over us even if it means they put the very existence of thier club at risk and ultimately shaft other football clubs, local businesses and worst of all charities of money owed just so they can say "we're the big team"

Hibs do not need Hearts to justify our existence. We have a history and reputation as a football club that is rich, diverse and overwhelmingly positive.

Hearts are defined by us and thier inferiority complex. calling themselves "the famous" and "big team", celebrating our failure to win the scottish cup more than they celebrate thier own victories....other than the 5-1 hand signs (which is also about beating us rather than winning the cup) how many songs or chants do they have about thier own acheivements? In the last 13 months how many times have hearts mentioned thier "special relationship" with the scottish cup?.....none, because thier "special relationship" wasn't about them winning it but it was about us not and since we won it the relationship isn't so special because its about us and our relationship with that cup not thiers.

At the end of the day, they hate us because they aren't us and never will be and they will do absolutely anything to get one over on us, it's an unhealthy and disturbing way to live, lets leave them to it and focus on what we are doing.

They just need to sell one Owl a week for the next two years to cover his wages.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    'Based on assumptions' as in you have no idea who hibs are after....who they are speaking to or who they have missed out on(if any)? Maybe i should have put rumours rather than assumptions. However the point still stands that u are critisizing the club? Maybe you do have insider knowledge?

My 'assumptions' at that folk 'seem' to take pleasure in critisizing the club is actually giving you the benefit of the doubt that you dont like to critisize...or i would have wrote that you do take pleasure in your critisizm.

Anyway....hopefully we will sign a couple of good strikers and this will be a moot point

I don't like to criticise, hate it. Just unfortunately it's the only way I can sum up my current feelings on the matter. Probably through historical seasons of let downs (not meaning that critically but the seasons before relegation were a torment). That's just the way I feel about football sometimes as well, not just Hibs. Seeing Bale and Pogba be transferred for the amount they did made me feel sick to be honest.

Yeah, here is hoping for some transfer news shortly and for this all to be left in the past as we finish 3rd and beat Hearts in every derby.

Edit - My feelings on the matter aren't about Lafferty, I think he will prove to be a cheating slow carthorse at best.

Why do we need two threads on a Hearts player?

I agree. What they pay has nothing to do with us.

Last time I saw Berra he had EPL players in his back pocket at Hampden. Lafferty is a great signing at this level. My concern is we have not improved on last season's squad. We've signed Swanson but lost Cummings and been linked with Whittaker who plays the same position as our club captain. Murray is no better than Keatings in my opinion and we've lost Fyvie. Signing Marciano and Effe would be good but they were here last season so hardly an improvement. At this moment in time both Aberdeen and Hearts are doing better business while we get Jermaine Pennant in for a look. Last ditch attempts to hyjack other teams signing targets is extremely concerning to me. That's how I see it at the moment. Really hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    They have signed Berra, Lafferty and the young full
    back from Man City (on loan). We have signed Ambrose,
    Murray and Swanson. I don't think they will be signing many more. I'm sure we will. Whittaker and Rocky are nearly over the line. Provided we also bring in two quality strikers then I'd say our squad is stronger than them and probably Aberdeen too.
    I'm not sure we were interested in Lafferty. If we were I'd hope it was as one of a number of targets to replace Holt and not as our main striker. If as you say this was a last ditch attempt by us then I agree it would be concerning.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: nervous_pee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If you can't form a link between my post and the one I quoted then maybe it's best you do wish me all the best.
    see ive still no idea what your talking about

make sense man

Lafferty is a poor player and a despicable so and so (Charlie Mulgrew incident sticks in my mind).

I'm delighted we've not signed him. The thought of swapping Cummings or Holt for Lafferty just sucked.

That mob are welcome to him.

He'll probably score against Hibs now.

Phew. Thank goodness for that. I was coming out in a cold sweat at the thought of him signing for us.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    great signing for us........