hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What has come over from this and various other threads is that people have different ideas as to what should qualify for loyalty.

I wish it was easy to state what did. No matter what is arranged we will still have people complaining. All over 3-4 games a season.
    You could put it another way and it’s 1/3 of our away games, which puts a different perspective on it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    Publicity stunt to take heat off at AGM. Fans were trying n this before have been invited back. They wanted loyalty scheme. Have been told loyalty scheme isn’t coming back. Wasting time. Club surely no how to improve current e ticket system
    That is just pure and utter *****. The AGM is nothing to do with loyalty points and no “one” will be hiding from it.

It may be no loyalty scheme gets brought back but that will be raised whether Laura, Tracey or anyone else objected. It is important that all avenues are looked into and if they are discounted there is a valid reason for it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Tracey (fan director) says on twitter that this group will not be discussing LP coming back but a group to review ticketing.
    Well the parameters have already excluded the most important point for discussion so I wouldn't be interested.

If you are going to review something, not including a potential root cause of an issue is pretty short sighted or more likely very bloody minded. LD has made her decision so she either puts up or shuts up as far as I am concerned. Allowing the working group to discuss how the tickets are sold excluding any form of attendance/loyalty solution is pointless. LD made the mess she should sort it out. If the board want to make a decision they should do the work to get it right. Currently it is getting worse every big game and this looks more like trying to find a fall guy/group than find a solution.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    What has come over from this and various other threads is that people have different ideas as to what should qualify for loyalty.

I wish it was easy to state what did. No matter what is arranged we will still have people complaining. All over 3-4 games a season.
    What about the points fans would get for attending Hibs home Europe and Cups games?
    We’d have had bigger crowds against Ross County and Aberdeen too

@hibs.net private member
    If online ticketing gets sorted that would be a massive boost.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Loyalty points would make the away season ticket scheme irrelevant and it could be scrapped.
    Not at all, the AST is for fans who WILL go to every game, the AST guarantees them this priority. The 2nd stage(loyalty Points)would be for fans like myself who don’t want to commit but generally go to 90% of the away games. All imho of course

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I have had to use online ticketing for longer than most due to my location , physical queuing was not an option. It has always worked much better than today. I’m an old man so I guess I’m a bit more patient about waiting to get served. Some were throwing tantrums at 12:20 today.
    Do you work, work set hours or are you able to work flexibly. Time is as precious a commodity as I can think of along with health so the club consistently wasting my time is not to my liking. I'm lucky I can usually find the time to get online and have always got a ticket but the system just doesn't make sense.

I imagine lots of fans gave up lunch hours for nothing today as they have done many times in the past. At least queuing was an understandable system.

If online ticketing gets sorted that would be a massive boost.
    So who’s job at Hibs is that to fix?

LD took personal responsibility after a fiasco a few years ago, and said she’d fix it. Has she?

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Do you work, work set hours or are you able to work flexibly. Time is as precious a commodity as I can think of along with health so the club consistently wasting my time is not to my liking. I'm lucky I can usually find the time to get online and have always got a ticket but the system just doesn't make sense.

I imagine lots of fans gave up lunch hours for nothing today as they have done many times in the past. At least queuing was an understandable system.
    Yes I work. Maybe your time is much more precious than everyone else’s. Patience seems to be in short supply these days though.
    There were major technical issues today that I haven’t seen before. That needs investigated.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Yes I work. Maybe your time is much more precious than everyone else’s. Patience seems to be in short supply these days though.
    There were major technical issues today that I haven’t seen before. That needs investigated.
    It is to me. You obviously don't value yours as much and that is fine too. I've queued overnight for lots of events where patience and perseverance were important. The difference was I could see the queue and knew the rules. The system is a lottery so why not just make it a lottery and save everyone the bother.

@hibs.net private member
    While it is without doubt that the club would not be in the position it is without LD making some tough decisions, IMHO she has failed massively on two counts: Loyalty Scheme and Singing Section. I'm sure she has her reasons for any decisions she has made on these matters but I can't help but feel that there is a bit of ego at play and she doesn't want to be seen to backdown on either. It doesn't make her weak, in fact I would say it would show courage to admit maybe she got it wrong and was prepared to rethink on both.
    Last edited by marinello59; 17-10-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Copy and paste the hearts one - works well and they all understand it. Be clear on what’s included and what’s not.
    It’s very straightforward and exactly what a loyalty scheme should be in relation to tickets.

I just wish we knew how they cope with the devalued season tickets, cost of operating it etc.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    It’s very straightforward and exactly what a loyalty scheme should be in relation to tickets.

I just wish we knew how they cope with the devalued season tickets, cost of operating it etc.
    They reset them every 2 years or so, so fans need to keep buying new season tickets to keep up the ladder

One other thing re the Ticketing meeting, I’d like to see us introduce “official” season tickets/match tickets to use via your phone
    Not sure what the cost in this is though

Exclamation

Well the parameters have already excluded the most important point for discussion so I wouldn't be interested.

If you are going to review something, not including a potential root cause of an issue is pretty short sighted or more likely very bloody minded. LD has made her decision so she either puts up or shuts up as far as I am concerned. Allowing the working group to discuss how the tickets are sold excluding any form of attendance/loyalty solution is pointless. LD made the mess she should sort it out. If the board want to make a decision they should do the work to get it right. Currently it is getting worse every big game and this looks more like trying to find a fall guy/group than find a solution.
    Its not just a matter of how tickets are sold that is the last part of the process in place just now. The discussion will go back to the basics and take each part of the sales, advertising, media all things that happen behind the actual handing over of the tickets. Hopefully they will start at the begining and see if there is improvements that can be implemented on each part of the process. Its more that just they should be doing this that and everything else!
    It will again take time to sort these issues out and we will have to be patient . The club will NEVER please everyone on here that is a certainty!

Only 3/4 games a season does this site get inindated with complaints from supporters wanting to buy the golden tickets. The mere fact that we have more and more people signing up for season tickets puts the amounts we get from these clubs into panic stations just at the mention of them. This to is to me is an important part of the procudure too. Im just as fed up as you with the treatment this club's supporters gets at the grounds and the number of tickets we are given. So there is a lot to think of and we have to work with the club to get something more user friendly in place.

More and more people come on here with an opinion, i have my own, but a lot do nothing to help other than shoot their mouths off...... Is it a wonder that the points system was bumped if everyone is shouting and not listening! There are an awful lot of people worse off in the aftermath of it all id guess.

Its up to us all to work together and help the club help us to get where we want to be wether it be Loyalty Points, SeasonTickets, eticket sales or queuing to buy somethings have to change for the better. Before you all jump up and down spitting the dummy, remember this is MY opinion and nobody elses!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    Its not just a matter of how tickets are sold that is the last part of the process in place just now. The discussion will go back to the basics and take each part of the sales, advertising, media all things that happen behind the actual handing over of the tickets. Hopefully they will start at the begining and see if there is improvements that can be implemented on each part of the process. Its more that just they should be doing this that and everything else!
    It will again take time to sort these issues out and we will have to be patient . The club will NEVER please everyone on here that is a certainty!

Only 3/4 games a season does this site get inindated with complaints from supporters wanting to buy the golden tickets. The mere fact that we have more and more people signing up for season tickets puts the amounts we get from these clubs into panic stations just at the mention of them. This to is to me is an important part of the procudure too. Im just as fed up as you with the treatment this club's supporters gets at the grounds and the number of tickets we are given. So there is a lot to think of and we have to work with the club to get something more user friendly in place.

More and more people come on here with an opinion, i have my own, but a lot do nothing to help other than shoot their mouths off...... Is it a wonder that the points system was bumped if everyone is shouting and not listening! There are an awful lot of people worse off in the aftermath of it all id guess.

Its up to us all to work together and help the club help us to get where we want to be wether it be Loyalty Points, SeasonTickets, eticket sales or queuing to buy somethings have to change for the better. Before you all jump up and down spitting the dummy, remember this is MY opinion and nobody elses!
    Is some form of scheme where attendance will be used to determine what priority you should be given to buy tickets included or not. I reacted to a thread saying one of the fans reps said Loyalty Points were not to be discussed so presumed that would be the case. You seem to indicate there may be a chance of the working group starting at the beginning. Presumably before how they are sold that would include - what order are fans allowed to but tickets.

I would give some time if the whole issue of ticketing was discussed but if this discussion omits the most important factor then I can't see the point.

Assuming Hibs, Hearts and the Ugly sisters get into the top six we are talking about around a third of away matches in the league cause issues. Not sure if it is me who you are suggesting is spitting the dummy out but I am merely stating my view. No issue at all if you disagree.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    As someone who had the loyalty points previously to get tickets for games at PBS and Ibrox, ( due to standing in the rain at Alloa and Cowdenbeath, and sitting in 2/3 empty Easter Road cup games) since the loyalty points system has been scrapped, ive sat in front of computer screens watching that donut ring for hours out of my life to try and get tickets for 4 derbies and 4 glasgow trips FOR NO REASON. Until today when i eventually got tickets for our group.

So why would the system have been working before? It wasnt then and it still isnt. It is wasting thousands of Hibs fans time, 6 times a year.

No wonder people are being "impatient".

Try these on.

1. At the moment we do not pay any fees when we buy match tickets online.
    The only way online ticket sales will work more smoothly for the away matches at Celtic, Rangers and Hearts will be if our club pay more money to the organisation selling the tickets on their behalf for the extra staff and computer resources required. If they do that they will have to get more money from the fans buying the tickets to cover the extra cost. That money will come from introducing booking fees etc. We will then be in the same position as our chums across the city where we will pay fees for buying all match tickets online.

2. It may be that the club see ticket selling fees as another revenue stream but know it would be unpopular for them to introduce so they use the Working Together Group/Fans Reps to have a series of meetings knowing that at the end of which said folks will decide a better online ticket system is required as at 1. above, as the solution to a lot of the long term ticketing moans of folks like many on this forum. The club can introduce it saying it was the groups decision.
    There will still be no loyalty scheme as that is outwith the parameters set by the club for the group.

Make no mistake Leanne is hard nosed, strong and smart and will play the moaners on here as she played the 'singing section' who are now hidden in a previously quiet little wee corner of the stadium oot the way.

The club has to be pragmatic to be successful. They have a simple model to basically bring in as much money as possible and that enables them to pay their overheads and get the best possible team on the pitch. A successful team on the pitch is the bottom line for supporters and the driver of high attendances and the cash that generates. So long as they get this one thing right everything else will take care of itself.

The moaning from a small group of supporters who want to be prioritised for away ticket sales will be nothing more than a noisy annoyance for her. There is no money in it for Hibs for her to need to sort it out. The moaners are all heavy duty fans who could no easier give up their Hibs habit than a drug addict could give up drugs. She holds all the aces and she knows it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    The moaning from a small group of supporters who want to be prioritised for away ticket sales will be nothing more than a noisy annoyance for her. There is no money in it for Hibs for her to need to sort it out. The moaners are all heavy duty fans who could no easier give up their Hibs habit than a drug addict could give up drugs. She holds all the aces and she knows it.
    I think that paragraph sums it up. She has made her mind up and is treating us as a business whose goal is to get as many points in the league as possible and everything from there will flow well. The problem will come when the results go south and at that point she only has those left who are Hibs Junkies. They might not leave Hibs but they will turn on her. I suspect she will be off before then though.

The only thing I would disagree with is that there seems to be a fair few fans who would like some sort of loyalty scheme. I also think a loyalty scheme may help her in her goal of attracting more fans or from her point of view more revenue. If our form continues those points would be needed for a few games and fans might start going to early rounds of cups etc. Loyalty Points and her goals are not juxtaposed unless you make a complete arse out of running the scheme. She has form for that.

Left by mutual consent!
    That is just pure and utter *****. The AGM is nothing to do with loyalty points and no “one” will be hiding from it.

It may be no loyalty scheme gets brought back but that will be raised whether Laura, Tracey or anyone else objected. It is important that all avenues are looked into and if they are discounted there is a valid reason for it.
    You trying to keep in with Dempster so you can sit as a fans director. The AGM can be anything a shareholder wants it to be.

Is some form of scheme where attendance will be used to determine what priority you should be given to buy tickets included or not. I reacted to a thread saying one of the fans reps said Loyalty Points were not to be discussed so presumed that would be the case. You seem to indicate there may be a chance of the working group starting at the beginning. Presumably before how they are sold that would include - what order are fans allowed to but tickets.

I would give some time if the whole issue of ticketing was discussed but if this discussion omits the most important factor then I can't see the point.

Assuming Hibs, Hearts and the Ugly sisters get into the top six we are talking about around a third of away matches in the league cause issues. Not sure if it is me who you are suggesting is spitting the dummy out but I am merely stating my view. No issue at all if you disagree.
    I was not at all referring to you personally more us all. in saying what i have i may have mislead you in thinking that Loyalty points are on the agenda of the working to gether meeting, which they are not. I too am only expressing my view of how things will pan out. i may be right and i may be wrong in how they will look at the process. So apologies if this is how you have read it.

Whether or not you give your time is up to you and you only I just feel there is no use bleating on about things behind a keyboard if we are not going to do something about whats upsetting us. We are being given the chance to meet with other like minded people and discuss something that is important to us all.

its good to listen to how other people see things and i like picking up little things from others that i have not looked at before in my thoughts.

Its one of the reasons i volunteered for this meeting on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut Shaz View Post
    While it is without doubt that the club would not be in the position it is without LD making some tough decisions, IMHO she has failed massively on two counts: Loyalty Scheme and Singing Section. I'm sure she has her reasons for any decisions she has made on these matters but I can't help but feel that there is a bit of ego at play and she doesn't want to be seen to backdown on either. It doesn't make her weak, in fact I would say it would show courage to admit maybe she got it wrong and was prepared to rethink on both.
    How did she fail with the Singing Section? What did she get wrong and what would the right outcome have been in your opinion?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    You trying to keep in with Dempster so you can sit as a fans director. The AGM can be anything a shareholder wants it to be.
    Does LD choose the fans' reps now?

That should be fun......

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=tamig;5579540]How did she fail with the Singing Section? What did she get wrong and what would the right outcome have been in your opinion?[/QUOTE

I had a seat in that section for many years and found out I was getting the option to move or stay put via this forum. No consultation, nothing. Saw a post on here and got my letter that night. Having sat there with my Dad and Son for many years a little bit input from us would have been welcomed. As a near 60 year female I certainly wasn't going to stay. I have no gripe with singing section, I think they do a great job and definitely add to the atmosphere but where they are situated is not ideal and LD once again is not prepared to engage about the concerns many supporters have. I do think that they should be somewhere better in the ground and yes I am well aware others may have to move. But by engaging with the fans rather than making the decision for them it could possibly happen. Same as with Loyalty Points, the reluctance to even discuss the issue is my issue.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Unfortunately I won't be able the meeting, but if anyone is could you bring up the issue of away game ticket delivery to out-of-town supporters.

We are told that they refuse to take responsibility for any lost tickets in standard postage, which kinda forces you into paying the expensive "special delivery" option.

If you don't want to pay this charge you are left hanging on till the last minute to find out if there is a PATG option. More often than not there is PATG, but the club continues to play the "ticket only" charade for a lot of the away games, only to release details of PATG options the day before a game.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut Shaz View Post
    I had a seat in that section for many years and found out I was getting the option to move or stay put via this forum. No consultation, nothing. Saw a post on here and got my letter that night. Having sat there with my Dad and Son for many years a little bit input from us would have been welcomed. As a near 60 year female I certainly wasn't going to stay. I have no gripe with singing section, I think they do a great job and definitely add to the atmosphere but where they are situated is not ideal and LD once again is not prepared to engage about the concerns many supporters have. I do think that they should be somewhere better in the ground and yes I am well aware others may have to move. But by engaging with the fans rather than making the decision for them it could possibly happen. Same as with Loyalty Points, the reluctance to even discuss the issue is my issue.
    Thats fair enough. Thanks for getting back to me. I knew that the people who sat in that area were contacted by the club but I wasn’t sure what consultation - if any - had taken place. It does seem a shoddy way to treat the fans.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Thats fair enough. Thanks for getting back to me. I knew that the people who sat in that area were contacted by the club but I wasn’t sure what consultation - if any - had taken place. It does seem a shoddy way to treat the fans.
    No worries. 😁 As mentioned in previous posts it seems LD knows that the hard core of supporters (that includes me) will support the club through good times and bad and will probably have a moan about things but still put our money in week in week out no matter what and that disappoints me.

@hibs.net private member
    Once again talking through your backside. I have no intention of being a fans representative now or the foreseeable future. Unless you know better of course.

If you want it included in the agm you should have got in touch ages ago to get it included in the agenda.

Finally Leeann has no input as to whom would be voted on to the board. Maybe you should think before you post.