hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Artificial surfaces are essential for the grassroots of the game.

They have no place in the top leagues.
    The trouble is, a small club (say Alloa) may have the advantage of a plastic pitch - not necessarily the team's performance, but maybe hiring it out, not having the expense of needing training facilities - and get promoted to the top league(s). Whereby they would have to install a grass pitch. No doubt expensive and the double whammy of losing the other benefits. As soon as they are relegated, they may find it too expensive to revert back to plastic.
    So would they want to get promoted?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Pretty sure our pitch isnt 100% grass. They horrid full plastic pitches with the pellets have to go though.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Pretty sure our pitch isnt 100% grass. They horrid full plastic pitches with the pellets have to go though.
    Erm pretty sure ours is 100% grass.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Erm pretty sure ours is 100% grass.
    It's 100% vegeterian, but missing any cannabis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    My son played on the Livi pitch at the weekend, he said surprisingly it was fine and his dodgy knee was no worse than any other pitch he plays on. Hes obviously not a professional footballer (I wish!) but had been dreading playing on that surface.
    If he played on the pitch every week for years his dodgy knee wouldn't be dodgy it would be finished..!

I played/trained on artificial pitches now and again for years and my knees are done in now, I've had an operation on my right and now my left is shouting out for an operation.

These pitches should be nowhere near the top leagues. If a team gets promoted from the championship they should have the option to upgrade their pitch to grass or pass the promotion to the next team that has
    a grass pitch.

When Hibs played at Livi a few weeks ago you could see the players body language, they were not comfortable at all. The pitch is terrible...

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy4 View Post
    If he played on the pitch every week for years his dodgy knee wouldn't be dodgy it would be finished..!

I played/trained on artificial pitches now and again for years and my knees are done in now, I've had an operation on my right and now my left is shouting out for an operation.

These pitches should be nowhere near the top leagues. If a team gets promoted from the championship they should have the option to upgrade their pitch to grass or pass the promotion to the next team that has
    a grass pitch.

When Hibs played at Livi a few weeks ago you could see the players body language, they were not comfortable at all. The pitch is terrible...
    Classic answer to my post 29!

If they are as bad as everyone says, no one would lay them in the first place!!!

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Classic answer to my post 29!

If they are as bad as everyone says, no one would lay them in the first place!!!
    You can still get injuries in training on these pitches BUT when training players are not 100% going into tackles like in a match.

Most training games are all about moving the ball quickly and not trying to put in hard tackles to your team mate ( unless he plays in your position and you want his place ) Lol

You see in games not many players slide tackle, they usually let the ball go. It's like a non contact sport which is ok for a lower level but not top leagues. Just my opinion though..!