hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can get quite a bang for your buck with just a little cash.
    The impression i get is that Kamberi cost £100k, Mallan £150k and Horgan £150k.
    I suspect we had to chuck £100k to Milligan as a signing on fee.
    4 quality players for £500k

I think we will spend the same again next close season on another 4 players to complete the rebuilding job using part of the McGinn money.

Will definitely want to sign Efe up again and McLaren depending on how he plays this season against the transfer fee required. Possibly Bogdan.
    A few old favourites will be out of contract and move on with a need to be replaced:
    McGregor (retire due to chronic knee injury) Bartlay - getting on and not good enough on the ball for Lennon's liking.
    Gray and Stevenson will perhaps get 1 year extensions. Thought Gray was gone but has done well this season.

Lennon will not rest and will leave as soon as things are not moving forward. I really see us being a very good team next season.
    You're right some of the deals we've done for potentially very little cash is impressive. We just have to hope that next season we can replicate that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    You're right some of the deals we've done for potentially very little cash is impressive. We just have to hope that next season we can replicate that.
    It's amazing how you forget about the club doing bad deals. Signing guys on long deals on good wages that turn out to be pants or idiots like Stokes. That can knock the wheels off.
    Stevie May looks like such a signing for Aberdeen at the moment.

Fans of other teams must be wondering how do we do it which is great as we always asked that about other teams. Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Fans of other teams must be wondering how do we do it which is great as we always asked that about other teams. Long may it continue.
    Only Aberdeen and Hearts fans then. Fans of all the other clubs will correctly deduce that they could not afford those players anyway. The quality of the current squad is largely down to the fact that we are averaging 18k attendances now. That gives us a massive advantage over most clubs in the league which was not there before. If crowds drop, the quality of signings will drop again as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Aside from the financial mechanics, a big part of how we are doing this is Neil Lennon's reputation and contacts. A manager who is well known, has been there, seen it and done it and who through his career has developed extensive contacts among top players and managers alike is going to be far better placed to influence players to join us.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I wouldn't see the point in doing that with an interest free loan though. I'd be surprised if Hibs have paid more than £500K to STF (unless someone has seen the actual accounts and I've missed this fact being verified!).
    If I was STF I'd structure an interest free loan to be repaid at a fixed rate linked to revenue or profitability. If revenue/profit increases then the loan is repaid faster using the extra. Only fair. Maybe that's what is happening?

P.S. Other Cropleys' tuppence worths are available

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyisGod View Post
    If I was STF I'd structure an interest free loan to be repaid at a fixed rate linked to revenue or profitability. If revenue/profit increases then the loan is repaid faster using the extra. Only fair. Maybe that's what is happening?

That's what the accounts say is happening.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

Maybe he is Tom Farmer?

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyisGod View Post

Going by the updated wording in the note, I think that is roughly what has happened (£500K min + an extra amount linked to profit).

While I still believe Hibs would be better off keeping the money themselves if possible, it's certainly not an unreasonable stipulation for STF to have included.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    I don’t know how to read accounts. Understand cash runs down as we pay wages over the season. But building a rainy day fund. Only sharing what’ told . Look forward to getting official confirmation what accounts show .

You make good points. Fans bringing in extra cash via shares. Record season ticket sales . All efforts should go on getting best players we can afford while paying of debt to holding company
    Paying extra back to STF when we have a cash surplus would allow us to reduce payments when we have bigger cash commitments - wouldn't it? Having money on deposit doesn't earn you much these days.

Sounds to me like a sensible thing to do - it's not as if STF will receive more than the £500k he loaned us.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Paying extra back to STF when we have a cash surplus would allow us to reduce payments when we have bigger cash commitments - wouldn't it? Having money on deposit doesn't earn you much these days.

Sounds to me like a sensible thing to do - it's not as if STF will receive more than the £500k he loaned us.
    The annual repayments will always be at least 500k. They were more than that last year, will be more this year, but won't be less until the loan is fully paid.

Imagine the potential team we could build when the loan is repaid and we have an extra 500k to put into the footballing department.

We have sold more SeasonTickets this year than last Folk knew we were likely to loose McGinn ,Dylan and were hopefully we would get Allan back
    That tells me Supports still want to back the Club and were confident we would bring in Quality replacements
    Fans now though want us to play attractive football finish higher in League than last Season and qualify for Europe and if possible win a Cup
    All possible at this stage
    What's clear is that The Rangers will get stronger with each passing Transfer Window so therefore we do need to try and finish third this Season and ensure we stay above Hearts and Aberdeen
    If we can do that this Season and increase H S L membership by another 500 between now and end of Season , hopefullyvwe can build on that each Season with 14 000 Season Ticket Holders next Season
    That has to be the Aim and the Performance on Saturday deserved a bigger Crowd Although the South Lower was fuller than normal

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Only Aberdeen and Hearts fans then. Fans of all the other clubs will correctly deduce that they could not afford those players anyway. The quality of the current squad is largely down to the fact that we are averaging 18k attendances now. That gives us a massive advantage over most clubs in the league which was not there before. If crowds drop, the quality of signings will drop again as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would agree it certainly gives us some advantage, but what shouldn't be forgotten is that compared to a good few Scottish clubs we also have a massive infrastructure to service and run. I would imagine the maintenance of Easter Road and running East Mains takes a reasonable amount out of our budget every year.

Like every Scottish club with the possible exception of Celtic we rely hugely on bums on seats … Our current upturn in income through the gate is not something Hibs can use in any long term planning IMO, mainly because it isn't based on a nationwide trend like the EPL is for example. Yes there is a modest overall increase in Premiership crowds, but our amazing upturn way exceeds that trend and its impossible to say for certain that that support would continue if the club had a barren season.

My take on it is that we will gradually lose a percentage of the feelgood support, even if we continue to perform well, as the novelty wears off and that if we have a bad season we will lose some more as the folk who only think a team is worth supporting if its doing well lose heart. The hope is that after that happens the hard core support who are prepared to stick with the club during the hard times goes from the pre 21/05/16 level of about 8,000 to a figure of about 11,000.

That is the sort of mindset I would have if I was running the club …. Though of course the aim would always be to work as hard as possible to keep growing the clubs support to the point where increasing the stadiums capacity became a no brainer and to be fair to the current incumbents I think that is what they are doing.

Will be interesting to see how much we pay back next year if this is the case, assuming the SJM money pushes us into serious profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinribs View Post
    Will be interesting to see how much we pay back next year if this is the case, assuming the SJM money pushes us into serious profit.
    The accounts suggest £655,100 for the year we are in. Whether that is based on the money we got for SJM, I'm not sure, but it would make sense if it is.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 09-10-2018 at 03:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Imagine the potential team we could build when the loan is repaid and we have an extra 500k to put into the footballing department.
    I imagine that quite a lot

But it is still far less than the discrepancy between what FOH & HSL raise respectively

The remedy is in our hands today, whether we have the collective will to address it is the question

First Team Breakthrough
    You are dead right BSEJVT I heard recently that there is more and more money pouring into FOH we really need to up our game with HSL

@hibs.net private member
    The accounts suggest £655,100 for the year we are in. Whether that is based on the money we got for SJM, I'm not sure, but it would make sense if it is.
    How do we know the amount over £500k has gone towards clearing off the outstanding debt, as opposed to going to STF company?

The loan is interest free; however could a clause have been entered that X amount of profit/turnover goes to STF company instead?

Hopefully I’ll be quickly put wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    How do we know the amount over £500k has gone towards clearing off the outstanding debt, as opposed to going to STF company?

The loan is interest free; however could a clause have been entered that X amount of profit/turnover goes to STF company instead?

Hopefully I’ll be quickly put wrong.
    The debt IS to STF's company.

Quick enough?

@hibs.net private member
    The debt IS to STF's company.

Quick enough?
    Understand that, not the point I was trying to make. Does the report include the balance of the debt?

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Understand that, not the point I was trying to make. Does the report include the balance of the debt?
    Yes, it does.

2017 balance - £4,041,659

2018 balance - £3,481,655.

In other words, we paid £560,004 during the year. £60,004 more than we normally pay.

The accounts say that the loan is repayable by "...monthly instalments of £41,667 plus any accelerated annual payments triggered by the results of the company".

I read from that.. 12 x £41,667, plus a one-off payment of £60,000.

@hibs.net private member
    Yes, it does.

2017 balance - £4,041,659

2018 balance - £3,481,655.

In other words, we paid £560,004 during the year. £60,004 more than we normally pay.

The accounts say that the loan is repayable by "...monthly instalments of £41,667 plus any accelerated annual payments triggered by the results of the company".

I read from that.. 12 x £41,667, plus a one-off payment of £60,000.
    Great, thank you.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'm surprised nobody from the ponzi scheme mob have not jumped on this overpayment and turned it into a new scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'm surprised nobody from the ponzi scheme mob have not jumped on this overpayment and turned it into a new scandal.
    Don't ****ing tell them

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Don't ****ing tell them

Ach it will be fun especially for you picking big fat holes in their bollocks.

Ach it will be fun especially for you picking big fat holes in their bollocks.
    I hope that’s an euphemism 😱

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

They don’t know what to believe. On the one hand, they’ve heard we are teetering on the brink of bankruptcy. On the other, we are making money and our owner is creaming off the profits into his back pocket.

Must be confusing for the poor wee yams.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    They don’t know what to believe. On the one hand, they’ve heard we are teetering on the brink of bankruptcy. On the other, we are making money and our owner is creaming off the profits into his back pocket.

Must be confusing for the poor wee yams.
    So confusing in fact they have went into meltdown and kickback has went offline! Had a wee look to see if they had picked up on the extra contribution to farmer and it’s just an error message!

@hibs.net private member tamsonsbairn's Avatar

hibs finances

I recall that we were supposed to be building a full size indoor pitch at east mains, has there been any provision made for this in the accounts. Personally i think this should go ahead, and if its possible to rent it out to clubs who would find it beneficial to there needs. GGTTH.