hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CC has to get the time to sort this mess out, I don't think we'll be relegated but we'll not be far off it. Over the summer is when we'll find out what CC has to offer us.

He's changing the team a lot, but that's because the players aren't performing...if he wasn't changing the side he'd be slated for that as well! He's not had the benefit of pre-season friendlies to find out for himself what system to use with this lot of imposters, you can't tell from watching them in training how they'll do in an actual game.

Sacking hims not going to help matters in my opinion. The players we are stuck with are ruining this club just now. CC can't force them to play well, they have to want to.
    At last a post I can 100% agree with, well said mate

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    Read my whole post, not just the one line you highlighted, I said any manager coming in now would only have 9 days left of this transfer window. You are correct, players should have been identified early so that when the window opened we could make our moves. Trouble is the financial restraints CC is having to work under and as they say " when you pay peanuts..........." I however am not convinced CC is the right man for us, but I am prepared to give him time, and for the record I do not think we will be relegated, I think it will go to the wire and when the break happens we will pick up more points than Hamilton and St Mirren - still not a great situation but hey ho ****** happens [ and has done for past 12 months - even before CC arrived, strange that eh.]
    The whole post was read

Perhaps new players aren't needed though - maybe these imposters in a green jersey could actually turn into proper players with a bit of steel in them by a new manager?

I too dont think we'll go down but I wouldn't put it in the hands of a manager with no previous SPL experience to see if Im right or not. Thinking longer term would many people buy a season ticket for next year with CC at the helm?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post
    The whole post was read

Perhaps new players aren't needed though - maybe these imposters in a green jersey could actually turn into proper players with a bit of steel in them by a new manager?

I too dont think we'll go down but I wouldn't put it in the hands of a manager with no previous SPL experience to see if Im right or not. Thinking longer term would many people buy a season ticket for next year with CC at the helm?
    How many new managers are we going to try and then run out of town before they get a chance to prove themselves? I think you said in another thread that part of being a manager is being able to coach the players you have as well as build up the team using connections and scouts (something along those lines). Well we haven't given the guy time to assemble his own team. Yes I know that we are 22 days through January but that means nothing at all. Maybe there are no targets out there? Maybe there are but they are out of our price range? Maybe there are but they have no interest in joining a club that is in apparent freefall?

From everything that I've read on here it's apparent that contrary to your hypothesis, I think new players ARE needed.

We're all Hibs fans and we're all on the same side. I think it's obvious given the disagreements between ourselves that the answer is not exactly black and white. We have people calling for players to be punted, players to be bought, the manager to be sacked, the manager to resign, the board to resign, etc. Surely that is enough to show that there is no clearcut answer? You have one answer. I have another. Other fans have their opinions. If everyone was saying the exact same thing as you then I would find that harder to ignore but I fear that people were expecting miracles from our new manger, regardless of who we actually appointed. Maybe someone else could do a better job ("nobody could do worse!" responses welcomed) but we really don't know that. Part of me thinks that players of good enough quality should be able to perform better than we are even without a manager. Either our players are not trying or they're not good enough. If they are not good enough then they never were good enough or Colin has managed to coach all their skills down the toilet and I find that kinda hard to swallow. The assumption I mean, not the toilet.
    Last edited by HibsMax; 22-01-2011 at 06:24 PM.

First Team Breakthrough Ernie Cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Dont resign Colin that will seal our relegation without a doubt. How about you dont panic and sign the right players to keep us up and then sort out the playing side proper next season.

10 games no wins
    5 games no goals
    1 unknown signing in 22 days of a transfer window
    playing players who have been released
    playing nish
    hoofing the ball up the park to a loan derek riordan
    dropping brown and playing smith

aye colin your awright son.........BOLT TIME TO GO, TIME FOR PETRIE TO GO.

if i performed as badly at my job i would be sacked, and there wouldnae be any of this ,,,"ah the poor guys just in thr job pish"

If you cant do the job you get fired- it really is as simple as that!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Cobra View Post
    10 games no wins
    5 games no goals
    playing nish

if i performed as badly at my job i would be sacked, and there wouldnae be any of this ,,,"ah the poor guys just in thr job pish"

You no a fan then?

The whole post was read

Agreed 100%.

Were not in a disimilar position to the hodgson and lfc saga.

The same shower of imposters who turned over chelsea were turned over by teams like wolves earlier this season.

The shower of imposters we have seemed capable against the huns and most of them put in some good games last season.

You have 2 options in these situations;
    1) empty them all as they are well paid and that alone if nothing else should motivate them
    OR
    2) get the right person to get the most out of them....

If it were up to me, id go for option 1. However Kenny Dalglish at LFC appears to be proving quite clearly within less than 2 weeks the premierships laziest lethargic imposters can in fact play and play well.

At the same time he's united the fans, owners, team and everyone else at the club. He's also been afforded respect because he does not need to PROVE himself to anyone. Why didn't we appoint someone proven who could also get the job done?

Answer...it costs money and requires some brains to put in the right man. As per above example, they're now selling kenny merch all over and making a mint so it can be a money spinner too...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I can totally understand the calls for CC to resign, but I genuinely hope he doesn't - and I hope the board stick by him.

These players have already cost at least one manager his job, someone else coming in now will still be stuck with them until the summer, by which point he'll have had a few months trying to get a win out of them as well, and folk on here will be calling for his head too.

We need stability now, not more change. He's brought one player in already, is talking of another two - we need to let him do that and look to revamp the squad come the summer. He should be judged on whether or not his signings in this window were sufficient to keep us up.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    I can totally understand the calls for CC to resign, but I genuinely hope he doesn't - and I hope the board stick by him.

These players have already cost at least one manager his job, someone else coming in now will still be stuck with them until the summer, by which point he'll have had a few months trying to get a win out of them as well, and folk on here will be calling for his head too.

We need stability now, not more change. He's brought one player in already, is talking of another two - we need to let him do that and look to revamp the squad come the summer. He should be judged on whether or not his signings in this window were sufficient to keep us up.
    Completely agree.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    10 games no wins
    5 games no goals
    playing nish

If it was as simple as that then how many of our first team players would you be sacking before even considering handing CC his P45?

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    No danger!

At the moment, the club is rotten to the core.....

We could bring Alex Ferguson and we'd still be in the same mess. The players need to look at themselves in the mirror and forget the dreams of playing Call Of Duty Black Ops in the training centre as soon as the session has finished.

East Mains should be stripped off anything that has no relevance to football and the players made to train longer.

I wasn't a big fan of Collins, but starting to see that maybe he had a point.

Gamer IDs

10 games no wins
    5 games no goals
    playing nish

It's not that simple. If I hire you as a mechanic and then give you a Fisher Price tool set, would it be fair of me to fire you after a few months because you hadn't fixed a single car? If I hired you to manage my garage but the employees were all incompetent (to the degree that they got my previous manager fired) would it be fair to fire you based on their failings?

I know there are some things about the way that Colin conducts his business that makes people raise their eyebrows but it's not clear to me that HE is the reason we're not performing rather than the players.

It just seems silly to me to stick with the same failing players while we repeatedly sack managers.
    Last edited by HibsMax; 22-01-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    It's not that simple. If I hire you as a mechanic and then give you a Fisher Price tool set, would it be fair of me to fire you after a few months because you hadn't fixed a single car? If I hired you to manage my garage but the employees were all incompetent (to the degree that they got my previous manager fired) would it be fair to fire you based on their failings?

I know there are some things about the way that Colin conducts his business that makes people raise their eyebrows but it's not clear to me that HE is the reason we're not performing rather than the players.

It just seems silly to me to stick with the same failing players while we go repeatedly sack managers.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

How many new managers are we going to try and then run out of town before they get a chance to prove themselves? I think you said in another thread that part of being a manager is being able to coach the players you have as well as build up the team using connections and scouts (something along those lines). Well we haven't given the guy time to assemble his own team. Yes I know that we are 22 days through January but that means nothing at all. Maybe there are no targets out there? Maybe there are but they are out of our price range? Maybe there are but they have no interest in joining a club that is in apparent freefall?

From everything that I've read on here it's apparent that contrary to your hypothesis, I think new players ARE needed.

We're all Hibs fans and we're all on the same side. I think it's obvious given the disagreements between ourselves that the answer is not exactly black and white. We have people calling for players to be punted, players to be bought, the manager to be sacked, the manager to resign, the board to resign, etc. Surely that is enough to show that there is no clearcut answer? You have one answer. I have another. Other fans have their opinions. If everyone was saying the exact same thing as you then I would find that harder to ignore but I fear that people were expecting miracle from our new manger, regardless of who we actually appointed. Maybe someone else could do a better job ("nobody could do worse!" responses welcomed) but we really don't know that. Part of me thinks that players of good enough quality should be able to perform better than we are even without a manager. Either our players are not trying or they're not good enough. If they are not good enough then they never were good enough or Colin has managed to coach all their skills down the toilet and I find that kinda hard to swallow. The assumption I mean, not the toilet.
    So how much time are we giving CC then? A month? A year?

Players are needed (EVERYONE admits that) as we have no stomach for a fight. You keep banging the drum with perhaps players dont want to join Hibs so it's up for the manager to persuade them to come. For you to bury your head in the sand and say no one wants to join us so there! is just plain nonsense.

As you say people have different opinions - the world would be a boring place if we all had the same one. Some people want CC to stick it out and save us. Others want to cut their losses and admit we made a mistake and get a new man in.

Gamer IDs

We haven't even given him one complete January transfer window. How about at least giving him that amount of time? Better yet, how about waiting until the close season when there is generally speaking more movement in the transfer market and when Hibs can offload a lot of dead weight? I'm not asking for fans to give him unwavering support indefinitely but, in my opinion, he needs to be at least given the opportunity to make the team his before we cast judgment.

Players are needed (EVERYONE admits that) as we have no stomach for a fight. You keep banging the drum with perhaps players dont want to join Hibs so it's up for the manager to persuade them to come. For you to bury your head in the sand and say no one wants to join us so there! is just plain nonsense.
    LOL. Banging the drum? Pardon me for having an opinion that differs from yours. How exactly does a football manager persuade players to board a sinking ship?

I'm not burying my head in the sand. I NEVER once said that nobody wants to join Hibs. All I did was offer up a possible explanation as to why Hibs have not amassed as many new players as you seem to think we should have by now.

If you're going to try and pick my posts apart then do yourself a favour and make sure you understand exactly what it is that I said as opposed to saying that I said things that I never did. Cheers for that.

EDIT : to save you some time, here's one of the posts that I think you are referring to re: drum banging:
    Yes, he's had the time but consider these points:
    1. maybe there is nobody around that he wants.
    2. maybe nobody actually wants to come play for Hibs. Go figure!

Just because we've had 21 days doesn't mean that something should have happened.

And you just know that a certain portion of the fans would be pissed if CC brought in someone just for the hell of it.

Note the subtle use of the word, "maybe".

As you say people have different opinions - the world would be a boring place if we all had the same one. Some people want CC to stick it out and save us. Others want to cut their losses and admit we made a mistake and get a new man in.
    And we can keep doing that every 3 months. Yup, that should work.
    Last edited by HibsMax; 22-01-2011 at 06:46 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    He needs longer than a few weeks. He's been left with a load of players that can't be bothered and are looking forward to a move to Arbroath, Alloa and Clyde next season.

I think most folk said when Hughes left the club that the new guy needed time to sort it out. Now we're panicking and want to start the process all over again.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    He needs longer than a few weeks. He's been left with a load of players that can't be bothered and are looking forward to a move to Arbroath, Alloa and Clyde next season.

I think most folk said when Hughes left the club that the new guy needed time to sort it out. Now we're panicking and want to start the process all over again.
    Yep totally agree, far too many knee-jerkers and bed wetters in the Hibs support at the moment. Give the guy a proper chance which includes the opportunity of getting his own signings in.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yep totally agree, far too many knee-jerkers and bed wetters in the Hibs support at the moment. Give the guy a proper chance which includes the opportunity of getting his own signings in.
    But, Jim, he's had 22 days already. How much longer does it take FFS?

It just seems silly to me to stick with the same failing players while we repeatedly sack managers.
    Well in the 3 months I would have expected you to have identified the tools you need and the tools you dont. I would have expected you to have informed me and been ready to get replacement tools ASAP to stop my garage going bankrupt.

If you had not then you would deserve to go.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    Well in the 3 months I would have expected you to have identified the tools you need and the tools you dont. I would have expected you to have informed me and been ready to get replacement tools ASAP to stop my garage going bankrupt.

Unfortunately my analogy fails at that point. Buying tools is something anyone can do. Buying players is a little more tricky. I am sure that, for the most part, two identical Snap-On socket sets will perform equally as well as each other. The same cannot be said of a striker.

Now it's my turn to make some assumptions:
    1. I assume that Colin knows our team's weaknesses.
    2. I assume that Colin has spoken to the Tache about this.

It's up to the board to give him the money so he can go out and by the tools he needs. I doubt he is authorized to go and do it without the board's approval.

If he has not been given adequate funds to buy new players then his hands are tied.

I think we're all in agreement that the team needs some new blood. Where we seem to disagree is how much opportunity Colin has been given to do that already and how much he should have achieved. Without knowing what goes on behind closed doors at ER I don't think anyone can really say what is realistic or otherwise. I mean, if Colin has been promised 100K then that might explain his reluctance to spend. But if he has been given 2 million then he has no excuse.
    Last edited by HibsMax; 22-01-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post

with this.

Say we appointed Jimmy Orange, and he lost his first 5 games, their would be some on here asking for his Terry's chocolate head.

Where are the Hibernians who want to fight for our cause.

IF YOUR NOT WITH US, YOU'RE AGAINST US.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post

See if Maccess wouldn't sell you the tools you need/want or the tools you want were damaged what would hyou do? Just buy anything they sell and hope they'll do the job?

Gamer IDs

See if Maccess wouldn't sell you the tools you need/want or the tools you want were damaged what would hyou do? Just buy anything they sell and hope they'll do the job?
    Go to Halfords. :D

We haven't even given him one complete January transfer window. How about at least giving him that amount of time? Better yet, how about waiting until the close season when there is generally speaking more movement in the transfer market and when Hibs can offload a lot of dead weight? I'm not asking for fans to give him unwavering support indefinitely but, in my opinion, he needs to be at least given the opportunity to make the team his before we cast judgment.

LOL. Banging the drum? Pardon me for having an opinion that differs from yours. How exactly does a football manager persuade players to board a sinking ship?

I'm not burying my head in the sand. I NEVER once said that nobody wants to join Hibs. All I did was offer up a possible explanation as to why Hibs have not amassed as many new players as you seem to think we should have by now.

If you're going to try and pick my posts apart then do yourself a favour and make sure you understand exactly what it is that I said as opposed to saying that I said things that I never did. Cheers for that.

EDIT : to save you some time, here's one of the posts that I think you are referring to re: drum banging:
    Yes, he's had the time but consider these points:
    1. maybe there is nobody around that he wants.
    2. maybe nobody actually wants to come play for Hibs. Go figure!

Just because we've had 21 days doesn't mean that something should have happened.

And you just know that a certain portion of the fans would be pissed if CC brought in someone just for the hell of it.

Note the subtle use of the word, "maybe".

And we can keep doing that every 3 months. Yup, that should work.
    As I said people have different opinions - good luck

@hibs.net private member
    Go to Halfords. :D
    Too dear. You can only shop in the shops you can afford...

Gamer IDs

As I said people have different opinions - good luck
    I totally agree with you, we all have different opinions and the world is a better place for it.

(but I didn't say that nobody would join Hibs). ;)

Gamer IDs

Too dear. You can only shop in the shops you can afford...
    LOL. I was kidding (as I am sure you knew). I didn't even know if they still existed.

Unfortunately my analogy fails at that point. Buying tools is something anyone can do. Buying players is a little more tricky.

Now it's my turn to make some assumptions:
    1. I assume that Colin knows our team's weaknesses.
    2. I assume that Colin has spoken to the Tache about this.

It's up to the board to give him the money so he can go out and by the tools he needs. I doubt he is authorized to go and do it without the board's approval.

If he has not been given adequate funds to buy new players then his hands are tied.
    Our future is totally reliant on whether our board deliver the required change in personnel THIS month.

@hibs.net private member
    LOL. I was kidding (as I am sure you knew). I didn't even know if they still existed.
    They're still there mate and still dear.

First Team Breakthrough Ernie Cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad_adora_el_gallo View Post
    Any chance you can give an example of 3 "unforgivable" descisions he has made?

Dropping brown

playing Nish and Mcbride when they have been freed.

doing the square root of **** all in the transfer window.

not producing a team that can score over 180mins against a part time outfit

ohh that was 4 and i could keep going

Testimonial Due
    Do NOT resign CC.

Take no notice of some of the ridiculous shouts on here for you to walk away. It was exactly the same people that hounded out our last manager and the one before. These fans do nothing our than destabilise our club and are in a large part responsible for the state we find ourselves in today.

Yogi was hounded out during the opening of this season, you therefore inherited a team that you are currently trying to change. Unfortunately a section of our fans expected you to bring your wand, and turn Miller into Fabregas, Riordan into Tevez and Nish into Messi and the rest of them in to run of the mill galacticos.

You would think we had been on an extensive winning run before you came along, the fans obviously want you to restore the team to the glory days of 2010 Feb-Sep.

Mr Nish pinpointed the extent of a fans knowledge of the game, and this site is more often than not a reflection of that.

We are never, and I mean never, in my opinion going to go anywhere as a club with the constant - lets look and see if the next manager is better, lets get rid of this player and see if the next one is better. Each time we think about doing the hibs.net experience we lose three points, or a month looking for a new manager, and then 2 months while he finds his feet, over and above that we end up with a squad of players that represent 3 picks from each manager and alas the situation that Hibernian FC finds itself in today.